No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I've got FH and Anuna down for the 2-4:30 pm Pacific slot on Saturday for the post-a-thon... Does anyone else have any other preferred timeslots they'd like to suggest for Saturday?

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Thanks! I wish it wasn't necessary though.
    Me too. Thank goodness the nightmare is coming to an end.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      I'll try to make any time we have the "Sparky-a-thon" scheduled for. My schedule, unfortunately, is so topsy-turvy on weekends that I can't commit in general but I will try to make it when I can.

I love the Teyla's Missing sig too!

Scary Kitty, did you watch NCIS? Did we get Torri return foreshadowing?

Spoiler:
      Ducky showed up to the crime scene at the beginning of the story in a tuxedo. DiNozzo ragged him about where he'd been all night, and he replied 'to the opera'.

We all know the last person Ducky mentioned with any romantic interest was one Doctor Jordan Hampton! And as she's returning--that would be interesting!

I love David McCallum, and at first I was a bit iffy on a Ducky/Jordan relationship, but thinking back on it now, I think it would be cute, especially as everyone else would be talking about it. I'm very curious as to the next episode she's in!
      That's definitely what I thought when I saw that scene!
      Spoiler:
      I've been watching reruns of older episodes on ION and USA, and there have been other times when we've seen Ducky interested in younger women (well, younger than him. NOT twenty-something airheads, but rather thirty-to-forty-somethings who have brains to go with their beauty. Ducky's got good taste. )

And yay! Common Ground discussion! *bounces*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Before we start discussing Common Ground - when I saw the first feeding I knew exactly how Sheppard was going to be restored to his old self. It had to be the Wraith - there was no other logical choice. I guess I watched too much of everything.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Common Ground, Part II

If there is any part of Common Ground that feels just a tad slow, it's probably the rescue sequence thrown in the middle to kill time. But it does serve a purpose. It shows Atlantis isn't always right; it gives us a false sense of hope that John will be saved; and most importantly, it lessens our trust in Ladon, which will play into our skepticism about a decision Elizabeth will make with regards to him later on.

But that's a minor minor gripe in comparison to the gem the entire episode basically is. Our next prop is one beloved by Sparkies everywhere, and I have to throw out a 'thank you' to the writer for including this scene. In setting up for the next feeding, Kolya is chatting with a weary Sheppard about what he expects to get out of this deal. What he says, and how John responds, is Sparky poetry:

SHEPPARD: They're never gonna make the trade, Kolya. Why don't you just finish this?
          KOLYA: I think you underestimate the sympathetic nature of Doctor Weir.
          SHEPPARD: Well, then, you underestimate Elizabeth.
          *SQUEEEEEEEEE*

Um, sorry. *cough* Fangirl moment. Anyways--for me, Kolya is forever tied to John AND Elizabeth. He seems to see them both as his personal targets (he does mention a fondness for Rodney, too) and they generally have great episodes with him. Even the episode I dislike the most has a great Kolya line about Elizabeth in it.

But I love how Kolya's 'understanding' of how Atlantis works carries into his own perceptions of how Elizabeth works, what John (or even Rodney) means to her, and how that can be used to his advantage. What's fantastic is that he's dead wrong, and in the few lines John retorts with, we get not only the sense of how wrong he is, but John's feelings about how much better HE knows her. He calls her Elizabeth. He mocks the notion that her sympathies can be used to Kolya's advantage. It's not only 'the bond', but it's that bond being used to slap an enemy in the face. *fistpump*

I also have to commend Joe Flanigan for how he played this little scene. He looks weak, tired, but he still has the Sheppard spirit, and for some reason I just love how he speaks his lines here. Both the line about Elizabeth and his response to Kolya's storming Atlantis:

KOLYA: You'd prefer I storm Atlantis and take Ladon by force?
          SHEPPARD: (John chuckles, shaking his head.) What've you got – half a dozen men and a starving Wraith? Yeah, you go right ahead.
          With the rescue mission failed, Elizabeth has yet another decision to make--spare Ladon again, when he might have betrayed them, or trust him further. One of my all time favorite Elizabeth lines comes here--she is really kick@$$ in this episode:

LADON: Do you think I don't know the real reason you're keeping me here?
          WEIR: You are a head of state. It was John Sheppard's last order that we do not submit to Kolya's demands, and it is my own country's policy to never yield to terrorists. *Those* are the reasons you're still here, Mr Radim. Because believe me, if it was simply my choice ...
          LADON: I understand.
          WEIR: Good.

