Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*hugs Probie* I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing well! *more hugs*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Just a quick hello.

I like Maëlle. It remembers me the name of Gaëlle, one of my friends.

OT
      Spoiler:
      My aunt had her heart surgery this morning. She woke up this afternoon.
      Spoiler:
      I hope that everything goes well with her recovery--how are the doctors thinking of her prognosis?
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        That's great! Can't wait for more!

I like it, though perhaps we can spell it differently to be closer to the true pronunciation without umlauts? It would make writing it easier.

I looked up a couple more that I was trying to keep in sync with the Genii feel and came up with:

Raine
        Jolan
        Malak
        Kieran
        Nerys
        Tristan
        Calen
        Iselle

One that I really, really like is Carys. I can hear John/Joe saying that. For some reason, I'm having a hard time imagining John saying many of our choices intimately, which he's going to have to do in quiet moments. I'm trying to imagine scenes where he goes 'Malak...' in a whisper and it just doesn't sound right. But Carys works for me, it sounds both strong enough for her to be a leader and yet gentle or soft enough for intimacy...

I think Mahel would work that way too...
        Carys doesn't work for me because I hear John saying "Carith". We got way off track with all the names earlier so let's limit it to just a few. We have I believe 4 votes for Maelle, which I think is fine without the umlaut. The alternate spelling I saw was Mael but that might come out as Mal or Mail in people's heads so why not just go with Maelle? I can see John teasingly calling her "Ellie".

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Kris, the Christmas fic is looking good! A necklace that looks kind of like the control tower? John, you are such a sentimental romantic! Squee!

Yay, storms! They did give some nice fuel to the Sparky fire, after all!

It looks nice enough written out, though I agree with Eri that we should try to spell it without the umlauts. Although, if SR is right about the pronunciation being 'mah-el,' I keep getting this image of John calling her "Mah," which leads to images of him saying "Mom," which sounds very similar, and it just doesn't work so well for me.

Eri's suggestion of Carys sounds good, and there was also Arine, which we were considering earlier.
        I suggest we start a vote on Carys, Arine and Maelle. Any objections?

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        A question - guys, are you getting GW notifications (if you're subscribedto this thread)? Yahoo mail isn't fowarding them to at the moemnt, and Im having similar issues with LJ as well. One of my flisters said sher isn't getting notifications from LJ either... I wonder what's up and where the fault lies - GW, Yahoo or LJ? I do get regular e mails on my Yahoo....
        I don't have GW notifications turned on either but come to think of it haven't gotten any LJ notifications since yesterday and I get those on Gmail.

Just a quick hello.

I like Maëlle. It remembers me the name of Gaëlle, one of my friends.

OT
        Spoiler:
        Best wishes to your aunt.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*hugs Probie* I'm glad to hear your aunt is doing well! *more hugs*
          Thank you!

Spoiler:
          I hope that everything goes well with her recovery--how are the doctors thinking of her prognosis?
          The doc said she will be fine. The worst part is behind her. He said she has to be in hospital during 6 days. They will keep an eye on her and after that she will go to a special house during 3 weeks. My aunt gave us a big smile this afternoon and my dad said many stupid jokes. She's happy to have new heart.lol
          Now I'm with my uncle.

Thanks SR
          Last edited by Probie; 07 May 2010, 09:28 AM.
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

OT
            Spoiler:
            Glad to hear she's doing better.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Carys doesn't work for me because I hear John saying "Carith". We got way off track with all the names earlier so let's limit it to just a few. We have I believe 4 votes for Maelle, which I think is fine without the umlaut. The alternate spelling I saw was Mael but that might come out as Mal or Mail in people's heads so why not just go with Maelle? I can see John teasingly calling her "Ellie".
            I totally love the fact that he'd teasingly call her Ellie and that she'd give him a playful offended look every time
            That'd be so like him

Sig by me

Comment

*huggles Probie* I'm glad to hear your aunt's prognosis is excellent and that she's in good spirits after the surgery.

He would so do that.

