Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Allow me a moment - to everyone who attacked and ridiculed me when I said, long time ago, John has suicidal tendencies: NEENER - NEENER.

Sorry, guys. Stressful day, that's all.
    You and RCC. On the same wave length. And he genuinely seems to like Joe.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      You and RCC. On the same wave length. And he genuinely seems to like Joe.
      We're definitely on the same wavelength. Gah, when I just think back on the wank that ensued after my "John seems suicidal" comment. That made me leave the thread, in fact. I wish I didn't do that, but gah, it was just too much to take.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Some won't be. Maybe that was in the script but didn't get filmed. I don't remember exactly what he said.

Post it. Post it. *bounces*

And since everyone got so giddy over the HD pic I posted a few days ago. Here's another one. I do declare Vegas gave us some gooooood stuff. Make sure Anuna doesn't see this. I don' think her heart can take it.

Spoiler:
        Stealing and gonna repost it every time this thread needs something to pick us up. Nothing like John sticking out his tongue at us, huh?

And yes, I almost suffered heart attack. But it felt good You're spoiling me and I'm loving it!

Comment

Oh, and I must say this: PROBIE I LOVE BOTH YOU AND YOUR MOM! Don't ever leave this thread!!!!!

Also, I wasn't banging my head about your report, but about something else, closely related to the kiss which happened in Conversion.

Also, guys, I found another Sparky song. It's a classic: Toto - Africa

Read the lyrics!

"Africa"

I hear the drums echoing tonight
          But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
          She's coming in 12:30 flight
          The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
          I stopped an old man along the way,
          Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
          He turned to me as if to say, Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you

It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
          There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do

I bless the rains down in Africa
          Gonna take some time to do the things we never had

The wild dogs cry out in the night
          As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
          I know that I must do what's right
          As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti
          I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

I bless the rains down in Africa, I passed some rains down in Africa

--- I mean, it's all John, it's totally John and it's perfect for John centered Sparky vid. Plus, iut sounds so damn perfect, the best as '80s music gets.
          Last edited by Anuna; 01 July 2009, 11:55 AM. Reason: adding stuff

Comment

You read my mind. LOL That was one of the first things I checked on. Gero talks only about Ford in that scene. He doesn't even mention Teyla. Oh and they talk about how much trouble they had getting the blood bag to work on the white shirt. It doesn't seem like they even considered the shippy implications of that scene. Now that is very interesting indeed.
            he prefers to forget this moment as we prefer to forget it also. I'm talking about the episode and not about Martin Gero.lol

Conversion:

“WEIR: It's only protocol. /SHEPPARD: That's your answer for everything”
            Is it a reproach? I have my theory.
            When Sheppard asked her to have a date with him, she said “The protocol ...” He knew that it was a “no”. Now John is a little pissed because of that. He hates the word “protocol”. Lol
            I love the entire dialog in this scene. My mom loved the behavior of John.
            “SHEPPARD: This is *my* life we're talking about. /WEIR: I know that.”
            Her voice when she says this line is fantastic.
            Bye bye glass wall. He used The voice after this. He speaks softly to her. He can control himself (for the moment). All the tension and the emotions made this scene very strong.
            Forest:“Lorneeeeeeeee!!!” It was my mom.lol
            Caldwell’s office:
            Now I understand why Elizabeth has a problem with Caldwell. She defends John. He’s not dead man for her.
            “WEIR: You are just keeping Sheppard's chair warm, Colonel, don't lose sight of that”
            My mom “Don’t provoke her or her husband. Yes they are wife/husband for this episode.lol She wants to kick his ass. Do it Elizabeth.”
            Cave:“Lorneeee!!!” Yes it’s the only thing that she can say.
            “[McKay pulls his jacket up higher to cover his neck.] /BECKETT: Y'don't seriously think that's going to help, do ya? /McKAY: Yeah, when they see your neck before mine? You won't think it's stupid.”
            I think I would do the same thing.lol
            John’s quarter: The second big scene
            Elizabeth wants to practice her bedside manner. I love the “light” in this scene. It brings something to the situation. Poor John. Elizabeth tries to comfort him. Joe Flanigan did a great job here. We can see the “normal” John. He tries to talk softly to Elizabeth. The next moment, he’s scary.
            Elizabeth is scared but tries to not show this.
            My mom: “This scene is interesting. This could be the beginning of something more than friendship. He thinks about her first. He doesn’t want to hurt her. She’s brave because she stays with him. I can’t find my words. For the first, I think I’m confused but in a good way. It seems obvious that there is something very strong between them but it’s all in the subtle.”
            “SHEPPARD: DON'T ARGUE WITH ME! I'm not safe to be around anymore.”: Mom “She can’t help him, she can’t stay with him…it’s horrible. She cares about him and she’s powerless. I don’t know who wrote this episode but he’s great.” He was great.lol
            My mom was speechless. Joe and Torri are fantastic.
            Cave:
            The team can’t approach the eggs. The mission fails and they lose 2 men.

