No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, random question re picspam before I go to sleep: the picture of John in the empty office (& the one I've seen in vids where John sits in Lizzie's chair) - what ep is that from?? I've seen every ep, but don't remember them. Are they only included in some dvds, and not others? I'd remember something like that. I assume both are from Lifeline, its the logical ep to put it in
    sigpic

Comment

I wuv you too. *hugs*

*LOL* at the commentary.

I don't have a problem with WDMC as for either--but it would be neat to see it put on SK's episode, because we'll get hallucinations and mental breaks in that one and that reminds me more of a 'dreamlike' state, which we won't see in the lockdown episode. In that episode, it's all about the people trying to figure out why the city is doing what it's doing and eventually realizing that Elizabeth is causing it all. But we won't see what's going on in her head.

However, I have no objection either. I like both titles, and it's all about the Shakespeare!

As for the nanites--that's a good question to ask. I'm not a fan of dragggggggggggginnnnnnnnnngggggggg out plot points just because. With the lockdown eppy, I was thinking the actual threat of the nanites would be ended with most of her nanites being gone. Only those one essential to her life would be kept, and I think SK explained that in her story, it's their adjusting and fixing themselves into more compatible versions that eventually screws with her mind in HOM, not them trying to retake her over.

I don't think you can make the argument the IOA would let her stay if there was any chance her nanites might become dangerous. So when do we end the replicator threat? I don't mind the nanites having altered her system to do stuff like operate Ancient tech, but I'd rather not have Elizabeth have weird superpowers like hooking herself up to the database and driving Atlantis around with her mind or something. That reminds me of Teyla's 'Wraith DNA' thing where it only popped up when she needed to drive ships.

IMO, I think the replicators-in-Elizabeth needs to be done because it feels like beating a dead horse. Like we could pull them up to do anything we needed them to as a quick-fix if we get stuck on something, and I sorta dislike that kind of storytelling. If we decide to resurrect replicators at any point (slightly ad nauseum), perhaps we could bring it back up then as not a completely gone threat (like she could be hijacked), but should we keep them before that as handy plot elements?
      Last edited by Eri13; 15 April 2010, 05:57 AM.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Gateraid, that scene is from Adrift when John is waiting for word on her and Rodney comes up to him and asks him if he's heard anything. I don't remember him sitting in her chair but I'd love to see it.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

WHAT? HE SAT IN HER CHAIR? WHERE/WHEN THE HECK IS THAT SCENE?

That scene in "Adrift" SR mentions is very quick. It's Rodney walking up to her office, speaking with John, and they both walk out. Rodney first asks how she is then quickly gets down to business. He treats John with kid gloves, though, and John's obviously been asking and getting updates on Elizabeth because he knows her status. Here's the dialogue:

ELIZABETH'S OFFICE. John is standing just inside the door, looking into the room. Rodney walks in and joins him.

McKAY: Any word on how she's doing?
          SHEPPARD: She's still in the O.R. No real news yet.
          McKAY: Right. Listen, I think we should collapse the shield right to the tower.
          SHEPPARD: That'll leave us completely exposed to space.
          McKAY: Yes, it will, but our power is spread so thin right now, I don't have any extra juice to come up with the solutions to the hundred or so problems that could lead us to our premature demise today.

Comment

Eri13, I believe nanites doesn't mean BAD at all cost.
            Real technology is researching to cure cancer with nanotechnology.
            I remember that in Andromeda SciFi series the Beka Valentine characters had some nanobots who allowed her to change hair colour and other things with just a shrug
            I think that Rodney, with proper researching and programming could remove part of the non essential nanites from Elizabeth and leave the rest (the ones in her brain, for example) inside her without danger.
            He might even discover that proper programming and removal of any replicating power from nanites can cure illness or reconstruct extensive body damages

Comment

All of that has been acknowledged--the nanites in Elizabeth's body from TRW were rendered inert and not a danger until Rodney reactivated them in Adrift; nanites were being developed for medical research and curing purposes in S4's "Miller's Crossing" and to an extent in "Outcast". Jeannie Miller has nanites in her, too, which are inert.

I'm more concerned about Elizabeth's nanites-as-Asuran-replicators causing trouble than nanites in general. One of the gripes of SGA fans was how often the replicators kept coming back. Like 'need a new threat? let's resurrect the replicators AGAIN!'. Not that I minded too much because we got Elizabeth back through one of those, but I just personally want to kind of end the Asuran-replicators-screwing-with-Elizabeth thing.

