No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Hey everyone - I wasn't around last two days, now I'm finally cathcing up with this place!
    *glomps*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And get ready for some fans to declare the new books to be canon just because they like the plots. I've already seen items saying they will be canon but I can't find any official word that they are. Someone should ask Mallozzi though I doubt he knows because he doesn't have anything to do with them. In my mind nothing that doesn't get filmed and shown on TV is canon. And yes I will stick with that no matter what. Over all just how many people will actually read the books. I saw every Star Trek episode/movie ever made but never read one of the books. So I doubt they will be considered canon by most fans. At the most any of the books are just a higher level of fan fiction.
    Actually, in most fandoms it's standard procedure that if it's not on screen (whether spoken dialogue or visual cues), it's not canon, per the ruling of that TV show/movie's PTB. Star Trek is probably the best known example of this. There are other fandoms where secondary materials like novels are considered canon (like Babylon 5 and Star Wars), but that's only because the creators/PTB of those fandoms have made an official statement declaring such materials to be canon.

Stargate's PTB have publicly stated on more than one occasion (including Mallozzi on his blog) that the novels/audio dramas are NOT canon. And until they make an official statement rescinding that declaration, it'll stay that way, no matter what some fans may say. So if we don't like the way the novels go, we're free to ignore them.

Um, what books? I'm willing to bet that certain parts of the fandom don't read books. Well, maybe Twilight./snark If someone can consider those books canon, then I can conisder SK's Restoration canon and nobody will stop me from doing so. What? It's in character, it works within canon and it's amazingly written. Dare say it's worse than those SGA books out there.
    *blushes* Heehee! And the scary thing is, now I've got an idea for an AU of Restoration in which they never reestablished contact with Earth. Oh, what fun. *headdesk*

Restoration was amazing and I think I'll declare it canon. *waves wand*

Has everyone voted in this thread?
    It's certainly my canon! (Or at least, a slightly modified version of it is)

And yeah, I've voted.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Spoiler:
    That was a good eppy of Sanctuary. SK, you'd like Michael's role in it, it was great. And the first few lines he has with Magnus are priceless, as they're totally poking fun of the SG-1 connection. I think Shanks says something like--'wow, that's a new look for you' in reference to Magnus's dark hair.
    *cackles* Oh, that sounds like so much fun!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    I'll pick up the books if they include Elizabeth. That's pretty much it. I mean, the obvious advantage to books is that Elizabeth CAN come back, and if I were TPTB I'd take advantage of that. I mean, even looking at that little thread/poll SR referenced, you can see that bringing her back would be smart.

then again, not killing her off would have been smarter, so who am I kidding?
    True, that. Heck, the only reason why I got Angelus was because of the numerous references to Elizabeth even though she was gone. I haven't picked up Nightfall, the other post-Lifeline novel available, and I'm not going to.

True about the books. I certainly won't buy any of them unless I know the plot is not going to make my eyes bleed. And I loved Buffy but didn't even know there were comic books. Fandom tends to think it's the be all and end all but that ain't so. Well, except for us of course.
    Hah!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My next batch of post blizzard pics are up at my LJ. We shoveled our driveway and sidewalk and tomorrow have to do the rest of our part of the street. Unfortunately, we live on a private drive so the county doesn't plow down here. But it's a good way to meet the neighbors. And I was not amused that everyone out there shoveling was over 50 with at least 4 teenage boys nowhere to be found. What are young people coming to? You guys would have helped us shovel, right? If my kid was around, he would dang sure be shoveling. And I'd be inside making hot chocolate.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

My next batch of post blizzard pics are up at my LJ. We shoveled our driveway and sidewalk and tomorrow have to do the rest of our part of the street. Unfortunately, we live on a private drive so the county doesn't plow down here. But it's a good way to meet the neighbors. And I was not amused that everyone out there shoveling was over 50 with at least 4 teenage boys nowhere to be found. What are young people coming to? You guys would have helped us shovel, right? If my kid was around, he would dang sure be shoveling. And I'd be inside making hot chocolate.
        My hubby would've been out there shoveling too...up until my parents sold their house (next door) he'd shovel their walkway, sidewalk and our neighbor on the other side's sidewalk (he was an older man with some health issues). Now, our neighbors are all younger than I am so he just does our walk...

