Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Yes, I remember you being an SPN fan. That was my one crazy fangirl moment--I decided to add a trip to Fort Worth to see Jensen in a play as a part of a vacation in Texas I took. I didn't make the trip specifically for that, but I did add Ft. Worth to a leg of the trip solely for Jensen. It was great, but there were so many fangirls there I felt weird the whole time. I'm just not a con-goer type person. *sigh*

I still love SPN. Just not most of its diehard fans.

Yeah, Torri does about 3 a year or so. Just mostly overseas. She loves Europe. *LOL* Which is bad for stateside people. Drew is lucky; she's getting to see her in the upcoming one Shoreleave.
    lucky and a bundle of nerves....

Anyone have anything they want me to ask when I'm there? We should maybe start a list....(provided I'm actually able to form sentences at that point, that is...)
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Yes, I remember you being an SPN fan. That was my one crazy fangirl moment--I decided to add a trip to Fort Worth to see Jensen in a play as a part of a vacation in Texas I took. I didn't make the trip specifically for that, but I did add Ft. Worth to a leg of the trip solely for Jensen. It was great, but there were so many fangirls there I felt weird the whole time. I'm just not a con-goer type person. *sigh*

I still love SPN. Just not most of its diehard fans.

Yeah, Torri does about 3 a year or so. Just mostly overseas. She loves Europe. *LOL* Which is bad for stateside people. Drew is lucky; she's getting to see her in the upcoming one Shoreleave.
      Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      lucky and a bundle of nerves....

Anyone have anything they want me to ask when I'm there? We should maybe start a list....(provided I'm actually able to form sentences at that point, that is...)
      Shoreleave is only a couple of hours from me but I have a friend coming at that time. If Joe would go, I'd make her go with me.

I don't see much point in asking her Sparky questions since her opinion one way or another wouldn't make any difference. I'd ask her what she regrets most about how her character turned out or maybe what would she have liked most to see Elizabeth do. And tell her about SS6 and that technically it was Joe's idea when he told SK in Burbank that he was on board if we could come up with the $100mil. LOL See if she'll sign on too. Slip her a note with the url for our LJ comm.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Shoreleave is only a couple of hours from me but I have a friend coming at that time. If Joe would go, I'd make her go with me.

I don't see much point in asking her Sparky questions since her opinion one way or another wouldn't make any difference. I'd ask her what she regrets most about how her character turned out or maybe what would she have liked most to see Elizabeth do. And tell her about SS6 and that technically it was Joe's idea when he told SK in Burbank that he was on board if we could come up with the $100mil. LOL See if she'll sign on too. Slip her a note with the url for our LJ comm.
        oooh I could do that. and yeah, I wasn't planning on asking any questions about Sparky anyway, since it's unlikely to get a "real" answer from anyone anyway. but, if I can find a way to not feel like a total goobery fangirl I could tell her about SS6 and slipping her the url is kinda a cool idea...

provided I can do more than squeak, that is...
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          oooh I could do that. and yeah, I wasn't planning on asking any questions about Sparky anyway, since it's unlikely to get a "real" answer from anyone anyway. but, if I can find a way to not feel like a total goobery fangirl I could tell her about SS6 and slipping her the url is kinda a cool idea...

provided I can do more than squeak, that is...
          I agree about the Sparky questions--no need really (plus I think they've all got standard answers for ship nowadays. ;P). I'd like to know how she'd like to see Elizabeth come back if that was a possibility and what she'd like her to do following her rescue (back to head of the expedition, diplomat, etc).

I'd also like to know if we will see her on TV anytime soon. Let her know she's got followers who will support her whatever she does, but we do like seeing her in primetime!!!
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

If you hear "BOOM",it's the sound of my head exploding. I have a horrible headache. Strange day at work today. Is it the full moon or just a day to show me how French can be jerks?

