Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Just doing a bit of organizing, boss.

I think, since Episodes are the most important part of everything, we should have an episode list perhaps before we let people write willy-nilly? That way all writers are on the same page as far as the arc development, and no one will get feelings hurt if the 'team' wants to go another way. If everyone starts writing at once then we end up with the same continuity problems as RL *cough*.

Episodes are 41-42 minute long typically to allow for commercial insertion on American television. I believe there is a specific script writing format you can find online that in general is supposed to be 1 page per minute, so that each 42 page script is approximately 42 minutes. You can find basic set up at www.filmscriptwriting.com or http://www.scriptfrenzy.org. (If we prefer it to be fics, then I let's go for it).

Here's what we have so far. Let me know what you guys think.

So...based on what we've got here, may I start suggestions with this preliminary timeline:

Episodes 1, 2 & 3: The Return to Pegasus

- A reason must be given for the need to return Atlantis to the Pegasus Galaxy.

It had to happen sometime. It's been a while since I've been here, & I finally have no idea what you guys are on about

Upon reading this though, I am reminded of an earlier discussion about a possible Atlantis movie. Here was my idea at the time:
    Spoiler:

Atlantis is on Earth. The Deadalus has been doing recon in the PG. The wraith have been running amok. The population is dwindling. They are also on a path to cull the Athosian planet in a few weeks. Meanwhile at the SGC, intervention is denied. Atlantis has to stay on Earth as a line of defence (from who?? The Ori are defeated, plus the wraith are in the PG).

After repeated stonewalling, Shep decides to give the big *F*U* to the SGC and pilots Atlantis into orbit. Woolsey wets his pants when Shep defies orders, but Landry tells him that he never really expected Shep to listen. He also tries to eyesex him, which makes Woolsey wet his pants again. The General Hammond is in orbit above Earth. Carter orders Shep to stand down or she'll fire. He says something woobie-ish that SR will get a kick out of. Carter does one of her trademark winces, and does nothing. Atlantis heads off to the PG.

On the way, Teyla asks Rodney why he wasn't really that concerned about leaving Keller behind. He explains that it didn't work out - mostly because when they went out for dinner, guys kept hitting on her coz they thought she was out with her father. Teyla nods knowingly, resisting the urge to leap for joy.

Upon arriving at New Athos, Atlantis makes short work of the wraith (who, by fortunate happenstance show up at the EXACT SAME TIME that Atlantis does). After regrouping, they decide they need to take out a few more of the wraith. Todd has detected their arrival, and contacts them. He assists them with tracking the wraith ships (only the ones that are not his, naturally). He also comments to Rodney that 'that delicious looking girlfriend of his' is conspicuously absent.

Meanwhile, the General Hammond arrives. Carter figured they'd go to New Athos first (hey, she is a genius). When Shep, Lorne, Teyla, Ronon, Rodney, Carson etc ask WTF she is doing there, she says that abandoning the PG never sat well with her. However her ship is desperately undermanned (conveniently this means few extras need to be hired - I think of everything) as she knew this was either a one-way trip or she'd be going back to a cell in area 51.

As Atlantis dispenses with more wraith, Carter/General Hammond retreive Franibeth (Carter is much smarter than Rodney and figures she may be able to fix her). However Franibeth has sustained much damage in space, and disintegrates shortly after reactivation. Naturally, she tells Carter that she was actually a copy, and that she believes she knows where Elizabeth was being held.

When Carter gets back to Atlantis, she tells Shep etc. They (collectively) decide that they owe it to Elizabeth to at least make an attempt at a rescue. As the highest ranking officer, Carter retakes command of Atlantis. It is decided that they will send the General Hammond (with Lorne now in command) to investigate - jump in, scan, jump out. Apparently, this planet is a secondary home for the Asurans (what a pity they deleted them from the database).

While they are deliberating on their options, Lorne comes into Carter's office and plonks himself down on her desk, giving her a smirk. Carter says 'hey, are you coming on to me'. Lorne replies that he has a thing for strong women, and that Weir was totally, like, taken by Shep. Carter says she knew it all along. Then Lorne kisses her and they procede to make love right there on her desk. Chuck dims the lights and exits the control room, cursing that he would probably have to clean the desk afterwards.

Todd & Rod (OMG - Ned Flanders kids!!) inform the crew that these Asurans will most likely still have the attack code. The planet is not neutronium-rich, so when their few ships were destroyed by the wraith, they have only managed to start rebuilding them (rather than simply replicating them). given that they no longer have Asuras for support. So a rescue isn't out of the question. And probably necessary, given that the wraith will most likely destroy this planet to wipe out the replicators (again).

Atlantis & the General Hammond jump to the planet. Atlantis patrols in orbit while the General Hammond beams Teyla, Ronon, Shep, Rodney down to the planet then heads through the atmosphere (because of some interference/plot device they wouldn't be able to beam them back up unless in close proximity) to wreak havoc on the replicator homeworld. Because General Hammond was cool, his ship kicks ass, and sustains virtually no damage (especially that weird steam effect they do) while it tears the replicators a new one.

