Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Probie View Post
    Woolsey is a great leader here.
    John and Elizabeth share intense looks. I don’t search for pictures because I don’t have time but you understand me. Maybe I will or you will do this later.lol
    Elizabeth's office: (Yes it's her office)
    Mom: “Yes let her to do what she wants. She will have her real body. She will happy. John will be happy. Everybody will happy and the end.”
    Me for myself: “I have to leave this room before the end of this episode.”lol
    Corridor:
    “SHEPPARD: Or what if one of them decides to stay? (Richard looks at him, knowing which one he's referring to.)”
    Mom: “He wants to keep her. I want to see what will happen after this. I think I start to like this season.”
    Me for myself: “Ok the door is too far from me. She will understand that something horrible will happen. The window is near from me but it’s risky…Stay quiet and smile.”lol
    Later with Koracen, John and Elizabeth:“SHEPPARD: You may still think that you're Elizabeth, but you're not.”
    Mom: “ow, this isn’t nice for her. She’s hurt.”
    She saved him.
    Last scene:
    Mom: “If I understand correctly, she goes on a new planet. So we have a chance to see her again. The real one will be good.”
    Me for myself: “Window or mom…Window seems less risky.”lol
    THE LOOK between John and Elizabeth let my mom speechless.
    Big silence
    Mom was focus on the episode. When she saw John sad and alone and Elizabeth in space, she was shocked.
    End of episode
    And big scream “WHAT? OH NO NO NO NO!!!!” It was my mom, not me. “Oh NO!!! It can’t be the end. Oh come guys. Who wrote this? We have a beautiful confirmation of their feelings at the end of this episode with their look and we have what…. Elizabeth floating in space? It's a joke. Tell me she will be back.”
    Me: *small voice* no…
    Mom: Ok they screwed the show until the end. Ok they can’t put Elizabeth and John together. I can understand but….please don’t kill her like that. They can’t let her in space. She saves their lives more than once and they let her like this? I can’t believe this. No one will take a jumper and just take her?” and blablabla…She talked a lot. She was really angry.

    Conclusion:
    She hates and likes this episode (I think like everybody).

    We all loved it thanks to John and Elizabeth (I add Rodney because I really love him here) but we hated it because of the end. Not a conclusion for Elizabeth.

    I think my mom won't watch an episode of SGA soon.lol
    I don't think I'm even going to TRY And top that recap of GITM. Your Dad's reaction was hysterical AND perfect--explaining John's feelings. And I love how your Mom was left speechless and then angry. That was certainly my reaction.

    I'm glad you are alive and unharmed. Tengo miedo que vas a volar de la ventana.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

    Comment


      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Thanks for the recap. This was your best yet. I think we all agree with your mom. It was a love/hate relationship with GitM. It helps only a little to remember all the non-shippers who agree with us after this one. I think we got our confirmation of deep feelings between them. And as someone said who's a secret Sparky, if you didn't think John Sheppard cared about Elizabeth Weir before, you certainly do now. Whether it's love or not is arguable but there's no doubt he cared for her.
      Thank you. I should take a look on the GITM thread to see the reactions.

      Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I don't think I'm even going to TRY And top that recap of GITM. Your Dad's reaction was hysterical AND perfect--explaining John's feelings. And I love how your Mom was left speechless and then angry. That was certainly my reaction.

      I'm glad you are alive and unharmed. Tengo miedo que vas a volar de la ventana.
      Thank you!
      My dad asked me not to put his explanation in the report. He was ashamed.lol I love this little girl. Yes my dad.lol
      For my mom...pfiou. I have to make a movie with her. Her scream at the end of GITM scared me. I thought "Ok you're a dead woman."lol
      The first time I saw my mom so passionate for a SGA episode. She was sad, angry, speechless..she laughed sometimes. And a lot of silence for this episode.
      sigpic
      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        And wet!Shep. Plus mom and dad take the kids on a trip.