But that's why I'm asking--I want to hear what others think, too, because some people bring up storylines or angles that are interesting new spins.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

What, no reply to quote function? Boooo! And has anyone else noticed how when you're in the main forum index, the SGA Characters & Relationships shows no threads and no posts? WTF is up with that?

But yay for fluffy pics! Thanks, Lana!

So, gateraid wants to know what the guys in the control room think about John always parking his ass on Lizzie's desk... Hey, it's just more fodder for the Atlantis betting pool. And I'm with Eri: When the hell did John actually sit in Lizzie's chair?!?

As to the Great Title Debate, if it turns out that WDMC gets the winning vote, then I'm gonna find some way to slip that line into HoM anyway. It really is too fitting for the story to not touch on the themes it discusses. Hmm, maybe I could have Elizabeth randomly gibbering parts of the 'to be or not to be' speech while she's losing her mind... MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm with Eri on the issue of ending the Replicator part of the story with Lockdown/Quietus/WDMC/whatever we end up calling it. It's gone too long, and it's time to get it wrapped up so we can move on to the human drama of Elizabeth's recovery. I do think the nanites that remain in Elizabeth ought to be of the organic-only type, so they only work for her and thus an outside force can't use them to screw with her in the future. They could continue to be a plot element as far as the changes they've wrought in her (her new ability to work with ATA-dependent technology, for example). What other changes might she have? Enhanced senses, like hearing, or sight? Not into the realm of superhuman (so no x-ray vision or hearing things on the other side of the planet), just that they've been pushed to the upper limit of normal human capability.

As for the Asuran database, the way I see it, the Asuran database is derived from the Ancient database that Atlantis has (makes sense, since the Asurans were created by the Ancients), but the information found in the two databases diverged after the Ancients tried to destroy the Asurans and later fled Pegasus entirely. Maybe what Elizabeth knows of the Asuran database is simply various bits of information that she might have picked up while she was connected to the Collective back in Lifeline, as well as things that FRANibeth and the other duplicates knew that will come as part of the memories that Elizabeth is given. So, not everything, but certainly unique information that may be useful in the future (like Season 7 ).
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I like the idea of Elizabeth having memories, etc pre-lockdown eppy--that would be really cool. Memories of things could be fun to play with. Knowledge that needs to be tapped into, or flashes up at random points would be neat.

I just don't want to end up with a scene like:

Rodney: Oh no! The conduits powering the Control Chair have been slashed! Now we have no way to steer Atlantis!

John: Now what the h*ll are we going to do!

Elizabeth: Don't worry! My nanites let me connect to the database! I can steer the city with my awesome nanite mind meld! *holds out hands in middle of gateroom dais, takes a breath, closes her eyes, and all of the sudden is flying under her command*

Rodney: Well, that's new.

John: WTF? Who wrote this idea?

SS6 writers: Too much?

Comment

*reads Eri's Super!Lizzie scene and dies laughing*

Oh hell no, we're not going that far! LMAO!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ahhhh. There is always a problem with this forum. 10min to go here. I can't quote. ahhhhhhhhhh

First: Hi!

About your question Gateraid. The only time I saw John on Elizabeth's chair is was not in an episode. It was Joe for a behind the scene. This vid at the end. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10...-atlantis_news
                      But I don't remember SGA episodes so I can't say if he puts his beautiful ass on her chair. I'm sure I would know.lol
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Super!Lizzie??? OMG!!! :-O

Spoiler:

Comment

Little pic of Joe (young) and another one with the cast.
                          You have to go in the gallery section.

http://www.geraldgordon.com/
                          sigpic

Comment

*sneaks in sheepishly* sorry I've been MIA guys...
                            Eri gently prodded me to get my butt over here and vote on a title for the Lockdown ep...so here I am...*goes to wade through posts and make an educated decision*
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm so so sorry that I've been MIA and I promise I'll be here more....

I read the explanations and I vote for Quietus for the lockdown ep (and agree with whomever said that What Dreams May Come would be a better title for the House of Mirrors ep)
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

OT

Spoiler:
                                aahhhh. My godfather can't take his plane. Airports are closed because of the volcano in Iceland. I love him but I start to want to beat him.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X