With the three hours up, Kolya propositions Elizabeth yet again to hand over Ladon. She responds, as John knew she would, with a 'no'. We're treated to another Sheppard feeding session--and I don't know about you, but I was truly confused at this point. Before, maybe, I could see Beckett healing him somehow, but after the second feeding? I was really questioning how he was going to recover his pretty face!

For a bit more Sparky, take a look at John's mannerisms as Elizabeth responds to Kolya's demands. He's shaking his head 'no' her as she listens to Kolya's request, and then nods in agreement when she responds she won't deal.

John has an interesting conversation with "Todd" (as he later dubs him) about how he still had hope of being rescued. In this conversation we see John's faith in the people of Atlantis, even after he's seen Elizabeth sacrifice him to Kolya. I liked that aspect of John--it's a changed man from lone-wolf John Sheppard of McMurdo base in the pilot episode.

Kolya's third and final plea with Elizabeth is an interesting one. It features a brilliant bit of dialog and, a Season 4 foreshadowing element.

KOLYA: He still has years ahead of him, Doctor Weir. My offer stands.
          WEIR: So does my answer.
          KOLYA: Then you're effectively ending his life.
          WEIR: (Elizabeth shakes her head.) I'm not gonna go there.
          I really like Elizabeth's response to this--she doesn't whine, argue, shout-- just firmly asserts that everyone knows exactly who's to blame here.

As for Season 4...
          Spoiler:
          For those who sometimes naysay the choice John makes in "Adrift" about not reactiving her nanites to save her--that it's evidence he doesn't care strongly about her--consider here, too. It's quite obvious how much this pains Elizabeth, and yet her decision with regards to John's life is the same as his for hers in "Adrift". The decision to allow the other to die by not doing the 'obvious' thing is part of the character of both John and Elizabeth. They are both leaders whose lives and loves are wrapped up in the expedition and the lives of the others who they protect. It's a part of who they are. Because they understand each other so well, they also understand what that means about decisions like these. As Elizabeth knew John would not want her to trade Ladon for him, so John knew Elizabeth would not want to endanger the mission by having her nanites reactivated. For me that sort of understanding is shared only by them, and it's much deeper a connection than a superficial one.

And also on consideration--Elizabeth's choice is actually a much darker one. At this point in the story, they're pretty sure John is going to die. The trade required is only Ladon's life, not that of someone in Atlantis. Ostensibly, she could have made that trade with little consequence to them other than the political fallout over the Genii leadership. In Elizabeth's case, Keller's prognosis was dire, but not a death sentence as of yet.

The final feeding sequence is painful to watch, for both Atlantis and us. It seems like there is nothing left to be done. Seeing everyone's reactions as the Wraith feeds again is a great bit of drama. Kudos to everyone on the cast for the way they handled this scene. I thought it was perfectly in character for all of them, and I was impressed with the fact that Carson was the one able to watch it all they way through.

It is Todd, surprisingly, who pulls back after Kolya gives the order to kill Sheppard. While this is perhaps not surprising, given what we've seen of Todd, I like the expression on his face. He was definitely an interesting character.

In a final, desperate move, Elizabeth makes a rather questionable choice. She lets Ladon go. This was the moment where even the viewer was wondering whether her decision was a good one. Because we don't know whether Ladon is trustworthy--and we haven't been treated to anything that demonstrated it other than Ladon's word--it is a slightly uncomfortable moment for us.

That is another prop to Common Ground--it keeps us, the viewer, guessing. We still have no idea how John is going to recover. And with that up in the air, who knows what it could mean if Ladon is gone. Though this is Atlantis, Joe Flanigan is a regular, and it should have a happy ending, with CG, you honestly don't know what the resolution is going to be, and you only have about 7 more minutes of viewing time to get there!

