Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I close my eyes and sing Kumbaya during That Part.

Ah...
    Spoiler:
    The anti-Twilight one.
    I'm just gonna hafta make sure I have lots of tissues handy....
    Spoiler:
    OIC... thanks!
    My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
      personally, i think russian and other eastern European languages sound harsher. But Bf and i have both been abroad and everytime non-german speakers overheard us on the phone they would ask if we had a fight *lol*

As to Sunday, i'm not too fond of it because of carson. And the exploding tumours make me laugh every time, despite the tragedy.
      I agree with you about Eastern European languages--it's more me, I'd mangle the language. My foreign language background is Spanish, so we like our vowels. I'm having a hard time with some french pronunciation, though if I look at it I think I'll be okay. But like a few days ago in the car:

Narrator: You may have noticed that for masculine words, the word for the is 'Le' and for feminine words, the word for the is 'La'. You'll also notice that the word for 'a' in the masculine form is "Un" and the word for 'a' in the feminine is 'Une'. Try saying that by repeating after the native speakers.
      Narrator: How do you say: 'a car?"
      Eri: Ooon voiture
      Native speaker 1: Ewnnnn voiture
      Narrator: How do you say "a truck"
      Eri: Oooon camion
      Native Speaker 2: Ehhnn (Un) camion
      Eri: Sheesh
      Narrator: How do you say 'a house'
      Eri: Ewwwnnnnn maison
      NS2: Ewwwwwwnn (Une) maison
      Eri: YES!
      Narrator: How do you say 'a bike?'
      Eri: Oooon Velo
      NS1: Ehhn Velo
      Eri: ENNNNNNNNN velo.

Narrator: Good! Now try these with Le and la. How do you say "The Car?"
      Eri: (she has this one!): LA voiture!
      NS1: La Voiture
      Narrator: How do you say "The Truck?"
      Eri: LAY Camion
      NS2: Luh Camion
      Eri: Damnittttt!
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        On Roslin. [snip] Yes, she is a capable leader and a damn good politician, but she's a biotch and that's it.
        She was a school teacher thrust into the position of President of the Colonies. Because she so happened to be the nth-member in line to the "throne" if anything should happen to the actual President (got killed during Cylon-attack on Caprica). Plus suffering a life-threatening illness.

I don't see the B-word in Roslin at all. She did her job to survive, what she thought was right in her eyes, and right for the fleet, in order to survive and find the Lost Colony. Adama was her right-hand military man, and the one to occasionally put her back on the ground with both her feet.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I agree with you about Eastern European languages--it's more me, I'd mangle the language. My foreign language background is Spanish, so we like our vowels. I'm having a hard time with some french pronunciation, though if I look at it I think I'll be okay. But like a few days ago in the car:
          I started college as a Secondary Spanish Education major ( I changed my major after three semesters though)...I can handle Spanish - it make sense to me (even though they have a million ways to conjugate their verbs! ). I like the "romantic" languages, would love to learn Latin...

French intimidates me, German scares the crap outta me....
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Lol
            You have good answers.
            The most difficult english words for a french is "bathroom". The "th" is impossible for us especially with this word. When we learnt the different rooms in a house during english class, there were many "postilions" and "swearwords". It was not good to see.lol
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

You know, if English wasn't my first language I'd probably be terrified of it. I mean there are all these ridiculous grammatical rules that are only followed some of the time. I mean whos' idea was that?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                You know, if English wasn't my first language I'd probably be terrified of it. I mean there are all these ridiculous grammatical rules that are only followed some of the time. I mean whos' idea was that?
                ITA...I feel bad for my 5 yo because he's starting to learn to read and the rules of English are insane!

tee hee and I love when my 3 yo tells me that he "goed" there yesterday
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                  I started college as a Secondary Spanish Education major ( I changed my major after three semesters though)...I can handle Spanish - it make sense to me (even though they have a million ways to conjugate their verbs! ). I like the "romantic" languages, would love to learn Latin...

French intimidates me, German scares the crap outta me....
                  ow.... Why?

Spanish is a beautiful language but when I was in spanish class, I talked in portuguese and with my parents in spanish. I was lost.lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    And a list of verbs to learn.

Choose chose chosen
                    draw drew drawn
                    fall fell fallen
                    40 verbs and each morning we had a test about them. Bad souvenir.
                    sigpic

Comment

Hee, try learning Croatian - an alphabet which is based in Latin alphabet, but has its own letters too, rich system of inflection, with nouns, pronouns, adjective, even numerals, and you get to conjugate verbs for tenses and person. Nuouns are declined through seven cases. Are you scared yet?
                      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Hee, try learning Croatian - an alphabet which is based in Latin alphabet, but has its own letters too, rich system of inflection, with nouns, pronouns, adjective, even numerals, and you get to conjugate verbs for tenses and person. Nuouns are declined through seven cases. Are you scared yet?
                        Yes a little....

Time to go to bed. See you tomorrow. Good convention, SK.
                        sigpic

Comment

Woooo, good convention, SK!
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

LOL! Hell yeah, I'm scared!

I have a great deal of respect for Elizabeth... knows five languages? (and that's just when she's introduced in SG-1. She learned Ancient and deciphered Wraith in Atlantis.) That's mad skillz.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            Yes a little....

Time to go to bed. See you tomorrow. Good convention, SK.
                            Woooo, good convention, SK!
                            *runs around in circles, alternately squeeing and freaking out* I'm so excited!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Annnnd... Sunday is rerunning on SyFy right now.

Ow! Damn, Teyla, you're gonna need more than a Band-Aid for that one! Someone call a medic!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ack! It's Mike! And he's trying to do eye!sex with Lizzie and it's So. Not. Happening!

Comment

Working...
                                X