We did not get much snow...maybe 6 inches..but it sure is cold!
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

The Obsession List:

Spoiler:
          1. We are officially obsessed with John/Elizabeth when someone posts a pic with ice sculpture and we all see Sparky in it.
          2. .....when I see my boss and I wonder what he would think if I give him a hug.
          3. when every new song I hear turns into a Sparky fanmix in my head...
          4. When I look in a catalog at this year's collection of UGG boots and imagine John getting Elizabeth a pair of them for Christmas...
          5. When your XBOX gamer tag is Sparky4evr...
          6. When upon receiving your free copy of SIMS3, your first thought is "Oh, I can make Elizabeth and John and make them fall in love, get married and make Sparky bebbies!"
          7. When you write oodles of fanfiction fixing the mess on the show so that you can get John and Elizabeth together.
          8. When 98.9% of your sketchbook is filled with drawings of either Sparky or their kids.
          9. When you buy the John and Elizabeth action figures just to put them in... 'compromising positions.'
          10. When the majority of your conversations with your friends inevitably mention Sparky in some form or another
          11. When you look on various websites for mixed drinks for a "Sparky" cocktail. And find one.
          12. when you see the words sparky or John and Elizabeth in the same sentence.
          13. When you are reading a book about firetrucks to your kids and can't help but grin like an idiot when you read that the fire dog's name is...yup...you guessed it...SPARKY!
          14. When you name one of your hair colour mixes "Sparky Red".
          15. When your computer is a veritable shrine to Sparky: wallpaper, folders full of pics, artwork, more wallpapers, fanfics...
          16. When you drive by the local marina and giggle knowingly at a yacht named 'Sparky.'
          17. When you've worked out the only difference between your ex-principle and Elizabeth is that your principle doesn't have a Sedge, and you try to work out who John is.
          18. All of your favorite songs end up in your sparky fanfics, either as titles or quotes.
          19. When you read other couples fanfiction and substitute John and Liz to see if it would work.
          20. You read the Sparky Thread in the mornings instead of the news paper.
          21. You print out Sparky fanfiction so you can read it away from your computer.
          22. When this morning, you receive a call of Elizabeth from Atlantis and you can't stop smiling and imagine that there is maybe a John with her. But it was not the real Atlantis but just a name of a company and Elizabeth was the customer. (This is the second time this has happened)
          23. You see a carnival with a ferris wheel and you immediately think of John taking Elizabeth for a ride.
          24. Whenever you hear something else named Atlantis (Space Shuttles, Space Stations, ships, hotels, mythology) and you immediately make John & Elizabeth a part of the story.
          25. When every time you see a couple with UST in another show, you think that Joe and Torri could do it better.
          26. When asked what you would ask for if someone gave you a present and money wasn't an object, you immediately think of buying the rights to the franchise and making a movie so John and Elizabeth could get together.
          27. You wished you could've been at the Fourth of July parade where David Hewlett and his wife cosplayed as John and Elizabeth to see them in person.
          28. Red and black become your new favorite colors.
          29. While watching your most favorite Christmas movie of all time, you can't help but wanna see John and Elizabeth in the big, romantic dance scene instead of the actual characters
          30. You see kids playing with a dog that looks like Sedge and wonder if the kids are John and Elizabeth's.
          31. you see a copy of war and peace and you wonder if john has a picture of elizabeth in it. or they read it together and wrote notes on the side to discuss the current chapter they are one.
          32. Every time Joe or Torri guest stars in something other than SGA, you keep hoping to hear their characters give a closet Sparky mention.
          33....at night when you "daydream" about potential Sparky fic ideas as you drift off to sleep....hoping for good sparky dreams..
          34......when you have Sparky dreams more than 1 night a week....
          35. When you're secretly pleased by the fact that your hair color is caught somewhere in the middle between John and Elizabeth's.
          36. When you write Sparky fanfic anywhere, even in a doctor's waiting room.
          37. When while buying your Christmas tree you wonder if John and Elizabeth would have a live or artificial one and picture them arguing about it.
          38. When you're at a spin class, doing sprints, look down, see your seat is on the "E" setting and wonder "I wonder if John and/or Elizabeth would do this to keep in shape?"
          39. when you see a couple of young kids and the girl gives the boy a hug and the boy is shocked and you wonder if john and elizabeth did that if they ever met as kids.
          40. When you keep thinking about John and Elizabeth's favorite foods and you get the idea of doing an Atlantis cookbook. true story
          41. When you have a plan to break your tv (without your parents suspect you, of course) just to see eyes/sex in good quality
          42. When the first thing you think of when your TV dies is how much better Sparky will look on a new one.
          43. When the first thing you watch on your new HDTV is one of your favorite Sparky episodes.
          44. When you draw pictures of yourself with John and Elizabeth, just cause you love them so much.
          45. When watching the ep "Home", after Elizabeth says something's not 'right' after Simon kisses her, you literally yell at the TV "That's because he's not John!"
          46. You get a tattoo and wonder if John or Elizabeth has one.
          47. You see a pendant that looks kinda-sorta like a stargate, and you think it would make a great present for John to give to Elizabeth.
          48. You see a messy haired baby and think of Sparky babiez.
          49. You begin thinking up new ideas to do 'manips' using them
          50. You hear a song on the radio, and wonder if it would go well with a Sparky vid
          51. You wonder if Elizabeth and John would go clothes shopping together and what kind of goofy fun they could get into
          52. Seeing an ad for Christmas pajamas with candy canes on them makes you think about Sparky and gives you a smutty plot bunny.
          53. Upon getting a Wii for Christmas you and your hubby look at each other and say, at the same time, "We can make John and Elizabeth Mii's"
          54. You go to Disneyland, and while watching the Christmas fireworks show, they start playing 'I'll Be Home For Christmas,' and you think about how John and Lizzie won't be together for Christmas.
          55. You and your fellow Sparkies come up with themes for every day of the week on what to discuss/fic/picspam about John and Elizabeth.
          56. When getting ready for a night out a karaoke, you look at the Sparky Song List and pick songs from there to sing.
          57. When your friends know your obsession enough to give you an absolutely amazing drawing of John and Elizabeth (that kissing manip I did) for a Christmas present.
          58. And when you scream (really) and sink to the floor in happiness when you open said present.
          59. You check the thread at least once every hour, eagerly awaiting the moment when the thread hits a new post milestone.
          60. You sing "Something to Talk About" at karaoke and almost start to giggle at the line "Stand just a little too close" because it makes you think of Sparky (well...I wanted to giggle at pretty much the whole song...)

