Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good afternoon, Sparkies!

    Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    *watches tumbleweed pass by*
    Seriously... where is everyone??
    Glued to their TVs watching the BSG marathon on SciFi? I am...
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      *watches tumbleweed pass by*
      Seriously... where is everyone??
      Working. No, seriously.

      I think it's been a busy couple of weeks for everyone. Plus, there's that little bit of 'as SGA fades' feeling, I think. Being that it's no longer weekly, it's either:

      1) Not a source of fresh material: people aren't blogging as frequently week after week about new developments;

      2) No longer a constant stab in a raw wound: with only a movie left, it's not a continually evolving reminder of what happened after S3.

      Take your pick.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Glued to their TVs watching the BSG marathon on SciFi? I am...
        Ah, that could explain something... but it still doesn't apply to the Europeans

        Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Working. No, seriously.

        I think it's been a busy couple of weeks for everyone. Plus, there's that little bit of 'as SGA fades' feeling, I think. Being that it's no longer weekly, it's either:

        1) Not a source of fresh material: people aren't blogging as frequently week after week about new developments;

        2) No longer a constant stab in a raw wound: with only a movie left, it's not a continually evolving reminder of what happened after S3.

        Take your pick.
        Pffff, lame excuses

        Sig by me

        Comment


          Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          Working. No, seriously.

          I think it's been a busy couple of weeks for everyone. Plus, there's that little bit of 'as SGA fades' feeling, I think. Being that it's no longer weekly, it's either:

          1) Not a source of fresh material: people aren't blogging as frequently week after week about new developments;

          2) No longer a constant stab in a raw wound: with only a movie left, it's not a continually evolving reminder of what happened after S3.

          Take your pick.
          On the other hand, every fresh round of news coming out of SGU is another splash of salt in the wound that yet again, we've been cheated out of a proper resolution, first with Weir, now with Atlantis as a whole. And I think perhaps people are getting tired of the reminder and drifting away.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Here... but hungover.... and I'm supposed to be at a community meeting in about half an hour.... must have coffee....

            Comment


              Okay, it's Pretty!Day here on the Sparky thread, and you know what that means... fic rec time!

              The Dragons of Locaris, by chiarahhue. S5 AU: Carson has settled on a planet inhabited by a race of being out of legend... and then Elizabeth falls out of the sky. Is it really her? And what will John's reaction be?

              Happy reading!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                On the other hand, every fresh round of news coming out of SGU is another splash of salt in the wound that yet again, we've been cheated out of a proper resolution, first with Weir, now with Atlantis as a whole. And I think perhaps people are getting tired of the reminder and drifting away.
                Ohh... now I'm sad! "Drifting away..." I feel suddenly lonely. It makes sense though, and I can definitely understand and sympathize. We as SGA fans got screwed, there's no doubt about it.

                But Sparky serves as a very good anchor to fandom for me. I really believe that it is what has allowed me to maintain my current level of obsession for so long.

                I mean I was a fan before, but it was only after really discovering Sparky that I reached the level I'm at now, both for SGA and SG-1. I mean, I had zero involvement in any kind of internet fandom before around February or March of last year. I had only read some SG-1 fanfic, but nothing else. But then it was like all of a sudden, I was watching Atlantis on DVD and the end of the ep must have been particularly Sparky (I'm thinking it was a balcony scene, but I'm not sure) and I was all happy because my awareness of them had been coming on very slowly for a while, and I was like "I wonder if there's any fanfic for them as a couple. I think I'll go look." And then I started reading SGA fanfic, and then only started writing it late last year.
                Having a ship like this really adds a whole other dimension to being a fan I think.


                Okay, woah, sorry about the whole history of my life up there. Couldn't help it.
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                  Ohh... now I'm sad! "Drifting away..." I feel suddenly lonely. It makes sense though, and I can definitely understand and sympathize. We as SGA fans got screwed, there's no doubt about it.

