Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alaskhah
    It is asking too much, but alas, we know that it's going to be required of them anyway. I don't know if this is a Western culture thing or what, but we seem to have this way of putting leaders up on this pedastal and expecting them to be infallible and invulnerable ... unless we need them to be compassionate and caring, in which case we expect them to turn it on. I see a vocal few outside their inner circle (McKay, Teyla, Carson, Lorne, etc.) doing what they can to quash the relationship, which will create some angst, but hey, our pair can do angst! I see their superiors, Caldwell included, okay...especially Caldwell, trying to make their lives miserable and reminding them (unnecessarily, of course) of the gravity of their position and how they can't afford to be distracted. However, I can also see J/E telling them what to do with their pedastal! It's not gonna be smooth sailing, but what's the fun in that?!
    See, that's what I love about Atlantis. Who sets protocol? Who makes 'said' rules? The worst pressure and the most tight chains that hold them back are those that they put on themselves. You're right-it's definitely not going to be smooth sailing. They both still have personal issues to work through singularly as well as together but it certainly bodes well that they seek each other out already as each's chosen 'one' to lean on. I'm very interested to see what exactly the 'obstacles' are that keep our boy and girl apart. They don't have the technical issue of sam/jack so I'm interested to see how they eventually block a growing relationship between them from becoming more in the physical sense. I've tossed around a few angles they'll take but I'm not convinced I have it right yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
      <snippy>

And there's another episode that we don't discuss a whole lot here, and that's The Brotherhood. The last time John saw Kolya, he was ready to kill him – literally kill him. So they run into him again and Kolya tries to kill John and the team, but John shows mercy this time. We all know it'd be a whole lot easier if John got his monkey off his back for good and we all know it'd be justified, but why didn't he, when he was so ready to in The Eye?
      <snippy>
      That reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend of mine the other day about who did he want Sheppard to be paired up with. I swear I was not pushing Shep/Weir on him, but the answer he gave me was that he saw that Sheppard was a very intense person.

My friend pointed out that he thought that if Sheppard got involved with anyone in the main cast be it Elizabeth or Teyla, he would be overprotective of them. And I think he was trying to spite me by saying he'd rather have Sheppard end up with Chaya or some other girlfriend of the week.

But he did have a point that Sheppard would be very protect of someone he really cared about. And we've seen that in "The Eye".

And you definately have a point there about him actually showing mercy to Kolya in "Brotherhood". If Elizabeth was in that scenrio again, I don't think Kolya would be conviently shot on the shoulder only to survive.

We all know how John hates being betrayed, but I think he hates being betrayed and having his woman's life threatened.
      ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
        And you definately have a point there about him actually showing mercy to Kolya in "Brotherhood". If Elizabeth was in that scenrio again, I don't think Kolya would be conviently shot on the shoulder only to survive.

We all know how John hates being betrayed, but I think he hates being betrayed and having his woman's life threatened.
        ... and as far as storylines goes...Kolya will return in near future and make life hell again for our boy and girl and hopefully and finally get his a@~ whipped. Well ..John did issue him a warning in TB

“I know how Sheppard can be,” “He’s an incredibly strong man,” “and Elizabeth is his weakness. He doesn’t know how to handle that.”
        - Rodney to AU Elizabeth : quote from PeanutButterer`s The Other Side

Comment

Originally posted by seetheship
          ... and as far as storylines goes...Kolya will return in near future and make life hell again for our boy and girl and hopefully and finally get his a@~ whipped. Well ..John did issue him a warning in TB
          I am actually interested in what the Genii have planned. But they are just an annoying group of people aren't they.

But from the spoilers, I'm not sure if Kolya is in this episode. The returning Genii characters I see listed so far are Cowen and and Ladon. But we all know things like that are always subjected to change.
          ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
            See, that's what I love about Atlantis. Who sets protocol? Who makes 'said' rules? The worst pressure and the most tight chains that hold them back are those that they put on themselves. You're right-it's definitely not going to be smooth sailing. They both still have personal issues to work through singularly as well as together but it certainly bodes well that they seek each other out already as each's chosen 'one' to lean on. I'm very interested to see what exactly the 'obstacles' are that keep our boy and girl apart. They don't have the technical issue of sam/jack so I'm interested to see how they eventually block a growing relationship between them from becoming more in the physical sense. I've tossed around a few angles they'll take but I'm not convinced I have it right yet.
            For the most part, I agree with you - there don't appear to be any technical issues with them getting together, and they do seem quite capable of keeping each other at arm's length on their own. However, now that I think about it, their positions *are* pretty tenuous. Elizabeth may not be subject to the letter of any law, but, from what I understand, she is more or less a political appointee. Really, she doesn't have to do anything "wrong" to be pulled, just something perceived as wrong by the President. True, she has a lot of pull with the current president, but what about the next administration? ( What *about* the next administration?! I hadn't even thought of that before now! See? That's what I get for thinking at this time of night! ) If for some reason, she fell out of favor, there's no reason that I know of why she couldn't be transferred (though, if anyone can think of something, PLEASE feel free to correct me!!!), and if they stop listening to her, there's no reason why he wouldn't be out transferred or a new CO assigned.

