Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    S4/S5 Fix-it Prompts. God, some of these are hilarious. (In a good way!!)
    I love this one as it's so simple, yet makes so much sense
    - Tabula Rasa based fic, when remembering Elizabeth, John decides that it was time to go find her.

And just imagine this was true
    - This Mortal Coil: ReliKeller lied, and the "duplicate" Elizabeth is the real Elizabeth.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      - This Mortal Coil: ReliKeller lied, and the "duplicate" Elizabeth is the real Elizabeth.
      I actually liked that Keller, lol. I don't think I have room to hate oe more!

Comment

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
        *drools over Reeses' peanutbutter cups* I have to fast for 6 hours cause I'm having 4 wisdom teeth removed. Have fun, eat lots for me.
        Owwie! I've had oral surgery before, and it's not fun. At least the happy drugs kept me from feeling it too much. *hugs*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good afternoon, Sparkies! I've got a cute little Lazy!Day fic rec for you!

Devious Planning, by luxuria_oceanus. John and Elizabeth are trapped in a cave... or are they? This one's a little different from many fics, as it's dialogue-only, leaving the reader to paint their own picture in their mind's eye. And it's quite funny.

Happy reading!
          Ta for the link for the fic Just what I needed on a boring day at work!

Comment

S4/S5 Fix-it Prompts. God, some of these are hilarious. (In a good way!!)
            Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            I love this one as it's so simple, yet makes so much sense
            - Tabula Rasa based fic, when remembering Elizabeth, John decides that it was time to go find her.

And it really goes to show that fic writers do it better than TPTW. We've got better ideas, we know how to execute them in spectacular fashion without dropping the ball, and we actually respect the characters, the actors, and our fellow fans.

I actually liked that Keller, lol. I don't think I have room to hate oe more!
            I always liked Keller when she was acting like a mature, professional adult rather than a whiny damsel-in-distress. I wish she would've been the former all the time instead of just a couple of rare instances. One of my favorite Keller moments is in Adrift when she's talking to John about Elizabeth's injuries; she's a consummate professional in her element... and she's treating John gently, like she sees him as Lizzie's husband and he's about to become a widower. That scene just made me weep.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I will only write a fix-it to anything (which I occasionally tend to do) when it involves lots of Kate... in fact I have a Doppelganger fix it floating around my harddrive that is slightly AU to begin with anyway (crossover too with Forever Knight if anyone knows that) since both Carson and Elizabeth are still there. And one knocking on the door of my bunny-room.

But there's always room for Elizabeth and perhaps some back and forth between John and herself - subtle bits of Sparky if you will.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                I will only write a fix-it to anything (which I occasionally tend to do) when it involves lots of Kate... in fact I have a Doppelganger fix it floating around my harddrive that is slightly AU to begin with anyway (crossover too with Forever Knight if anyone knows that) since both Carson and Elizabeth are still there. And one knocking on the door of my bunny-room.

But there's always room for Elizabeth and perhaps some back and forth between John and herself - subtle bits of Sparky if you will.
                Heh, I think you know we'll all take Sparky any way we can get it.

Comment

And it really goes to show that fic writers do it better than TPTW. We've got better ideas, we know how to execute them in spectacular fashion without dropping the ball, and we actually respect the characters, the actors, and our fellow fans.
                  So very true! I have read numerous fics that were insanely better than an average episode... Some fic writers are truly talented.

Which reminds me... I'm actually looking for a new beta... my current beta is awesome as he can suggest some terrific things, but he's very busy with school and so it takes some time before he can tackle my stories. So, if anyone is interested in becoming my beta, please, pm me. I'd be forever grateful!

I always liked Keller when she was acting like a mature, professional adult rather than a whiny damsel-in-distress. I wish she would've been the former all the time instead of just a couple of rare instances. One of my favorite Keller moments is in Adrift when she's talking to John about Elizabeth's injuries; she's a consummate professional in her element... and she's treating John gently, like she sees him as Lizzie's husband and he's about to become a widower. That scene just made me weep.
                  I got nothing against Keller either, but I also like her more when she acts professional and mature... A heck of a lot more. That scene in Adrift really is the Keller I like (even though she can't save our Lizzie) and she really did treat John like he was about to lose his wife. Now the Keller in Missing *barfs*... nearly screaming like a little girl when she sees a shadow... *shudders* So do NOT like her!

Sig by me

Comment

Keller was good in First Strike and Adrift. Didn't bother me too much in DG. But it just went downhill from there and they went out of their way to make her not just annoying but incompetent.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Heh, I think you know we'll all take Sparky any way we can get it.
                    Throw a bone to them pesky Sparky shippers, eh?

I'm curious to know which episode of SGA has thrown the most bones to different ship groups. (I am determined to find it.)

Comment

I'm curious to know which episode of SGA has thrown the most bones to different ship groups. (I am determined to find it.)
                      Now that's an interesting question... we've had episodes that have thrown bones to more than one ship, even conflicting ships (Conversion and The Long Goodbye, I'm looking at you!), but the most ships in one? Hmmm...

Comment

Found another short and funny Sparky fic!

Blackmail, by upsidedownbutterfly. A tag to Tao of Rodney: Rodney knows a secret, and he's gonna milk it for all it's worth.

Happy reading!

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! I've got a cute little Lazy!Day fic rec for you!

Devious Planning, by luxuria_oceanus. John and Elizabeth are trapped in a cave... or are they? This one's a little different from many fics, as it's dialogue-only, leaving the reader to paint their own picture in their mind's eye. And it's quite funny.

Happy reading!
                          Awww. Perfect to end the day.

Originally posted by nogigglingmajor View Post
                          *drools over Reeses' peanutbutter cups* I have to fast for 6 hours cause I'm having 4 wisdom teeth removed. Have fun, eat lots for me.
                          They give you the good drugs for that. Remember John in Conversion.

Keller was good in First Strike and Adrift. Didn't bother me too much in DG. But it just went downhill from there and they went out of their way to make her not just annoying but incompetent.

Throw a bone to them pesky Sparky shippers, eh?

That would be Echoes: McShep, Sparky, Spanky, Carson/Teyla, Kate/Teyla, and probably more.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Awww. Perfect to end the day.
                            I thought so, too. It's got such an old-school Sparky vibe to it.

That would be Echoes: McShep, Sparky, Spanky, Carson/Teyla, Kate/Teyla, and probably more.
                            McKay/ZPM and Atlantis/Whale, for example.

Comment

Now that's an interesting question... we've had episodes that have thrown bones to more than one ship, even conflicting ships (Conversion and The Long Goodbye, I'm looking at you!), but the most ships in one? Hmmm...
                              Conversion and TLG make me LOL all the time at the two most conflicting ships. Yet, it manages to do it.

Yeah, for now I'd say Echoes takes the cake unless I think of some other one.

Comment

I thought so, too. It's got such an old-school Sparky vibe to it.

McKay/ZPM and Atlantis/Whale, for example.
                                Don't forget McKay/whale (Sam). Hee. I love Echoes for a lot of reasons.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X