Rodney locates a human signal, so they head for it. Ronon and Teyla, being the skilled warriors they are, dispatch many a replicator on the way. They find OMG!!Elizabeth (yeah, no surprise there) who is in stasis. After Rodney flails for a bit coz he loves her too (not in that way. Okay, maybe a little bit, but only a little) he figures out how to wake her up. She is of course still unconscious. Lorne beams them up, with the ZPM that they stole along the way (sure, why not). The Major says that they should simply tell the wraith about this planet, and they'll take care of it for them. Shep agrees that this is a good plan, so they head back to Atlantis and both ships jump away. Later, they come back and dispatch the wraith who were so helpful in killing the remaining replicators.

Carson, superdoc that he is, revives Elizabeth. She says something along the lines of OMGWTFRUCRAZY?! before he tells her that the replicators are toast, and that she is essentially the person she was before, with freakish healing abilities. Carter comes in and tells her that the two of them aren't really that dissimilar, what with her naquadah and all (I know, the writers forgot about that after s6). So there really isn't any reason for her to take back command after a rehabilitation period (perhaps a little convenient, but I direct you to Irresponsible), given that she never technically relinquished the position. Shep is all OMG!!this is so cool!!things can go back to how they were before almost!! and internally goes OMG!!yay!! bounces/jumps around the room with Carter!! but externally nods and says that that is the fairest solution, and would satisfy most of the remaining members of the expedition. Elizabeth is all yay!!too, but being the trained negotiator that she is, internalises her diplomatic orgasm, simply responding with a limited smile.

The leadership of Atlantis (& Todd) decide that the best course of action is to eliminate the rest of the wraith. Todd adds that his forces have been essentially wiped out - he would have been too but he is safe on Atlantis - so he is all set to go postal on the rest of the wraith. They then dispatch the remaining ships they have on sensors, before landing Atlantis on a new planet. Sam/Rodney disable the gate so that an incoming wormhole from Earth will not engage (they will think Atlantis is either in space or destroyed) but it is still usable.

There are a few remaining wraith in the PG, but they pose no great threat at the moment (okay, if you like, the real Michael survived). Todd opts for the treatment to remove his feeding ability/need, given that Carson tells him he will die otherwise, and also opts to remain on Atlantis. Carter is the head of the military personel as it were. In a private moment, she tells Shep that there really is no reason why sparky cannot exist in this new earth exile. Shep is all 'i don't know what you are talking about ma'am' before he sprints out of there to bang on Lizzie's door.

Teyla tells the Athosians that there really is no need to stay on New Athos, and that they should simply move back to Atlantis, to help with the, uh, repopulation. Ronon decides that this is a task he is well suited for, and proceeds to help with the cause (he's so selfless - he just gives and gives). Katie Brown (what?? I liked her) puts the moves on Rodney, who realises that she is his one and only. After some brief liasons, and given Rodney's relative inexperience with birth control, Katie becomes pregnant. Much joy ensues. I'm not sure what will happen with the rest of them, but that is what the second movie will be for.

This was written (and posted) about a year ago. I like to think of myself as a visionary I didn't manage to get Kate back into it though, dammit
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Yay.

Woah, that's pretty cool. Nice message too. Now I'm not sure which one I like best!

And I'm kind of annoyed with myself, because I'd been waiting for it for a while and then I forgot about it and missed it. But anyway, yesterday was my one year anniversary of joining Gateworld! I find that kind of exciting.
      Congrats! I think the Teyla in the AU would give her more depth, but anything that brings back Kate. And these are totally separate from your Christening/ceremony/danger on New Athos standalone, right? Cuz I love that idea and it totally needs it's own episode.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      It had to happen sometime. It's been a while since I've been here, & I finally have no idea what you guys are on about

Upon reading this though, I am reminded of an earlier discussion about a possible Atlantis movie. Here was my idea at the time:
      Spoiler:

Atlantis is on Earth. The Deadalus has been doing recon in the PG. The wraith have been running amok. The population is dwindling. They are also on a path to cull the Athosian planet in a few weeks. Meanwhile at the SGC, intervention is denied. Atlantis has to stay on Earth as a line of defence (from who?? The Ori are defeated, plus the wraith are in the PG).

After repeated stonewalling, Shep decides to give the big *F*U* to the SGC and pilots Atlantis into orbit. Woolsey wets his pants when Shep defies orders, but Landry tells him that he never really expected Shep to listen. He also tries to eyesex him, which makes Woolsey wet his pants again. The General Hammond is in orbit above Earth. Carter orders Shep to stand down or she'll fire. He says something woobie-ish that SR will get a kick out of. Carter does one of her trademark winces, and does nothing. Atlantis heads off to the PG.

