Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    If they've got enough power to maintain the shield under constant pressure from the ocean, they could. But we don't know how much they've got left, other than that they've got enough for the cloak.
    They should move it to the Gulf of Mexico and send a drone down at that oil leak..
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *is getting drunk from all the wine-talk*

Yay, thanks to my new book - Guitar Playing For Dummies - I know what a Les Paul is.

Mmm yeah, I'm going to try and teach myself how to play the guitar. I foresee interesting journal entries in the coming months...

*...and wanders off again*
      I too have Guitar for Dummies and am teaching myself guitar. Your fingers will hurt a bit to start, but that'll go away in about a week or so. So far I can play Peggy Sue. Good beginners song, good workout on strum control, right hand strength, and some alternate picking in the solo. I plan on getting a 1957 Fender Stratocaster reissue. Do you want to play acoustic or electric? Some of the guys I work with are great pickers, and they advise to buy a nice instrument to start out. A quality instrument is more fun to play than a cheap POS. With all us guitar players we'll have to jam sometime... (unleashes evil plot bunny) Lizzie and Shep doing a song together?

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
      They should move it to the Gulf of Mexico and send a drone down at that oil leak..
      OMFG... that would be a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

Eri love the outline. I think it'll be great way to get things moving again. I think 6 months to 1 year is plausible for repairing Atlantis. Of course if McKay is running stuff, he'd probably work a guy like me 7 doubles.
      "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Bwahahaha! Good thing Atlantis is a secret, then, because the environmentalists would probably start screaming about using weapons in such an ecologically sensitive area!

And a report from the Season 6 Cast & Crew Summer Wine Tasting Party: Joe, David and Jason appear to be engaged in a contest to see who can eat the most Kobe sliders. I just knew that snack was going to be trouble...
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*is getting drunk from all the wine-talk*

Yay, thanks to my new book - Guitar Playing For Dummies - I know what a Les Paul is.

Mmm yeah, I'm going to try and teach myself how to play the guitar. I foresee interesting journal entries in the coming months...

*...and wanders off again*
          Sweet, you could jam with Joe and Jason!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
          I too have Guitar for Dummies and am teaching myself guitar. Your fingers will hurt a bit to start, but that'll go away in about a week or so. So far I can play Peggy Sue. Good beginners song, good workout on strum control, right hand strength, and some alternate picking in the solo. I plan on getting a 1957 Fender Stratocaster reissue. Do you want to play acoustic or electric? Some of the guys I work with are great pickers, and they advise to buy a nice instrument to start out. A quality instrument is more fun to play than a cheap POS. With all us guitar players we'll have to jam sometime... (unleashes evil plot bunny) Lizzie and Shep doing a song together?
          Make that a 4-way jam session!

Elizabeth and John doing a duet? I like it! Although Joe and Torri are both saying that we'll need to hire singers to dub for them.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Do you want to play acoustic or electric?
            A long time ago I inherited an acoustic guitar (from an uncle who died in a car accident). Never really did anything with it until last year on a whim I took it to a music shop to get new strings. I've always wanted to be able to play it (my mother used to play the guitar and my father was a DJ in his younger days) but never really got the time to actually learn or do.

With all us guitar players we'll have to jam sometime... (unleashes evil plot bunny) Lizzie and Shep doing a song together?
            *feeds the bunny lots of carrots*

Sweet, you could jam with Joe and Jason!

Make that a 4-way jam session!
            We can start a band. The Atlantis cast & crew rockband or something...

Elizabeth and John doing a duet? I like it! Although Joe and Torri are both saying that we'll need to hire singers to dub for them.
            Karaoke night anyone?

Well, Teyla can sing. And Cadman can tapdance.

Of the Stargate cast a few can sing, so they can dub -> Jaime Ray Newman (Cadman), Claire Rankin (Kate H.), Robert Picardo (Woolsey)... see plenty of dubbers.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              For the time period, that's something perhaps we should discuss. I think it could reasonably be gone for about 6 months or so at least. It'll take a while for word taking a while to spread through the Pegasus that Atlantis has left and their forces are nowhere to be found and are not returning; it would also take a while for the Wraith to re-ally themselves to set up counter attacks on the Coalition planets. Once the Coalition recognizes that they're being targeted, that'll take a little time for them to get organized, plus the time it takes to realize they need Atlantis because they can't fight battles on their own, then the travel time for the Coalition's souped up Traveller's ship to make it to the Milky Way. I couldn't see this happening quickly, especially the Wraith getting over their personal differences quickly and mobilizing. So I don't think 6 months is too long a time frame. Just long enough to put Pegasus in peril but not give the Wraith enough time to reamass forces.