Time to eat for me (I’ll be back for the next part)
            sigpic
            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

i always liked in conversion the little convo between weir and sheppard when shes trying to give him a pep talk
              SHEPPARD: Anything that has you speechless has me concerned.

WEIR: [with a not-quite-smile] You're gonna be fine.

SHEPPARD: Wow. That's dead man talk.

WEIR: No, it isn't.

[Sheppard turns up his right arm, showing that the scaly patch has grown a bit and changed to an ickily shiny, carbuncle-looking thing. Thankfully, the shot cuts quickly back to their faces.]

SHEPPARD: Have youseen this?

WEIR: Beckett is gonna figure this one out.

SHEPPARD: I think I already have. You know who I'm starting to feel like? [pause for emphasis]Ford.

WEIR: [too quickly] Now, what happened to you iscompletely different.

SHEPPARD: I know, I know. Still, I can feel it. I mean, I can feel it changing me inside ... like he did.

WEIR: I don't think that's even possible. Look, you're very worried ...

SHEPPARD: No, no. No, it's ... .uh ... [he pauses to find a comparison] One of the best weeks of my life was when I got my wisdom teeth out. I was on codeine for a full seven days. This is kinda the same. I know I should be inpain, or at the very least freaked out by this, but hey! I'm not ... and that freaks me out more than anything.

WEIR: [shifting on her feet] We're gonna beat this.

SHEPPARD: ‘We're gonna beat this'? ‘Beckett'll figure thisout'? ‘You're gonna befine'? You really suck at the whole bedside manner thing.

WEIR: [looking away in embarrassment] I know, I'm sorry.

SHEPPARD: But I appreciate the effort.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Angsty Sparky Wednesday!

Of course, it sounds like we don't really have anything to be angsty about today...

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                There are about a million questions I could ask him about Sparky, so please, enlighten me
                Oh, I'm just going to ask him about that comment he made in the Stargate magazine a few months ago. You know the one. About how he thought Sheppard should've gotten a chance to date someone "who was like, my boss." Yeah. That one. I'm not going to say any names or try to put words in his mouth, I'm just going to ask if there was any character in particular he was thinking of for Sheppard, or if he was just talking about that kind of character in general. If he wants to name names, I'll leave that up to him.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                Bad news...It's not a surprise but...
                The cut scene in Remnants is not in the features.
                Cut scenes

Sorry for the news.
                Yeah, I'm not surprised.

Some won't be. Maybe that was in the script but didn't get filmed. I don't remember exactly what he said.
                True, that. Mallozzi gave a typically vague recitation of how that went down, so it's kind of hard to tell if it had been cut prior to filming or not.

You read my mind. LOL That was one of the first things I checked on. Gero talks only about Ford in that scene. He doesn't even mention Teyla. Oh and they talk about how much trouble they had getting the blood bag to work on the white shirt. It doesn't seem like they even considered the shippy implications of that scene. Now that is very interesting indeed.
                Well, well, well. That is interesting.

