Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday KrisRussel!

Congratulations Erin 87 on your promotion!

Comment

so.. what have i missed?

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Congratulations And no prob on that other thing. So if you got to CMS at 100, does that mean I get to Captain at 1000, Major at 1500, Lt Col at 1750, Colonel at 2000? I looked it up in the FAQ's, but they don't seem to have updated it recently
        It's a deep, dark, secret, didn't you know? The mods never answer this question.

Not sure if this vid has been rec'd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJkw33-o7s
        Music - Promise, Tracy Chapman

Happy Birthday Kris!
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
          Happy Birthday KrisRussel!

Congratulations Erin 87 on your promotion!
          Thanks!
          sigpic
          Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Voting Link -- and What The Hell is Up With Mine Losing to Ties!?

1. John/Ronon vs Elizabeth/Rodney
            2. Carson/Laura vs Elizabeth/Ronon
            3. Teyla/Ronon vs Carson/Alison
            4. Teyla/Carson vs Teyla/Kate
            5. Elizabeth/Steven vs Ronon/Sam
            6. Rodney/Laura vs Chuck/Amelia
            7. Elizabeth/Carson vs Teyla/Rodney
            8. John/Elizabeth vs John/Sam
            9. Elizabeth/Radek vs Elizabeth/Daniel
            10. Evan/Laura vs John/Nancy
            11. John/Rodney vs Rodney/Jennifer
            12. John/Vala vs Teyla/Michael
            13. Rodney/Katie vs Rodney/Carson
            14. Teyla/Kanaan vs Jennifer/Evan
            15. Teyla/Evan vs Ronon/Jennifer
            16. Ronon/Amelia vs John/Teyla
            To be honest I don't think I've ever met a Supernatural fan who wasn't female.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Is that why her hair keeps getting shorter, so he can't grab it and drag her off?
              To quote SK:

Oh no you didn't !!
              Oh yes she did! SR, that was priceless!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yes you should. On this week's episode
                Spoiler:
                there were evil strippers. And sometimes they blow things up. The guys not the strippers.
                The hot guys are easily overlooked by...um...other guys. *grin*
                They're

female strippers right?

Coz I couldn't quite tell from your description. But given that its not R18 its hardly worth watching just for that

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                It's a deep, dark, secret, didn't you know? The mods never answer this question.
                Probably something to do with greens too *shrugs*

Not sure if this vid has been rec'd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMJkw33-o7s
                Music - Promise, Tracy Chapman

Happy Birthday Kris!
                2nd that. Not a song I would have thought of for sparky, or a vid, but it works really well here

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                To be honest I don't think I've ever met a Supernatural fan who wasn't female.
                Exacery

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Oh yes she did! SR, that was priceless!
                Yet another cave/caveman reference
                sigpic

Comment

Is that why her hair keeps getting shorter, so he can't grab it and drag her off?
                  Maybe so! Maybe it's why I like short-haired Teyla better though. I hated those dreadful wigs they gave her in the first half of s1 before settling on the one she kept for s2 and s3. (Except it might not just be one ... do they use a different wig when Teyla puts her hair up? My wig-knowledge is quite limited.)

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                    Maybe so! Maybe it's why I like short-haired Teyla better though. I hated those dreadful wigs they gave her in the first half of s1 before settling on the one she kept for s2 and s3. (Except it might not just be one ... do they use a different wig when Teyla puts her hair up? My wig-knowledge is quite limited.)
                    Oh, I know! The early wigs were hideous; that first one looked almost pink, for pity's sake!

Different wigs for different hairstyles? Well, they probably do have several wigs ready for use, in case something happens to the regular one. If it's a simple change in style, like just pulling the top of her hair back from her face, but letting the lower part hang free (we've seen that quite a few times), then they probably just do it with the normal wig. If it's totally pinned up, they might style it on a wig head first before putting the wig on Rachel. I dunno; I'm not exactly up on wig/hair stuff either (though I do know quite a bit about makeup).
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh, I know! The early wigs were hideous; that first one looked almost pink, for pity's sake!

Different wigs for different hairstyles? Well, they probably do have several wigs ready for use, in case something happens to the regular one. If it's a simple change in style, like just pulling the top of her hair back from her face, but letting the lower part hang free (we've seen that quite a few times), then they probably just do it with the normal wig. If it's totally pinned up, they might style it on a wig head first before putting the wig on Rachel. I dunno; I'm not exactly up on wig/hair stuff either (though I do know quite a bit about makeup).

I know nothing about wigs or hairstyles, but my guess would be that they made her wear the longer wig earlier on when she was doing more fight scenes (rather than Rachel's own hair which is much prettier) as it is easier to disguise the stunt doubles. When she wasn't doing so much, they 'allowed' her to cut it shorter (the studio have control over actors appearance, hence the JM/wig of ebil debacle)
                      sigpic

Comment

I know nothing about wigs or hairstyles, but my guess would be that they made her wear the longer wig earlier on when she was doing more fight scenes (rather than Rachel's own hair which is much prettier) as it is easier to disguise the stunt doubles. When she wasn't doing so much, they 'allowed' her to cut it shorter (the studio have control over actors appearance, hence the JM/wig of ebil debacle)
                        Eh, I don't really think that's the case, at least for Teyla. Ronon's dreadlocks have become a trademark of his appearance; that's why the studio didn't want to cut them. Teyla's hair doesn't have the same significance for the audience. But I definitely agree that masking the use of stunt doubles was probably one reason for putting Rachel in a wig.

Comment

Eh, I don't really think that's the case, at least for Teyla. Ronon's dreadlocks have become a trademark of his appearance; that's why the studio didn't want to cut them. Teyla's hair doesn't have the same significance for the audience. But I definitely agree that masking the use of stunt doubles was probably one reason for putting Rachel in a wig.
                          That and I guess the wig looks more.... "exotic"? I like her S2 and S3 appearance. That first wig and the one she has in TS/TE, Defiant one etc are hideous. But Ronon's with beats them all, heck, I think that thing could eat all of the Teya's wigs for breakfast. It's so fuglyYYYYYYYYYYY!
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Ronon's dreads were a trademark. That awful wig was an abomination. I never understood why they didn't take one look at it and just let Ronon have short hair *shrugs*

As for Teyla, you're probably right. I remember MW saying in a commentary (I think it was the s10 opening with AT) that they really only had to keep it uniform from the end of the season to the start eg AT had grown her hair long over the hiatus, but had to cut it short again to match her last appearance. The same applied to TH in s3, although i think they clipped it up or something?
                            sigpic

Comment

Ronon's dreads were a trademark. That awful wig was an abomination. I never understood why they didn't take one look at it and just let Ronon have short hair *shrugs*

As for Teyla, you're probably right. I remember MW saying in a commentary (I think it was the s10 opening with AT) that they really only had to keep it uniform from the end of the season to the start eg AT had grown her hair long over the hiatus, but had to cut it short again to match her last appearance. The same applied to TH in s3, although i think they clipped it up or something?
                              I love almost all TH's hairstyles - the only exception is The Rising / 38 minutes hair. With hair cut short she looks girlish, S2 season hair was $exy as hell and S3 hair was just stunning.

One of my fav Elizabeth looks, both because of hair and make up:

Spoiler:

Um, no:

Lady look:

Girly curls! I don't remeber who made the T shirt, hehe.

The absolutely stunning look.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

I'm not sure who this actually belongs to, but this is from 38 Minutes

She looks hot there (IMO of course), as she does at the end of Rising. Plus both of those end scenes are made of awesome
                                Last edited by gateraid; 13 February 2009, 11:41 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X