One quick thing about this scene? I like how Ronon calls out Elizabeth here. Another of those few times where her decisions are questioned.

McKAY: Why do I have this sinking feeling we've just made a terrible mistake?
          DEX: Because we have. (He turns and walks away.)
          TEYLA: I'm not so sure, Ronon.
          (Elizabeth watches as the Genii disappear through the Gate and it shuts down.)

"Common Ground" doesn't possess many humor moments, but I like the line elderly John says when Todd asserts he wants to escape: "Oh, now he wants to escape!"

Anyway, the white hairs are on their way, having slipped past Kolya's guards fairly easily.

And Elizabeth gets a return for her investment. "Common Ground" has had us strung out for the last thirty minutes, but we get quick resolution in the final ten. Not only do John and Todd slip past Kolya, but Ladon returns with the location of Kolya's base. It's the break Elizabeth had been hoping for, and it is pleasing to see her judgment could be trusted.

And we get another of my favorite exchanges--this time a commonality shared between Ronon and Elizabeth. And a bit of darkness in Elizabeth's character, which I love. Though she's promised Ladon they'll leave Kolya alive...

WEIR: Alright, get a cloaked Jumper and a team of marines.
          BECKETT: I'd like to reserve one of those seats for a member of my medical team.
          WEIR: Done. (She looks at Ronon.) And if you *do* find Kolya ...
          DEX (smiling unpleasantly): No promises.
          WEIR: Exactly.

Coming up: foreshadowing the future on two levels, and a final scene that wasn't...
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Common Ground, Part III

With Kolya's men closing in, and Atlantis's rescue team nowhere in site, Todd is concerned for his own survival. We get one last suspenseful moment as Todd opts to feed on John to energize himself. With no understanding of what he plans to do, it looks like the end for John Sheppard:

But...

...there is much about Wraith we do not understand, apparently. When Atlantis draws near and pulls Todd off of John, we are treated to an incredible (beautiful) shock--John Sheppard, fully restored.

I agree with Rodney--he actually does look younger than he normally does!

I loved this little moment--John popping up fully healthy and completely baffled by what just happened. Todd's explanation is equally as cool:

SHEPPARD: Leave him. That's an order!
            BECKETT: I don't understand. We all saw what he did to you.
            SHEPPARD (walking towards the Wraith): He just undid it. Lower your weapons.
            TEYLA: How is this possible?
            SHEPPARD: Don't ask me.
            WRAITH: (The Wraith, which has been looking round at everyone surrounding it, turns to John.)The gift of life is reserved only for our most devout worshippers ... and our brothers.
            SHEPPARD: Well, I guess there's a lot about the Wraith we don't know.
            WRAITH: (The Wraith addresses the others, although its eyes never leave John's.)Sheppard gave me back my life. I merely repaid the debt.
            You have to admit--by the end of Common Ground, you like the Wraith. Mostly.

Kolya gets his quick getaway--with the promise by Sheppard he's dead next episode time he sees him. Which he is--unfortunately.

If you like the wraith, so, apparently, does Sheppard. He spares Todd's life by leaving him on a Wraith world, and asserting that there's a lot the wraith don't know about humans. The final lines, as so many of the lines in this fantastically written episode, are great:

WRAITH: Next time we meet ...
            SHEPPARD: All bets are off.

And then comes the great John/Elizabeth reunion scene...

Oh.

Wait.

That's my one complaint about "Common Ground"--I would have loved to have seen Elizabeth's face--even just her expression similar to her scene in "The Hive"--when John returned. Considering how involved she was with the entire episode, she's the one person who was left out of the 'return of John' sequence, and it's a little irritating. It's the one reason CG is not in my top five. I get a little more Elizabeth/John gratification with some other episodes that, perhaps, aren't as well written but spend more time with them together.

But I can't grumble too much about "Common Ground". It really is well-written, the characters are developed really well, and some of them demonstrate an abnormally good characterization. Rodney is good here--so is Carson. I adore how Elizabeth is handled; Ronon gets some really great screen time, and even the Wraith is nicely complicated.