Oh and on Vegas
                Spoiler:
                Rob Cooper said the song Solitary Man haunted him when they were choosing music. On Sheppard, he said Vegas!Shep has the same core as our Shep and that he carries burdens and is heroic. In the last scene he thought Shep was a bit suicidal because he drove right up to the wraith's trailer. He didn't have anything to live for. Putting on the cross was Joe's idea because he thought maybe this Shep had lost his faith but then regained it. And the bitten off finger happened to Joe's nanny on the night before ComicCon. He spent the night with her at the emergency room and went straight to ComicCon where he found a bloody hankie in his pocket. Great story.
                Ohhh man, that is a great story! I mean, it sucked for the nanny, but damn, that's insane!

You know what? I think Rob Cooper and Carl Binder should've been running Atlantis in Seasons 4 and 5. That would've been awesome.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Read the lyrics!

"Africa"

I hear the drums echoing tonight
                  But she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation
                  She's coming in 12:30 flight
                  The moonlit wings reflect the stars that guide me towards salvation
                  I stopped an old man along the way,
                  Hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies
                  He turned to me as if to say, Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you

The wild dogs cry out in the night
                  As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
                  I know that I must do what's right
                  As sure as Kilimanjaro rises like Olympus above the Serangetti
                  I seek to cure what's deep inside, frightened of this thing that I've become

Hurry boy, she's waiting there for you

--- I mean, it's all John, it's totally John and it's perfect for John centered Sparky vid. Plus, iut sounds so damn perfect, the best as '80s music gets.
                  Is is just me, or can anyone else totally picture John and Elizabeth on safari? In those cute little khaki bush outfits? With Lizzie having this lovely floaty white scarf trailing down from her pith helmet? Yeah. That's hot!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Probie, you and your mom rock! If everybody on the thread were to get together in one place, we'd have one heckuva party!

Me too that just make it better. And remember he was turning into a bug. His pheromones may have been attracted by her Wraith DNA. Just a thought.
                    That's been my interpretation of it all along. It was a biologically-driven action that did not have any underlying "feelings" connected to it. Dont'cha just love science?

Elizabeth, however, kept going to check on him, even though he was dangerous (and he warned her about it) and she was perfectly aware of it. Nobody else did that. I think Elizabeth's concern for himw as greater than her concern for her own safety, she could have used the radio, or even city wide to talk to him. She could have brought five guards with her, but she didn't. She went to him alone. It was also quite reckless, and it just proves how much she cares about him. When John grabbed her she was scared, but she didn't lose her focus on getting him to safety and having him cured. [/URL]
                    And I think that part right there is the most telling statement that can be made about it. When the chips were down, who stuck by Sheppard's side through the whole ordeal? Elizabeth.

Game, set, and match.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Probie, you and your mom rock! If everybody on the thread were to get together in one place, we'd have one heckuva party!

That's been my interpretation of it all along. It was a biologically-driven action that did not have any underlying "feelings" connected to it. Dont'cha just love science?

And I think that part right there is the most telling statement that can be made about it. When the chips were down, who stuck by Sheppard's side through the whole ordeal? Elizabeth.

Game, set, and match.

In - freakin - deed, SK. Hang on tight, I'm gonna send you something to look over

Comment

Nothing angsty around here.

Spoiler:
                        John: Is that a hickey? Oh crap.

Liz: Yeah, if you think mine's big you should see yours.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ed/Echoes2.jpg
                          AHAHAH! Looks like they're both going to be making prodigious use of Lizzie's concealer for a while.

