Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Sounds like a real family. No weapons at the family reunion. LOL I can see the Atlantians not knowing exactly how to act. Diplomacy would be utmost. And maybe a little comic relief with Rodney stepping in it resulting in a Gibbs slap from John.
    Oooooooooh, John Gibbs-slapping McKay would be so made of win
    And then McKay could whine over the massive headache that slap is causing him
    And John then could growl about the massive headache Mckay's whining is giving him

Sig by me

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Yes, I'm up early (for me). I didn't sleep well last night.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Maybe there's this one group among Athosians that still feels resentment, while others, possibly led by Halling want to sort things out and keep up the good impression. I think all of it fits nicely and can be worked into the story - there is a group of people who insist on following the tradition, Teyla feeling slightly exasperated, Kanaan being supportive of her, John and everyone else deciding to help sort out the issue by respecting the traditions? And then they have to really work together in order to solve their new problem.
      *nods* I think that idea works beautifully. I can definitely see some of the Athosians, especially those who have had the most contact with Atlantis, like Halling, having a better understanding of how important Atlantis is to their people as well as to the Pegasus Galaxy at large, and that they can't just turn their backs on Atlantis.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      As has been said: if they want to submerge it, they'd need a pretty solid energy source.
      The idea I used in a fic was that they borrow a ZPM from one of the ships to move Atlantis to a barely used patch of ocean close to Antarctica. Then they give the ZPM back and keep the city cloaked with the "normal" power source instead of the ZPM.
      Hmm, that could work... The Odyssey is the only ship with a ZPM; it got one of the ZPMs from Atlantis after the Replicator takeover in The Return. The other ZPM was sent to the Antarctic outpost to power the chair, and since all of that was moved to Area 51 and then destroyed in EatG, the Odyssey ZPM is all they've got now.

The idea of moving Atlantis down next to Antarctica is amusingly ironic.

I was thinking about Sonya Thomas. She's local so we hear a lot about her.
      That's her!

How long is this going to go on? Maybe by this time things have settled down a bit. But it would fit with the weapons thing.
      Very true, it probably should be a month or more between the end of Episode 3 and First Year, so the Athosians have got time to set up their camp and all.

Sounds like a real family. No weapons at the family reunion. LOL I can see the Atlantians not knowing exactly how to act. Diplomacy would be utmost. And maybe a little comic relief with Rodney stepping in it resulting in a Gibbs slap from John.
      A bit of 'what would Elizabeth do?' angst from John at the diplomacy bit... *pets John*

Gotta have a Gibbs headslap. Can we turn that into a running gag throughout the season?

Oooooooooh, John Gibbs-slapping McKay would be so made of win
      And then McKay could whine over the massive headache that slap is causing him
      And John then could growl about the massive headache Mckay's whining is giving him
      And then Keller and Beckett could snarl at the massive headaches they're getting from listening to those two bicker.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
        I've also taught myself, but I'm not very good, although I've played for ten years now, because I just learned it to accompany my singing.
        Ten years?!?

I've got a lot of catching up to do then...

Maybe we could just name the band Atlantis Rising
        That sounds better than my too long one.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          The only thing that really concerns me about the six month timetable is, if Atlantis is sitting on Earth that long, how are they going to be able to keep it secret from the public? As of the end of EatG, Atlantis is sitting right outside San Francisco Bay, smack in the entry/exit path to a major Pacific shipping port. If the government has to keep diverting international shipping traffic around a seemingly empty spot of ocean for no apparent reason, people will get suspicious. They're going to need to move Atlantis somehow, but 1) where? and 2) with what energy source? (I'm assuming they'll have enough power from what's left in the ZPMs for the cloak, but not much else) Something tells me they'd need a fleet of tug boats for that job.
          I've got a solution for that, too! Meant to send you this in the two-parter write up, but I can pitch it here.