Overall, a truly good episode of SGA that stepped up the level of writing--and makes some of the weaker episodes look very weak by comparison.

What did you think? One of the best? Not so much? What did you like most about this episode? What was your take on John's being fed on--were you like Anuna and figured it out, or like me and stayed confused until the 'gift of life' happened? Discuss!
            Last edited by Eri13; 15 October 2008, 11:45 AM.

Comment

To answer your question, Eri, I worked it out, because of a comment a Wraith made previously alluding to what we don't know about them (sorry, I can't remember when it was - I haven't watched them in a while!).

Ah, this is what I love about sparky shippers - it's such an intelligent ship!
              ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
                To answer your question, Eri, I worked it out, because of a comment a Wraith made previously alluding to what we don't know about them (sorry, I can't remember when it was - I haven't watched them in a while!).

Ah, this is what I love about sparky shippers - it's such an intelligent ship!
                Not all of us because I totally missed it. lol I wasn't really thinking about it but just wondering how John was going to get out of this one. I just figured Carson would do something. Actually I would love to have seen an old John/young Elizabeth scene to go with BIS. And we did get cheated out of a reunion scene.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Okay, this is the episode that always, always makes me angry. Not because it's a bad episode, but just the opposite. Like Eri wonderfully recapped it - it's amazingly wrtitten, it's a smart story that treats all of the characters well. Some of my favorite bits are Ronon - Elizabeth scenes (wow! someone remembered Ronon is a person!) and that little moment when Carson just stares at the screen, watching John being tortured, and in that moment you just know there is a whole lot more to Carson than we thought.

The Wraith who shall later be named Todd was definitely interesting, but whitin sci fi, not surprising - I remeber several Star trek episodes working under a similar premise of Common Ground, where two enemies have to work together in order to survive. i enjoy those kiind of stories, they tell us some important things about human nature - and that's partially the reason why I guessed how John is going to get his good looks back by the end of the episode.

But the thing that makes me wanna hit something every time I watch this are the torture scenes and the fact that Elizabeth, in some twisted way of logic, is the reason why this was possible - we know, just as John knows what she would never agree upon. She is tough and she stands her ground even as her heart breaks - she sacrifices John (and her heart) because that's the only right thing to do. Everything she stands for is put to a test, and because of that she can't be the one to save John. All that she is... is, for several long, terrifying hours useless. She has to watch him being killed slowly, in a horrible way. Yet, she doesn't bend. This was among her greatest personal sacrifices - and just how many times she had to sacrifice John?!

And after all of that we get no reunion scene, no fallout, nothing???? Saying "not fair" doesn'0t even begin to cover how I felt after the episode had ended. Like Eri said, Elizabeth is treated wonderfully here, we see how competent and tough she can be, she is written as a smart women she is, and then she's just shoved aside?

And this is why I constantly crave post CG fics. Which leads to my next suggestion - how about Common Ground drabble - a - thon? There are so many things still left unsaid about everything that happened in this ep, not only sparky - wise --> I'd love to read about Carson's, Rodney's, Ronon's and Teyla's thoughts. I'd love to read Kolya's POV. And Radon's. I already wrote Todd's POV, believe it or not.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3920974/1/The_Defiant

This was my attempt at post - CG fic. It comes with adult warning - raw and disturbing feelings, anyone? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4022745/1/The_Scar
                  I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Not all of us because I totally missed it. lol I wasn't really thinking about it but just wondering how John was going to get out of this one. I just figured Carson would do something. Actually I would love to have seen an old John/young Elizabeth scene to go with BIS. And we did get cheated out of a reunion scene.
                    *high five between clueless people*

Yeah, I wasn't too worried, but as the time ticked away I was sorta like 'how are they going to fix this?' I liked the way they fixed it because the contrast between old John and super-hot-young John (in the lovely black leather jacket) is really nice.

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                    Okay, this is the episode that always, always makes me angry. Not because it's a bad episode, but just the opposite. Like Eri wonderfully recapped it - it's amazingly wrtitten, it's a smart story that treats all of the characters well. Some of my favorite bits are Ronon - Elizabeth scenes (wow! someone remembered Ronon is a person!) and that little moment when Carson just stares at the screen, watching John being tortured, and in that moment you just know there is a whole lot more to Carson than we thought.