61. All this talk about blizzards and getting snowed in makes you want to read/write some fic about John and Lizzie cooped up in a cozy cabin during a snow storm.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
            My hubby would've been out there shoveling too...up until my parents sold their house (next door) he'd shovel their walkway, sidewalk and our neighbor on the other side's sidewalk (he was an older man with some health issues). Now, our neighbors are all younger than I am so he just does our walk...

We did not get much snow...maybe 6 inches..but it sure is cold!
            It actually got above freezing here. And yep, back a few years ago we had elderly neighbors and my husband and the guy next door took turns doing their yard and shoveling. When our son and our old neighbors' kids were little we had them all out doing whatever they could to help, but new neighbors have moved in with lazy children. Which is unfortunate since soon we will be the elderly ones. LOL We used to pay a guy to plow us out but he has retired. Gotta find a new snow guy. I mean, come on, I'm not even sore. It was easy work and good for you.
            sigpic

Comment

It actually got above freezing here. And yep, back a few years ago we had elderly neighbors and my husband and the guy next door took turns doing their yard and shoveling. When our son and our old neighbors' kids were little we had them all out doing whatever they could to help, but new neighbors have moved in with lazy children. Which is unfortunate since soon we will be the elderly ones. LOL We used to pay a guy to plow us out but he has retired. Gotta find a new snow guy. I mean, come on, I'm not even sore. It was easy work and good for you.
              Last January, hubby spent a month training National Guard units who were preparing to deploy to Iraq and was staying about five hours away from home...of course that's when it decided to really snow, and I did the shoveling. All by my little self. It wasn't a big deal (although hubby felt bad that he wasn't here to do it)....

