Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Yes, everyone but the freaking producers/writers (okay, Binder gets it too) get that. And I bet everyone would just have a kick out of playing a scene when, in the perfect world and perfect show finale, John comes home, grabs Elizabeth and kisses her in front of everyone!
    Perfect show finale, when Atlantis is a mess and full of rubble and they see each other through the dust. They both go up to each other the kiss. Camera pans around them for fifteen seconds, then fades to establishing shot of the city the next day to tie things up.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
      Perfect show finale, when Atlantis is a mess and full of rubble and they see each other through the dust. They both go up to each other the kiss. Camera pans around them for fifteen seconds, then fades to establishing shot of the city the next day to tie things up.
      Aw that's perfect!

And that makes me think of something - when the show finale nears how about writing a drabbles and ficlets with our perfect ending scenes? Like this one?
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Aw that's perfect!

And that makes me think of something - when the show finale nears how about writing a drabbles and ficlets with our perfect ending scenes? Like this one?
        I've been thinking about my perfect finale and ending scenes recently. I would have it be all in Atlantis and about defending the city blah blah, and they have to do something to eliminate the Wraith and whoever bad guy happens to be there. And Elizabeth ends up ultimately ending the siege though John is reluctant to let her go again, but she has theh ighest chance of making it because of the reactivated nanites. Or something.

And she ends up coming back safe. And everybody we care about lives. Maybe I'll kill off some stock character I don't like, like Vega. I don't know.

I'll think about this tonight, because once I start visualising I cna't stop.

Comment

Quick fic rec before I go to work: http://www.sheppardweir.com/fanfics/...1417&chapter=1. It's called "It's good to be home", and was written by Erin87. Enjoy!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Yes, everyone but the freaking producers/writers (okay, Binder gets it too) get that. And I bet everyone would just have a kick out of playing a scene when, in the perfect world and perfect show finale, John comes home, grabs Elizabeth and kisses her in front of everyone!
            Ooooh, like that oh-so-famous photo of a sailor swoop-kissing a nurse in New York City at the end of World War II? That would so kick *ss.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Quick question for you all. Without alien influence, who would you say would make the first move between John and Elizabeth. Tell each other how they feel, or be the first to kiss?

In both of these events; Elizabeth has been the first to make the move, unfortunately one time under alien influence.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Feel free to tell me to F off (even subtly coz I shouldn't really be poking my nose in) but re the Sparky endings, would you have it as:

* a purely Sparky ending, regardless of hat happens elsewhere

* an ending focused on Atlantis etc with a hint of sparky (but they end up together)

If you asked me this a few yrs ago, I would've said heavily sparky related. If it had ended at s3, prob 75% sparky, the rest blah blah blah wraith, ronon teyla mckay..... s4 50% sparky, s5 25% sparky. If it ended today, with what little I've seen of s5, I'd be happy with John staying in PG, with the hint of what 'might' happen in a sparky sense. Expectations drop.

But without the s4 fiasco and Kanaan, I'd be moderately content with Sheyla. It's not to be. RL's RL killed Sheyla. Ironic huh?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                  Quick question for you all. Without alien influence, who would you say would make the first move between John and Elizabeth. Tell each other how they feel, or be the first to kiss?

In both of these events; Elizabeth has been the first to make the move, unfortunately one time under alien influence.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...rt3-Image1.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...LGimage4-1.jpg
                  Oh what the hell, I'm all over the sparky today.

Elizabeth would be the one to make the first move. It's a little cliche I guess, but she seems to be the one that is more 'touchy feely' and able to actually express her emotions. However I would add that I think it is John that cares more deeply. He is the one that always seems to me more moved by the other half of the pairings response/action. If that makes any sense
                  sigpic

Comment

Dropping off the next wallpaper/sig set

Wallpaper:

Sig:

And could somebody please give me the link to the Sparky Advent Calender? I accidentally closed the tab it was on.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                      Feel free to tell me to F off (even subtly coz I shouldn't really be poking my nose in) but re the Sparky endings, would you have it as:

* an ending focused on Atlantis etc with a hint of sparky (but they end up together)

If you asked me this a few yrs ago, I would've said heavily sparky related. If it had ended at s3, prob 75% sparky, the rest blah blah blah wraith, ronon teyla mckay..... s4 50% sparky, s5 25% sparky. If it ended today, with what little I've seen of s5, I'd be happy with John staying in PG, with the hint of what 'might' happen in a sparky sense. Expectations drop.
                      See I've never wanted sparky to take over the show. I feel that we had enough on screen to make whatever romantic ending they got believable. If they kissed and professed their love I would buy it but I don't need to see it. It would be a perfect ending yes but not the only ending I could accept. I don't even need a sparky ending just an ending with the two of them maybe smiling at each other on the balcony.