                  But Sparky serves as a very good anchor to fandom for me. I really believe that it is what has allowed me to maintain my current level of obsession for so long.

                  I mean I was a fan before, but it was only after really discovering Sparky that I reached the level I'm at now, both for SGA and SG-1. I mean, I had zero involvement in any kind of internet fandom before around February or March of last year. I had only read some SG-1 fanfic, but nothing else. But then it was like all of a sudden, I was watching Atlantis on DVD and the end of the ep must have been particularly Sparky (I'm thinking it was a balcony scene, but I'm not sure) and I was all happy because my awareness of them had been coming on very slowly for a while, and I was like "I wonder if there's any fanfic for them as a couple. I think I'll go look." And then I started reading SGA fanfic, and then only started writing it late last year.
                  Having a ship like this really adds a whole other dimension to being a fan I think.


                  Okay, woah, sorry about the whole history of my life up there. Couldn't help it.
                  You're so right... Sparky is the best anchor for this fandom. During SG1 I shipped Jack/Sam, but they never got to me as much as Sparky did... Sparky is just... just... too awesome to be able to put into words!!
                  Sparky is almost a fandom on its own.

                  And I also got more into SG1 and the whole SG fandom because of Sparky... weird hu?

                  And Erin, no worries about the history of your life, it's always fun to read how people got into Sparky

                  Sig by me

                  Comment


                    Gah, the forum's running slow again (at least for me). *headdesk*

                    Erin, Kris, you two are so right about Sparky being the anchor for the fandom. Hey, they're the Mom and Dad of Atlantis, so of course they would be!

                    Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                    You're so right... Sparky is the best anchor for this fandom. During SG1 I shipped Jack/Sam, but they never got to me as much as Sparky did... Sparky is just... just... too awesome to be able to put into words!!
                    Sparky is almost a fandom on its own.

                    And I also got more into SG1 and the whole SG fandom because of Sparky... weird hu?


                    And Erin, no worries about the history of your life, it's always fun to read how people got into Sparky
                    Yep, Sparky is a fandom of its own. I think that's part of what makes it so special.

                    And I really got more into SG fandom as a whole because of Sparky, too. Sparky is what keeps me here. I love it, and I love them, and I love you guys. 'Cause we Sparkies ROCK!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      On the other hand, every fresh round of news coming out of SGU is another splash of salt in the wound that yet again, we've been cheated out of a proper resolution, first with Weir, now with Atlantis as a whole. And I think perhaps people are getting tired of the reminder and drifting away.
                      I can’t be bothered with SGU. Would only end up being disappointed again.

                      I can't wait for Primeval season 3, due to start 28th March Yay!!!!!! and season 4 already confirmed Dbl Yay!!!!.
                      BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        You're so right... Sparky is the best anchor for this fandom. During SG1 I shipped Jack/Sam, but they never got to me as much as Sparky did... Sparky is just... just... too awesome to be able to put into words!!
                        Sparky is almost a fandom on its own.

                        And I also got more into SG1 and the whole SG fandom because of Sparky... weird hu?

                        And Erin, no worries about the history of your life, it's always fun to read how people got into Sparky
                        I know!! *huge grin* It is too awesome to put into words! I shipped Sam and Jack too, and I would squee on an ep like Divide and Conquer, but it didn't have nearly the hold on me that Sparky does. It's like Sparky has completely taken over my head! I seem to remember a previous conversation when you mentioned how you thought about Sparky every five seconds... I do too. My location really is true.
                        -
                        Nah, not too weird. If you watch because of Sparky, you can't help but eventually start to notice just how good the show is as well. They just draw you completely into their world.
                        -
                        And on that note... it seems to naturally lead to the question: So how did you get into Sparky?
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Okay, it's Pretty!Day here on the Sparky thread, and you know what that means... fic rec time!