For your conversation, I would like to see Joe and Torri doing a convention together. Just to see the "magic thing" again. I'm not saying it because I want them together in the real life. You understand me.
            I'm glad Torri loves Europe. It's funny because American conventions seem to be less popular (popular is not the word that I want to use...grrrr) or almost over. Here, it's the opposite. We can see new conventions in Europe and especially in France with David Hewlett and Robert Picardo this year for example (horrible organization but great convention) . Maybe in Europe, fans are less "aggressive" (not the word that I want to use again but my headache is killing me lol) with their questions because they don't have the same luck as you americans to have many conventions. Is it logical what I'm saying? lol
            Need to rest.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              If you hear "BOOM",it's the sound of my head exploding. I have a horrible headache. Strange day at work today. Is it the full moon or just a day to show me how French can be jerks?

For your conversation, I would like to see Joe and Torri doing a convention together. Just to see the "magic thing" again. I'm not saying it because I want them together in the real life. You understand me.
              I'm glad Torri loves Europe. It's funny because American conventions seem to be less popular (popular is not the word that I want to use...grrrr) or almost over. Here, it's the opposite. We can see new conventions in Europe and especially in France with David Hewlett and Robert Picardo this year for example (horrible organization but great convention) . Maybe in Europe, fans are less "aggressive" (not the word that I want to use again but my headache is killing me lol) with their questions because they don't have the same luck as you americans to have many conventions. Is it logical what I'm saying? lol
              Need to rest.lol
              Yeah, I understand you. I always thought it strange that they have so few US conventions and whole huge areas of the country are left out. Maybe it's a size thing. Traveling around Europe is a lot easier and cheaper than flying clear across the US. Some of the people who go to a lot of conventions must have tons of money or either they budget it differently than I do. I agree that we will be seeing fewer cons, at least with SGA. I'm sure the focus will be on SGU now.

Feel better soon. I hate headaches.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I understand you. I always thought it strange that they have so few US conventions and whole huge areas of the country are left out. Maybe it's a size thing. Traveling around Europe is a lot easier and cheaper than flying clear across the US. Some of the people who go to a lot of conventions must have tons of money or either they budget it differently than I do. I agree that we will be seeing fewer cons, at least with SGA. I'm sure the focus will be on SGU now.

Yes it's easier to travel in Europe. And it' s horrible for us to go in USA for example. For the price and for passport.
                What I want to add is that you are lucky enough to have conventions for years, since the beginning of the franchise. Here it is more complicated. Actors live in America or Canada but it's not what I wanted to say first lol). Try to stay focus, Lucie.lol
                What I really wanted to say is you are used to this conventions (not you in particular). Questions are more "aggressive" (I can't find my word lol) in your country. In France for example, we don't ask Sparky questions or Sheyla questions or McKeller questions. I don't know why. Maybe we don't want to scare them.lol
                There is less chance of seeing them again so we can try to give them a good image and hope they will return with big actors (like Joe, Jason, RDA,...). You are lucky to have LA or Chicago with important actors. Here (I'm talking just for France), we have conventions with French voices. This year was a miracle because Cliff Simon, David H, David N and Robert were in Paris.

I'm reading my post and it's not clear. I will take some meds and eat something.lol
                sigpic

Comment

Yes it's easier to travel in Europe. And it' s horrible for us to go in USA for example. For the price and for passport.
                  What I want to add is that you are lucky enough to have conventions for years, since the beginning of the franchise. Here it is more complicated. Actors live in America or Canada but it's not what I wanted to say first lol). Try to stay focus, Lucie.lol
                  What I really wanted to say is you are used to this conventions (not you in particular). Questions are more "aggressive" (I can't find my word lol) in your country. In France for example, we don't ask Sparky questions or Sheyla questions or McKeller questions. I don't know why. Maybe we don't want to scare them.lol
                  There is less chance of seeing them again so we can try to give them a good image and hope they will return with big actors (like Joe, Jason, RDA,...). You are lucky to have LA or Chicago with important actors. Here (I'm talking just for France), we have conventions with French voices. This year was a miracle because Cliff Simon, David H, David N and Robert were in Paris.