        Thanks for the recap. This was your best yet. I think we all agree with your mom. It was a love/hate relationship with GitM. It helps only a little to remember all the non-shippers who agree with us after this one. I think we got our confirmation of deep feelings between them. And as someone said who's a secret Sparky, if you didn't think John Sheppard cared about Elizabeth Weir before, you certainly do now. Whether it's love or not is arguable but there's no doubt he cared for her.
        Yeah, given his reaction in Adrift, how could you not think he cared, if not romantically, at least deeply? With GITM, the depth of that caring certainly shone through, and it was shot into perspective by the fact we hadn't had Elizabeth for a season, so people had had time to digest Elizabeth-less Shep for a while.

        What's unique about GITM is that most people who acknowledged that 'yeah, they really did have a connection' acknowledge it after an episode that used a different actress. Which speaks well for the history of the character connection as well as the performances. Joe was fantastic. Michelle was great, too, though her part was to channel Torri--the true fan reaction was based on the previous relationship established between Sheppard and Weir. If people saw a strong bond or connection between them in GITM, it's because that bond was established prior, and the drama of the story/character reactions re-emphasized it. And Joe and Michelle performed it so well, it didn't feel odd or weird--their reactions, looks, stares, etc all fit.

        Enough to make many of the fans speechless with that final shared look, no matter which actress you prefer.

        Spoiler:






        Originally posted by Probie View Post
        Thank you. I should take a look on the GITM thread to see the reactions.

        Thank you!
        My dad asked me not to put his explanation in the report. He was ashamed.lol I love this little girl. Yes my dad.lol
        For my mom...pfiou. I have to make a movie with her. Her scream at the end of GITM scared me. I thought "Ok you're a dead woman."lol
        The first time I saw my mom so passionate for a SGA episode. She was sad, angry, speechless..she laughed sometimes. And a lot of silence for this episode.
        Your Mom was my reaction, too. I was all mixed up. I felt weird about it not being Torri and yet kinda glad because Torri doing some of that stuff would have been hard to watch (though seeing her forehead-stab Koracen to save John would have kicked ***).

        When they gated Elizabeth, I seriously stared at the TV for about five minutes. I couldn't fully appreciate John's sad face, I was like WTF THEY JUST SPACEGATED ELIZABETH!!

        The ONLY thing that spared my television getting stuff hurled at it was the notion that her being gated as a replicator meant that she was still alive. She's in space-stasis. *LOL* But at least they didn't completely kill her off, have her get shot by an ARG or something horrific like that. Leave it to Binder to give us an ending full of pathos but still open-ended.
        Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

        Comment


          And can I add that this picture...

          Spoiler:




          ...knocks me ded about everytime? I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you the first time around, Joe, I was screaming at the television about Elizabeth's 'fate' but now I appreciate you and you break my heart.

          Seriously, is there EVER a time he looks more empty? (BTW, this look directly inspired the line in Bambina about 'lost a part of his soul'.)

          Stoopid PTW! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND GET RID OF HER!!

          *pouts*

          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

          Comment


            thanks Erin13 for the bday comment. and thanks for the comment on then new Avatar

            Comment


              Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
              Yeah, given his reaction in Adrift, how could you not think he cared, if not romantically, at least deeply? With GITM, the depth of that caring certainly shone through, and it was shot into perspective by the fact we hadn't had Elizabeth for a season, so people had had time to digest Elizabeth-less Shep for a while.

              What's unique about GITM is that most people who acknowledged that 'yeah, they really did have a connection' acknowledge it after an episode that used a different actress. Which speaks well for the history of the character connection as well as the performances. Joe was fantastic. Michelle was great, too, though her part was to channel Torri--the true fan reaction was based on the previous relationship established between Sheppard and Weir. If people saw a strong bond or connection between them in GITM, it's because that bond was established prior, and the drama of the story/character reactions re-emphasized it. And Joe and Michelle performed it so well, it didn't feel odd or weird--their reactions, looks, stares, etc all fit.

              Enough to make many of the fans speechless with that final shared look, no matter which actress you prefer.

              Spoiler:








              Your Mom was my reaction, too. I was all mixed up. I felt weird about it not being Torri and yet kinda glad because Torri doing some of that stuff would have been hard to watch (though seeing her forehead-stab Koracen to save John would have kicked ***).

              When they gated Elizabeth, I seriously stared at the TV for about five minutes. I couldn't fully appreciate John's sad face, I was like WTF THEY JUST SPACEGATED ELIZABETH!!