Since EATG didn't tell us exactly how much power was depleted. All we get is a little note from John:

SHEPPARD: Take your time. The city's pretty banged up. Even with the ZeePMs we're not going anywhere for a while.
          That indicates the ZPMs are functioning and they're okay on power, perhaps even to fly back to Pegasus, just that the city itself is damaged.

That being the case, I thought what the IOA could do was move Atlantis under cloak to--where else? Antarctica. Set up base off the coast, to replace the chair. Keep the cloak running, but not the shield. For our first episodes on Earth, I thought we could even toy with the idea of the IOA trying to find a way to keep Atlantis on Earth as home base for Stargate Operations, and have already sort of started using it that way (since the Pegasus gate overrides the Earth gate). Perhaps we can bring up the fact that in real life they shut down NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain and the IOA wants the Stargate program international anyway, not based in the US. Plus, they can argue, Atlantis is now the best line of defense since the Earth chair has been destroyed.

I think we can use any excuse in the book to get Atlantis there. And all our people are REALLY irritated this is even being considered, because they want to go back to Pegasus. But the IOA is adamant and the person who makes the final call on whether Atlantis stays or goes is the rep from Homeworld Security--Nancy Sheppard.

But basically, it's six months of waffling and doing nothing and may the IOA hinting that Pegasus doesn't matter (of course our people know how dangerous the Wraith are, plus the people they care about in Pegasus, etc). Only when the Travellers ship shows up to they begin to grasp that, yeah, Atlantis is needed and they have a duty to fight the war in Pegasus, even over Earth.

Also, Teyla and Ronon have not been allowed to contact anyone in Pegasus because Earth and the IOA are (unreasonably) declaring that contact with Pegasus would give the Wraith another heads up on Earth's location.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          I really like the plan for episode 3, Eri!

The only thing I'm wondering about is how the new twist in Teyla and the Athosians' relationship is going to affect my First Year ep. I like the new resentment, but the original plan for the story included some happy family time and story swapping (pretty relaxed, close knit, etc.). So I'm wondering if there's a way to have cake and eat it too. Of course, I could just move all that to the end after everything is resolved if I had to. All though it would have been nice to end it with the ceremony and maybe Teyla singing a song...
          Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Maybe there's this one group among Athosians that still feels resentment, while others, possibly led by Halling want to sort things out and keep up the good impression. I think all of it fits nicely and can be worked into the story - there is a group of people who insist on following the tradition, Teyla feeling slightly exasperated, Kanaan being supportive of her, John and everyone else deciding to help sort out the issue by respecting the traditions? And then they have to really work together in order to solve their new problem.
          I think Anuna's got the best solution here. And it'll give you a little more drama to work into your version of Teyla, something we've rarely gotten to see. I'm sure by the end you can have a happier resolution, too, with everyone having to work together to figure out what's wrong and realizing that family comes first.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

That being the case, I thought what the IOA could do was move Atlantis under cloak to--where else? Antarctica. Set up base off the coast, to replace the chair. Keep the cloak running, but not the shield. For our first episodes on Earth, I thought we could even toy with the idea of the IOA trying to find a way to keep Atlantis on Earth as home base for Stargate Operations, and have already sort of started using it that way (since the Pegasus gate overrides the Earth gate). Perhaps we can bring up the fact that in real life they shut down NORAD in Cheyenne Mountain and the IOA wants the Stargate program international anyway, not based in the US. Plus, they can argue, Atlantis is now the best line of defense since the Earth chair has been destroyed.
            Just recently I think I read somewhere that JM said something (aaarrrggghhh) about the SGC being moved elsewhere. Anyone else have a better memory?
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              I've got a solution for that, too! Meant to send you this in the two-parter write up, but I can pitch it here.
              Two-parter write up?

That indicates the ZPMs are functioning and they're okay on power, perhaps even to fly back to Pegasus, just that the city itself is damaged.

I think we can use any excuse in the book to get Atlantis there. And all our people are REALLY irritated this is even being considered, because they want to go back to Pegasus. But the IOA is adamant and the person who makes the final call on whether Atlantis stays or goes is the rep from Homeworld Security--Nancy Sheppard.