On the way, Teyla asks Rodney why he wasn't really that concerned about leaving Keller behind. He explains that it didn't work out - mostly because when they went out for dinner, guys kept hitting on her coz they thought she was out with her father. Teyla nods knowingly, resisting the urge to leap for joy.

Upon arriving at New Athos, Atlantis makes short work of the wraith (who, by fortunate happenstance show up at the EXACT SAME TIME that Atlantis does). After regrouping, they decide they need to take out a few more of the wraith. Todd has detected their arrival, and contacts them. He assists them with tracking the wraith ships (only the ones that are not his, naturally). He also comments to Rodney that 'that delicious looking girlfriend of his' is conspicuously absent.

Meanwhile, the General Hammond arrives. Carter figured they'd go to New Athos first (hey, she is a genius). When Shep, Lorne, Teyla, Ronon, Rodney, Carson etc ask WTF she is doing there, she says that abandoning the PG never sat well with her. However her ship is desperately undermanned (conveniently this means few extras need to be hired - I think of everything) as she knew this was either a one-way trip or she'd be going back to a cell in area 51.

As Atlantis dispenses with more wraith, Carter/General Hammond retreive Franibeth (Carter is much smarter than Rodney and figures she may be able to fix her). However Franibeth has sustained much damage in space, and disintegrates shortly after reactivation. Naturally, she tells Carter that she was actually a copy, and that she believes she knows where Elizabeth was being held.

When Carter gets back to Atlantis, she tells Shep etc. They (collectively) decide that they owe it to Elizabeth to at least make an attempt at a rescue. As the highest ranking officer, Carter retakes command of Atlantis. It is decided that they will send the General Hammond (with Lorne now in command) to investigate - jump in, scan, jump out. Apparently, this planet is a secondary home for the Asurans (what a pity they deleted them from the database).

While they are deliberating on their options, Lorne comes into Carter's office and plonks himself down on her desk, giving her a smirk. Carter says 'hey, are you coming on to me'. Lorne replies that he has a thing for strong women, and that Weir was totally, like, taken by Shep. Carter says she knew it all along. Then Lorne kisses her and they procede to make love right there on her desk. Chuck dims the lights and exits the control room, cursing that he would probably have to clean the desk afterwards.

Todd & Rod (OMG - Ned Flanders kids!!) inform the crew that these Asurans will most likely still have the attack code. The planet is not neutronium-rich, so when their few ships were destroyed by the wraith, they have only managed to start rebuilding them (rather than simply replicating them). given that they no longer have Asuras for support. So a rescue isn't out of the question. And probably necessary, given that the wraith will most likely destroy this planet to wipe out the replicators (again).

Atlantis & the General Hammond jump to the planet. Atlantis patrols in orbit while the General Hammond beams Teyla, Ronon, Shep, Rodney down to the planet then heads through the atmosphere (because of some interference/plot device they wouldn't be able to beam them back up unless in close proximity) to wreak havoc on the replicator homeworld. Because General Hammond was cool, his ship kicks ass, and sustains virtually no damage (especially that weird steam effect they do) while it tears the replicators a new one.

Rodney locates a human signal, so they head for it. Ronon and Teyla, being the skilled warriors they are, dispatch many a replicator on the way. They find OMG!!Elizabeth (yeah, no surprise there) who is in stasis. After Rodney flails for a bit coz he loves her too (not in that way. Okay, maybe a little bit, but only a little) he figures out how to wake her up. She is of course still unconscious. Lorne beams them up, with the ZPM that they stole along the way (sure, why not). The Major says that they should simply tell the wraith about this planet, and they'll take care of it for them. Shep agrees that this is a good plan, so they head back to Atlantis and both ships jump away. Later, they come back and dispatch the wraith who were so helpful in killing the remaining replicators.

Carson, superdoc that he is, revives Elizabeth. She says something along the lines of OMGWTFRUCRAZY?! before he tells her that the replicators are toast, and that she is essentially the person she was before, with freakish healing abilities. Carter comes in and tells her that the two of them aren't really that dissimilar, what with her naquadah and all (I know, the writers forgot about that after s6). So there really isn't any reason for her to take back command after a rehabilitation period (perhaps a little convenient, but I direct you to Irresponsible), given that she never technically relinquished the position. Shep is all OMG!!this is so cool!!things can go back to how they were before almost!! and internally goes OMG!!yay!! bounces/jumps around the room with Carter!! but externally nods and says that that is the fairest solution, and would satisfy most of the remaining members of the expedition. Elizabeth is all yay!!too, but being the trained negotiator that she is, internalises her diplomatic orgasm, simply responding with a limited smile.

The leadership of Atlantis (& Todd) decide that the best course of action is to eliminate the rest of the wraith. Todd adds that his forces have been essentially wiped out - he would have been too but he is safe on Atlantis - so he is all set to go postal on the rest of the wraith. They then dispatch the remaining ships they have on sensors, before landing Atlantis on a new planet. Sam/Rodney disable the gate so that an incoming wormhole from Earth will not engage (they will think Atlantis is either in space or destroyed) but it is still usable.

