No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning Sparkies! How are we all this fine morning?

I spent most of yesterday sleeping and unpacking.. still feel a little flat, but otherwise recovered from the trip back from Victoria.

YAY for Sparky winning Battle Of the Ships!! WE ROCK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yunadax View Post
      YAY for Sparky winning Battle Of the Ships!! WE ROCK!!!
      No, it means you have a lot of people voting instead of abstaining. *iz severely disgruntled* (not with Sparky having the most votes)
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Just wanted to let everyone know: Sparky Wins!

But there's still some tiebreakers to be voted on, so do your part and vote!
        YES!!! *fist pump* Woohoo!! Sparky Rules!!
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          No, it means you have a lot of people voting instead of abstaining. *iz severely disgruntled* (not with Sparky having the most votes)
          True. I guess there is truth in the number of people per ships. I'm sure if this was played with people from LJ McShep would have knocked everything out of the water for example. But yeah here Sparky seems to be one of the dominant ships.

I try not to abstain, but sometimes it's hard so I do.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Whew, what a day! I'm tired, still a little headachy and sick, but after a nice long nap, I'm feeling better.

Now, to see what I missed...

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Rofl, I was thinking the exact same thing
            Or maybe they opened a Starbucks in Atlantis? Now that would make for a fun fic me thinks
            *tries to imagine Marines as baristas and dies laughing* That could be so much damn fun!

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Hehe, either that or he's trying to bribe her! Lol!!!
            Hmm, you know, that brings up a good question: What would Lizzie's favorite coffee drink be? And John's?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Notice how John is the most alert looking one of the group. Maybe everyone else should have stopped at Starbucks too. Hee. Or maybe it's because he is looking at Elizabeth...that way.
            Elizabeth Weir... better than caffeine.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Elizabeth Weir... better than caffeine.
              ROFL..... that so funny..

As for the coffee drinks.. hrmm.. I could see Elizabeth with a Chai Latte
              As for John.. coffee.. strong... black...

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                True. I guess there is truth in the number of people per ships. I'm sure if this was played with people from LJ McShep would have knocked everything out of the water for example. But yeah here Sparky seems to be one of the dominant ships.

I try not to abstain, but sometimes it's hard so I do.
                McShep dominant on LJ -- so true. At least, that's how it seems to me. Then again, there are a lot of Sparky shippers there who aren't here, so maybe it evens out... *shrugs*

I hear you about abstaining; when the choice is between ships that you equally like or dislike, sometimes it's just too headache-inducing to choose.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ROFL..... that so funny..

As for the coffee drinks.. hrmm.. I could see Elizabeth with a Chai Latte
                  As for John.. coffee.. strong... black...
                  Chai Latte (even though that's made with tea, not coffee) is so fitting... Hmm, didn't Torri or Rachel say something long ago about the two of them doing yoga together and drinking chai lattes? Teyla would probably love chai lattes, too.

I suppose when Lizzie's feeling like really treating herself, she could go for a mocha. Maybe a raspberry mocha... gotta have that red.

Strong black coffee for John. Hell yeah.

Comment

LOL Red.. even in coffee! Thats so cute

I heard in the commentary for one of the season 1 eps where Rachel and Torri were talking about chai lattes and yoga.. so that's where I got the notion from

TGIF.. can't wait for Saturday!

Comment

The only place where many people gather every day... so, I have a question which could be rhetorical but you may answer if you really want to.

I'll put it under wraps cause it's a little OT:

Spoiler:
                      How insane do you think I must be to want to do a musicvid to Reel Around The Sun from Riverdance?

^^That's from one of their performances, but the CD-version includes the tap-sounds, which I intend to use to indicate change and all that. It would be a season 1 to 5 vid...if I can manage cause I must be really insane. Oh yeah, and to add to the insanity I can only use windows movie maker.

Comment

Oi don't knock Irish Dancing.. I love it I saw Riverdance twice while it was in Sydney

I shall now return you to your normal programming...

Comment

Oi don't knock Irish Dancing.. I love it I saw Riverdance twice while it was in Sydney
                          I'm not making fun of it... Hell, I wish I could dance like that. I know American tapdance, but Irish is so much cooler and awesome. The shoes alone are way cooler than the lightweight tapshoes of the American style tap.

Saw Riverdance as well...

You know, I want to use as much of the original expedition as is possible, and highlight great (Sparky) moments in season 4. I definitely want grieving John, and BAMSR Elizabeth, Franibeth when she walks through the gate and glances back whistfully. Not sure what images I can use from season 5 though (apart from GITM).... that could proof to be problematic.

How is the Spark in season 5? I find that it usually means good team too, and many usable imagery.

Comment

The only place where many people gather every day... so, I have a question which could be rhetorical but you may answer if you really want to.

Spoiler:
                            How insane do you think I must be to want to do a musicvid to Reel Around The Sun from Riverdance?

^^That's from one of their performances, but the CD-version includes the tap-sounds, which I intend to use to indicate change and all that. It would be a season 1 to 5 vid...if I can manage cause I must be really insane. Oh yeah, and to add to the insanity I can only use windows movie maker.
                            I think this would make a great vid. You're brave to attempt it with Windows though.

I'm not making fun of it... Hell, I wish I could dance like that. I know American tapdance, but Irish is so much cooler and awesome. The shoes alone are way cooler than the lightweight tapshoes of the American style tap.

Saw Riverdance as well...

You know, I want to use as much of the original expedition as is possible, and highlight great (Sparky) moments in season 4. I definitely want grieving John, and BAMSR Elizabeth, Franibeth when she walks through the gate and glances back whistfully. Not sure what images I can use from season 5 though (apart from GITM).... that could proof to be problematic.

How is the Spark in season 5? I find that it usually means good team too, and many usable imagery.
                            If you use some of the sad John face clips from Vegas, it would work great with Sparky. There are sad John faces in several eps, like in Outsiders when the guy is
                            Spoiler:
                            talking about his dead wife
                            and in Remnants you could use a number of reaction shots from John. Also parts of S&R can be tweaked as can The Shrine. Poor woobie John is around a lot. He never really looks even remotely content in S5.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Spoiler:

It's insane, but it's also an AWESOME idea! You should do it!
                              But then, I like Irish dance too, so maybe I'm just a little biased. Teehee!

Comment

Spoiler:

Oh! That would be neat, and I like Irish music as well.

Rally brave to do it with WMM, indeed. Though looking at some of my first music videos which I did with WMM and I think they're better than some of the ones I did with Premeire.

I think when you lack more of the effects like in WMM you turn more to storytelling, and that's awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X