Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    - I think it would be a good idea for all writers who want to do an episode on their own to see all episodes of SGA. If we're going to make claims that we're sticking to 'canon' with this and are unbiased, then we have to be serious about it. Nobody who has not seen everything through S5 will be able to capture character progression in canon style without either seeing or discussing what happened.

If you don't want to watch all of the seasons, that's fine, just grab a co-writer or a beta-er you trust who has and ask them questions. The less you've seen, the more you need to ask, because I can promise, coming off my own experience of finally finishing out SGA, that some stuff is a lot different than you might think.
    To anyone (and no one in particular) I've seen them all multiple times so if there's anything I can do to help out... just holla!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Oh man, does this mean I should pick something snappier than initials? Heehee!

As I understand it, the waters have been receding. So you probably just need hip-wader boots at this point.
      No, initials are fine.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Goodmorning Sparkies... I'm about to leave for the rest of the day, so the photos of the double panel will have to wait a bit longer.
        I'll see ya'll tonight!!

Sig by me

Comment

Hey all, it's been a while since I was last here. Man you've covered some ground, I don't think I could possibly catch up. S6 discussion continuing, seems like you're making progress. I can only be unhelpful with that I've been back a few times, but GW keeps going offline (bad timing).

So this is me popping in, and now popping out. I'll try to have something meaningful to say next time. There's always a first time for everything eh
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Hey all, it's been a while since I was last here. Man you've covered some ground, I don't think I could possibly catch up. S6 discussion continuing, seems like you're making progress. I can only be unhelpful with that I've been back a few times, but GW keeps going offline (bad timing).

So this is me popping in, and now popping out. I'll try to have something meaningful to say next time. There's always a first time for everything eh
            Everything you say is meaningful. And you always make us laugh with your captions. We have been very busy this week squeeing over Joe liking our ideas for SS6. In case anybody missed it, Joe is glad we're bringing Elizabeth back.
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I read that over on LJ. Seemed like he thought we (okay, you) were writing it to get it filmed, rather than writing it as a new challenge. His reaction to putting Weir on his team temporarily amused me. Actually, when I first heard about SGA (on SG1 special features, BW was talking about it) that is what I imagined Weir would be doing. Guess you're going back to basics

Joe is a nice guy. I guess he and David can say what they want, from what I understand, MGM is in the financial toilet at the moment, so there won't be any repercussions

Oh, caps, I should do some more of them. I have some ideas, but may have to edit them for GW
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Goodmorning Sparkies... I'm about to leave for the rest of the day, so the photos of the double panel will have to wait a bit longer.
                I'll see ya'll tonight!!
                Hee! See you later! *hugs Kris*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Everything you say is meaningful. And you always make us laugh with your captions. We have been very busy this week squeeing over Joe liking our ideas for SS6. In case anybody missed it, Joe is glad we're bringing Elizabeth back.
                And Torri is glad we're bringing Elizabeth back, too!

Yeah, I read that over on LJ. Seemed like he thought we (okay, you) were writing it to get it filmed, rather than writing it as a new challenge. His reaction to putting Weir on his team temporarily amused me. Actually, when I first heard about SGA (on SG1 special features, BW was talking about it) that is what I imagined Weir would be doing. Guess you're going back to basics
                Hee! I would guess Joe realizes we're kind of joking about the filming part, just like he jokes around with the fans. Though when drew, bigdamnxenafan and I met Torri, we did mention that we were going to try to print out the stories and get them bound into books to give to the cast...

And I guess it just goes to show how far Atlantis went off the rails at the end that a fan project is doing a better job at addressing the story ideas from the beginning of the series than the actual producers did.

Joe is a nice guy. I guess he and David can say what they want, from what I understand, MGM is in the financial toilet at the moment, so there won't be any repercussions
                Heck, they've dismantled the Atlantis sets and are selling costumes and set pieces on eBay. Unless a miracle happens, I'd say the movie's dead. At least, it's dead as a movie. They could always publish the script as a novel, I suppose. Mallozzi's even hinted at that...

Oh, caps, I should do some more of them. I have some ideas, but may have to edit them for GW
                Hah! We always enjoy your caps. The snarkier, the better!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It's sad to hear they're dismantling the sets... That's never a good sign..
                  http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Hee! See you later! *hugs Kris*

And Torri is glad we're bringing Elizabeth back, too!

Hee! I would guess Joe realizes we're kind of joking about the filming part, just like he jokes around with the fans. Though when drew, bigdamnxenafan and I met Torri, we did mention that we were going to try to print out the stories and get them bound into books to give to the cast...

And I guess it just goes to show how far Atlantis went off the rails at the end that a fan project is doing a better job at addressing the story ideas from the beginning of the series than the actual producers did.
                    And that the cast likes the fan project better than the actual scripts. LOL

Heck, they've dismantled the Atlantis sets and are selling costumes and set pieces on eBay. Unless a miracle happens, I'd say the movie's dead. At least, it's dead as a movie. They could always publish the script as a novel, I suppose. Mallozzi's even hinted at that...

Hah! We always enjoy your caps. The snarkier, the better!
                    I wish they would publish the script for Extinction. It's got to be better than some rumors I've heard about the new books.