There are a few remaining wraith in the PG, but they pose no great threat at the moment (okay, if you like, the real Michael survived). Todd opts for the treatment to remove his feeding ability/need, given that Carson tells him he will die otherwise, and also opts to remain on Atlantis. Carter is the head of the military personel as it were. In a private moment, she tells Shep that there really is no reason why sparky cannot exist in this new earth exile. Shep is all 'i don't know what you are talking about ma'am' before he sprints out of there to bang on Lizzie's door.

Teyla tells the Athosians that there really is no need to stay on New Athos, and that they should simply move back to Atlantis, to help with the, uh, repopulation. Ronon decides that this is a task he is well suited for, and proceeds to help with the cause (he's so selfless - he just gives and gives). Katie Brown (what?? I liked her) puts the moves on Rodney, who realises that she is his one and only. After some brief liasons, and given Rodney's relative inexperience with birth control, Katie becomes pregnant. Much joy ensues. I'm not sure what will happen with the rest of them, but that is what the second movie will be for.

This was written (and posted) about a year ago. I like to think of myself as a visionary I didn't manage to get Kate back into it though, dammit
      I LULS YOU *glomps*
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Happy Anniversary, Erin! Time flies when you're having fun!

gateraid, you slay me!

Ooo! I really like the Athosian ceremony idea too! I like this story. I can add it to the 'standalone' list.

While a true Christening may be a few weeks after a baby is born, like SK mentions, there's no reason why we couldn't have there be some special Athosian ritual for maybe a year or life or something like that--tying into the idea that life is so celebrated in the Athosian culture that a child having lived a year of it is special. Or a naming ceremony or something. There's tons we could do. And I dig the villain being a chase through the woods. Plus, production budget would like that.
        On second thought, we may have to nix the idea of having them running around in the rain. Each character would probably need several changes of costume. Drat.

I think we can find a way to bring back Kate. I was actually thinking along the same lines of SK's idea of her being trapped in the Crystals, too. What if we went all goopy science and said that the crystals could clone human cells? (Then we wouldn't have to worry about decomposition *LOL*)
        Hahaha! I love it!

OR...we could do a really good Teyla story where she gets trapped in a machine on Atlantis that lets you alter the past--and she is given the chance to go back and examine her life and change things? We could go all the way back to when her Father was taken. Knowing Charon was sick. And other important things in her life that could have been different. What would she change? And how would her choices affect her life now? We could address all kinds of stuff with that type of storyline--The experiment with Michael. What happens if she stops it? What if she has a different relationship with John (oooo...we could play nice with frenemies and give them a little AU Sheyla) . Trying to keep Elizabeth safe? Or Carson?

After further examination she finds that even changing things she wants to leads to greater complications and perhaps costs her more. Maybe she loses Elizabeth another way; maybe she never has Torren because her life events change. The Wraith take her people if Michael's not there. And in the end Teyla realizes that she prefers her life as it is, as difficult as it has been.

But not all things in life are like that, and the device gives her one small gift at the end-and when she wakes up out of the AU device, Kate is there, alive. Time was changed for that and the rest of Atlantis acts as though Kate never left. Only Teyla knows the truth.
        OMG! That's perfect! It fits beautifully with the 'meaning of home' theme we've got going, and we'll get another awesome Teyla story in the bargain! Put that one on the list!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Seems that the Franibeth idea wins, I don't like it at all, but I accept the majority decisions.
          To me, there were too many fake Elizabeths in the regular series , to bring another one in Season 6.

At least, please find a way for the real Elizabeth to be confirmed as the one and only at a certain point of the story ... something that McKay has done to her nanites to identify her as "unique" ... something that couldn'be replicated in any way, otherwise I cannot think the people of Atlantis will accept her once again, unless they are really really naive.

May I ask for a Lorne-centric episode? I'm a great fan of this character

As to bringing back Kate Heightmeyer from "the deads", I'm not a fan of this shrink in particular; we can't resuscitate everyone, but if you want to do that, I suggest she comes from a parallel universe and, considering she can't be sent back for any scientific reason (McKay rulez), she will stay

Up to now I didn't read anything about Sheppard/Weir relationship. Do you plan to put them together at the end of Season 6 or, at least, admit their feelings or not??? My shippy heart protests!!!

Comment

Hey folks, I don't mean to interrupt your "creative meeting," but I figured I might as well let you guys know that I've been working on my first SG fanfic and have begun uploading it to FF.net.

It's a post EATG story that is mainly about Sheppard still dealing with the loss of his friends in the face of new threats to the Pegasus Galaxy and Earth.

