Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    You know, if English wasn't my first language I'd probably be terrified of it. I mean there are all these ridiculous grammatical rules that are only followed some of the time. I mean whos' idea was that?
    I'm terrified of any language that's not English. And the only rule in English that's never broken is that there is no rule that's never broken. I used to tell my classes that just to watch their little heads explode.

I just love words like sew, sow and so. A game we played in English class was take this word ghoti and explain how it can be pronounced as fish.

Spoiler:
    gh as in enough, o as in women, and ti as in nation. That gives you fish.
    LOL

Have fun at the convention SK. We'll be waiting for your report. Take lots of pics.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

HELLO EVERYONE! LONG TIME NO SEE! I know its been a while, no wait let me rephrase that, A LONG WHILE. Sorry for being absent, you can blame my school and my latest obsession with Harry Potter. For about a month now, I've been reading the books, watching the movies, and even going as far as reading HP fic. But I've been lurking sometimes during the weekend and I'm REALLY sorry for not saying hello then. Got too much weekend work, but I've always been thinking about Sparky, even though I feel like I abandoned you guys with school and my latest obsession with You-Know-What Movies Again I'm so sorry

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
        HELLO EVERYONE! LONG TIME NO SEE! I know its been a while, no wait let me rephrase that, A LONG WHILE. Sorry for being absent, you can blame my school and my latest obsession with Harry Potter. For about a month now, I've been reading the books, watching the movies, and even going as far as reading HP fic. But I've been lurking sometimes during the weekend and I'm REALLY sorry for not saying hello then. Got too much weekend work, but I've always been thinking about Sparky, even though I feel like I abandoned you guys with school and my latest obsession with You-Know-What Movies Again I'm so sorry
        Hi! Welcome back! I don't think we've actually met....I'm a little new in this thread...

and yay! another HP fan (I'm a little obsessed with that too )!!!!
        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
        sigpic

Comment

Where are my sparky friends? I missed alot on the downturn Going back, being a poli sci major, writing skills were a must. Of course APA and fictional writing are different animals. I could've had another English minor, but I refused to take Shakespeare because I'd rather have a hole in my head that read that boring drivel.

Eri, I think I may abuse the complex sentence. Probie you WERE my homie! No homie of mine would ever bad mouth the sport that ruined my knees! *Takes deep breath* Ok, you're my still my homie. I may be biased, I played football. Real men play defense by the way.

SR and SK "ship" does not mean exclusively sex for us men. Revealing this secret will get me kicked out of the Fraternal Order of Men, therefore; I shall use a spoiler.

Spoiler:
          We focus on sex in relationships because we can not verbalize deeper emotional connections. And we men are stupid.

SR you know, I'm sure your hubby knew it was a curtain rod and not a stick. Just like how we don't know where the pots and pans are, separate colors form whites, iron, that you cleaned, changed your hair, etc. At the mill we call it, "dumb like a fox."

ETA: I also have mathmatical proof women are evil
          Last edited by pkprd869; 06 November 2009, 06:23 PM.
          "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

hey pkprd...i'm lurking around...reading some interesting fics...trying to do some writing....
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
              hey pkprd...i'm lurking around...reading some interesting fics...trying to do some writing....
              Well... ok. I have to rotate onto midnights tomorrow. So I gotta stay up late. Had a rough one at the mill (we did it ourselves) *bounces away to make some coffee*

In the mean time maybe my first song fic *angst warning* can hold you over.

Spoiler:
              Girl on My Mind

John Sheppard stood on the balcony gazing at the moon and stars over Atlantis. Another mission come and gone. Another planet come and gone. Another woman come and gone. John’s mind drifted to a special woman that left him.

Oh, girl on my mind
              please come back to me
              I love you with all my heart
              with you I want to be

McKay would always make jokes about his philandering ways. Until she left, the “Kirk” references never bothered him. John would never let it show, but now the comments felt like slaps in the face. He pondered why his heart would hurt for that woman. “Did she leave me, or did I leave her?” John questioned. He would be content just to have that special woman around tonight.

I want you to be near me
              is that too much to ask
              oh, girl on my mind
              please say you will be mine

All the regrets played themselves out like an old black and white movie in front of John Sheppard. The hands they could never hold. The kiss they could never share. The words they could never say. John thought about what he would say if he ever saw her again.

You're the one and the only
              you are mine to have and to love
              no one could ask for more
              you're mine to adore

“What would she say?” John wondered as he leaned on the railing of the balcony. He thought she would feel the same way. The looks, the silent communication, and the trust they shared. But John Sheppard still was unsure if his feelings were shared.

Girl on my mind

John smiled viewing the memories they shared. The little quarks she had to her. The way her brow would raise as the subtle hint she was teasing. How her head would tilt slightly when something caught her attention. And her smile. He rarely saw her really smile. But that smile said so many things to him.

you're mine to adore

Now the balcony felt so... solitary. The place that was refuge for John became a prison. “A jail cell with a view,” John let a rueful grin out. “Prison is too cynical. More like a... sanctuary,” John needed to be optimistic. Their balcony became a place where all the things he tried to hide could be let loose. John’s memories of Elizabeth could be unlocked from his mind.

Girl on my mind

Comment

Hi! Welcome back! I don't think we've actually met....I'm a little new in this thread...

and yay! another HP fan (I'm a little obsessed with that too )!!!!
                I'm not sure if we actually met either, anyway it is a honor to meet you Well actually I was not a die hard HP fan until pretty much recently. Before that I so-so with HP. MAJOR HP: DEATHLY HALLOWS SPOILER, DON'T WANT TO KNOW, DON'T READ!!!
                Spoiler:
                And I can't believe Lupin is being killed off in the last book, I actually liked him. This is what usually happens when one my favorite characters gets killed off or worse. Though unlike Elizabeth, he gets married to another one of my favorite characters and have a son to carry on his legacy. So at least I should be happy at that

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                  Well... ok. I have to rotate onto midnights tomorrow. So I gotta stay up late. Had a rough one at the mill (we did it ourselves) *bounces away to make some coffee*

In the mean time maybe my first song fic *angst warning* can hold you over.

