Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Would his family have claimed his body and arranged a burial, or is he just as estranged from them in the Vegas-verse? Or worse? Very, very sad.
    Who knows? I imagine Rodney and company would want to keep how he died quiet. I'm willing to bet his body disappeared without a trace and is lying in an unmarked grave somewhere. *flails*

And ITA with the medic being a version of Nancy. You know the similarity between Nancy and Elizabeth is striking. Since she is big in Homeland Security, Nancy was probably at the State department or in some other form of government service. She may even have known Elizabeth or surely knew of her. It seems John is attracted to strong career women. LOL

Wouldn't you have loved to see those two meet? They would have sized each other up in about a second and the temperature in the room would have dropped by about 30 degrees. I can see Elizabeth's eyebrow now.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Who knows? I imagine Rodney and company would want to keep how he died quiet. I'm willing to bet his body disappeared without a trace and is lying in an unmarked grave somewhere. *flails*
      *sobs*

And ITA with the medic being a version of Nancy. You know the similarity between Nancy and Elizabeth is striking. Since she is big in Homeland Security, Nancy was probably at the State department or in some other form of government service. She may even have known Elizabeth or surely knew of her. It seems John is attracted to strong career women. LOL

Wouldn't you have loved to see those two meet? They would have sized each other up in about a second and the temperature in the room would have dropped by about 30 degrees. I can see Elizabeth's eyebrow now.
      They would've either hated each other on sight or gotten along famously. No middle ground with those two.

The idea of Nancy and Elizabeth knowing each other (or of each other) pre-Atlantis is delicious. And it would certainly knock John for a loop if he were ever to be in the same room with them, hahaha!

Oh crap, the plot bunny is nibbling at my ankles again!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Actually, I think that makes a lot of sense. If Elizabeth could've been the medic, then why couldn't Nancy? Either one is certainly possible.
        Exactly. Aren't they both diplomats/working with politicians and government in the regular universe? So, if one is possible, the other option is also very possible. Have that nay sayers.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

For those who wanted to hear more about "Farewell to Harry"....

Spoilers for content....

Spoiler:
          It's a sweet movie from couple of years ago (?) - don't know how much exactly, but JOe is visibly younger there. He plays a writer in search of inspiration. He heads back to his home town and befriends the town's loser, Harry, who has more than one interesting story. harry lives in old, nonworking hat factory (the hats are out of the fashion) and drinks way too much. Joe's character, Nick, becomes fascinated with the world of memories and Harry's dreams that never came true.

Perhaps Nick can help Harry make one of his dreams come true.

I loved the movie. It's like lost in time, actually setting it in the absolutely right timeline is a bit difficult. Joe's character is wonderful, sweet, introverted, thoughtful and refreshingly normal. I recommend watching, especially if you want to see that man smile and laugh. There's also icon/manniping material.

Few pics...

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Exactly. Aren't they both diplomats/working with politicians and government in the regular universe? So, if one is possible, the other option is also very possible. Have that nay sayers.
            Oh, we're having all sorts of fun blowing pre-conceived notions out of the water today!

Spoilers for content....

Spoiler:
            It's a sweet movie from couple of years ago (?) - don't know how much exactly, but JOe is visibly younger there. He plays a writer in search of inspiration. He heads back to his home town and befriends the town's loser, Harry, who has more than one interesting story. harry lives in old, nonworking hat factory (the hats are out of the fashion) and drinks way too much. Joe's character, Nick, becomes fascinated with the world of memories and Harry's dreams that never came true.

I loved the movie. It's like lost in time, actually setting it in the absolutely right timeline is a bit difficult. Joe's character is wonderful, sweet, introverted, thoughtful and refreshingly normal. I recommend watching, especially if you want to see that man smile and laugh. There's also icon/manniping material.

Few pics...

Spoiler:

Guh! Joe makes that classic shirt and vest look so yummy! *drools*

*swoons at the image of John wearing something like that when he spirits Lizzie away to a secluded island for a romantic getaway*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, we're having all sorts of fun blowing pre-conceived notions out of the water today!
              Ahem, just imagine. John and Elizabeth must go to Earth for a reason I still haven't worked out. They visit his parents. She sees pictures of dorky looking young him (something like those pics I posted?). Then they must go to some diplomatic reunion, and John watches speechless as he walks into a room and finds Elizabeth merrily chatting with his ex wife.