              The ONLY thing that spared my television getting stuff hurled at it was the notion that her being gated as a replicator meant that she was still alive. She's in space-stasis. *LOL* But at least they didn't completely kill her off, have her get shot by an ARG or something horrific like that. Leave it to Binder to give us an ending full of pathos but still open-ended.
              Oh this look....
              We all have the same reaction. The first time I watched GITM, my friend was scared. When I understood that it was the last episode of Elizabeth (by the way i love the term "spacegated"lol), I was yelling at my TV.lol But I stopped when i saw the face of John.
              It would be so cool and sad at the same time to see Torri in it but Michelle did a great job.
              And to finish, I'm in love with Carl Binder. This writer is awesome. You can hate or love his episodes. He always manages to touch people.
              He leaves no one indifferent. There is always an important moment for the character in his episodes. Something that makes them grow. Ok I talk like a girl too. Daddy, I'm ready to speak with you about hair.lol I hope you understand what I want to say.lol
              And my last comment....I promise.lol My mom doesn't understand why they don't keep Michelle or why they don't give more episodes for Torri. She said "They is a lot of things to write about Elizabeth. They can play with the fact that she's a threat. It would be interesting to see her rejected by her old team for some episodes. They can't trust her but they need her for a mission...Damn I'm not a writer but there is a potential here."
              She's still angry.lol
              sigpic
              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

              Comment


                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                Geeze, is it just me, or is anyone else having a b***h of a time trying to get on the forum today? This is the second or third time in a month! Definitely time for GW to get a more robust server...

                Probie! Glad to see you survived watching GitM with your mom!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                  Geeze, is it just me, or is anyone else having a b***h of a time trying to get on the forum today? This is the second or third time in a month! Definitely time for GW to get a more robust server...

                  Probie! Glad to see you survived watching GitM with your mom!
                  No. I have the same problem. Ten minutes to come here.
                  And this afternoon, GW didn't recognize me. My password was right but GW didn't want me.lol

                  And Yes I'm happy to be alive.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                    Geeze, is it just me, or is anyone else having a b***h of a time trying to get on the forum today? This is the second or third time in a month! Definitely time for GW to get a more robust server...

                    Probie! Glad to see you survived watching GitM with your mom!
                    Yeah, it's been down.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

                    Comment


                      The forum's back up for the moment... let's see how long it lasts this time...

                      Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      No. I have the same problem. Ten minutes to come here.
                      And this afternoon, GW didn't recognize me. My password was right but GW didn't want me.lol

                      And Yes I'm happy to be alive.
                      Ten minutes? Gah!

                      Heh, looks like the body armor came in handy.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        The forum's back up for the moment... let's see how long it lasts this time...



                        Ten minutes? Gah!

                        Heh, looks like the body armor came in handy.
                        Yes 10 minutes but I was talking with a friend when I was waiting for GW.lol
                        I keep the body armor. Maybe she will beat me later. I have to say that my mom is not violent.lol
                        She can't stop talking about GITM when she sees me.
                        Mom:"Do you realize John didn't say goodbye to her again?"
                        Me: "Yes mom. I know. Can you let me...."
                        Mom: "Why they don't let her on the show? She was great."
                        Me: "Why you don't let me alone? There is a lot of questions without answers..."lol

                        I tried to escape her. Even my dad tried to escape her.lol
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          Yes 10 minutes but I was talking with a friend when I was waiting for GW.lol
                          I keep the body armor. Maybe she will beat me later. I have to say that my mom is not violent.lol
                          She can't stop talking about GITM when she sees me.
                          Mom:"Do you realize John didn't say goodbye to her again?"
                          Me: "Yes mom. I know. Can you let me...."
                          Mom: "Why they don't let her on the show? She was great."
                          Me: "Why you don't let me alone? There is a lot of questions without answers..."lol

                          I tried to escape her. Even my dad tried to escape her.lol
                          *cracks up* You're mom's obsessed! But then... so are we. LOL!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Just a quick vid rec.

