Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    This works for me and I wonder also how we'll work Torri in. Since she's in the artwork for both the comm and the website, it will be hard to not include her from the start in the credits.

And yeah, anyone with any ideas just tell me and Eri. I'll make a stickie for projects in progress. *g*

I'm about half way through my homework. Boy that's hard and longer than I thought it would be so it was definitely a good idea.
    Yes, that's what I wanted, so people could understand that the writing part is going to be work--but well worth it.

I would agree to that as long as it won't involve hurt feelings. We have to be professional so it shouldn't.
    I agree--but perhaps we should limit this to samples, then, rather than a full opening credit. I certainly don't want my friend, who typically does these types of projects for a lot of money, to spend time working on these to have them 'voted off', so to speak. She'd be using professional level equipment, including possibly a 3-D engines, to do them, and it takes a lot of time to render stuff out. Doing a sample credit (like maybe one name) would save people the trouble of spending lots of time for something that isn't going to be accepted.

I also want to go ahead and not forget to reach out to non-members for artwork, too--particularly stuff that may gloss up the story pages of the website with illustrations as to scenes, etc. We wanted to get more general involvement in our stories too, I think.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I agree--but perhaps we should limit this to samples, then, rather than a full opening credit. I certainly don't want my friend, who typically does these types of projects for a lot of money, to spend time working on these to have them 'voted off', so to speak. She'd be using professional level equipment, including possibly a 3-D engines, to do them, and it takes a lot of time to render stuff out. Doing a sample credit (like maybe one name) would save people the trouble of spending lots of time for something that isn't going to be accepted.
      Ugh, see, I really should stop reading the forum when I'm at work... I understood your original question/remark wrong
      I thought you were asking for people to do it... *headdesk*
      If your friend's a pro and has the really cool equipment for the job and actually gets payed to do stuff like that, I'm quite sure her intro will do just fine... more than fine I'm sure
      So I actually don't see the point in holding the competition as I'm sure she'll do an awesome job!

Sig by me

Comment

I also want to go ahead and not forget to reach out to non-members for artwork, too--particularly stuff that may gloss up the story pages of the website with illustrations as to scenes, etc. We wanted to get more general involvement in our stories too, I think.
        I agree. A Sparky friend of mine really wants to do some artwork (she's actually working on a poster as we speak ), but she's not on this thread. But she is insanely talented with Photoshop.
        Some of you here might know her from LJ. On there she's Torrealis and she made posters in the past that made the actors gawk

Sig by me

Comment

Yes, that's what I wanted, so people could understand that the writing part is going to be work--but well worth it.

ITA on all points. We need to start some sort of outreach. Maybe our members who frequent other threads can help.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Ugh, see, I really should stop reading the forum when I'm at work... I understood your original question/remark wrong
          I thought you were asking for people to do it... *headdesk*
          If your friend's a pro and has the really cool equipment for the job and actually gets payed to do stuff like that, I'm quite sure her intro will do just fine... more than fine I'm sure
          So I actually don't see the point in holding the competition as I'm sure she'll do an awesome job!
          Okay, problem solved. So Eri's friend can go for it.

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          I agree. A Sparky friend of mine really wants to do some artwork (she's actually working on a poster as we speak ), but she's not on this thread. But she is insanely talented with Photoshop.
          Some of you here might know her from LJ. On there she's Torrealis and she made posters in the past that made the actors gawk
          Oh my yes, tell her to join the comm or at least read it and feel free to do any art she has inspiration for. And also spread the word to others.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's official. My mom really wants to be adopt but NOW!!!lol
            I watched Tennis and now my dad is watchinh football (Portugal/Cameroun). Help her.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              It's official. My mom really wants to be adopt but NOW!!!lol
              I watched Tennis and now my dad is watchinh football (Portugal/Cameroun). Help her.lol
              I'll do it. Even if she only speaks Porench and can't help with my homework.
              Bon soir, mère adoptive!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                Bon soir, mère adoptive!
                Do you hear the bell? She's behind your door.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                  Bon soir, mère adoptive!
                  I love Porench. Over here we have Spanglish. LOL Que pasa, dudes?
                  sigpic