I'd prefer not to reveal to much right now and It's not going to be focusing on just any one thing alone, but Elizabeth's role in Sheppard's life and and her importance to John will be an integral part of the heart of the story. And actually was the inspiration for me actually starting this story. So I thought you all would appreciate that fact more than most. I know it's only beginning so there's nothing too exciting going on just yet, but I thought I'd let you know about the early chapters. The first part of the story really sets the stage up for what is going to go on later. I've called it "The Price of Struggle;" I've posted a rough version on the fanfic section of Gateworld Forums. I'd post a link to it on Fanfiction.net once, I've figured out how to work all of it. I'm uploading the fic under the name "Unexpected Reaction" over there.

It's essentially what I would have probably done if I had been given the task of continuing Stargate Atlantis in movie form and was unencumbered by the realities of making it, like time and budget limits and constrains, TV technicalities, onscreen pacing, actor availabilities and so forth.

Anyways, just a bit for heads up for later.
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 21 January 2010, 12:39 AM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Hi Infinite Possibilities, I would be happy to read your fic, is it on ff.net? Do you have a direct link? Thanks!!!

P.S.: I found the story on ff.net and the beginning is very interesting. I hope you update it soon
              Last edited by nephtys59; 21 January 2010, 03:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                It's Athosians, with an a instead of e. And I hope so, plenty to learn about them.... maybe something about Torren getting initiated into the tribe or something. *shrug*
                I knew it. grrr....But for my defense, it was late.lol

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I like most everything about this plan. And I can imagine John's conflict and confusion through it all.

Kate is definitely going to be needed in S6. I'd like to have her never be dead but that doesn't seem possible. Can we have her in stasis without too much ignoring of canon? Science geeks? Somebody smart figure it out.

Also on the Athosians, how about a Teyla/Kanaan wedding? We need to flesh out his character a lot too. And Ronon needs a bigger part.

Note to probie: Call Patrick Sabonqui's agent. Ask if he's available to play Kanaan again.
                The wedding is very necessary? I like Teyla/Kanaan but I don't need their wedding. I'm not a fan of "happy wedding".lol
                Don't worry boss. I will call him this afternoon.

OR...we could do a really good Teyla story where she gets trapped in a machine on Atlantis that lets you alter the past--and she is given the chance to go back and examine her life and change things? We could go all the way back to when her Father was taken. Knowing Charon was sick. And other important things in her life that could have been different. What would she change? And how would her choices affect her life now? We could address all kinds of stuff with that type of storyline--The experiment with Michael. What happens if she stops it? What if she has a different relationship with John (oooo...we could play nice with frenemies and give them a little AU Sheyla) . Trying to keep Elizabeth safe? Or Carson?
                Wow...I like it. It's evil.lol

For Kate: Maybe she fell into the water. She swam to the mainland ....lol Fortunately for everyone that I am not a writer. lol FH: Don't be angry. It was a joke. lol

Time to work again. See you later
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  For Kate: Maybe she fell into the water. She swam to the mainland ....lol
                  Kate didn't fall. She dreamt to fall and the fear was so high she died in her sleep and was found by Teyla in her room, dead.

Comment

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                    Seems that the Franibeth idea wins, I don't like it at all, but I accept the majority decisions.
                    To me, there were too many fake Elizabeths in the regular series , to bring another one in Season 6.

At least, please find a way for the real Elizabeth to be confirmed as the one and only at a certain point of the story ... something that McKay has done to her nanites to identify her as "unique" ... something that couldn'be replicated in any way, otherwise I cannot think the people of Atlantis will accept her once again, unless they are really really naive.

As to bringing back Kate Heightmeyer from "the deads", I'm not a fan of this shrink in particular; we can't resuscitate everyone, but if you want to do that, I suggest she comes from a parallel universe and, considering she can't be sent back for any scientific reason (McKay rulez), she will stay

Up to now I didn't read anything about Sheppard/Weir relationship. Do you plan to put them together at the end of Season 6 or, at least, admit their feelings or not??? My shippy heart protests!!!
                    I think our aim here is to emphasize what we enjoy while not going too far away from what was seen on screen. If I'm getting the general vibe from most people, they're not objecting to continuing canon. And the writers we have in here are incredibly talented and could do an entire season of episodes right on par with where the show left off and yet make it even better. So while you can be assured that Sparky will be found through all these fics, I personally object to confessions of love from them because that's not how they were in the show. I have no problem with getting them closer, but in the season where Elizabeth comes back from the dead I don't expect a Sparky wedding. If others disagree with me I'll go the majority route, but I'd like to keep their relationship with how Joe and Torri played them and build on it more than the writers did.

Thanks for stating what you disagree with; I think that's how this is going to work--some ideas are going to be popular for many, but not everybody. We'll always go with majority. I will say that from a personal perspective, though, I don't like to hear people spin negative and say "I don't care about this character". Everybody is different and everybody has different reasons why they like certain characters, no matter how minor they are. What may have been an unimportant character to you may be the center of a fandom for someone else. Let's refrain from acting as though some don't matter. In my mind, they all matter, just in different ways.