But without the s4 fiasco and Kanaan, I'd be moderately content with Sheyla. It's not to be. RL's RL killed Sheyla. Ironic huh?
                      EWWW

Honestly I would never be content with sheyla as an ending (though I doubt it would end that way now) I would throw away my s1 DVD or maybe burn it but burning might be too hazardous.

I think John would be the one to make the first move. I don't think he'll be all OMG I LOVE YOU LIZABETH. because he is awkard but maybe in his actions. I don't know maybe I just want it to be John.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                        <snip>

EWWW

Honestly I would never be content with sheyla as an ending (though I doubt it would end that way now) I would throw away my s1 DVD or maybe burn it but burning might be too hazardous.
                        In all honesty, I wouldn't be content with that either, but that's where I differ from most in this thread. I draw a line at the end of s3 (the line being a giant asuran laser beam hitting fearless leader in the head) and say that that is where sparky ends. In real life, people don't come back.

Don't get me wrong, Lifeline is actually one of my favourite SGA eps, as are TMC and GiTM. But that's because of a few expressions/reactions based upon past feelings. John's "Elizabeth" upon seeing her on the viewscreen is amazing (lets not dwell upon Rod & John deleting Asuras from the database in BAMSR)

In my head, I know their intention at the start of s4 was to go down the Sheyla path. Fair enough. That's their choice and I can accept it coz after all I've known it was their chosen ship from episode one. And if they ended up that way (pretending Kanaan and the bub didn't exist) I can accept that too coz its only logical that John would move on. People die. Their spouses grieve. Sometimes they remarry. Other times they kill 50 Genii.......
                        sigpic

Comment

Aw that's perfect!

I always thought it should end like the pilot. John and Elizabeth are on the balcony talking about how he's going to get them in trouble. Again. I saw that scene recently in a video and noticed how he leans toward her almost bumping hips with her. In the real world of good writing that would have been a giant foreshadowing signal. Sigh.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...rt3-Image1.jpg

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...LGimage4-1.jpg
                          I think it would almost have to be John now. Otherwise it would look like she didn't give him a choice. John only shows his feelings on his face. He needs to man up and make a move. Awkwardly would be cute.

See my idea above. I think something overtly romantic would be necessary but not on the level of McEwww because we all see how that turned out. I would like acknowledgement from the team that Sparky existed. And all things being as they are now in canon, I would have liked to have seen John in his room looking at a picture of her in happier times with the same look on his face as in The Shrine
                          Spoiler:
                          when he had that lovely memory of the beer drinking late night time with Rodney.
                          Or perhaps they are on a mission and a picture of her falls out of his vest. Ronon picks it up, hands it back to him, does that hand on the shoulder thing and says "she was quite a woman". And John gets the woobie face and the teary eyes and says "yes, yes she was." Annnnddd cut.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be content with that either, but that's where I differ from most in this thread. I draw a line at the end of s3 (the line being a giant asuran laser beam hitting fearless leader in the head) and say that that is where sparky ends. In real life, people don't come back.

Don't get me wrong, Lifeline is actually one of my favourite SGA eps, as are TMC and GiTM. But that's because of a few expressions/reactions based upon past feelings. John's "Elizabeth" upon seeing her on the viewscreen is amazing (lets not dwell upon Rod & John deleting Asuras from the database in BAMSR)

In my head, I know their intention at the start of s4 was to go down the Sheyla path. Fair enough. That's their choice and I can accept it coz after all I've known it was their chosen ship from episode one. And if they ended up that way (pretending Kanaan and the bub didn't exist) I can accept that too coz its only logical that John would move on. People die. Their spouses grieve. Sometimes they remarry. Other times they kill 50 Genii.......
                          It's hard to speculate on Sheyla anymore since JM's big reveal on the blog.

Spoiler:
                          A quick aside here to discuss developments on the Teyla front. If we were going to introduce a pregnancy storyline, and we weren’t about to embrace an immaculate conception twist, then it stood to reason that we would need a father. Two possible candidates emerged: John Sheppard and somebody else. Ultimately, we chose to go with the latter. Paul, again, was the first (and most vociferous) to balk at the prospect of making Sheppard the baby daddy. True, we had set up a mutual attraction between the two characters, but to suggest that these two had hooked up unbeknownst to everyone else (to say nothing of the audience) seemed a bit of a stretch. Furthermore, we felt it would do a disservice to the Sheppard character to, at the very least, suggest impropriety on his part. So, we went with a fellow Athosian, someone Teyla could well have spent time with away from the watchful eyes of her fellow teammates. Granted, it wasn’t the perfect solution but given the circumstances, the only one that made sense to us.

