No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, random question for you guys for fun...

If you could have included Elizabeth in any prior episodes as a part of the team--in other words, the actual episode has her standing by in Atlantis--what would it be? And how would you change the episode to accommodate her?
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

If you could have included Elizabeth in any prior episodes as a part of the team--in other words, the actual episode has her standing by in Atlantis--what would it be? And how would you change the episode to accommodate her?
      From the top of my head:

Childhood's end (at least in the second half of the episode), Poisoning the well, Instinct, Trinity,and I would have had two different episodes instead of Irr - fiasco. One of those could be something like this year's The Queen, the other one would be Atlantis based and women centered. I would have more women friendship moments in all seasons, more continuous character development and character drama. Sheppard's past and the conflict with his dad would be treated similar to Tom Paris and his Dad relationship, and I would let the viewers get an insight into "house of Sheppard" early in season two (Epiphany would have been great). I wouldn't make him a rich kid, he doesn't need that to be interesting.

We'd see more of Caldwell, Hermiod, Daedalus crew, Kate, Laura. Evan and Chuck would have had names early in season two. Teyla would date Ronon - but it would be Athosian/Satedan equivalent of dating and we would learn more about their cultures. We would also see Kakavaugh more often and I'd let him be right from time to time, because, face it, obnoxious people can be right too.

I'm not sure if I would create Michael, I'd rather have Kolya as a big recurring baddie and he could even make an alliance with Wraith or some other, new enemy species. Not Replicators. If we're ripping off Star Trek I'd go with changelings. Paranoia people. Think about paranoia potential there.

I would cut Atlantis off Earth mid season three and make them fight for bare lives.

What else?

I'd do a war much like Dominion war from Star trek (look! I am original trekkie after all) because that story line was awesome: there was character development, morally questionable decisions, big fights, grief, loss (however I wouldn't kill off main characters!). Ford would be back and he would be an awesome spy, and you wouldn't know if you could trust him. Keller would be Carson's assistant and she'd have to struggle with her insecurity. I'd have John do something like what he done in Millers Crossing and I would let his butt land in jail for couple of episodes for that. carter would take over the military command. It would look rough.

The show wouldn't end after fifth season, let me tell you.

Last, but not the least, I'd allow sparky to develop slowly and gradually, almost under the radar, and then some big scale event would send them into each other's arms.... and they'd lead Atlantis like competent people they are, and nobody would make fuss because they love each other, because love is a human thing to do, damn it, and I'm sick of "but it's against the rules!"

It's a TV show, damn it.

*phews*

Anyone want to write AU with me?
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Ooh, an easy one. *raises hand*

1.Childhood's End: Elizabeth and John talk to the leader kid together. He looks back and forth between them and ask if they have children. Awkwardness ensues.
        2.Epiphany: Elizabeth goes through the portal with John and *****slaps Teer into next week calls Teer on her "you're the one" mumbo jumbo.
        3. The Tower: Elizabeth and John are put into the red boudoir together and Mara goes away unhappy. They learn about the quest for John's genes later and Elizabeth negotiates. They all get imprisoned together and John fights to save Elizabeth.
        4.Phantoms: John hallucinates the Afghanistan flashback first but later while Elizabeth is near he imagines she is his ex-wife Nancy.
        5.The Ark: Elizabeth is the one that John has to risk his life to rescue.

That's all for now. S4 just depresses me.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Ooh, an easy one. *raises hand*

1.Childhood's End: Elizabeth and John talk to the leader kid together. He looks back and forth between them and ask if they have children. Awkwardness ensues.
          2.Epiphany: Elizabeth goes through the portal with John and *****slaps Teer into next week calls Teer on her "you're the one" mumbo jumbo.
          3. The Tower: Elizabeth and John are put into the red boudoir together and Mara goes away unhappy. They learn about the quest for John's genes later and Elizabeth negotiates. They all get imprisoned together and John fights to save Elizabeth.
          4.Phantoms: John hallucinates the Afghanistan flashback first but later while Elizabeth is near he imagines she is his ex-wife Nancy.
          5.The Ark: Elizabeth is the one that John has to risk his life to rescue.

That's all for now. S4 just depresses me.
          I'm saying we should re write the whole damn thing.

S4 depresses me too.

Comment

Wow. Okay, I'm not going to go into an in-depth series overhaul cuz it'd take too long, but as far as Elizabeth's presence:

Season 1:

Childhood's End: Because it makes absolute sense that she would want to talk face to face on a planet run by children. It would also have been one of those nice 'you're going offworld?' scenes, where Sheppard didn't quite know what to do with her because this is the first time she's going offworld and she's not military trained.