And...well, this is science fiction! We're never going to be able to convince everyone that this Weir is the real, real Weir because it's sci-fi and we did not watch her 24-7 from the time she was taken. As far as I'm concerned in the stasis story she IS Elizabeth, and I'll write that as realistically as possible. But it's impossible to make everyone believe it.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Hey folks, I don't mean to interrupt your "creative meeting," but I figured I might as well let you guys know that I've been working on my first SG fanfic and have begun uploading it to FF.net.

It's a post EATG story that is mainly about Sheppard still dealing with the loss of his friends in the face of new threats to the Pegasus Galaxy and Earth.

I'd prefer not to reveal to much right now and It's not going to be focusing on just any one thing alone, but Elizabeth's role in Sheppard's life and and her importance to John will be an integral part of the heart of the story. And actually was the inspiration for me actually starting this story. So I thought you all would appreciate that fact more than most. I know it's only beginning so there's nothing too exciting going on just yet, but I thought I'd let you know about the early chapters. The first part of the story really sets the stage up for what is going to go on later. I've called it "The Price of Struggle;" I've posted a rough version on the fanfic section of Gateworld Forums. I'd post a link to it on Fanfiction.net once, I've figured out how to work all of it. I'm uploading the fic under the name "Unexpected Reaction" over there.

It's essentially what I would have probably done if I had been given the task of continuing Stargate Atlantis in movie form and was unencumbered by the realities of making it, like time and budget limits and constrains, TV technicalities, onscreen pacing, actor availabilities and so forth.

I am SO excited! I can't wait to read it! When you've got a version you are eager to share, please put the link up (cuz I'm LAZY).

Comment

Re: Kate - I don't have a problem introducing a new shrink. But if you want to bring back Kate I'd go with the parallel universe version now stuck in "our" reality. Or borrow bits of several TNG plots - the Daedalus (sp?) is being overhauled and while they're updating the transporter controls they empty the buffer only to have Kate materialize; they'rd been a glitch one tiime when she was transported (she muct have been at some point) and a duplicate version was stuck in the buffer.
                      DDC

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Hmm... is The Trust still around on Earth? (I'm not as up on SG-1 canon as I am with Atlantis canon.) Maybe they've got something to do with keeping Kate's survival under wraps...

Seeing the words 'Teyla/Kanaan wedding' and 'Ronon needs a bigger part' suddenly triggered the mental image of Ronon serving as Kanaan's best man. Somehow, I think Jason would have waaaay too much fun with that, and we're already determined to keep him from going overboard with the pranks.
                        Wow, you guys just keep working late. Don't know about the Trust. I'm rusty on SG-1 stuff. And Jason would totally rock that role.

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                        Yup, we should definitely see them again. How old would Jinto be now?
                        The two part ritual would be cool. Or maybe it's just some sort of special thing that the Athosians do when a child turns one - maybe another sort of celebration that has its roots in the rate of Wraith-related mortality over the centuries or something.
                        I like the one year celebration thing.

Ooo! I really like the Athosian ceremony idea too! I like this story. I can add it to the 'standalone' list.

While a true Christening may be a few weeks after a baby is born, like SK mentions, there's no reason why we couldn't have there be some special Athosian ritual for maybe a year or life or something like that--tying into the idea that life is so celebrated in the Athosian culture that a child having lived a year of it is special. Or a naming ceremony or something. There's tons we could do. And I dig the villain being a chase through the woods. Plus, production budget would like that.
                        Speaking of budget, is anyone an accountant?

I think we can find a way to bring back Kate. I was actually thinking along the same lines of SK's idea of her being trapped in the Crystals, too. What if we went all goopy science and said that the crystals could clone human cells? (Then we wouldn't have to worry about decomposition *LOL*)

After further examination she finds that even changing things she wants to leads to greater complications and perhaps costs her more. Maybe she loses Elizabeth another way; maybe she never has Torren because her life events change. The Wraith take her people if Michael's not there. And in the end Teyla realizes that she prefers her life as it is, as difficult as it has been.

But not all things in life are like that, and the device gives her one small gift at the end-and when she wakes up out of the AU device, Kate is there, alive. Time was changed for that and the rest of Atlantis acts as though Kate never left. Only Teyla knows the truth.

I was sorta thinking that too, but you would have to think why they'd be a serious threat to Earth. Come up with a good background for them.
                        I love both these ideas and all the parts. Even the Sheyla. I think. As long as things don't violate canon, I'm good. AU's of course are open for anything.

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                        Man so much stuff going on! I would suggest Lizzie's arc be the main arc for the season, with the season finale being Lizzie's attack on Atlantis. Maybe a way to get them back in Pegasus would be to set everything a year or so after EATG. Todd finally gets in comm range and warns Atlantis about (whatever aliens we like) are setting their sights on Earth.

To mundane stuff, in Indiana (my home state), Illinois, Michigan, and some others have drivers license oriented vertically if you're under 21. For all us old foggies over 21, the license is landscaped style.