So, what about the other characters? Well, Teyla has someone now (remember Kanaan? No?) and we’ve already established Woolsey’s inherent loneliness (in Remnants). Ronon - well, don’t give up on the big guy yet. As for Sheppard - I consider him an even bigger loner than Ronon, an incredibly tough nut to crack. If anyone was going to do it, I don’t think it would be someone who just walked into his life. Rather it would have to be someone he knew (and knew him well in turn), someone he had a history with. Teyla would have been a possibility but, alas, she has settled down with the babysitter of her child - Kanaan. And there is one other alternative, one that I’d originally envisioned exploring when I was first spinning the story that would eventually become Remnants: John’s ex-wife, Nancy. In a very early version of the story, Nancy, who we have established works for Homeworld Security, is appointed to review Woolsey’s probationary record. Finally privy to the secrets her ex-husband had to keep from her all those years, she is actually able to empathize and understand him a little better. Of course, with better understanding complications arise… No idea where it would have gone, but I imagined it playing out as part of an extended episode arc.

IMHO the whole Kanaan storyline proves what bad writers they are. But hey, it works for me. I've also been amused that some question JM's use of the word babysitter in reference to Kanaan. Hello, sarcasm. He's just quoting what you call him to illustrate the fact that you are wrong in assuming that's all he is. He should have put the word in quotes. You have to be very obvious for the sarcasm impaired. As for Nancy. I'd be okay with that if Elizabeth can't return. And he did say earlier that her story is finished. But in my imagination I am queen.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I always thought it should end like the pilot. John and Elizabeth are on the balcony talking about how he's going to get them in trouble. Again. I saw that scene recently in a video and noticed how he leans toward her almost bumping hips with her. In the real world of good writing that would have been a giant foreshadowing signal. Sigh.

I think it would almost have to be John now. Otherwise it would look like she didn't give him a choice. John only shows his feelings on his face. He needs to man up and make a move. Awkwardly would be cute.

See my idea above. I think something overtly romantic would be necessary but not on the level of McEwww because we all see how that turned out. I would like acknowledgement from the team that Sparky existed. And all things being as they are now in canon, I would have liked to have seen John in his room looking at a picture of her in happier times with the same look on his face as in The Shrine
                            Spoiler:
                            when he had that lovely memory of the beer drinking late night time with Rodney.
                            Or perhaps they are on a mission and a picture of her falls out of his vest. Ronon picks it up, hands it back to him, does that hand on the shoulder thing and says "she was quite a woman". And John gets the woobie face and the teary eyes and says "yes, yes she was." Annnnddd cut.

It's hard to speculate on Sheyla anymore since JM's big reveal on the blog.

Spoiler:
                            A quick aside here to discuss developments on the Teyla front. If we were going to introduce a pregnancy storyline, and we weren’t about to embrace an immaculate conception twist, then it stood to reason that we would need a father. Two possible candidates emerged: John Sheppard and somebody else. Ultimately, we chose to go with the latter. Paul, again, was the first (and most vociferous) to balk at the prospect of making Sheppard the baby daddy. True, we had set up a mutual attraction between the two characters, but to suggest that these two had hooked up unbeknownst to everyone else (to say nothing of the audience) seemed a bit of a stretch. Furthermore, we felt it would do a disservice to the Sheppard character to, at the very least, suggest impropriety on his part. So, we went with a fellow Athosian, someone Teyla could well have spent time with away from the watchful eyes of her fellow teammates. Granted, it wasn’t the perfect solution but given the circumstances, the only one that made sense to us.

So, what about the other characters? Well, Teyla has someone now (remember Kanaan? No?) and we’ve already established Woolsey’s inherent loneliness (in Remnants). Ronon - well, don’t give up on the big guy yet. As for Sheppard - I consider him an even bigger loner than Ronon, an incredibly tough nut to crack. If anyone was going to do it, I don’t think it would be someone who just walked into his life. Rather it would have to be someone he knew (and knew him well in turn), someone he had a history with. Teyla would have been a possibility but, alas, she has settled down with the babysitter of her child - Kanaan. And there is one other alternative, one that I’d originally envisioned exploring when I was first spinning the story that would eventually become Remnants: John’s ex-wife, Nancy. In a very early version of the story, Nancy, who we have established works for Homeworld Security, is appointed to review Woolsey’s probationary record. Finally privy to the secrets her ex-husband had to keep from her all those years, she is actually able to empathize and understand him a little better. Of course, with better understanding complications arise… No idea where it would have gone, but I imagined it playing out as part of an extended episode arc.