Comment

Farewell to Harry:2002
                I also saw this movie. I like the story and Harry. Joe is great in it and we can see him dancing.
                The movie can be found on Youtube.
                Thanks for the pics, Anuna.
                sigpic
                Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

KrisRussel, a comment of yours made me think of something really sad. You mentioned John's gravestone. If he is truly dead at the end of Vegas, what happened to him? He had quit the police department. Would they have buried him? Would the SGC or the IOA now be responsible? Or would he end up in a pauper's grave paid for by the state? Sad either way.
                  Actually I think Rodney would feel responsible for this. If he hadn't briefed John about the whole Wraith-on-Earth thing, the man would probably still be alive. So I think Rodney would make sure John got a decent funeral and a decent grave.
                  I don't think it would be unmarked, remember, he was shot with a 'regular' gun and the Wraith never got to feed off of him, so it would be very easy to spin this story into a shoot-out with a criminal that cost him his life. The SGC is used to spinning much bigger things than one death, so it should be a walk in the park for them

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;10492547]*BB plot bunny pounces on carrots* /QUOTE]

See, every time I read that, I get more anxious to read your BB story

Actually, I think that makes a lot of sense. If Elizabeth could've been the medic, then why couldn't Nancy? Either one is certainly possible.
                  The good thing is that Elizabeth could be on Atlantis and if John does survive his injuries, he could meet her there and she could give him a second chance in this dimension too.

They would've either hated each other on sight or gotten along famously. No middle ground with those two.

The idea of Nancy and Elizabeth knowing each other (or of each other) pre-Atlantis is delicious. And it would certainly knock John for a loop if he were ever to be in the same room with them, hahaha!

Oh crap, the plot bunny is nibbling at my ankles again!
                  I'm sure they would have gotten along perfectly... I did write a small fic about that
                  And yes, it would definitely throw John out of the loop if he saw them talking

Spoilers for content....

Spoiler:

Few pics...
                  Thank you so much for sharing!
                  Now I really really want to see that movie! It sounds and looks very good.

Ahem, just imagine. John and Elizabeth must go to Earth for a reason I still haven't worked out. They visit his parents. She sees pictures of dorky looking young him (something like those pics I posted?). Then they must go to some diplomatic reunion, and John watches speechless as he walks into a room and finds Elizabeth merrily chatting with his ex wife.
                  Write it into a fic! Write it into a fic!
                  Trying to bribe your muse here, you know

Sig by me

Comment

OKIEDO-O-O-O-KIE sparkies. Just like I promised some sparky reading material.

Spoiler:
                    “John, just another standard recon mission. If you meet any indigenous people, try to establish diplomatic relations,” Elizabeth instructed Lt. Col. John Sheppard.

“Hey, no problem,” John drawled as he made his way to the gate room.

“Good luck and come home safe,” Elizabeth smiled.

John Sheppard smiled and waved back as he entered the Stargate. Elizabeth shook her head at John’s customary exit. She could not deny his boyish qualities endeared themselves to her heart.

Ah well
                    The little things you say and do
                    Make me want to be with you

Elizabeth Weir moved to the balcony adjacent to her office. She looked over the stars and moon to calm her nerves. Elizabeth started to feel an increasing sense of concern when Lt. Col. John Sheppard went off world.

Rave on, it's a crazy feelin' and
                    I know it's got me reelin'
                    When you say, I love you, rave on

Elizabeth searched her mind for other reasons why John Sheppard became the object of her affection. Was it the way he saved her from Kolya during the storm a couple years ago? Or something simple like a kiss? Granted Elizabeth was not in control of her own body, but she could feel everything that happened when their lips met.

The way you dance a-and hold me tight
                    The way you kiss and say goodnight

Perhaps the way he awkwardly but genuinely hugged her back after the first Wraith attack? Maybe the way he ignored quarantine procedures and brought her back from the precipice because of nanites?

Elizabeth Weir left her place on the balcony and sat back down at her desk. “Work can keep my mind off of John,” she thought. But her thoughts shifted back to the fussy-haired military commander of Atlantis. His eyes came next on her path to understanding her feeling for John Sheppard.

Ah well rave on, it's a crazy feelin' and
                    I know, it's got me reelin'
                    I'm so glad, that you're revealin'
                    Your love for me

The looks they shared said everything when words failed. It was like Elizabeth could see something in John. His fierce sense of loyalty. That he would never abandon her. And Elizabeth hoped, that John loved her too.