OT
                        Spoiler:
                        SR, I just got my Alden (made the old fashioned way in the good ole USA) shell cordovan balmorals. And my Made-to-measure shirts from Harvie and Hudson (family owned in the UK) shirts. Best dang shirts I've ever worn.

ETA: Kate getting killed (as lame and pointless as it was) is hard to work around. I'm down for anything that gets approval.
                        On your OT:
                        Spoiler:
                        Sweeet! I've never met a steel guy who was such a clothes horse. I wish I could get my husband to expand his wardrobe a little.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Thanks for the laugh first thing. I had forgotten this. And you need to join us. Check out our community on LJ: Sparky Season 6. We have taken over Bridge Studios. Below is our job list. Find a spot for yourself or come up with a new job. We need an accountant? Can I add you as a writer?

Spoiler:

Showrunner: Southern Red

Administrative Assistant/Actor Liaison: Probie

JF's Personal Assistant: nephtys59

Shipper Liaison: Anuna

Continuity Coordinator/Meeting planner/Torri's PA: Eri13

Security Chief: Scary Kitty
                        Security Deputy Chief/Claire Rankin's PA: Falcon Horus
                        Security Deputy/Crowd control officer: pkprd869

Makeup Supervisor: Scary Kitty
                        Makeup: Henson Studios

Photography Department:
                        Probie
                        Erin

Art Department:
                        Costumes: Scary Kitty
                        Erin
                        pkprd
                        Fionnait
                        Set Designer:Falcon Horus

Public Relations: Drewandian

Biomedical Consultant: Fionnait

Writers: Southern Red
                        Anuna
                        Eri
                        Scary Kitty
                        Pkprd
                        nephtys
                        Drewandian
                        Erin
                        Carl Binder
                        Lt.Col.JohnSheppard

Special Effects: Stargate Studios

Music: Fionnait
                        pkprd
                        Drewandian

Sorry. I know you hate GitM. We had a lot of mixed reaction here with that one so you're not alone. I don't think we'll have more than just the two Elizabeth's. Franibeth and the original. The real Elizabeth will definitely be made obvious before the season ends. And so will Sparky though I'm not sure we'll have RST. We don't want to write ourselves into a corner. Or argue with any actors who object. We want to drag the UST out to an excrusiating a painful level. We can always have an AU where they are together. And yes on more Lorne.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post

Can't wait to read. Come and join the fun.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                        I knew it. grrr....But for my defense, it was late.lol

The wedding is very necessary? I like Teyla/Kanaan but I don't need their wedding. I'm not a fan of "happy wedding".lol
                        Don't worry boss. I will call him this afternoon.

Wow...I like it. It's evil.lol

For Kate: Maybe she fell into the water. She swam to the mainland ....lol Fortunately for everyone that I am not a writer. lol FH: Don't be angry. It was a joke. lol

Time to work again. See you later
                        What? Now you don't like my wedding idea? Do we just let them continue living in sin co-habitating happily? Maybe someone has an idea of what kind of joining ceremony the Athosians have.

I'm glad you're at work early today. We have to work on the budget. *sharpens pencil* Or better still. *sends Probie out to buy Quicken*. And BTW, we're throwing out all these blasted PC's and ordering Macs. Today. One more blue screen of death and I lose it. That little spinning beach ball of uh oh is much more fun and easier to get rid of. *waves to Eri*
                        Last edited by Southern Red; 21 January 2010, 04:46 AM. Reason: I left myself off the list. LOL
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Wow, you guys just keep working late. Don't know about the Trust. I'm rusty on SG-1 stuff. And Jason would totally rock that role.

I like the one year celebration thing.

Speaking of budget, is anyone an accountant?

I love both these ideas and all the parts. Even the Sheyla. I think. As long as things don't violate canon, I'm good. AU's of course are open for anything.

On your OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          Sweeet! I've never met a steel guy who was such a clothes horse. I wish I could get my husband to expand his wardrobe a little.

Thanks for the laugh first thing. I had forgotten this. And you need to join us. Check out our community on LJ: Sparky Season 6. We have taken over Bridge Studios. Below is our job list. Find a spot for yourself or come up with a new job. We need an accountant? Can I add you as a writer?

Spoiler:

Showrunner: Southern Red

Administrative Assistant/Actor Liaison: Probie

JF's Personal Assistant: nephtys59

Shipper Liaison: Anuna

Continuity Coordinator/Meeting planner/Torri's PA: Eri13

Security Chief: Scary Kitty
                          Security Deputy Chief/Claire Rankin's PA: Falcon Horus
                          Security Deputy/Crowd control officer: pkprd869

Makeup Supervisor: Scary Kitty
                          Makeup: Henson Studios

Photography Department:
                          Probie
                          Erin

Art Department:
                          Costumes: Scary Kitty
                          Erin
                          pkprd
                          Fionnait
                          Set Designer:Falcon Horus

Public Relations: Drewandian

Biomedical Consultant: Fionnait

Writers: Southern Red
                          Anuna
                          Eri
                          Scary Kitty
                          Pkprd
                          nephtys
                          Drewandian
                          Erin
                          Carl Binder
                          Lt.Col.JohnSheppard

Special Effects: Stargate Studios

Music: Fionnait
                          pkprd
                          Drewandian

Sorry. I know you hate GitM. We had a lot of mixed reaction here with that one so you're not alone. I don't think we'll have more than just the two Elizabeth's. Franibeth and the original. The real Elizabeth will definitely be made obvious before the season ends. And so will Sparky though I'm not sure we'll have RST. We don't want to write ourselves into a corner. Or argue with any actors who object. We want to drag the UST out to an excrusiating a painful level. We can always have an AU where they are together. And yes on more Lorne.