The Wraith who shall later be named Todd was definitely interesting, but whitin sci fi, not surprising - I remeber several Star trek episodes working under a similar premise of Common Ground, where two enemies have to work together in order to survive. i enjoy those kiind of stories, they tell us some important things about human nature - and that's partially the reason why I guessed how John is going to get his good looks back by the end of the episode.

But the thing that makes me wanna hit something every time I watch this are the torture scenes and the fact that Elizabeth, in some twisted way of logic, is the reason why this was possible - we know, just as John knows what she would never agree upon. She is tough and she stands her ground even as her heart breaks - she sacrifices John (and her heart) because that's the only right thing to do. Everything she stands for is put to a test, and because of that she can't be the one to save John. All that she is... is, for several long, terrifying hours useless. She has to watch him being killed slowly, in a horrible way. Yet, she doesn't bend. This was among her greatest personal sacrifices - and just how many times she had to sacrifice John?!

And after all of that we get no reunion scene, no fallout, nothing???? Saying "not fair" doesn'0t even begin to cover how I felt after the episode had ended. Like Eri said, Elizabeth is treated wonderfully here, we see how competent and tough she can be, she is written as a smart women she is, and then she's just shoved aside?

And this is why I constantly crave post CG fics. Which leads to my next suggestion - how about Common Ground drabble - a - thon? There are so many things still left unsaid about everything that happened in this ep, not only sparky - wise --> I'd love to read about Carson's, Rodney's, Ronon's and Teyla's thoughts. I'd love to read Kolya's POV. And Radon's. I already wrote Todd's POV, believe it or not.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3920974/1/The_Defiant

This was my attempt at post - CG fic. It comes with adult warning - raw and disturbing feelings, anyone? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4022745/1/The_Scar
                    That sounds like a good idea! I'll see if my drabble muse will come alive this week.

I feel pretty much the same way you do, which is why it doesn't go in my top five alongside episodes like "Echoes". I don't consider "Echoes" to rate even close to "Common Ground" in terms of the depth of story, but that one lacking J/E scene makes me regret what might have been (because you know it would have been good).

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                      I'm with Falcon in the same timezone, so add me for 2-4:30 pm Pacific (5-7:30 pm Eastern, 10 pm - 12:30 am GMT)

Reiko, I don't understand that game.
                      Don't worry Anuna, you voted correctly (as did the rest of you) -- You pretty much vote for your top number (depending on which round) of characters/'ships and the bottom two (or three, if there is a tie) face off in an elimination round. And it keeps going until you have a winner.

And 2-4:30 pm should also work for me, but I'll double check.

Comment

What does one do when one's internet is down for a whole day? One writes a spider story. More than a drabble and includes shirtlessness. Don't worry Anuna, I'll still do that other one.

Spoiler:
                        Caught off guard, John Sheppard threw both hands up in front of his face and grabbed the garment that came flying at his head.

“Wha...the..” he stammered as he stood holding the red shirt in one fist and staring open mouthed at the woman who had thrown it at him.

Shortly after they had entered the transporter, Elizabeth Weir had let out a piercing scream and started slapping frantically at her own chest and neck. Then she stripped her shirt off and tossed it in John's direction. Currently she was spinning in a circle like a dog chasing its tail and trying to look over her shoulder while still slapping at herself.

“Elizabeth!” John gasped, puzzled. “What are you doing?”

“Sp...spi...spider!” She shuttered with revulsion.

John got the picture, but before he could intervene she had rid herself of her shoes without untying the laces and stripped off her pants faster than John had thought possible. These too came sailing in his direction. Now he was left standing, holding the red shirt in his left hand and the gray pants, which he had caught by one leg, in his right. The fact that his beautiful boss was standing in front of him wearing nothing but a pale pink bra that was made of that satiny material that he had only seen in ads for Victoria's Secret and equally pale pink and shimmery and very tiny bikini panties left him in a state of semi-paralysis.

