• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;10117524]Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41 and up...

41. SHEPPARD: You doing OK?
    WEIR: Sure, all things considered. (She smiles.) Not bad for a dead woman.
    (This mortal Coil)

42. SHEPPARD: They're never gonna make the trade, Kolya. Why don't you just finish this?
    KOLYA: I think you underestimate the sympathetic nature of Doctor Weir.
    SHEPPARD: Well, then, you underestimate Elizabeth.
    (Common Ground)

43. CALDWELL: What do you want?
    PHEBUS/WEIR: I want Sheppard.
    (The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
    SHEPPARD: That's it? You're just gonna let me go?
    McKAY: That field medic – the one you defied orders to go back and try and rescue. You knew her personally. You were ... involved.
    SHEPPARD: Yeah, you know everything.
    McKAY (sympathetically): It was a hard choice. Certainly you didn't intend things to go as badly as they did. Things just don't always go the way we plan. We know where to find you.
    (Sheppard turns and starts to walk towards the car.)
    McKAY: Detective.
    (Sheppard stops and turns back as McKay approaches him again.)
    McKAY: Remember when I told you I once met another version of you?
    SHEPPARD: Yeah.
    McKAY: I know you'll probably think this sounds ridiculous, but a little while ago we accidentally opened a rift in space/time – went through to an alternate version of reality. It was very similar to ours in many ways. We met a team much like the one I work with, only you were the leader. You were a hero, saved the world several times over.
    SHEPPARD (smiling bitterly): Doesn't sound much like me.
    McKAY: I don't think there's much difference between you and that other John Sheppard I met. It's amazing how one incident can entirely alter the course of your life. Still, I like to believe you have the same strength of character. That's why I told you the truth.
    (Vegas)

45. WEIR: You and Rodney have been bugging me for a chance at trying a Jumper as a submersible, but you sure went a hell of a long way to make me say yes!
    SHEPPARD: Well, you still haven't said it yet.
    (Elizabeth smiles again.)
    WEIR: I just did.
    (Grace Under Pressure)

46. (John takes the radio and activates it.)
    SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, where are you?
    WEIR (smiling delightedly at Lorne): We're in Jumper Two. We're cloaked, directly above you. Are you alright?
    (Condemned)

47. WEIR: You said so yourself – you are the ranking military officer. I can’t chance you getting infected.
    SHEPPARD: I can’t chance you getting infected. Bates?
    BATES: Yes, sir.
    SHEPPARD: Unlock the gym.
    BATES: Yes, sir. (He walks towards the console.)
    WEIR: Stand down, Bates. (Into comms) You are not in command here, Major.
    SHEPPARD: Well, we’ll agree to disagree. Bates, open the door.
    (Bates looks at Elizabeth for a moment, then steps forward again.)
    WEIR (firmly): Don’t.
    (Bates stops again.)
    SHEPPARD: Elizabeth, he’s heading right for you.
    (Hot Zone)

48. (spoilered for space)
    Spoiler:
    WEIR: And we’re defenceless – you said so yourself. How do you know going off on some half-assed rescue mission isn’t gonna to bring them all right back here to our doorstep?
    SHEPPARD: Maybe it will. But it’s the right thing to do. Why? Because it is!
    WEIR: John ...
    SHEPPARD: If we’re not gonna do this – and I mean right now – let’s just turn tail and pack up, because they’re coming.
    WEIR: You don’t know that.
    SHEPPARD: Our people are in the hands of the enemy, Doctor. Do you know what that means? It is just a matter of time before the Wraith figure out that this is the base of our operations.
    WEIR: I just need more information. I mean, who knows, maybe we could negotiate a peaceful ...
    SHEPPARD: Peaceful? Are you kidding?! We weren’t there for more than a few hours before they showed up.
    WEIR: Is it possible they came because of you, and that one of these people you brought back here with you tipped them off?
    SHEPPARD: It’s possible.
    WEIR: See, that is exactly the kind of snap decision I’m referring to!
    SHEPPARD: They’re not all bad people, and, you know, if we’re gonna stick around here, we need friends.
    WEIR: OK. I see your point. Now you see mine: I will not authorise a rescue mission unless I am sure there is at least a remote chance of success. I’m not sending more good people, including you, to their deaths.
    SHEPPARD: OK.
    (Rising)