Can't wait to read. Come and join the fun.

What? Now you don't like my wedding idea? Do we just let them continue living in sin co-habitating happily? Maybe someone has an idea of what kind of joining ceremony the Athosians have.

I'm glad you're at work early today. We have to work on the budget. *sharpens pencil* Or better still. *sends Probie out to buy Quicken*. And BTW, we're throwing out all these blasted PC's and ordering Macs. Today. One more blue screen of death and I lose it. That little spinning beach ball of uh oh is much more fun and easier to get rid of. *waves to Eri*
                          *waves back* I still LOVE it! Even after looking at the first bill.

Ah. AUs with people together. So SG-1.

As far as what I write/suggest, it's all about working straight into, around, or through canon.

Comment

*waves back* I still LOVE it! Even after looking at the first bill.

Ah. AUs with people together. So SG-1.

As far as what I write/suggest, it's all about working straight into, around, or through canon.
                            Yeah, I know. I'm thinking we could easily get into trying to please everybody here. So we keep everything on a majority vote basis.

I encourage everyone to go join the community on LJ and then we can discuss more freely. I'm waiting for some of the fun we're having with the actors to get misunderstood. But, naively, I'm hoping that everyone understands even that is just pretend. Hey, I said I was naive.

And yes yes yes on the canon. You and I both are strictly canonites. Also I forgot to mention that any fics must have the characters stay in character according to canon. For example, John talking about his feelings must be rare and awkward. Ronon must stay wise and mostly cryptic. And McKay must still be neurotic. You all know I am the crack!queen, but this isn't the place for it. Though I am open to fics with alien induced OOC behavior. Limited of course. Eri is keeping all this together storywise so she must have the last word on storyline.

You know what I would like? Can someone do sigs for us? Something special incorporating some of our ideas for Sparky Season 6. That would be great and you'd get a cookie.
                            Last edited by Southern Red; 21 January 2010, 05:05 AM. Reason: forgot stuff
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

If I'm getting the general vibe from most people, they're not objecting to continuing canon. And the writers we have in here are incredibly talented
                              I'm ok with canon and my post didn't mean to be bashing.

So while you can be assured that Sparky will be found through all these fics, I personally object to confessions of love from them because that's not how they were in the show. I have no problem with getting them closer, but in the season where Elizabeth comes back from the dead I don't expect a Sparky wedding.
                              I surely don't want a wedding, but I'm not a fan of "will they/won't they" forever as we had for 10 damned seasons of SG1. At least I would like them to admit their feelings and choose not to act on them (we all know the reasons why).

Thanks for stating what you disagree with; I think that's how this is going to work--some ideas are going to be popular for many, but not everybody. We'll always go with majority.
                              And I said that I accept that ... but I also think it's not forbidden to voice an opinion.

I will say that from a personal perspective, though, I don't like to hear people spin negative and say "I don't care about this character".
                              I was not bashing Kate, I just was expressing the opinion (may I?) that I didn't find her to be an interesting character. And, considering Carson / Weir being back from the dead, it seems to me too much to bring everyone back from the dead. It's SciFi ok, but too much of resuscitation -IMHO- sucks.

Anyway, write it as the majority likes it, I will read it anyway and I'm sure I will enjoy the most of it.

Last request: Cadman!!! I think she was great and I would like to see her once again

Comment

I'm ok with canon and my post didn't mean to be bashing.

I surely don't want a wedding, but I'm not a fan of "will they/won't they" forever as we had for 10 damned seasons of SG1. At least I would like them to admit their feelings and choose not to act on them (we all know the reasons why).

And I said that I accept that ... but I also think it's not forbidden to voice an opinion.

I was not bashing Kate, I just was expressing the opinion (may I?) that I didn't find her to be an interesting character. And, considering Carson / Weir being back from the dead, it seems to me too much to bring everyone back from the dead. It's SciFi ok, but too much of resuscitation -IMHO- sucks.

Anyway, write it as the majority likes it, I will read it anyway and I'm sure I will enjoy the most of it.

Last request: Cadman!!! I think she was great and I would like to see her once again
                                You are welcome to voice any opinion you like. No one will disrespect anyone's opinions here so long as they are respectful, that's one of the best things about this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X