I was hoping that we could work Kanaan into an important role and this just seemed to fit without taking over our entire Season 6.

SR, I was going back and forth on whether the Athosians should be captured...again...because I agree with you. That's why only a few are taken and not the group; the remainder will be living kinda like guerillas trying to avoid culling and very bitter to Teyla. And perhaps rather than be indignant, Teyla just doesn't know what to do, because they no longer trust her. I think we can distinguish this from Michael's kidnapping, perhaps have it be because the Wraith need them for their genetics, and perhaps draw a parallel from The Gift as well with the horror of their being experimented on brought up again. And perhaps the Wraith recognized the Athosians in general are dangerous because they've been so involved, so we treat them like they're no longer a sheltered society, the Wraith are now out to destroy them. Which is how we later make them a very important part of the Coalition though they're not an advanced society, because they're on the Wraith hot list.

And perhaps we also start turning them advanced, making them realize they need to learn weaponry and such to defend themselves since they can no longer hide or something.
              That idea works. Didn't the Athosians sort of get cranky with her in H&S or one of those? So there is precedent in canon.

I didn't pay that much attention to EaTG, can't they just sink it?
              Is the ocean deep enough in that area? And I think the power is depleted so that wouldn't be possible.

Bwahahaha! Good thing Atlantis is a secret, then, because the environmentalists would probably start screaming about using weapons in such an ecologically sensitive area!

And a report from the Season 6 Cast & Crew Summer Wine Tasting Party: Joe, David and Jason appear to be engaged in a contest to see who can eat the most Kobe sliders. I just knew that snack was going to be trouble...
              My bet is on Jason. Though I've heard in spite of appearances to the contrary, Joe is quite the big eater.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                That idea works. Didn't the Athosians sort of get cranky with her in H&S or one of those? So there is precedent in canon.
                It was Suspicion. And yeah, they were pretty annoyed with her, thinking she was taking the Earth people's side over her own people and all that. Given all the things that have happened to the Athosians since they met up with the expedition (losing Athos, the trust issues from Suspicion, being targeted by Michael), I can see a lot of simmering resentment from them about her actions.

Is the ocean deep enough in that area? And I think the power is depleted so that wouldn't be possible.
                Hmm, that's a good question on the ocean depth. It'd have to be deep enough to cover the 70-story central tower and still have plenty of water above to accommodate any ships passing overhead. Ballpark, I'd say they'd probably want to submerge the city somewhere that's at least 1,000 feet deep.

My bet is on Jason. Though I've heard in spite of appearances to the contrary, Joe is quite the big eater.
                *snickers* Kinda like that Japanese guy who won the Nathan's hot dog eating contest something like five or six years in a row.

Comment

It was Suspicion. And yeah, they were pretty annoyed with her, thinking she was taking the Earth people's side over her own people and all that. Given all the things that have happened to the Athosians since they met up with the expedition (losing Athos, the trust issues from Suspicion, being targeted by Michael), I can see a lot of simmering resentment from them about her actions.

Hmm, that's a good question on the ocean depth. It'd have to be deep enough to cover the 70-story central tower and still have plenty of water above to accommodate any ships passing overhead. Ballpark, I'd say they'd probably want to submerge the city somewhere that's at least 1,000 feet deep.

*snickers* Kinda like that Japanese guy who won the Nathan's hot dog eating contest something like five or six years in a row.
                  I doubt it's that deep where they are. I'm betting they'd have to go a bit further out. And wasn't that Japanese hot dog eater a woman? I know there's a competitive eater who's a tiny lady.
                  sigpic

Comment

I doubt it's that deep where they are. I'm betting they'd have to go a bit further out. And wasn't that Japanese hot dog eater a woman? I know there's a competitive eater who's a tiny lady.
                    Yeah, they'd definitely have to have Atlantis towed further out to sea. I can just hear John whistling the theme to "Gilligan's Island" now... *snorts*

As far as I know, the only winners of the Nathan's contest have been men, though they have had female competitors come in as high as second place. Is that who you're thinking of?