49. SHEPPARD: I'll call you back after the test – how does that sound?
    WEIR: You'd better.
    (Trinity)

50. CALDWELL: Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure you'll both agree that the paperwork on this is going to be a nightmare ... (he smiles wickedly) especially that kiss.
    (John and Elizabeth stare at him in horror.)
    SHEPPARD: Yes, sir!
    CALDWELL: Well, try not to kill each other while I'm gone.
    (Elizabeth gives him a half-hearted thumbs-up. He turns and walks away. Elizabeth smiles ruefully at John, then looks away and slides down in the bed in embarrassment.)
    (The Long Goodbye)

51. [Cut to a shot of the infirmary with Sheppard on the exam bed, alert in the foreground, Beckett and Weir in the background. Sheppard is staring rather fixedly at the ceiling, looking grim. Cut back to Beckett and Weir.]
    BECKETT: You should talk to ‘im. He's hiding it very well, but if I was him? I'd be scared to death.
    (Conversion)

52. EVERETT: I don't need to explain myself to you, Doctor, and I don't need your cooperation.
    SHEPPARD: But you could probably use mine. [EVERETT glares.] Sir. So with all due respect, please answer Doctor Weir's question.
    EVERETT: Is that a threat, Major?
    SHEPPARD: No, sir. I understand you need to establish a clear chain of command. But if you cut Doctor Weir out of the loop, you'll only alienate the people whose trust and respect she's earned, which is everyone on the base. [He pauses.] Including me.
    (The Siege 2)
    53. WEIR: Good idea. Hopefully we can establish an alliance with them. A ship like that ...
    SHEPPARD: ... would come very much in handy now that the Wraith are probably on their way -- I know. Uh, I'm gonna get back there now -- uh, make sure he's not distracted.
    WEIR: Distracted?
    SHEPPARD: Ah, well, the lead scientist, uh, she's very, um ...
    WEIR: ... hot?
    SHEPPARD: I was gonna say attractive. But McKay is acting very, uh ...
    WEIR: ... smitten?
    SHEPPARD: I was gonna say pathetic. (He turns to leave.)
    (Inferno)

54. SHEPPARD: Once these human bodies are made and they're downloaded into them, what happens then?
    WOOLSEY: Well, seeing as they'll be just like any other human beings, I see no reason not to let them go. They could become valuable allies.
    SHEPPARD: Or what if one of them decides to stay?
    (Richard looks at him, knowing which one he's referring to.)
    WOOLSEY: Let's cross one bridge at a time, all right? (GitM)

I love that it says Richard knows which one he's referring to.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Okay, guys, since you talked me into writing the sparky essay, I'm gonna need some help. Do you happen to know any good essays or articles dealing with romance, types of romance or characters, or perhaps romance in science fiction? I have an idea how to make mine, yes, but research is always good.

Gosh, this is going t be so good! *starts stretching her academic fingers*
    I haven't taken the time to read this but it looks promising. There are also lots of links listed. http://www.thegalaxyexpress.net/2009...e-fiction.html Evidently there's a whole internet community of romance in scifi writers. Who knew? And why didn't TPTB consult them?
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Sure. He could be a number of things: quiet and studious, interested in science and fanboys Rodney or Radek, talks all the time or isn't interested in being a soldier. Imagine how frustrated that would make Ronon. If he's also Amelia's kid, any of these would also frustrate her. Except maybe the quiet and studious one. LOL
      That really would drive him insane! I don't know whether I'll go in this direction, but thanks for the help and I'll definitely think about it. I just wish we knew more about Amelia and her personality so I'd have two people to gather from for Max. Oh well. *shrug*
      sigpic
      Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

42. SHEPPARD: They're never gonna make the trade, Kolya. Why don't you just finish this?
        (Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
        McKAY: That field medic – the one you defied orders to go back and try and rescue. You knew her personally. You were ... involved.
        McKAY (sympathetically): It was a hard choice. Certainly you didn't intend things to go as badly as they did. Things just don't always go the way we plan. We know where to find you.
        McKAY: I know you'll probably think this sounds ridiculous, but a little while ago we accidentally opened a rift in space/time – went through to an alternate version of reality. It was very similar to ours in many ways. We met a team much like the one I work with, only you were the leader. You were a hero, saved the world several times over.
        McKAY: I don't think there's much difference between you and that other John Sheppard I met. It's amazing how one incident can entirely alter the course of your life. Still, I like to believe you have the same strength of character. That's why I told you the truth.
        (Vegas)

45. WEIR: You and Rodney have been bugging me for a chance at trying a Jumper as a submersible, but you sure went a hell of a long way to make me say yes!
        (Grace Under Pressure)

WEIR (smiling delightedly at Lorne): We're in Jumper Two. We're cloaked, directly above you. Are you alright?
        (Condemned)

47. WEIR: You said so yourself – you are the ranking military officer. I can’t chance you getting infected.
        (Bates stops again.)
        (Hot Zone)