I'm reading my post and it's not clear. I will take some meds and eat something.lol
                  It's clear. I think the word you are looking for is "respectful". Most people here are nice but some do ask the actors really embarrassing questions about ship and slash and their personal lives and so on. I think a few years ago someone got grabby with Joe in the UK but other than that I don't think he's been touched inappropriately. Though he said once that women keep asking him to sign their bosoms and he tries to do it without touching them. I told Mr. SR about that and he said Joe was totally clueless. I think he knows why he's just trying to be modest.

Anyway, we talked a while back about mirroring and the fact that Sparky sees only each other. I thought about this scene and did a little pic spam. This is the last scene in The Intruder.

Spoiler:
                  Off the Daedalus and up the stairs. Rodney and Carson hurry ahead but Sparky seems to still be joined at the hip even after 18 days on the ship.

Slow down, you guys. No need to run. We're in no hurry to get back to work.

Teyla congratulates John. Elizabeth is soooo proud. And John, well he's just besotted.

Mirror mirror.

John:Reports. I don't want no stinking reports. I want to look at Elizabeth.

John: *distracted* I mean, just look at her.

Elizabeth: John, Teyla is trying to show you something.

John: Wha? Oh yeah, reports. If I must...

John: So let's see what's so all-fired important that I have to stop watching Lizzie.

John: Maybe just one more quick peek.

John: Ladies.
                  Teyla: I could have handed him anything for all the attention he was paying. After all the work I did too.

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Actually bees eat honey. It's what they do. But the problem comes when they don't make more honey than they need. And yes we do take the food out of the mouths of the tiny little buzzers. Lots of articles have been coming out lately about bees dying out and having diseases, etc all over the world. Poor Joe.
                    Poor bees, too.

You mean like posting pics from people's family members personal blogs all over the internet thus causing said family member to lock them out forever so they won't have any more pics to post? I saw that happen recently. Karma baby.
                    *snerks*

I have a hard time with fanon, much less RL stuff! Yikes! I don't understand how people's brains connect actors with characters. Are they really that desperate?
                    Apparently so. They're totally disconnected from reality.

I don't know either. I mostly stay out of other fandoms. Sometimes I learn things from LJ, like a really big spoiler on this week's 24, but mostly I'm better off ignoring them. Parts of the SGA fandom really scare me to the depths of my soul but from what I've heard others are a lot worse. I wonder why actors keep doing conventions. I guess they either use the money as a little extra income and/or do it to keep the fans interested, sort of a networking idea. I keep thinking JF is going to stop but he really seems to be considerate of his fans and wants to keep in touch.
                    I think that's what it is, too. They're appreciative of the fans' support and want to give the fans a little love back.

Torri doesn't do very many cons though. I just wish she'd do when when Joe is there because it would bring the Sparkies. Not nearly enough of us go to cons anymore so they get all the wrong questions. Which, at least in Joe's case, he can only answer one way without offending a fan. I mean if someone came up to me and said, "You used to work with Suzie Q. Would you have liked to do more projects with her, she's such a great person?" I'd say...uh...why yes I would have liked that. Not implying anything of course.
                    Oh, I'd love it if I could see Torri and Joe at the same con. I don't think she's done any Creation cons since 2006, and that's really all that's out here on the West Coast. I'm lucky she's doing that autograph show in Burbank in April!

I don't see much point in asking her Sparky questions since her opinion one way or another wouldn't make any difference. I'd ask her what she regrets most about how her character turned out or maybe what would she have liked most to see Elizabeth do.
                    Definitely.

And tell her about SS6 and that technically it was Joe's idea when he told SK in Burbank that he was on board if we could come up with the $100mil. LOL See if she'll sign on too. Slip her a note with the url for our LJ comm.
                    *cracks up* Oh, you betcha!

I agree about the Sparky questions--no need really (plus I think they've all got standard answers for ship nowadays. ;P). I'd like to know how she'd like to see Elizabeth come back if that was a possibility and what she'd like her to do following her rescue (back to head of the expedition, diplomat, etc).