Spoiler:
                  Girl on My Mind

John Sheppard stood on the balcony gazing at the moon and stars over Atlantis. Another mission come and gone. Another planet come and gone. Another woman come and gone. John’s mind drifted to a special woman that left him.

Oh, girl on my mind
                  please come back to me
                  I love you with all my heart
                  with you I want to be

McKay would always make jokes about his philandering ways. Until she left, the “Kirk” references never bothered him. John would never let it show, but now the comments felt like slaps in the face. He pondered why his heart would hurt for that woman. “Did she leave me, or did I leave her?” John questioned. He would be content just to have that special woman around tonight.

I want you to be near me
                  is that too much to ask
                  oh, girl on my mind

All the regrets played themselves out like an old black and white movie in front of John Sheppard. The hands they could never hold. The kiss they could never share. The words they could never say. John thought about what he would say if he ever saw her again.

you're mine to adore

“What would she say?” John wondered as he leaned on the railing of the balcony. He thought she would feel the same way. The looks, the silent communication, and the trust they shared. But John Sheppard still was unsure if his feelings were shared.

Girl on my mind

John smiled viewing the memories they shared. The little quarks she had to her. The way her brow would raise as the subtle hint she was teasing. How her head would tilt slightly when something caught her attention. And her smile. He rarely saw her really smile. But that smile said so many things to him.

you're mine to adore

Now the balcony felt so... solitary. The place that was refuge for John became a prison. “A jail cell with a view,” John let a rueful grin out. “Prison is too cynical. More like a... sanctuary,” John needed to be optimistic. Their balcony became a place where all the things he tried to hide could be let loose. John’s memories of Elizabeth could be unlocked from his mind.

Girl on my mind

*sniff* beautiful! what song is that?
                  midnights? ick

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                  I'm not sure if we actually met either, anyway it is a honor to meet you Well actually I was not a die hard HP fan until pretty much recently. Before that I so-so with HP. MAJOR HP: DEATHLY HALLOWS SPOILER, DON'T WANT TO KNOW, DON'T READ!!!
                  Spoiler:
                  And I can't believe Lupin is being killed off in the last book, I actually liked him. This is what usually happens when one my favorite characters gets killed off or worse. Though unlike Elizabeth, he gets married to another one of my favorite characters and have a son to carry on his legacy. So at least I should be happy at that
                  It's nice to meet you too!
                  I don't know how far you are into DH, but there was a lot in that book that threw me for a loop!
                  sigpic

Comment

*sniff* beautiful! what song is that?
                    midnights? ick

snippy snip
                    I typically don't like ballads but this one is pretty good, Girl on My Mind. Just a fella and his guitar, lamenting over his girl.

I like midnights.

Comment

I typically don't like ballads but this one is pretty good, Girl on My Mind. Just a fella and his guitar, lamenting over his girl.

I like midnights.
                      In my past life, you know, B.K. (before kids) I wouldn't have minded midnights, I'm a night owl as it is...but there's no way I could do it now...
                      sigpic

Comment

In my past life, you know, B.K. (before kids) I wouldn't have minded midnights, I'm a night owl as it is...but there's no way I could do it now...
                        I feel ya, when my dad died this past March my mom got a job as a CNA on midnights. Nights wore her out. I hope you liked the song.

Comment

I feel ya, when my dad died this past March my mom got a job as a CNA on midnights. Nights wore her out. I hope you liked the song.
                          I love Buddy Holly! (hubby just gave me a funny look though lol)
                          sigpic

Comment

I love Buddy Holly! (hubby just gave me a funny look though lol)
                            I like plenty of other music, Ac/DC, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Reba, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Elvis, the Rat Pack, Styx, Sabbath, Led Zepplin, but they don't make for easy song fics. But Buddy is my favorite musician. Since the hubby gave a funny look, ask him who he lies. I bet you can say Buddy Holly is better and he can't argue.

Comment

I like plenty of other music, Ac/DC, ZZ Top, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Reba, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Elvis, the Rat Pack, Styx, Sabbath, Led Zepplin, but they don't make for easy song fics. But Buddy is my favorite musician. Since the hubby gave a funny look, ask him who he lies. I bet you can say Buddy Holly is better and he can't argue.
                              Hubby and I both have very eclectic tastes in music...but he does tend to steer clear of "oldies"...and he doesn't like much of my chick rock or '80s music lol

I started a list of "song fic songs" on my livejournal page....talk about eclectic!
                              sigpic

Comment

Hubby and I both have very eclectic tastes in music...but he does tend to steer clear of "oldies"...and he doesn't like much of my chick rock or '80s music lol

I started a list of "song fic songs" on my livejournal page....talk about eclectic!
                                We all have our tastes. I'm not one for emo, rap, and techno, but I appreciate the talents they have. I'm sensitive on this but I don't consider Buddy Holly oldies. Classic without question. One of Rock'n'Roll's first guitar heroes. Just remember, if anyone likes The Beatles, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, John Mellancamp, The Who, Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Waylon Jennings, Joan Jett, Queen, The Boss, or any other band that uses a lead guitar, rhythm guitar, bass, and drums, they have been affected by Buddy Holly and the Crickets. Whew, back to writing.
                                Last edited by pkprd869; 06 November 2009, 07:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X