Rave on, rave on and tell me
                    Tell me, not to be lonely
                    Tell me, you love me only
                    Rave on to me

The song used has been covered by alot of people, pick whichever version you like.

And a bonus because I've been away for so long... the missing chapter from Teenage Wasteland.
                    Spoiler:
                    Chapter 9: Meatloaf and Mrs. Sheppard

The next afternoon Elizabeth tried to call John. Once again, her call was ignored. Since she was forced to miss that afternoon’s debate, she decided to visit the Sheppard home. Elizabeth had very little idea what John’s family was like. The Anderson and Sheppard suit clued her into the fact Mr. Sheppard made a very comfortable living. But Elizabeth knew nothing about John’s mother, siblings, or if he even had a dog.

After a shower and lunch Elizabeth got into her car. She followed directions from Googlemaps and found 3333 Wabash Ave. The house was large, but not a mansion. She estimated about the yard to be half an acre. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

“Yes,” a woman in scrubs answered the door.

“Hello. Is John home?” Elizabeth asked.

“No he’s not. Would you like to leave him a message?” the woman offered.

“Are you looking for Johnny?” another woman came to the door.

“Yes. I’m one of John’s... classmates,” Elizabeth responded.

“Well come in. I don’t get to meet very many of Johnny’s friends,” the second woman said as she waived Elizabeth into the house.

Elizabeth followed the woman inside. She assumed the woman was John’s mother. Elizabeth noticed Mrs. Sheppard’s appearance and could tell she was not doing well. She was thin, almost frail. A bandana covered her head to conceal the hair loss from chemotherapy. Mrs. Sheppard’s skin was pale and dark bags formed under her eyes.

“You probably already guessed I’m Johnny’s mom,” Mrs. Sheppard introduced herself taking a seat.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Elizabeth. You have a lovely home,” Elizabeth answered as she took her seat in the spacious living room.

“Thank you. Johnny went to Ronon’s house for a bit. Said they were going to do some work on their cars or play with power tools. Something manly,” Mrs. Sheppard joked.

“Do you know when he’ll be home?” Elizabeth asked smiling at seeing where John received his sense of humor.

“Not too much longer. Come on Lizzie,” Mrs. Sheppard waved at Elizabeth to follow her.

Elizabeth shook her head. John’s wit and penchant for nicknames came from the same place. She went with Mrs. Sheppard into the kitchen. Elizabeth saw some ground beef, eggs, potatoes, onions, and some other produce laid out.

“I haven’t cooked in such a long time. I’m going to make meatloaf. You’re more than welcome to stay for supper,” Mrs. Sheppard invited Elizabeth to stay.

“I don’t know. You look like you’ll be pretty busy,” Elizabeth replied.

“It’s no fuss. Besides, back home it could be taken as an insult to refuse a supper invitation,” Mrs. Sheppard tried convince Elizabeth to stay.

“Well, I don’t want to insult anybody,” Elizabeth accepted with a smile.

“Good. Now Lizzie, go ahead and start peeling some of those potatoes,” Mrs. Sheppard expressed her approval and started dicing up an onion.

“Lizzie can you turn the radio up, please? I love this song,” Mrs. Sheppard asked.

“Sure,” Elizabeth answered as she continued peeling, “what song is this?”

“Lizzie this ‘Hot Summer Nights’. This song is the reason Johnny’s here,” Mrs. Sheppard replied.

“Mrs. Sheppard!” Elizabeth was taken aback.

“Just telling you how it is,” Mrs. Sheppard laughed.

After an hour Elizabeth and Mrs. Sheppard were putting the meatloaf in the oven. Elizabeth would not consider herself the next Cat Cora, but she did enjoy cooking with John’s mom. Initially she stayed because the woman seemed a little lonely. But Mrs. Sheppard’s laid back personality started to grow on her.

“Lizzie, tell me how you know my boy,” Mrs. Sheppard spoke while she poured two glasses of tea.

“I’m John’s tutor,” Elizabeth explained, “wow, this is sweet,” she commented after taking a sip from her glass.

“Back on the bayou that’s how it comes. John mentioned he was getting some help in English. Never said his tutor was a nice young lady,” Mrs. Sheppard stated taking a drink from her tea.

“That doesn’t surprise me,” Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

“He gets that from his father. Those two are so alike; no wonder they don’t get along,” Mrs. Sheppard had to roll her own eyes.