                          The Dragons of Locaris, by chiarahhue. S5 AU: Carson has settled on a planet inhabited by a race of being out of legend... and then Elizabeth falls out of the sky. Is it really her? And what will John's reaction be?

                          Happy reading!
                          Oh I love this story! It was wonderful! Thank you so much for the rec!
                          sigpic
                          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Gah, the forum's running slow again (at least for me). *headdesk*

                            Erin, Kris, you two are so right about Sparky being the anchor for the fandom. Hey, they're the Mom and Dad of Atlantis, so of course they would be!



                            Yep, Sparky is a fandom of its own. I think that's part of what makes it so special.

                            And I really got more into SG fandom as a whole because of Sparky, too. Sparky is what keeps me here. I love it, and I love them, and I love you guys. 'Cause we Sparkies ROCK!
                            Aww... *hugs Scary Kitty* We love you too. And we really do rock, don't we?
                            SPARKY PARTY TIME!! *throws confetti and jumps up and down to music*
                            sigpic
                            Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Gah, the forum's running slow again (at least for me). *headdesk*
                              *pats SK*
                              It's not just you

                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Erin, Kris, you two are so right about Sparky being the anchor for the fandom. Hey, they're the Mom and Dad of Atlantis, so of course they would be!
                              They so are the mom and dad of Atlantis
                              *needs to remind it for use in fic*

                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              And I really got more into SG fandom as a whole because of Sparky, too. Sparky is what keeps me here. I love it, and I love them, and I love you guys. 'Cause we Sparkies ROCK!
                              We Sparkies absolutely ROCK!!
                              I mean... our ship is supposed to be "dead" for over two years but just look at the amount and quality of fanfics and art that it still spawns... just amazing and it shows how strong and amazing Sparky is.
                              And I love all of you guys too!! *huggles thread*

                              Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              I know!! *huge grin* It is too awesome to put into words! I shipped Sam and Jack too, and I would squee on an ep like Divide and Conquer, but it didn't have nearly the hold on me that Sparky does. It's like Sparky has completely taken over my head! I seem to remember a previous conversation when you mentioned how you thought about Sparky every five seconds... I do too. My location really is true.
                              I know!! At least every 5 seconds... sometimes even continuously... And that's not counting the constant attacks of plotbunnies...

                              Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                              And on that note... it seems to naturally lead to the question: So how did you get into Sparky?
                              *facepalm* I should have known
                              Alright... I'll try to keep it short: SG1 and SGA are broadcast at rotten hours over here... either 5PM on a sunday or reruns at 8AM during the week. Those are hours I'm usually busy, so I missed more episodes than I cared for and even if I taped them, I usually didn't have the time to watch them
                              So when SGA started I was barely able to watch half of the episodes of s1 and s2. I also spend some time online before the first ep and saw John/Teyla promoted everywhere, so I started watching with the presumption that they would be the main ship, but I just didn't see it...
                              So somewhere in the middle of s3, I was online again (for some reason I didn't spend a lot of time online on fandoms that I love) and looking into SGA info when I stumbled onto Command Dynamics. I was intrigued and started reading some of the fics. With the memory of Sparky fresh in my mind I watched the rest of s3 and was baffled by the pure amount of UST between these two characters and was amazed I hadn't noticed it before. So s3 was finished and I ran to the store to get the two first seasons on DVD and I watched them twice in a row while gaping at all the amazing Sparky moments I completely overlooked the first time and I was completely and utterly lost in Sparky. But then I heard Torri was getting kicked out and my heart broke
                              Luckily I found solace in the amazing Sparky community

                              And I really need to learn to keep stories short

                              Sig by me

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                                Aww... *hugs Scary Kitty* We love you too. And we really do rock, don't we?
                                SPARKY PARTY TIME!! *throws confetti and jumps up and down to music*
                                Yay!! Sparky Party!!
                                *passes around Mojito's and Cuba Libre's*

                                Sig by me

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X