Anyways, all that to say, no, there's not anything technically "wrong" with them getting together, but it wouldn't necessarily be without career ramifications/consequences. Again, just adds to the angst possibilities...

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
            still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Athenaktt
              I am actually interested in what the Genii have planned. But they are just an annoying group of people aren't they.

But from the spoilers, I'm not sure if Kolya is in this episode. The returning Genii characters I see listed so far are Cowen and and Ladon. But we all know things like that are always subjected to change.
              Well, I personally can't wait for the return of the Genii, even if it's not Koyla. Hopefully seeing some Genii will stir up some feelings and bad memories in Liz and John. Angsty/angry memories!

In my book any Genii are good Genii... even if they are bad guys.
              Last edited by leafy; 25 September 2005, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Pimpin' Athena's Lights Out bc it rockz!

Loved Teh Sparky and you really have Rodney pegged down.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Lovely...that was a really sweet story!

Comment

The Saga of the Mints Begins....

Comment

Originally posted by Elinor
                      The Saga of the Mints Begins....

Did I just hear someone say mint???...

Mwa ha ha!

-Moo
                      hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by SallyLizzie

Thanks for pimping Sallie! As for getting Rodney pegged, I think it really helps when down transcripts because I always have to rewind it like ten times before I can figure out the paragraph that Rodney has send in a span of thirty seconds.

And Thanks Elinor for the nice comment.

I hope that cheese factor for the fic wasn't too high.
                        ~Athena

Comment

Hey, no problems Athena. What i can't write myself, i pimp

Bringing me to pimp!post 2...

And Then, You Start To Regret by Simple Hope.

Hope, this was lovley. Very very sad but still lovely

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                            For the most part, I agree with you - there don't appear to be any technical issues with them getting together, and they do seem quite capable of keeping each other at arm's length on their own. However, now that I think about it, their positions *are* pretty tenuous. Elizabeth may not be subject to the letter of any law, but, from what I understand, she is more or less a political appointee. Really, she doesn't have to do anything "wrong" to be pulled, just something perceived as wrong by the President. True, she has a lot of pull with the current president, but what about the next administration? ( What *about* the next administration?! I hadn't even thought of that before now! See? That's what I get for thinking at this time of night! ) If for some reason, she fell out of favor, there's no reason that I know of why she couldn't be transferred (though, if anyone can think of something, PLEASE feel free to correct me!!!), and if they stop listening to her, there's no reason why he wouldn't be out transferred or a new CO assigned.

Anyways, all that to say, no, there's not anything technically "wrong" with them getting together, but it wouldn't necessarily be without career ramifications/consequences. Again, just adds to the angst possibilities...
                            I think in S.3 - 4 we may see E. be transferred out when a new administration is elected in. (Not sure what term the SG1-president is in?!) Oh! the Angst of her leaving!

But, I could see all the other countries that support HER being the expedition leader will eventually step in & demand her back to fairly represent Earth in the Pegasus Galaxy. Yes, I've thought about this!

OK -- someone write me a fic that has E&J on Earth; her finding out she's transferred; John freaking out & they have a "last night on Earth". Please. Now.

Comment

Ok, I have nothing really productive to say at this moment in time...my discussion muse has packed and gone on holiday...probably to somewhere warm....where was I?

Oh yea!..Since I can't add anything meaningful, I took my fave pic and made it super cute!

Ta da!!!

Careful...she may look cute, but she bites!!! (if you know what I mean )

-Moo
                              hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Moomin
                                Looks like Elizabeth has found her halloween costume Hmm, maybe John could go as Batman. Yeah, Batman and Catwoman..hottest couple in leather..fully accesorsied with their own batcave aka storage closet

Comment

Working...
                                X