Kids are just lazy these days (with any luck, my kids won't be)
              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
              sigpic

Comment

*peeks in* It is nice to hear that people still take care of each other. When my parents lived in a neighborhood, the neighbors all shoveled them out (they were in their late 70s) and kept an eye on them for us. Now my niece lives in my parents' house and she had to do all the shoveling on her own. (not gonna comment on her husband...probably why the neighbors didn't help)

John and Elizabeth prompt......fireplace, black and red checked fleece blanket, snow cones and wet socks *sigh* lovely images.
                sigpic

Comment

Heee, Mr 'Nuna was doing the showeling today, i was housecleaning. Yes, I know, blasphemy. But it had to be done today, because I was stuck in snow struck Zagreb yesterday, and next week is going to be too crazy and I'll be lucky if I have enough time to eat and go to bathroom. I'm not sure I'll ahve time to sleep.

Guys, i'm giving you the heads up for the Sparky Santa - expect new sparky fics posted at Christmas and during the following twelve days! I know for certain we will have great fics to read this year! I personally can't wait!
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Thanks for the images Pocus. Here's some inspiration of a different sort. I wonder if this seems pervy? Nah.

Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the images Pocus. Here's some inspiration of a different sort. I wonder if this seems pervy? Nah.

Spoiler:
                      *DIEZ*

Spoiler:
                      How about John Sheppard in his boxers only? LOL.

And

Spoiler:
                      if the "little" troubles you, you can put "pretty" in that sopt

Now you're making me want to write my rockstar AU. I need to send them to some classy party, so John can complain about the tux and Elizabeth can fix his bow tie
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

hey guys, lots of snow here, too. Been busy with birthday party and bf visiting.

Um, what books? I'm willing to bet that certain parts of the fandom don't read books. Well, maybe Twilight./snark If someone can consider those books canon, then I can conisder SK's Restoration canon and nobody will stop me from doing so. What? It's in character, it works within canon and it's amazingly written. Dare say it's worse than those SGA books out there.
                        well, i do read books, just not stargate-books.

ever since i've watched hogfather, images like this trigger memories of nobby on death's knee.

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Heee, Mr 'Nuna was doing the showeling today, i was housecleaning. Yes, I know, blasphemy. But it had to be done today, because I was stuck in snow struck Zagreb yesterday, and next week is going to be too crazy and I'll be lucky if I have enough time to eat and go to bathroom. I'm not sure I'll ahve time to sleep.

Guys, i'm giving you the heads up for the Sparky Santa - expect new sparky fics posted at Christmas and during the following twelve days! I know for certain we will have great fics to read this year! I personally can't wait!
                          Yay, Sparky Santa! I can't wait, either!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...oeSantatux.jpg
                          Nah, that's not pervy...

*DIEZ*

Spoiler:
                          How about John Sheppard in his boxers only? LOL.
                          Now that's pervy! In a good way, of course...

And

Spoiler:
                          if the "little" troubles you, you can put "pretty" in that sopt
                          Muahahaha!

Now you're making me want to write my rockstar AU. I need to send them to some classy party, so John can complain about the tux and Elizabeth can fix his bow tie
                          *flails and squees* Oh, that would be so cool! New Year's Eve, while they're working on the album? Or just after the album's finished? Yes, I am so trying to be an enabler, here.

Comment

Dropping off an early Christmas present to you all.
                            I actually made this last year at Christmas, but I didn't know how to upload it then, so I'm doing it now.
                            It's a slideshow. A Sparky Christmas. Enjoy!
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              Dropping off an early Christmas present to you all.
                              I actually made this last year at Christmas, but I didn't know how to upload it then, so I'm doing it now.
                              It's a slideshow. A Sparky Christmas. Enjoy!
                              It's beautiful!

And you made it for last year? Wow! But it really goes nicely with your new Sparky and a tree banner.

Comment

the only thing that really kinda put me off SK's restoration was the whole John and Elizabeth Telekensis thing where they can read each other's mind. that was just odd. other than that it was good it was really good.

Comment

Working...
                                X