IMHO the whole Kanaan storyline proves what bad writers they are. But hey, it works for me. I've also been amused that some question JM's use of the word babysitter in reference to Kanaan. Hello, sarcasm. He's just quoting what you call him to illustrate the fact that you are wrong in assuming that's all he is. He should have put the word in quotes. You have to be very obvious for the sarcasm impaired. As for Nancy. I'd be okay with that if Elizabeth can't return.

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                            See I've never wanted sparky to take over the show. I feel that we had enough on screen to make whatever romantic ending they got believable. If they kissed and professed their love I would buy it but I don't need to see it. It would be a perfect ending yes but not the only ending I could accept. I don't even need a sparky ending just an ending with the two of them maybe smiling at each other on the balcony. <snip>
                            I'm the same as RP, I would have been content with subtle hints rather than a whac-a-mole obvious ending. And for a canon ending, since it's obvious Torri's not coming back, nor Michelle, I would go with SR's 'thinking about her' ending.

If they'd done Sheyla well through S4-5, I would have been accepting of it. Not satisfied (cuz it's not Sparky, yo) but definitely accepting. It would not have been my ending, but, well, I was/would have been gone anyways, and I wouldn't say it didn't make sense if it had been written well. I personally would not have liked it, but other things have written ships I didn't care for, too, and I accepted they were there anyway and tried to make the best of it.

But J/T hasn't been written well, unfortunately, and with Kanaan in the picture trying to end with Sheyla now would indeed feel like bad writing. So J/Ters end up with the same gripes Sparky people had. (Go sic JM, JT people). In any case, though I don't watch the show, I would still feel Sheyla was a cop out.

It would have to be John. The one thing about the way Elizabeth handled him--she was exceedingly respectful of his feelings. I think Elizabeth had sort of an understanding of him all around right from the beginning, which is why she knew how to talk to him. It's what allowed him to become comfortable with her, and share all our favorite Sparky moments.

Being that way, and having a poor track record with her own relationships, is why I think Elizabeth would never 'go there' unless John did. He would have to make the first move. Even if she felt something, she has far too much respect for him to make him uncomfortable or put something on him he didn't ask for. And I think Elizabeth would be of the kind of nature where she would never be sure feelings were reciprocated until someone tells her directly.

He, on the other hand, would reach out and grab it when he finally realized what he felt. I think it would be fitting because for him to realize feelings, it would have to be because everything around him was pointing at it in big, not-subtle hints. Everyone else would know. So it would be one of those situations where everything would magically come together on a balcony somewhere. That's just John. He's slow. But once he's determined, he's determined.

It fits well with this canon, too, because at this point if Elizabeth came back, I think he would be the one who would say 'I'm not letting her go AGAIN. Not this time.' I don't know if it would be based in romance per se, but it would definitely be John's personal feeling about Elizabeth returning a third time.

I also think one of the reasons the TPTB have said 'end of story' for Liz is that they know that if they bring her back a third time, it would be insane to kill her off or let her hang in limbo again. It wouldn't mesh with the way John would behave about that (after his reax in GITM, Lifeline, TMC? And his supposed 'leave no man behind' thing? Even they couldn't try and argue he wouldn't have done something.) So best not touch that storyline with a ten-foot pole.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            But in my imagination I am queen.
                            And rightfully so, we all bow to you.
                            Last edited by Eri13; 12 December 2008, 06:09 AM.
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Looking at everyone’s responses, it would seem John is best choice to make the first move. I want to include it in the AU story. A long way of yet, but filling in the plot lines at the moment.

Thx to those who replied.

Offer still open to anyone who wants to help out with story?.
                              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Like RP and others said, I would not want Sparky to take over the entire show. I would be just as content with the final episode having something subtle as another one of those long-awaited balcony scenes, or maybe another hug. Or a 'throwaway' like at the end that hints to or alludes to something more -- I wouldn't want something too overt. Nothing TPTB/McKeller style. Subtle is best when it comes to SG, I find, especially since there was no predetermined pairing in the beginning and the way they drop hints to everybody all along. (Or so they say for some ships.)

But if TPTB had chosen from near the beginning to end up with something Sparky, something like my aforementioned scenario in my last post or two would have been just damn spiffy.

Of course, I'm talking about my own Season finale ending -- as if things had gone the way I had wanted them to go after 'First Strike'. As for the current path we're on, I have no idea as I have not watched all the episodes, but I still think Lizzeh's storyline needs to be wrapped up in a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X