I'd also like to know if we will see her on TV anytime soon. Let her know she's got followers who will support her whatever she does, but we do like seeing her in primetime!!!
                    I'd like to know all of that, too.

I think it's partly to do with simply getting enough people to attend (both in terms of ticket sales and in hotel room bookings); it's easier to get the necessary numbers in a major metropolitan area, like LA or Chicago.

It's clear. I think the word you are looking for is "respectful". Most people here are nice but some do ask the actors really embarrassing questions about ship and slash and their personal lives and so on. I think a few years ago someone got grabby with Joe in the UK but other than that I don't think he's been touched inappropriately. Though he said once that women keep asking him to sign their bosoms and he tries to do it without touching them. I told Mr. SR about that and he said Joe was totally clueless. I think he knows why he's just trying to be modest.
                    *snerks some more*

Anyway, we talked a while back about mirroring and the fact that Sparky sees only each other. I thought about this scene and did a little pic spam. This is the last scene in The Intruder.

Spoiler:
                    Off the Daedalus and up the stairs. Rodney and Carson hurry ahead but Sparky seems to still be joined at the hip even after 18 days on the ship.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3573.jpg

Slow down, you guys. No need to run. We're in no hurry to get back to work.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3574.jpg

Teyla congratulates John. Elizabeth is soooo proud. And John, well he's just besotted.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3577.jpg

Mirror mirror.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3583.jpg

John:Reports. I don't want no stinking reports. I want to look at Elizabeth.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3585.jpg

John: *distracted* I mean, just look at her.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3586.jpg

Elizabeth: John, Teyla is trying to show you something.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3587.jpg

John: Wha? Oh yeah, reports. If I must...
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3589.jpg

John: So let's see what's so all-fired important that I have to stop watching Lizzie.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3590.jpg

John: Maybe just one more quick peek.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...-2x02_3591.jpg

John: Ladies.
                    Teyla: I could have handed him anything for all the attention he was paying. After all the work I did too.
                    http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ntruder720.jpg
                    Bwahahahah! John and Elizabeth were so doing it on the Daedalus! Just look at how he can't stop watching her ass wiggle! LMAO!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

I think it's partly to do with simply getting enough people to attend (both in terms of ticket sales and in hotel room bookings); it's easier to get the necessary numbers in a major metropolitan area, like LA or Chicago.
                      True but what about Washington, DC. We've got lots of big hotels that host other conventions plus the convention center and millions of people? Philadelphia, Miami, Boston and Dallas are also other good choices. *pouts*
                      sigpic

Comment

True but what about Washington, DC. We've got lots of big hotels that host other conventions plus the convention center and millions of people? Philadelphia, Miami, Boston and Dallas are also other good choices. *pouts*
                        And Atlanta. *points to Dragon Con*

Comment

Excellent picspam, SR. Very funny.

My headache is over even if my mom yelled at me because I forgot something important for her. Good thing for me: she's in Portugal.lol

Little question: Who did a convention here?
                          sigpic

Comment

Excellent picspam, SR. Very funny.

My headache is over even if my mom yelled at me because I forgot something important for her. Good thing for me: she's in Portugal.lol

Little question: Who did a convention here?
                            I think this is the one I remember: http://www.gateship-one.net/reunionstellaire/

EDIT: Apparently here's another that's more recent: http://www.actusf.com/spip/breve-4976.html

Comment

I think this is the one I remember: http://www.gateship-one.net/reunionstellaire/

EDIT: Apparently here's another that's more recent: http://www.actusf.com/spip/breve-4976.html
                              Reunion Stellaire was in 2008 in....Reunion. Too far even if it's a French convention.
                              There are nice pics of Torri http://www.gateship-one.net/dossier_13.html

The last one was this february in Paris with David H, David Nykl, Robert and Cliff.
                              sigpic

Comment

Oh conventions. There are ALL thousands miles away from me. *sighs*

SR. I love that picspam. My day was exceptionally crappy (again) and this is just what I needed. John has a sunburn, he keeps staring at Elizabeth, she broke up with Simon, all sorts of naughty thoughts are going through my head now.
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X