Spoiler:
        WEIR: And we’re defenceless – you said so yourself. How do you know going off on some half-assed rescue mission isn’t gonna to bring them all right back here to our doorstep?
        SHEPPARD: If we’re not gonna do this – and I mean right now – let’s just turn tail and pack up, because they’re coming.
        SHEPPARD: Our people are in the hands of the enemy, Doctor. Do you know what that means? It is just a matter of time before the Wraith figure out that this is the base of our operations.
        WEIR: I just need more information. I mean, who knows, maybe we could negotiate a peaceful ...
        SHEPPARD: Peaceful? Are you kidding?! We weren’t there for more than a few hours before they showed up.
        WEIR: Is it possible they came because of you, and that one of these people you brought back here with you tipped them off?
        SHEPPARD: They’re not all bad people, and, you know, if we’re gonna stick around here, we need friends.
        WEIR: OK. I see your point. Now you see mine: I will not authorise a rescue mission unless I am sure there is at least a remote chance of success. I’m not sending more good people, including you, to their deaths.
        (Rising)

(Trinity)

50. CALDWELL: Well, if you'll excuse me, I'm sure you'll both agree that the paperwork on this is going to be a nightmare ... (he smiles wickedly) especially that kiss.
        (Elizabeth gives him a half-hearted thumbs-up. He turns and walks away. Elizabeth smiles ruefully at John, then looks away and slides down in the bed in embarrassment.)
        (The Long Goodbye)

51. [Cut to a shot of the infirmary with Sheppard on the exam bed, alert in the foreground, Beckett and Weir in the background. Sheppard is staring rather fixedly at the ceiling, looking grim. Cut back to Beckett and Weir.]
        BECKETT: You should talk to ‘im. He's hiding it very well, but if I was him? I'd be scared to death.
        (Conversion)

52. EVERETT: I don't need to explain myself to you, Doctor, and I don't need your cooperation.
        SHEPPARD: But you could probably use mine. [EVERETT glares.] Sir. So with all due respect, please answer Doctor Weir's question.
        SHEPPARD: No, sir. I understand you need to establish a clear chain of command. But if you cut Doctor Weir out of the loop, you'll only alienate the people whose trust and respect she's earned, which is everyone on the base. [He pauses.] Including me.
        (The Siege 2)
        53. WEIR: Good idea. Hopefully we can establish an alliance with them. A ship like that ...
        SHEPPARD: ... would come very much in handy now that the Wraith are probably on their way -- I know. Uh, I'm gonna get back there now -- uh, make sure he's not distracted.
        (Inferno)

54. SHEPPARD: Once these human bodies are made and they're downloaded into them, what happens then?
        WOOLSEY: Well, seeing as they'll be just like any other human beings, I see no reason not to let them go. They could become valuable allies.

55. WEIR (into radio): Lieutenant, this is Weir. If you haven't heard from us in ... Rodney?
        McKAY: Well, an hour would give us months in there, but, Elizabeth, of all the people who should stay, it would be you.
        (Carson raises his hand.)
        WEIR: There may be writing by the power source that needs translating.
        McKAY: OK, there is a slight chance that when we go through ...
        WEIR (interrupting): Rodney, I'm going.

(Epiphany)

Gotta love that determination!
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
          Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

(Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
          (Vegas)

(Grace Under Pressure)

(Condemned)

(Bates stops again.)
          (Hot Zone)

Spoiler:
          (Rising)

(Trinity)

(The Long Goodbye)

(Conversion)

(The Siege 2)
          (Inferno)

55. WEIR (into radio): Lieutenant, this is Weir. If you haven't heard from us in ... Rodney?
          McKAY: Well, an hour would give us months in there, but, Elizabeth, of all the people who should stay, it would be you.
          (Epiphany)
          56. For size
          Spoiler:
          CARTER: You know, John, your name *was* on the shortlist.
          SHEPPARD: Yeah, I know. I saw what they did to Elizabeth – the politics and the red tape. I didn't envy her. I don't envy *you*.
          CARTER: Thanks!
          SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn't over yet. She's still out there.
          CARTER: You really believe there's a chance she's still alive?
          SHEPPARD: There's only one way to know for sure.
          CARTER: You're suggesting we go back.
          SHEPPARD: We should have done it sooner, but the I.O.A.'s been stonewalling me. Now that you're in charge, maybe you can give me the green light.
          CARTER: I'm sorry, but it's too dangerous.
          SHEPPARD: It's no more dangerous than the *last* time we went in.
          CARTER: Circumstances were different, plus you had an advantage then that you don't have now.
          SHEPPARD: Well, she's the one who gave us that advantage. The only reason we're here is because of what she did.
          CARTER: Believe me, I know, and I don't like the idea of leaving someone behind any more than you do. But I am not about to send you or anyone else on a suicide mission. Now, you come to me with a plan that has even an outside chance of succeeding and I'll consider it.
          Short of that, John, I'm sorry. There's nothing I can do.
          SHEPPARD (reluctantly): Fair enough. (Reunion)
          sigpic
          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! It's a bright sunny Lazy!Day on the Sparky thread!