Comment

Last part

Corridor:
                            “GUARD: I wouldn't go in there, ma'am.” Wimp!
                            My mom “she’s a little crazy to be back in his quarter. He can kill her.” The power of love mom, the power of love….
                            “WEIR: So this is when I usually ask you a stupid question, like `How are you feeling?'”
                            My mom: “Yes it’s stupid but she can’t say another thing. Poor Elizabeth. Where is he? (When she saw John) Oh my god…The blue is fine on him.lol Leave the room Elizabeth. It’s dangerous.” She can’t hear you like Lorne.
                            SHEPPARD: If you won't, then kill me now. = It’s horrible to ask that.
                            WEIR: John. = I love her voice when she says his name
                            SHEPPARD: It's better for the both of us. = “us” and not for “Atlantis” or the “all team”. Just better for “us”. Interesting…
                            He grabs Elizabeth by her throat. My mom said “Oh it’s violent. I want to see the end of the episode for watch him apologize to her.” Oh non mom, stop dreaming. lol
                            This scene is wow. The voices, the looks,…amazing. Wowhahapfiouwow. It’s the word that describe my feeling and the feeling of my mom for this scene.lol
                            Control room:
                            “CALDWELLl: use whatever level force you deem necessary” /WEIR: You will only use such force as a last resort. /CALDWELL: That's not Sheppard any more, ma'am. /WEIR: [to the Marines] You heard me.” Cadwell is ready to do anything for have John’s job… and John’s wife?
                            Teyla gives a “don’t worry. I will bring you your man” look to Elizabeth.
                            Corridor:
                            Why all the soldiers are American? It’s a detail but I don’t like it. Ronon leaves the group.
                            Spiderman scene…yuk
                            Teyla in a bad situation. Kill or not kill Sheppard? Fortunately, Ronon is here.
                            Infirmary:
                            Elizabeth is worried and can’t stop watching John.
                            Next scene:
                            All the team is together. Nice little scene. For the first time Elizabeth is ready to “accept” the death of John. In “38 minutes” she almost kicked Halling because of that.
                            I would love to see a scene where each one say goodbye to John. Someone know a fanfic?
                            Beckett has a idea.
                            Infirmary:
                            I love how John wakes up. He’s scary.
                            It’s not an episode from the show “V” huh? I hate this TV show. I’m afraid now.lol
                            Gate room:
                            Another favorite moment for me. pic
                            Elizabeth stays front of the gate (like John stays front of the gate in Gitm). She’s worried.
                            Cave:
                            John approaches the eggs. The inhibitor wears off. Bye John, Hi the Wraith.
                            Ronon shots John again.
                            Infirmary:
                            The team wants to stay in the infirmary. It’s sweet.
                            Corridor:
                            “CALDWELL: Despite what you might think of my intentions, Doctor Weir, I'm not your enemy. /WEIR: Believe me, Colonel, you don't wanna be.”
                            Go Elizabeth!!!
                            Gym:“SHEPPARD: Doc says it'll clear up eventually. [He looks at Teyla for a moment, looking awkward.] Ah, so listen. While I've been laying there the past few weeks, I've been remembering things. [Teyla smiles uncomfortably.] Some things I might have done that you could call out of character. /TEYLA: [deliberately misunderstanding him] You mean when you attacked the security detail.” Teyla teases John. It’s funny. She’s relieved and doesn’t want to think about it.
                            End of the episode and “Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!” The scream of my mom.lol “No no no no…It can’t be the end. No…it’s impossible. And Elizabeth? He asked her to kill him and he almost killed her and nothing? Ok It’s normal that he apologizes for his aggression on Teyla but Hey oh…Elizabeth?”
                            It’s the end, mom. I’m sorry.lol

Alléluia!!! My report is finished. lol I love doing this but it takes a lot of time.
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, and I must say this: PROBIE I LOVE BOTH YOU AND YOUR MOM! Don't ever leave this thread!!!!!

snip...

lyrics snipped for brevity

Ah, Toto! Run away... j/k

Maybe these lyrics for some angsty spark:

"wish I had told her she was my only one
                              but it’s too late she’s gone
                              guess I will miss her more than any one
                              I wonder does she know
                              when she left me it hurt me so
                              I need your lovin’ please don’t make me weep
                              and tell me it’s not too late"

or these?

"please come back to me
                              I love you with all my heart
                              with you I want to be

I want you to be near me
                              is that too much to ask
                              girl on my mind
                              please say you will be mine"

They're old (like one may be getting social security old if one knows the songs) but dang good tunes. I hope y'all like this better than chapter five of "Teenage Wasteland". (The read count went from the 100's to 70's after that chapter. I need a hug )

If y'all can name these tunes, maybe I'll provide some reading material tomorrow. I'm shamelessly self promoting, I know.
                              "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. It's fun to be here.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                It would be fun. I love this idea.

Spoiler:

Hilarious. I love it.

I just noticed that a mosquito/bug stung me while I make my report. Is it a sign? I would have preferred to get attacked by John.lol
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X