Comment

I really like the plan for episode 3, Eri!

The only thing I'm wondering about is how the new twist in Teyla and the Athosians' relationship is going to affect my First Year ep. I like the new resentment, but the original plan for the story included some happy family time and story swapping (pretty relaxed, close knit, etc.). So I'm wondering if there's a way to have cake and eat it too. Of course, I could just move all that to the end after everything is resolved if I had to. All though it would have been nice to end it with the ceremony and maybe Teyla singing a song...
                      sigpic
                      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        I really like the plan for episode 3, Eri!

The only thing I'm wondering about is how the new twist in Teyla and the Athosians' relationship is going to affect my First Year ep. I like the new resentment, but the original plan for the story included some happy family time and story swapping (pretty relaxed, close knit, etc.). So I'm wondering if there's a way to have cake and eat it too. Of course, I could just move all that to the end after everything is resolved if I had to. All though it would have been nice to end it with the ceremony and maybe Teyla singing a song...
                        Gah, that's a good point. *headdesk* Hmm... perhaps Teyla and the rest of the Athosians try to keep the argument toned down, for the sake of being good hosts to their guests from Atlantis? Keeping up appearances, and all that. The lingering tension would certainly add a new dimension to the insistence on following the traditions of the ceremony (like the ban on all weapons) to the letter...

Comment

A long time ago I inherited an acoustic guitar (from an uncle who died in a car accident). Never really did anything with it until last year on a whim I took it to a music shop to get new strings. I've always wanted to be able to play it (my mother used to play the guitar and my father was a DJ in his younger days) but never really got the time to actually learn or do.
                          I play the guitar, too, and Probie is also learning! I've also taught myself, but I'm not very good, although I've played for ten years now, because I just learned it to accompany my singing. I only have an acoustic, but I've wanted an electrical ever since I found out that Mark Knopfler plays his without a pick!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Gah, that's a good point. *headdesk* Hmm... perhaps Teyla and the rest of the Athosians try to keep the argument toned down, for the sake of being good hosts to their guests from Atlantis? Keeping up appearances, and all that. The lingering tension would certainly add a new dimension to the insistence on following the traditions of the ceremony (like the ban on all weapons) to the letter...
                            Maybe there's this one group among Athosians that still feels resentment, while others, possibly led by Halling want to sort things out and keep up the good impression. I think all of it fits nicely and can be worked into the story - there is a group of people who insist on following the tradition, Teyla feeling slightly exasperated, Kanaan being supportive of her, John and everyone else deciding to help sort out the issue by respecting the traditions? And then they have to really work together in order to solve their new problem.
                            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

With all us guitar players we'll have to jam sometime... (unleashes evil plot bunny) Lizzie and Shep doing a song together?
                              Oooh, A sparky jam session Awesome idea!!
                              *picks up guitar to practice some more*

We can start a band. The Atlantis cast & crew rockband or something...
                              Maybe we could just name the band Atlantis Rising

As has been said: if they want to submerge it, they'd need a pretty solid energy source.
                              The idea I used in a fic was that they borrow a ZPM from one of the ships to move Atlantis to a barely used patch of ocean close to Antarctica. Then they give the ZPM back and keep the city cloaked with the "normal" power source instead of the ZPM.

Sig by me

Comment

Yeah, they'd definitely have to have Atlantis towed further out to sea. I can just hear John whistling the theme to "Gilligan's Island" now... *snorts*

As far as I know, the only winners of the Nathan's contest have been men, though they have had female competitors come in as high as second place. Is that who you're thinking of?
                                I was thinking about Sonya Thomas. She's local so we hear a lot about her.

How long is this going to go on? Maybe by this time things have settled down a bit. But it would fit with the weapons thing.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Maybe there's this one group among Athosians that still feels resentment, while others, possibly led by Halling want to sort things out and keep up the good impression. I think all of it fits nicely and can be worked into the story - there is a group of people who insist on following the tradition, Teyla feeling slightly exasperated, Kanaan being supportive of her, John and everyone else deciding to help sort out the issue by respecting the traditions? And then they have to really work together in order to solve their new problem.
                                Sounds like a real family. No weapons at the family reunion. LOL I can see the Atlantians not knowing exactly how to act. Diplomacy would be utmost. And maybe a little comic relief with Rodney stepping in it resulting in a Gibbs slap from John.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X