Comment

I love Porench. Over here we have Spanglish. LOL Que pasa, dudes?
                    Pasa que mi padre está emocionando en portugues y mi madre quiere matar a mi padre.....or something like this.
                    She's surrounded. I'm yelling in french and my dad in portuguese. We are violent when we watch sport.lol
                    The worst thing, we yell but we are winning.lol
                    sigpic

Comment

Pasa que mi padre está emocionando en portugues y mi madre quiere matar a mi padre.....or something like this.
                      She's surrounded. I'm yelling in french and my dad in portuguese. We are violent when we watch sport.lol
                      The worst thing, we yell but we are winning.lol
                      Uds. estan in la mejor parte para esto. Todos aqui gritan cuado ver los deportes. Especialamente con el futbol de la universidad. Es normal, si?

I totally yell when my teams are winning.

Comment

Uds. estan in la mejor parte para esto. Todos aqui gritan cuado ver los deportes. Especialamente con el futbol de la universidad. Es normal, si?

Claro que si. Es normal pero es mucho para mi madre porque yo estaba viendo el tenis por la tarde. Fue un buen partido y tengo una pasión por esto. Ahora es el futbol. Nos gustan los deportes mis hermanas, mi hermano y mi padre pero mi madre no gusta.

Wow....It's complicated to think in spanish. I'm not sure it's very spanish.lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Me too and sometimes Mr. SR yells the very bad word. I also have to wear my lucky t-shirt.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Hmm, good question. I forget the final decision on that too. So let's see it would be Shep, Weir, Teyla, Ronon, but then who comes next Woolsey, Beckett, Keller? And did we decide to keep the "and DH as Dr. Rodney McKay"? I remember having the discussion but forget the details.
                            I'll have to go dig up the pages where we were discussing it. But Eri's right, we never did completely work out the cast order. I do seem to recall that we were leaning towards not putting Torri back in the credits until Quietus, thus following the precedent set when the new Season 2 credits with Jason didn't come in until Duet (the episode after Ronon was introduced), and giving Torri 'special guest star' title cards for her cameo in Box of Dreams, and Weir's reintroduction in Primum Movens.

However, I would like to make a request if the forum is up for it--no more surprises. Let's make a running list of who is doing what from now on, and people ask permission, so we know who has volunteered to do something. That way we know what's coming and we don't have two people doing the same thing.

That being said, I'd like permission to design a poster for my 2-parter, Primum Movens.

I am also asking a talented video friend to put together opening credits if everyone is okay with that and since no one appears to have volunteered for that project.
                            I heartily agree with this. And in light of that, I'd also like to ask permission to do a soundtrack for What Dreams May Come. The cover art will probably also be turned into a poster.

I'm looking forward to seeing what your friend comes up with for the opening credits!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Me too and sometimes Mr. SR yells the very bad word. I also have to wear my lucky t-shirt.
                              We all do the same thing. My Portugal shirt is ready for the World Football Cup. I also have te flag.lol
                              And I'm writing and NEW GOAL!!!!!!!! 2.0 for Portugal. I won't scream or mom will beat me
                              sigpic

Comment

Claro que si. Es normal pero es mucho para mi madre porque yo estaba viendo el tenis por la tarde. Fue un buen partido y tengo una pasión por esto. Ahora es el futbol. Nos gustan los deportes mis hermanas, mi hermano y mi padre pero mi madre no gusta.

Wow....It's complicated to think in spanish. I'm not sure it's very spanish.lol
                                Pobre de su mama! Pues, tu madre adoptiva le gusta los deportes, so venga por aya. O aqui conmigo, porque me gusta el tenis mucho. Voy a jugar en la tarde.

I'm going to have to stop or I'll be thinking in spanish as I'm doing graphics.

Comment

Working...
                                X