“Really,” Elizabeth wanted to learn more about John.

“They’re both private guys. Not big on talking about how they feel. Both are problem solvers. The idea may be a bit crazy, but it works. Once either one of them sets out to do something, there’s no stopping them. They think their right. They can both be...” Mrs. Sheppard paused to find the right word.

“Determined,” Elizabeth suggested.

“That works. I was going to say stubborn as a tired hag,” Mrs. Sheppard replied.

“I know. Sometimes I just feel the need to...” it was Elizabeth’s turn to think of what she wanted to say.

“Smack him in the head,” Mrs. Sheppard finished for her.

“Exactly,” Elizabeth agreed and the women shared a laugh for a few minutes.

“What’s the real reason you stopped by?” Mrs. Sheppard asked after the laughing died down.

“John and I got into a fight at school. I tried calling him, but he wouldn’t answer. John’s friend, he looked kind of scary, told me John was pretty upset,” Elizabeth began to explain.

“Ronon is a good kid. Looks all big and scary and acts all tough. But he’s just a big teddy bear,” Mrs. Sheppard responded.

“I said some pretty mean stuff. Some rumors got around and I didn’t know the whole story. Once Ronon told me what really happened, I thought I should apologize,” Elizabeth continued.

“I see. You should take him out somewhere. He really likes Ferris wheels,” Mrs. Sheppard hinted at Elizabeth.

“I don’t know about that,” Elizabeth tried hiding her blush.

“Not like that. But I do feel bad. Once the cancer started getting bad John stopped going out. He would always stay home and try and take care of me. Ask if I needed something, make sure I didn’t hurt myself getting around. Even when his father hired a home nurse he still stayed. I tried telling him to go out and meet girls and rabble rouse. He’s letting part of his life that’s supposed to be fun pass him by. I feel like it’s my fault,” Mrs. Sheppard started to blink back some tears.

“It’s not your fault. John chose to stay. A man should help his mom,” Elizabeth tried to console Mrs Sheppard, “besides, those Sheppard men can be stubborn as a tired hag.” Elizabeth hoped her joke would brighten up Mrs. Sheppard.

“Thanks. You’re a sweet girl. I don’t suppose you could at least get him to comb his hair?” Mrs. Sheppard joked back as her mood brightened.

“I always wondered about his hair,” Elizabeth thought out loud.

“He gets that from me. I tried everything to control my hair. Don’t have that problem anymore,” Mrs. Sheppard laughed.

“Mrs. Sheppard, I hope you don’t get offended. But you’re taking everything really well,” Elizabeth commented.

“Lizzie,” Mrs. Sheppard looked her in the eye, “life isn’t worth anything if you can’t find something to laugh about.”

Now you can have two bear claws (my fav) with your coffee.
                    Last edited by pkprd869; 10 August 2009, 11:46 PM.
                    "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Spoilers for content....

Spoiler:

Few pics...

Spoiler:

Drools....oh wait, so that's where that image is from!!!! the one with him leaning on the piano. I have it has my mobile pic, so many people ask if it is of my bf, oh if only I could say yes.

He's looks a tad younger but still same ole Joe!

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                      I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                      Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

saw those pics of the young Joe F. Man he's young in them anyone know what year that harry movie come out?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          saw those pics of the young Joe F. Man he's young in them anyone know what year that harry movie come out?
                          I think he is seven or eight years younger on those. That's not much, but it's noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

//snippet for space//

The song used has been covered by alot of people, pick whichever version you like.

And a bonus because I've been away for so long... the missing chapter from Teenage Wasteland.

//snippet for space//

Thank you for these!
                            And I can't believe you didn't use that chapter. It's very good and fits in with the rest of the story, so why not use it?

I think he is seven or eight years younger on those. That's not much, but it's noticeable.
                            He prolly got all that gray hair because of the SGA tptb

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              It come out in 2002. I give you the link of the movie in Youtube. It's not the all movie but...
                              Part 1
                              Part 2 Don't pay attention at the beginning. There is a little teaser.
                              Part 3
                              Part 4

pkprd869: I love it, my homie.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

And she's asking Elizabeth things like, "does he still lick his lips when he's nervous?" or "does he still get himself into trouble on a regular basis?" LOL

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post

Spoiler:
                                “John, just another standard recon mission. If you meet any indigenous people, try to establish diplomatic relations,” Elizabeth instructed Lt. Col. John Sheppard.