Elizabeth had stopped spinning and realized that her eight-legged friend had moved on. She was sure of it when she looked over at John and saw the creature perched on his shoulder. Both inhabitants of the transporter froze for a moment, Elizabeth unsure how to proceed and unmindful of her own near nudity and John oblivious to the developing situation with the spider and extremely conscious of his companion's state of undress.

Elizabeth recovered first. “John.” She spoke very softly and clearly. “Don't panic now, but there is a very large spider on your left shoulder.”

John remained frozen. His eyes couldn't decide whether to stay with the pink bra that dipped so dangerously low in the front or to move on past the little panties and down the expanse of long legs. His eyes decided on their own to do all that and then come about half way back up again.

“John.” Elizabeth spoke a little louder. “Drop my clothes and move away.” As if to punctuate her remarks, she pointed at the spider who now seemed to be contemplating whether to go for the neck or move down the bicep.

The spider moved first. And when John felt the eight legs tickling his skin he let go of the garments he was holding and grabbed for his own neck. The spider took the opportunity to head under the neckline of his black tee shirt.

Elizabeth was dancing from one foot to the other. “It's in your shirt. It's in your shirt!” Her volume increased with every word.

John grabbed his shirttail and pulled upward. Tee shirt and spider flew into a corner where they lay without moving. John's heavy combat boot turned the shirt into a mass of wrinkles and bits of dried mud and the spider into a gooey glob.

The crisis over, John and Elizabeth looked at each other with growing horror. The chilly air had brought out goosebumps on both their skins which only increased when each realized that they were being inspected by the other. John was starting to feel slightly guilty for the ogling he had done of Elizabeth earlier but it was too late to do anything about the crooked grin that was still on his face or the difficulty he was having keeping his eyes above her collarbone.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, was just beginning to notice the broad chest with its light coating of hair that seemed to narrow to a darker line before disappearing into his pants, which had slipped precariously low on his slim hips. A few gray hairs were reflected in the light glinting off the dog tags that lay in the middle of his breastbone. Elizabeth clinched her fists against the sudden desire to grab the chain around his tan neck and just tug. The sudden realization that she was practically naked stopped her and got her moving at the same time. Quickly she turned her back and retrieved her pieces of clothing from the floor where John had dropped them.

“Oh geez, Elizabeth,” John finally found his voice, “I am so sorry. I...I didn't mean.”

“ 's okay.” Her voice was muffled until her head popped out of the neck of her shirt. She tugged at her clothes which were now back on her body where they belonged and tried not to look at John.

John stared in regret at his ruined tee shirt. Gingerly he picked it up by one sleeve and inspected the bits of dirt and spider guts clinging to it. “I'll just...um...” He nodded toward the now open door of the transporter.

Elizabeth, having slipped her feet into her shoes and still refusing to meet his eyes, hurried into the corridor. “And we'll never speak of this again.”

With the garment he was no longer able to wear balled up in one fist, John fell into step beside her. Elizabeth seemed to be racing to get away from him but he just walked a bit faster and a few steps closer. “So, we find out the great Doctor Weir is afraid of spiders.” he teased. “Tell me Elizabeth, what would you have done if it had been a snake?”

Oh and an illustration. Heh.

Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by southern red View Post
                          what does one do when one's internet is down for a whole day? One writes a spider story. More than a drabble and includes shirtlessness. don't worry anuna, i'll still do that other one.

Spoiler:
                          caught off guard, john sheppard threw both hands up in front of his face and grabbed the garment that came flying at his head.

“wha...the..” he stammered as he stood holding the red shirt in one fist and staring open mouthed at the woman who had thrown it at him.

Shortly after they had entered the transporter, elizabeth weir had let out a piercing scream and started slapping frantically at her own chest and neck. Then she stripped her shirt off and tossed it in john's direction. Currently she was spinning in a circle like a dog chasing its tail and trying to look over her shoulder while still slapping at herself.

“elizabeth!” john gasped, puzzled. “what are you doing?”

“sp...spi...spider!” she shuttered with revulsion.