Okay, guys, since you talked me into writing the sparky essay, I'm gonna need some help. Do you happen to know any good essays or articles dealing with romance, types of romance or characters, or perhaps romance in science fiction? I have an idea how to make mine, yes, but research is always good.

Gosh, this is going t be so good! *starts stretching her academic fingers*
            Yay! Sparky essay for the win!

I'm just skimming over that link SR posted, and it looks like it's got some great material to get started. Hmm, I'm gonna have to spend some quality time here, myself.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

For today's Lazy!Day fic rec, I present:

Three Days Off (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3), by featherjean. Part of The Blessing AU series by featherjean and spacefiend. The premise: Set in early Season 1, following a ceremony to seal an alliance, John and Elizabeth find that they are telepathically linked. In this particular installment, while Elizabeth is recovering from an illness, she and John take some time off to lounge on the beach. Yeah, you know what that means. John gets to ogle Lizzie in a bikini.

Happy Sparky reading!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

(Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
                (Vegas)

(Grace Under Pressure)

(Condemned)

(Bates stops again.)
                (Hot Zone)

Spoiler:
                (Rising)

(Trinity)

(The Long Goodbye)

(Conversion)

(The Siege 2)
                (Inferno)

Spoiler:

(Epiphany)

56. For size
                Spoiler:
                SHEPPARD: Yeah, I know. I saw what they did to Elizabeth – the politics and the red tape. I didn't envy her. I don't envy *you*.
                SHEPPARD: You know, for most of us, this thing with Elizabeth isn't over yet. She's still out there.
                SHEPPARD: We should have done it sooner, but the I.O.A.'s been stonewalling me. Now that you're in charge, maybe you can give me the green light.
                CARTER: Circumstances were different, plus you had an advantage then that you don't have now.
                SHEPPARD: Well, she's the one who gave us that advantage. The only reason we're here is because of what she did.
                CARTER: Believe me, I know, and I don't like the idea of leaving someone behind any more than you do. But I am not about to send you or anyone else on a suicide mission. Now, you come to me with a plan that has even an outside chance of succeeding and I'll consider it.

57. ATLANTIS. WEIR'S OFFICE. Aiden walks in, apparently summoned by Elizabeth.
                WEIR: Lieutenant, I'd like you to put a team on standby for a rescue mission.
                FORD: Is the major alright?
                WEIR: I'm sure he's just fine. I'd just like to have a team ready.
                FORD: So, just in case?
                WEIR: Yeah. Just in case.
                FORD: Yes, ma'am.

(The Defiant One)

Just one of many times that Lizzie's Sheppard!Sense went off.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;10121445]Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

(Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
                  (Vegas)

(Grace Under Pressure)

(Condemned)

(Bates stops again.)
                  (Hot Zone)

Spoiler:
                  (Rising)

(Trinity)

(The Long Goodbye)

(Conversion)

(The Siege 2)
                  (Inferno)

Spoiler:

(Epiphany)

56. For size
                  Spoiler:

(The Defiant One)

Spoiler:
                  STARGATE COMMAND CORRIDORS.

SHEPPARD'S VOICE (echoing): Elizabeth?
                  (Elizabeth turns back towards the kneeling SFs and sees John -- his face visible for the first time -- standing behind them.)
                  WEIR: John!
                  SHEPPARD: You've been infected by nanites. They're trying to take control of your mind and body.
                  (Back in the Atlantis Infirmary, John is speaking quietly to her.)
                  SHEPPARD: Don't let them do it.
                  (In the S.G.C. corridors, John continues talking.)
                  SHEPPARD: You have to fight ‘em. So fight.
                  (Behind her, Jack walks up behind the other two SFs.)
                  O'NEILL: Elizabeth.
                  (Elizabeth turns to face him.)
                  O'NEILL: You have to come with us. I'm sorry.
                  SHEPPARD: You know which way you have to go.
                  (Elizabeth turns to face John again.)
                  SHEPPARD (quietly, firmly): Run.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Spoiler:

(Elizabeth turns back towards the kneeling SFs and sees John -- his face visible for the first time -- standing behind them.)
                    SHEPPARD: You've been infected by nanites. They're trying to take control of your mind and body.
                    Oh, heck yeah! That's Sparky Love!