“Hey, no problem,” John drawled as he made his way to the gate room.

“Good luck and come home safe,” Elizabeth smiled.

John Sheppard smiled and waved back as he entered the Stargate. Elizabeth shook her head at John’s customary exit. She could not deny his boyish qualities endeared themselves to her heart.

Ah well
                                The little things you say and do
                                Make me want to be with you

Elizabeth Weir moved to the balcony adjacent to her office. She looked over the stars and moon to calm her nerves. Elizabeth started to feel an increasing sense of concern when Lt. Col. John Sheppard went off world.

Elizabeth searched her mind for other reasons why John Sheppard became the object of her affection. Was it the way he saved her from Kolya during the storm a couple years ago? Or something simple like a kiss? Granted Elizabeth was not in control of her own body, but she could feel everything that happened when their lips met.

The way you dance a-and hold me tight
                                The way you kiss and say goodnight

Perhaps the way he awkwardly but genuinely hugged her back after the first Wraith attack? Maybe the way he ignored quarantine procedures and brought her back from the precipice because of nanites?

Elizabeth Weir left her place on the balcony and sat back down at her desk. “Work can keep my mind off of John,” she thought. But her thoughts shifted back to the fussy-haired military commander of Atlantis. His eyes came next on her path to understanding her feeling for John Sheppard.

Ah well rave on, it's a crazy feelin' and
                                I know, it's got me reelin'
                                I'm so glad, that you're revealin'
                                Your love for me

The looks they shared said everything when words failed. It was like Elizabeth could see something in John. His fierce sense of loyalty. That he would never abandon her. And Elizabeth hoped, that John loved her too.

Rave on, rave on and tell me
                                Tell me, not to be lonely
                                Tell me, you love me only
                                Rave on to me

Spoiler:
                                Chapter 9: Meatloaf and Mrs. Sheppard

The next afternoon Elizabeth tried to call John. Once again, her call was ignored. Since she was forced to miss that afternoon’s debate, she decided to visit the Sheppard home. Elizabeth had very little idea what John’s family was like. The Anderson and Sheppard suit clued her into the fact Mr. Sheppard made a very comfortable living. But Elizabeth knew nothing about John’s mother, siblings, or if he even had a dog.

After a shower and lunch Elizabeth got into her car. She followed directions from Googlemaps and found 3333 Wabash Ave. The house was large, but not a mansion. She estimated about the yard to be half an acre. She knocked on the door and waited for an answer.

“Yes,” a woman in scrubs answered the door.

“Hello. Is John home?” Elizabeth asked.

“No he’s not. Would you like to leave him a message?” the woman offered.

“Are you looking for Johnny?” another woman came to the door.

“Yes. I’m one of John’s... classmates,” Elizabeth responded.

“Well come in. I don’t get to meet very many of Johnny’s friends,” the second woman said as she waived Elizabeth into the house.

Elizabeth followed the woman inside. She assumed the woman was John’s mother. Elizabeth noticed Mrs. Sheppard’s appearance and could tell she was not doing well. She was thin, almost frail. A bandana covered her head to conceal the hair loss from chemotherapy. Mrs. Sheppard’s skin was pale and dark bags formed under her eyes.

“You probably already guessed I’m Johnny’s mom,” Mrs. Sheppard introduced herself taking a seat.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Elizabeth. You have a lovely home,” Elizabeth answered as she took her seat in the spacious living room.

“Thank you. Johnny went to Ronon’s house for a bit. Said they were going to do some work on their cars or play with power tools. Something manly,” Mrs. Sheppard joked.

“Do you know when he’ll be home?” Elizabeth asked smiling at seeing where John received his sense of humor.

“Not too much longer. Come on Lizzie,” Mrs. Sheppard waved at Elizabeth to follow her.

Elizabeth shook her head. John’s wit and penchant for nicknames came from the same place. She went with Mrs. Sheppard into the kitchen. Elizabeth saw some ground beef, eggs, potatoes, onions, and some other produce laid out.

“I haven’t cooked in such a long time. I’m going to make meatloaf. You’re more than welcome to stay for supper,” Mrs. Sheppard invited Elizabeth to stay.

“I don’t know. You look like you’ll be pretty busy,” Elizabeth replied.

“It’s no fuss. Besides, back home it could be taken as an insult to refuse a supper invitation,” Mrs. Sheppard tried convince Elizabeth to stay.