John got the picture, but before he could intervene she had rid herself of her shoes without untying the laces and stripped off her pants faster than john had thought possible. These too came sailing in his direction. Now he was left standing, holding the red shirt in his left hand and the gray pants, which he had caught by one leg, in his right. The fact that his beautiful boss was standing in front of him wearing nothing but a pale pink bra that was made of that satiny material that he had only seen in ads for victoria's secret and equally pale pink and shimmery and very tiny bikini panties left him in a state of semi-paralysis.

Elizabeth had stopped spinning and realized that her eight-legged friend had moved on. She was sure of it when she looked over at john and saw the creature perched on his shoulder. Both inhabitants of the transporter froze for a moment, elizabeth unsure how to proceed and unmindful of her own near nudity and john oblivious to the developing situation with the spider and extremely conscious of his companion's state of undress.

Elizabeth recovered first. “john.” she spoke very softly and clearly. “don't panic now, but there is a very large spider on your left shoulder.”

john remained frozen. His eyes couldn't decide whether to stay with the pink bra that dipped so dangerously low in the front or to move on past the little panties and down the expanse of long legs. His eyes decided on their own to do all that and then come about half way back up again.

“john.” elizabeth spoke a little louder. “drop my clothes and move away.” as if to punctuate her remarks, she pointed at the spider who now seemed to be contemplating whether to go for the neck or move down the bicep.

The spider moved first. And when john felt the eight legs tickling his skin he let go of the garments he was holding and grabbed for his own neck. The spider took the opportunity to head under the neckline of his black tee shirt.

Elizabeth was dancing from one foot to the other. “it's in your shirt. It's in your shirt!” her volume increased with every word.

John grabbed his shirttail and pulled upward. Tee shirt and spider flew into a corner where they lay without moving. John's heavy combat boot turned the shirt into a mass of wrinkles and bits of dried mud and the spider into a gooey glob.

The crisis over, john and elizabeth looked at each other with growing horror. The chilly air had brought out goosebumps on both their skins which only increased when each realized that they were being inspected by the other. John was starting to feel slightly guilty for the ogling he had done of elizabeth earlier but it was too late to do anything about the crooked grin that was still on his face or the difficulty he was having keeping his eyes above her collarbone.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, was just beginning to notice the broad chest with its light coating of hair that seemed to narrow to a darker line before disappearing into his pants, which had slipped precariously low on his slim hips. A few gray hairs were reflected in the light glinting off the dog tags that lay in the middle of his breastbone. Elizabeth clinched her fists against the sudden desire to grab the chain around his tan neck and just tug. The sudden realization that she was practically naked stopped her and got her moving at the same time. Quickly she turned her back and retrieved her pieces of clothing from the floor where john had dropped them.

“oh geez, elizabeth,” john finally found his voice, “i am so sorry. I...i didn't mean.”

“ 's okay.” her voice was muffled until her head popped out of the neck of her shirt. She tugged at her clothes which were now back on her body where they belonged and tried not to look at john.

John stared in regret at his ruined tee shirt. Gingerly he picked it up by one sleeve and inspected the bits of dirt and spider guts clinging to it. “i'll just...um...” he nodded toward the now open door of the transporter.

Elizabeth, having slipped her feet into her shoes and still refusing to meet his eyes, hurried into the corridor. “and we'll never speak of this again.”

with the garment he was no longer able to wear balled up in one fist, john fell into step beside her. Elizabeth seemed to be racing to get away from him but he just walked a bit faster and a few steps closer. “so, we find out the great doctor weir is afraid of spiders.” he teased. “tell me elizabeth, what would you have done if it had been a snake?”

oh and an illustration. Heh.

Spoiler:
                          lol - omg - i love you!
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

What does one do when one's internet is down for a whole day? One writes a spider story. More than a drabble and includes shirtlessness. Don't worry Anuna, I'll still do that other one.

Spoiler:
                            Caught off guard, John Sheppard threw both hands up in front of his face and grabbed the garment that came flying at his head.

“Wha...the..” he stammered as he stood holding the red shirt in one fist and staring open mouthed at the woman who had thrown it at him.