*scurries off to find another quote*

Comment

Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41 and up...

(This mortal Coil)

(Common Ground)

(The Long Goodbye)

Spoiler:
                      (Vegas)

(Grace Under Pressure)

(Condemned)

(Bates stops again.)
                      (Hot Zone)

Spoiler:
                      (Rising)

(Trinity)

(The Long Goodbye)

(Conversion)

(The Siege 2)

(Inferno)

Spoiler:
                      SHEPPARD: Once these human bodies are made and they're downloaded into them, what happens then?

(Epiphany)

56. For size
                      Spoiler:

(The Defiant One)

Spoiler:

59. ELIZABETH’S OFFICE. Elizabeth is sitting behind her desk reading her laptop. John walks in and goes over to stand beside her. He leans down to look at her screen.
                      SHEPPARD: Well, how’s it coming?
                      WEIR (without looking up): Actually, I think I’m just getting to the good bit.
                      SHEPPARD: Don’t you hate it when people interrupt right when things are getting good?

(Tao of Rodney)

Comment

:: is so loving the quotes ::

Comment

I keep my small press review. I give you proof that some French magazines are fans of Sparky. So here is the commentary that can be found in the French magazines Arthelius on the episode “Conversion”. I translate only the part referring to Sparky
                          “The relationship between Elizabeth and John explored in this episode helps reveal her feelings for her subordinate, adding a touch of tenderness in a rather fierce history.”
                          “John is more protective than ever towards Elizabeth. He doesn’t want to hurt her after his strange transformation. It is without doubt the relationship that is confirmed between the two characters that fans of the couple have been careful not to forget”

They don’t speak of the kiss between Teyla and Sheppard.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I keep my small press review. I give you proof that some French magazines are fans of Sparky. So here is the commentary that can be found in the French magazines Arthelius on the episode “Conversion”. I translate only the part referring to Sparky
                            “The relationship between Elizabeth and John explored in this episode helps reveal her feelings for her subordinate, adding a touch of tenderness in a rather fierce history.”
                            “John is more protective than ever towards Elizabeth. He doesn’t want to hurt her after his strange transformation. It is without doubt the relationship that is confirmed between the two characters that fans of the couple have been careful not to forget”

They don’t speak of the kiss between Teyla and Sheppard.
                            Wow, just wow. That is amazing. Over here it was just the opposite. All the talk was about how the relationship between Sheppard and Teyla was about to change forever and so on. And there was much talk on the forum about the fact that he choked Weir but kissed Teyla.

So, before a simple statement of facts gets us modded, I'll move on.

Let's condense our list to make it less bulky.

Best Sparky Quotes

#1-40

#41-59

60. [for length]
                            Spoiler:
                            WEIR: How is Major Sheppard?
                            SHEPPARD (grimacing in pain): I'm still here.
                            WEIR: Hang in there, Major. We're working on the problem.
                            SHEPPARD: I know you are. Listen, uh, I'd like to say something while I still can.
                            WEIR: Don't! You're gonna get through this.
                            (Sheppard smiles slightly.)
                            SHEPPARD: If I was ... he wouldn't have let me go.
                            WEIR: Who wouldn't have let you go?
                            SHEPPARD: The Wraith.

FLASHBACK. On the Wraith planet, a Wraith guard approaches Sheppard and looks down at him. Sheppard is on his knees, unable to move, with the bug attached around his neck. The Wraith looks down at him for a moment, realises what has happened to him, turns and walks away.
                            END FLASHBACK.

SHEPPARD: I guess he saw me as good as dead, ‘cause he just walked away, so ... (he clears his throat) what I wanted to say was ...
                            WEIR: Save your strength, John, and tell me in person.
                            SHEPPARD: This is important.
                            (Weir sighs and closes her eyes.)
                            WEIR: I'm listening.
                            (As Sheppard opens his mouth, Ford has an idea.)
                            (38 Min)

sigpic

Comment

I would say that both relationships have changed after "Conversion", but the one that became even more prominent and important, and has gained in strength happens to be the topic of this thread.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I would say that both relationships have changed after "Conversion", but the one that became even more prominent and important, and has gained in strength happens to be the topic of this thread.
                                And it appears that the French were way ahead of everyone except us on that news. It was definitely a turning point for Sparky. At this point according to Carson Beckett, CMO, she was John's next of kin. And then in Adrift according to Jennifer Keller, CMO, he was hers. Canon, baby.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X