Most of Season 1 is actually a pretty nice balance with on-Atlantis and off-Atlantis episodes, so I don't feel the need to change as much. I liked her role in "Suspicion" even though she didn't meet Cowen. Perhaps she would have done well in "Poisoning the Well", but I'm not sure if she wouldn't have just been a talking head.

Season 2:

Aurora: Trying to negotiate with the minds of an Ancient crew? That's so Elizabeth territory. I would have thought she would have made her way there to try and salvage the ship. They could have reworked the events to allow her to try. And she and John together in the white Ancient-y outfits? Priceless!

The Lost Boys: Call me cheesy, but I would have thought it would have been great to have Elizabeth used as a hostage/playing chip by Ford. Could you imagine her being injected with the Wraith Drug? What a great plot twist!

The Tower: I don't know if her presence could have saved TT from it's awfulness, but it would have been a lot of fun to see her reactions to Mara and the other snobs. I'm imagining a LOT of Elizabeth snark.

I won't go into Season 3, because most of Season 3 I either really love or really hate. So it'd be episode overhauls for some stuff.

Comment

Again, we need to rewrite the damn show!

Comment

Just to clarifry: only people with the gene were deemed worthy of entering the Tower. Liz doesn't have it. I'd love to see you finding a way around that

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                  Just to clarifry: only people with the gene were deemed worthy of entering the Tower. Liz doesn't have it. I'd love to see you finding a way around that
                  She's the alien nation leader and her team isn't allowed to make any decision without her.

Done

Comment

I thought the gene limitation was only about being noble, not about entering the tower...didn't Otho have to get the gene therapy from Beckett to be able to control the chair?

Anyways, easy to find a way to have her in as the leader of Atlantis. Especially when she started dishing out stuff about the Ancient technologies and gene therapies. And having Mara try to look down on her would have been doubly funny.

Comment

Well if I remember correctly Elizabeth was originally supposed to be off world in the Tower with Shep and Carson. Oh missed opportunities. I think that was like the first draft that went out for casting, then it was changed.

I distinctly remember something about John rescuing Elizabeth in the sides that someone had.

They should have stuck with their initial draft.
                      Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 17 September 2008, 10:40 AM.
                      sigpic
                      My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Missed opportunities indeed. You guys really make my muses perk up.

Now I have a question:

If you could write two completely new episodes instead Irr episodes in S3, what would you write about?

Also, I love SR's idea regarding Epiphany. That situation would be a perfect sparky hookup scenatrio - two of them in that field together, Elizabeth protecting John and trying to steer him away from his grief and toward something more productive. Ascension? I think he is fully 'capable' of it, but I don't see him crazy about that idea. He's down to earth I bet he'd love to enjoy more of Earth (or some other planet) - life. Elizabeth would naturally be more open to Ascension. They would struggle and inevitably stumble over their feelings for each other and I'd love to see them deal with that. It would also be perfect to show more about John's past.

Damn it, this is turning into a mean plot bunny here! I can imagine them talking quietly by the fire and watching the stars in the skies.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                          http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/9125/stargate20070614mr7.jpg
                          OMG. Sparky dominates.

Everything Anuna said about her AU ... except there would be CarsonTeyla

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                            OMG. Sparky dominates.

Everything Anuna said about her AU ... except there would be CarsonTeyla
                            We made it into the top five and had 4 sparky moments. I think that's pretty good considering no one knew about this poll and that we are not the "official" ship or so people tell us. I think this poll proves otherwise. Sparky is teh obvious.
                            sigpic
                            My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              Missed opportunities indeed. You guys really make my muses perk up.

Now I have a question:

If you could write two completely new episodes instead Irr episodes in S3, what would you write about?
                              Hmmm...Oh, EASY! I'd have two more episodes featuring Kolya. One with him coming back to try and 'make peace' to overthrow Ladon, but doing so in a way that was a double-cross. I'd probably have Atlantis have to choose in a lesser-of-two-evils scenario. Another would have him dying an honorable death at John's hands. In both cases, Elizabeth would be involved, because when it's Kolya, her and John it's always a good episode.

Comment

Eri, you are a wonder. I deliberately reposted that pic and snipped all the rest because I want everybody to look at John there. All through this scene he was giving Elizabeth that scrutinizing look of his as if he was ready to jump up any second if he thought she was in trouble. In retrospect I wish she had fainted or something. lol
                                Always room for alternate stoires.

Autograph hunting outside theatres can get exhausting, but fun. Got one person out of four we aimed four today plus an added bonus.

Wanted to get someone out of torchwood, but she walked right passed us before we knew it who she was , she even waved to us. Got home and it seems she was one of the four we went for.

Always next time. At least we now know who to look for.
                                BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Working...
                                X