Shortly after they had entered the transporter, Elizabeth Weir had let out a piercing scream and started slapping frantically at her own chest and neck. Then she stripped her shirt off and tossed it in John's direction. Currently she was spinning in a circle like a dog chasing its tail and trying to look over her shoulder while still slapping at herself.

John got the picture, but before he could intervene she had rid herself of her shoes without untying the laces and stripped off her pants faster than John had thought possible. These too came sailing in his direction. Now he was left standing, holding the red shirt in his left hand and the gray pants, which he had caught by one leg, in his right. The fact that his beautiful boss was standing in front of him wearing nothing but a pale pink bra that was made of that satiny material that he had only seen in ads for Victoria's Secret and equally pale pink and shimmery and very tiny bikini panties left him in a state of semi-paralysis.

Elizabeth had stopped spinning and realized that her eight-legged friend had moved on. She was sure of it when she looked over at John and saw the creature perched on his shoulder. Both inhabitants of the transporter froze for a moment, Elizabeth unsure how to proceed and unmindful of her own near nudity and John oblivious to the developing situation with the spider and extremely conscious of his companion's state of undress.

Elizabeth recovered first. “John.” She spoke very softly and clearly. “Don't panic now, but there is a very large spider on your left shoulder.”

John remained frozen. His eyes couldn't decide whether to stay with the pink bra that dipped so dangerously low in the front or to move on past the little panties and down the expanse of long legs. His eyes decided on their own to do all that and then come about half way back up again.

“John.” Elizabeth spoke a little louder. “Drop my clothes and move away.” As if to punctuate her remarks, she pointed at the spider who now seemed to be contemplating whether to go for the neck or move down the bicep.

The spider moved first. And when John felt the eight legs tickling his skin he let go of the garments he was holding and grabbed for his own neck. The spider took the opportunity to head under the neckline of his black tee shirt.

Elizabeth was dancing from one foot to the other. “It's in your shirt. It's in your shirt!” Her volume increased with every word.

The crisis over, John and Elizabeth looked at each other with growing horror. The chilly air had brought out goosebumps on both their skins which only increased when each realized that they were being inspected by the other. John was starting to feel slightly guilty for the ogling he had done of Elizabeth earlier but it was too late to do anything about the crooked grin that was still on his face or the difficulty he was having keeping his eyes above her collarbone.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, was just beginning to notice the broad chest with its light coating of hair that seemed to narrow to a darker line before disappearing into his pants, which had slipped precariously low on his slim hips. A few gray hairs were reflected in the light glinting off the dog tags that lay in the middle of his breastbone. Elizabeth clinched her fists against the sudden desire to grab the chain around his tan neck and just tug. The sudden realization that she was practically naked stopped her and got her moving at the same time. Quickly she turned her back and retrieved her pieces of clothing from the floor where John had dropped them.

“Oh geez, Elizabeth,” John finally found his voice, “I am so sorry. I...I didn't mean.”

“ 's okay.” Her voice was muffled until her head popped out of the neck of her shirt. She tugged at her clothes which were now back on her body where they belonged and tried not to look at John.

John stared in regret at his ruined tee shirt. Gingerly he picked it up by one sleeve and inspected the bits of dirt and spider guts clinging to it. “I'll just...um...” He nodded toward the now open door of the transporter.

Elizabeth, having slipped her feet into her shoes and still refusing to meet his eyes, hurried into the corridor. “And we'll never speak of this again.”

With the garment he was no longer able to wear balled up in one fist, John fell into step beside her. Elizabeth seemed to be racing to get away from him but he just walked a bit faster and a few steps closer. “So, we find out the great Doctor Weir is afraid of spiders.” he teased. “Tell me Elizabeth, what would you have done if it had been a snake?”

Spoiler:
                            HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! *claps* The story was funny but I'm in LOVE with John and the spider on his shoulder!

Comment

The one thing I would’ve liked to have seen either after The Eye/The Storm or Common Ground was war between them and the Genii. One in which Kolya would stop at nothing to get revenge on the two leaders for his disgrace to his people. They had many opportunities to perfect that, yet they went with the replicators instead.

The angst they could've had. Not to mention ratings *whistles*
                              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                                I love it. And the pic made it 10x better.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X