                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6CGu2ZxZs

                            *sneaks out*

                            ! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                            I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                            Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              Woolsey is a great leader here.
                              John and Elizabeth share intense looks. I don’t search for pictures because I don’t have time but you understand me. Maybe I will or you will do this later.lol
                              Elizabeth's office: (Yes it's her office)
                              Mom: “Yes let her to do what she wants. She will have her real body. She will happy. John will be happy. Everybody will happy and the end.”
                              Me for myself: “I have to leave this room before the end of this episode.”lol
                              Corridor:
                              “SHEPPARD: Or what if one of them decides to stay? (Richard looks at him, knowing which one he's referring to.)”
                              Mom: “He wants to keep her. I want to see what will happen after this. I think I start to like this season.”
                              Me for myself: “Ok the door is too far from me. She will understand that something horrible will happen. The window is near from me but it’s risky…Stay quiet and smile.”lol
                              Later with Koracen, John and Elizabeth:“SHEPPARD: You may still think that you're Elizabeth, but you're not.”
                              Mom: “ow, this isn’t nice for her. She’s hurt.”
                              She saved him.
                              Last scene:
                              Mom: “If I understand correctly, she goes on a new planet. So we have a chance to see her again. The real one will be good.”
                              Me for myself: “Window or mom…Window seems less risky.”lol
                              THE LOOK between John and Elizabeth let my mom speechless.
                              Big silence
                              Mom was focus on the episode. When she saw John sad and alone and Elizabeth in space, she was shocked.
                              End of episode
                              And big scream “WHAT? OH NO NO NO NO!!!!” It was my mom, not me. “Oh NO!!! It can’t be the end. Oh come guys. Who wrote this? We have a beautiful confirmation of their feelings at the end of this episode with their look and we have what…. Elizabeth floating in space? It's a joke. Tell me she will be back.”
                              Me: *small voice* no…
                              Mom: Ok they screwed the show until the end. Ok they can’t put Elizabeth and John together. I can understand but….please don’t kill her like that. They can’t let her in space. She saves their lives more than once and they let her like this? I can’t believe this. No one will take a jumper and just take her?” and blablabla…She talked a lot. She was really angry.

                              Conclusion:
                              She hates and likes this episode (I think like everybody).

                              We all loved it thanks to John and Elizabeth (I add Rodney because I really love him here) but we hated it because of the end. Not a conclusion for Elizabeth.

                              I think my mom won't watch an episode of SGA soon.lol
                              That was my first thought when I was watching this ep for the first time. I was like 'yes! hope! that means she can come back later as Torri!' But no.

                              Excellent report, Probie! Loved your parents' comments. I think we all share in your mom's pain. lol.

                              Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              And can I add that this picture...



                              ...knocks me ded about everytime? I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you the first time around, Joe, I was screaming at the television about Elizabeth's 'fate' but now I appreciate you and you break my heart.

                              Seriously, is there EVER a time he looks more empty? (BTW, this look directly inspired the line in Bambina about 'lost a part of his soul'.)

                              Stoopid PTW! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND GET RID OF HER!!


                              *pouts*



                              *nearly starts crying just because of that look* Now that is talent right there. To be able to get that kind of emotion from people (okay, me) just from a screencap!
                              sigpic
                              Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                                And can I add that this picture...



                                ...knocks me ded about everytime? I'm sorry I didn't appreciate you the first time around, Joe, I was screaming at the television about Elizabeth's 'fate' but now I appreciate you and you break my heart.

                                Seriously, is there EVER a time he looks more empty? (BTW, this look directly inspired the line in Bambina about 'lost a part of his soul'.)

                                Stoopid PTW! WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND GET RID OF HER!!

                                *pouts*

                                I spent most of that episode with my hands over my mouth going "OMGOMG!" I'm surprised my husband didn't leave the room. LOL And there is never a time when he looks even close to this devastated. Not even in TLM when he hears about the deaths of each and every member of his team. He was pretty shook up at Carson's funeral but never about anything else to this extent. That's why even people who didn't want to see it couldn't help but notice.

                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                                Geeze, is it just me, or is anyone else having a b***h of a time trying to get on the forum today? This is the second or third time in a month! Definitely time for GW to get a more robust server...

                                Probie! Glad to see you survived watching GitM with your mom!
                                I just gave up earlier. My patience is limited these days to about 5 seconds.

                                Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                                Just a quick vid rec.

                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS6CGu2ZxZs

                                *sneaks out*
                                Cute song. Nice change from all the angst.
                                sigpic

                                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X