Originally posted by Captain Lazlo View Post
                    It's sad to hear they're dismantling the sets... That's never a good sign..
                    Hey new person. Welcome. We need more people from Australia. David Hewlett actually suggested that all the people buying parts of the sets in the auction could put them back together and they could film a movie. Works for me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Am I late for voting for the name Maelle > now Mayel???
                      As much as I don't like Sheppard putting his hands on a woman that is not Elizabeth, I'm accepting it for the season to be better, but I have a little request: is it possible at least to get John say to Mayel, talking about his past, that there was once a woman/friend he cared so much about, but she got lost/dead? There's no need he says the name Elizabeth, just slightly hint at it.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                        Am I late for voting for the name Maelle > now Mayel???
                        As much as I don't like Sheppard putting his hands on a woman that is not Elizabeth, I'm accepting it for the season to be better, but I have a little request: is it possible at least to get John say to Mayel, talking about his past, that there was once a woman/friend he cared so much about, but she got lost/dead? There's no need he says the name Elizabeth, just slightly hint at it.
                        I don't see why not. When Eri gets back next week we'll add that to the comments. You may need to remind us again. In fact I can see the possibility of Mayel being reluctant to commit to John fully because she knows he is still grieving. Maybe she can sense that she would never have his whole heart. I don't think in any way will we imply that she is the love of his life. But she will help him realize how much he cared/cares for Elizabeth.

So now I have to tell Joe that as per his request we're giving John a girlfriend. He just doesn't get to keep her.

Vote so far:

Carys
                        Arine--1
                        Mayel--5/1
                        sigpic

Comment

Voting for Mayel, in case I didn't already.

I think we could do a tasteful hint that there was someone significant in John's life. We don't mention a name and we don't necessarily say this was even a romantic interest of his - the way I see it, Elizabeth's influence on him was all - encompasing and profound and it wasn't just about love, or romance (which is a segment of love), their bond was/is bigger. It's mutual respect, shared leadership and responsibilities, friendship, trust, and yes, love - it's everything. It's a true partnership (that's how I see John and Elizabeth). After her, any other woman can only come as second best. I wonder if we should allow Mayel (or however we name her) feel that, maybe not consiously, but implicitly. (and once Elizabeth is back, Mayel will realize she can't possibly compete with her. nobody can. *g* )
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                            Voting for Mayel, in case I didn't already.

I think we could do a tasteful hint that there was someone significant in John's life. We don't mention a name and we don't necessarily say this was even a romantic interest of his - the way I see it, Elizabeth's influence on him was all - encompasing and profound and it wasn't just about love, or romance (which is a segment of love), their bond was/is bigger. It's mutual respect, shared leadership and responsibilities, friendship, trust, and yes, love - it's everything. It's a true partnership (that's how I see John and Elizabeth). After her, any other woman can only come as second best. I wonder if we should allow Mayel (or however we name her) feel that, maybe not consiously, but implicitly. (and once Elizabeth is back, Mayel will realize she can't possibly compete with her. nobody can. *g* )
                            Vote recorded.I agree with this assessment of Mayel. She's a smart lady so it won't be hard for her to figure out, even before John does, that she's not the only one in his heart. Just to play devil's advocate though, I wonder if we are heading dangerously toward Kanaan territory with her? We don't want to be hypocrites here. We have to make it clear that this is not some great love affair but that in the normal course of events in a man's life he will go looking for female companionship. She's nice and lovely and smart and he thinks she might possibly fulfill his needs but ultimately she turns out to be yet another loss for him. Oh John!
                            sigpic

Comment

Vote recorded.I agree with this assessment of Mayel. She's a smart lady so it won't be hard for her to figure out, even before John does, that she's not the only one in his heart. Just to play devil's advocate though, I wonder if we are heading dangerously toward Kanaan territory with her? We don't want to be hypocrites here. We have to make it clear that this is not some great love affair but that in the normal course of events in a man's life he will go looking for female companionship. She's nice and lovely and smart and he thinks she might possibly fulfill his needs but ultimately she turns out to be yet another loss for him. Oh John!
                              Hm. I don't think this is exactly the same thing as Kanaan territory. She is a new person in John's life and perhaps it's not John's biggest occupation, to seek out someone to fill that emptiness in his heart? But this lady crosses his path and perhaps can make him laugh? It's not the love story of his life, but it's something. It makes him feel better. Then he looses her too (argh, what are we doing to him? It's unfair). And then Elizabeth is back and his heart is raw and hurt and cracked open. Seeing how he reacts to all this is going to be interesting.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

And that the cast likes the fan project better than the actual scripts. LOL

Hey new person. Welcome. We need more people from Australia. David Hewlett actually suggested that all the people buying parts of the sets in the auction could put them back together and they could film a movie. Works for me.
                                Lol, they really do like our (your) ideas better

And I LOVE David's idea about the set
                                Now that would be real fan co-operation

I agree with this assessment of Mayel. She's a smart lady so it won't be hard for her to figure out, even before John does, that she's not the only one in his heart. Just to play devil's advocate though, I wonder if we are heading dangerously toward Kanaan territory with her? We don't want to be hypocrites here. We have to make it clear that this is not some great love affair but that in the normal course of events in a man's life he will go looking for female companionship. She's nice and lovely and smart and he thinks she might possibly fulfill his needs but ultimately she turns out to be yet another loss for him. Oh John!
                                No, I don't think we're taking the Kanaan tour with Mayel. We actually have a backstory for her, she just doesn't appear out of nowhere like Kanaan did. We can see her relationship with John growing and it makes sense in a way. Kanaan and Teyla just appeared out of thin air without a backstory and without making sense.

I'm wading through my pictures of the double Q&A and I'm hoping to be able to post some soon.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X