I suggest we start a vote on Carys, Arine and Maelle. Any objections?
              My #1 vote goes to Arine, but I'll agree to Maelle as long as it's not pronounced Mah-el; like I said before, it makes it sound like he's calling her "Mom," which is just wrong. So I'd like to suggest May-el or Mai-el as alternate pronunciations.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

*huggles Probie* I'm glad to hear your aunt's prognosis is excellent and that she's in good spirits after the surgery.

He would so do that.

My #1 vote goes to Arine, but I'll agree to Maelle as long as it's not pronounced Mah-el; like I said before, it makes it sound like he's calling her "Mom," which is just wrong. So I'd like to suggest May-el or Mai-el as alternate pronunciations.
                That works for me. We can go with May-el. As long as John doesn't turn it around and say Ellie May. LOL

Okay, let's start the official vote. If you've already stated your preference, you need to vote again. I vote for Maelle. The number after the / is for second choice.

Carys
                Aline--1
                Maelle-1/1
                sigpic

Comment

He would so do that.

That works for me. We can go with May-el. As long as John doesn't turn it around and say Ellie May. LOL

Okay, let's start the official vote. If you've already stated your preference, you need to vote again. I vote for Maelle. The number after the / is for second choice.

Carys
                  Aline--1
                  Maelle-1/1
                  My only concern with this is how it's written. If you want it pronounced May-el or Mah-el, since we're writing it, we need it to be clear.

Mayel would be read "may-el" or "my-el", either of which is fine with me.
                  Mahel would be Mah-el

So can we make it Mayel? That looks a little more genii in spelling, too...

Comment

I have to admit I'm only skimming through here but had to giggle at the Ellie thing because the little girl I nanny is named Elizabeth and her parents call her Ellie....

which might be kind of a neat twist in all of this.....
                    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                    sigpic

Comment

Or tries to pull a "My Elle" kind of pun.

Carys
                      Aline--1
                      Maelle-1/1
                      You meant Arine, right?

My only concern with this is how it's written. If you want it pronounced May-el or Mah-el, since we're writing it, we need it to be clear.

Mahel would be Mah-el

Spelling it "Mayel" works fine for me.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                      I have to admit I'm only skimming through here but had to giggle at the Ellie thing because the little girl I nanny is named Elizabeth and her parents call her Ellie....

which might be kind of a neat twist in all of this.....
                      Like what, John and Mayel finally take their relationship to bed, and John mumbles a name in his sleep; she thinks it's her name, but later she realizes he was saying "Elizabeth?" That's cruel. And I like it.

Comment

Or tries to pull a "My Elle" kind of pun.

You meant Arine, right?

Spelling it "Mayel" works fine for me.

Like what, John and Mayel finally take their relationship to bed, and John mumbles a name in his sleep; she thinks it's her name, but later she realizes he was saying "Elizabeth?" That's cruel. And I like it.
                        You know what's funny? Though I don't think we'll show anything more intimate than the kiss, if we do this correct we may be able to have people writing fanfiction about Mayel if they like her. Kinda like fanfic off fanfic.

That would be weird

Comment

Mahel would be Mah-el

Works for me. I'll change it to Mayel. So does that name have your vote?

You know what's funny? Though I don't think we'll show anything more intimate than the kiss, if we do this correct we may be able to have people writing fanfiction about Mayel if they like her. Kinda like fanfic off fanfic.

That would be weird
                          Yep, a kiss is enough. But if she's a good character, people will like her.
                          sigpic

Comment

Works for me. I'll change it to Mayel. So does that name have your vote?

Yep, she's got my vote.

Comment

That would be weird
                              Weird, but in a cool way.

And we definitely hope people like her.

Comment

Just in time for Pretty Day, there's a new Sparky AU fic for your reading pleasure!

Shifting Sands, by joyfulfeather.
                                Summary: When caravan master John Sheppard meets Lady Elizabeth Weir, Governor of Atlantis, his life gets a whole lot more interesting. Between sandstorms and bandits, his life was already pretty interesting, but he doesn't really mind the addition.

Happy Sparky reading!

Comment

Working...
                                X