“Well, I don’t want to insult anybody,” Elizabeth accepted with a smile.

“Good. Now Lizzie, go ahead and start peeling some of those potatoes,” Mrs. Sheppard expressed her approval and started dicing up an onion.

“Lizzie can you turn the radio up, please? I love this song,” Mrs. Sheppard asked.

“Sure,” Elizabeth answered as she continued peeling, “what song is this?”

“Lizzie this ‘Hot Summer Nights’. This song is the reason Johnny’s here,” Mrs. Sheppard replied.

“Mrs. Sheppard!” Elizabeth was taken aback.

“Just telling you how it is,” Mrs. Sheppard laughed.

After an hour Elizabeth and Mrs. Sheppard were putting the meatloaf in the oven. Elizabeth would not consider herself the next Cat Cora, but she did enjoy cooking with John’s mom. Initially she stayed because the woman seemed a little lonely. But Mrs. Sheppard’s laid back personality started to grow on her.

“Lizzie, tell me how you know my boy,” Mrs. Sheppard spoke while she poured two glasses of tea.

“I’m John’s tutor,” Elizabeth explained, “wow, this is sweet,” she commented after taking a sip from her glass.

“Back on the bayou that’s how it comes. John mentioned he was getting some help in English. Never said his tutor was a nice young lady,” Mrs. Sheppard stated taking a drink from her tea.

“That doesn’t surprise me,” Elizabeth rolled her eyes.

“He gets that from his father. Those two are so alike; no wonder they don’t get along,” Mrs. Sheppard had to roll her own eyes.

“Really,” Elizabeth wanted to learn more about John.

“They’re both private guys. Not big on talking about how they feel. Both are problem solvers. The idea may be a bit crazy, but it works. Once either one of them sets out to do something, there’s no stopping them. They think their right. They can both be...” Mrs. Sheppard paused to find the right word.

“Determined,” Elizabeth suggested.

“That works. I was going to say stubborn as a tired hag,” Mrs. Sheppard replied.

“I know. Sometimes I just feel the need to...” it was Elizabeth’s turn to think of what she wanted to say.

“Smack him in the head,” Mrs. Sheppard finished for her.

“Exactly,” Elizabeth agreed and the women shared a laugh for a few minutes.

“What’s the real reason you stopped by?” Mrs. Sheppard asked after the laughing died down.

“John and I got into a fight at school. I tried calling him, but he wouldn’t answer. John’s friend, he looked kind of scary, told me John was pretty upset,” Elizabeth began to explain.

“Ronon is a good kid. Looks all big and scary and acts all tough. But he’s just a big teddy bear,” Mrs. Sheppard responded.

“I said some pretty mean stuff. Some rumors got around and I didn’t know the whole story. Once Ronon told me what really happened, I thought I should apologize,” Elizabeth continued.

“I see. You should take him out somewhere. He really likes Ferris wheels,” Mrs. Sheppard hinted at Elizabeth.

“I don’t know about that,” Elizabeth tried hiding her blush.

“Not like that. But I do feel bad. Once the cancer started getting bad John stopped going out. He would always stay home and try and take care of me. Ask if I needed something, make sure I didn’t hurt myself getting around. Even when his father hired a home nurse he still stayed. I tried telling him to go out and meet girls and rabble rouse. He’s letting part of his life that’s supposed to be fun pass him by. I feel like it’s my fault,” Mrs. Sheppard started to blink back some tears.

“It’s not your fault. John chose to stay. A man should help his mom,” Elizabeth tried to console Mrs Sheppard, “besides, those Sheppard men can be stubborn as a tired hag.” Elizabeth hoped her joke would brighten up Mrs. Sheppard.

“Thanks. You’re a sweet girl. I don’t suppose you could at least get him to comb his hair?” Mrs. Sheppard joked back as her mood brightened.

“I always wondered about his hair,” Elizabeth thought out loud.

“He gets that from me. I tried everything to control my hair. Don’t have that problem anymore,” Mrs. Sheppard laughed.

“Mrs. Sheppard, I hope you don’t get offended. But you’re taking everything really well,” Elizabeth commented.

“Lizzie,” Mrs. Sheppard looked her in the eye, “life isn’t worth anything if you can’t find something to laugh about.”

Love them both. Mrs. S is a lot like her son.

Thanks for the bear claws, but I only need one. *pats belly fat*
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X