But basically, it's six months of waffling and doing nothing and may the IOA hinting that Pegasus doesn't matter (of course our people know how dangerous the Wraith are, plus the people they care about in Pegasus, etc). Only when the Travellers ship shows up to they begin to grasp that, yeah, Atlantis is needed and they have a duty to fight the war in Pegasus, even over Earth.

Also, Teyla and Ronon have not been allowed to contact anyone in Pegasus because Earth and the IOA are (unreasonably) declaring that contact with Pegasus would give the Wraith another heads up on Earth's location.
              That's brilliant! The IOA would absolutely try to keep Atlantis on Earth now that they've got it; gotta save their own skins, after all. Even if the ZPMs are mostly okay, someone (probably McKay) ought to bring up the point that they won't last forever (especially if they have to be used for defensive purposes-- now I really need to watch SGU to get the goods on what's going on with the Lucian Alliance) and their best chance for getting more is in Pegasus. Maybe John can sic McKay on Nancy.

No contact with Pegasus at all? Wow, I figured they'd at least be able to send a message (maybe via a scouting trip by the Daedalus) even if they couldn't go back permanently just yet. Ooooh, Teyla's gonna be PISSED! (And who could blame her?) How delicious!

I think Anuna's got the best solution here. And it'll give you a little more drama to work into your version of Teyla, something we've rarely gotten to see. I'm sure by the end you can have a happier resolution, too, with everyone having to work together to figure out what's wrong and realizing that family comes first.
              And hey, it gives Teyla some more screen time. We certainly won't get any accusations of turning Teyla into wallpaper! Hah!

Just recently I think I read somewhere that JM said something (aaarrrggghhh) about the SGC being moved elsewhere. Anyone else have a better memory?
              I could swear I read that too, was it on his blog? I seem to recall it was somewhat vague about location, and I thought that maybe it referred to that "Homeworld Command" office at the Pentagon that O'Neill has been seen working out of in SGU. I'm not sure they moved the Earth gate out of Cheyenne Mountain, though, since part of the reason why they put it there in the first place was so they could rebury it in case of an invasion.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                I too have Guitar for Dummies and am teaching myself guitar.
                We all have.lol It's the first step.
                In two months, I will take guitar lessons. I can play many songs (now my fingers are quick lol) but I have bad habits. I want to correct them.

We are 5 guitarists here.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Hi Sparkies, have a nice weekend.
                  Want to share this tribute vid to The Rising made by Starg8rocks, I like it!

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post

That's gorgeous!!!! It's like a trailer for the ep... or for the first season even.
                    Thanks for the rec!!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                      That was completely great. It covered all the angles.
                      sigpic

Comment

Nephty: Thanks for the link. The vid is great. I feel nostalgic now.

Atlantis rising band...excellent. Fionnait will be singer or one of them if someone can sing correctly because she has a beautiful voice. Is it possible to have a ukulélé solo?lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          Nephty: Thanks for the link. The vid is great. I feel nostalgic now.

Atlantis rising band...excellent. Fionnait will be singer or one of them if someone can sing correctly because she has a beautiful voice. Is it possible to have a ukulélé solo?lol
                          And your band will need fangirls. *raises hand*
                          sigpic

Comment

And fanboys or Pkprd will be the only one happy.lol
                            sigpic

Comment

Yay, we already have a groupie fangirl!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Red headed southern gal, not a bad start for fangirls

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                And fanboys or Pkprd will be the only one happy.lol
                                What so wrong with that?

Yeah, I've been working on scales and chord changes, basic beginner stuff. A band sounds great... but we still need a drummer (I'm sure one of us can learn bass.) Jamie Ray Newman and Claire Rankin singing... I'd be content to just strum A,D, and E with them two around. (Leaves bowl of sugar for the Lemming to appease her anger for thunking on Ms. Rankin.)
                                Last edited by pkprd869; 19 June 2010, 11:27 AM.
                                "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Working...
                                X