could be yours alone
    you will see someday
    that all along the way
    was yours to hold
    I was yours to hold

Skillet - Yours to hold

Wow, nice lyrics, Pajus! Here I go - GitM spoilers:
    Spoiler:

She holds a breath when she nears the opened gate and feels his eyes resting on her back, feels them like a heavy burden. It's too late to turn around now, too late to look at him and tell him, yes I always knew. Yes, we could have and the universe would collapse on us, no matter what. Just a moment she hesitates, she knows she has to go, and then maybe, when she closes her eyes on the other side, the nightmares will leave his eyes.

She hopes, but she knows better, she knows him. If anything is certain about John Sheppard, it's that he will never forget.

She needs to remeber too. She knows it won't be the end - more like a long, dreamless sleep, and she wants one thing, one memory.

She turns around and meets his haunted eyes, which see her for what she really is and not the body she had to borrow. In his eyes there is a promise, and it burns through the bones she is wearing, right down to that fleeting matter that makes her what she is. She lets his promise settle within her. She knows he won't forget. She knows he won't give up.

Turning around for the last time, she holds her breath and steps through the event horizon.

Outside the stars are twinkling in cold void without a sound. Remembering John's eyes, she closes her own, and her waiting begins.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
      I hear ya. I play here, in SEW, and my new favorite is Reiko's SGA Family Movie thread. Sometimes I'm in the anti-season 5 thread, although I doubt I play much there anymore. With the show done, it seems kinda pointless to continue to share concerns about Season 5. I think I'll always play in SEW and Sparky though.
      If you wanna play,w e have a new game! Post lyrics or reply to lyrics others have posted with a short sparky fic!

Here's a prompt:

And I want to wake up with the rain
      Falling on a tin roof
      While I'm safe there in your arms
      So all I ask is for you
      To come away with me in the night
      Come away with me

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
        Wow, nice lyrics, Pajus! Here I go - GitM spoilers:
        Spoiler:

She holds a breath when she nears the opened gate and feels his eyes resting on her back, feels them like a heavy burden. It's too late to turn around now, too late to look at him and tell him, yes I always knew. Yes, we could have and the universe would collapse on us, no matter what. Just a moment she hesitates, she knows she has to go, and then maybe, when she closes her eyes on the other side, the nightmares will leave his eyes.

She hopes, but she knows better, she knows him. If anything is certain about John Sheppard, it's that he will never forget.

She needs to remeber too. She knows it won't be the end - more like a long, dreamless sleep, and she wants one thing, one memory.

She turns around and meets his haunted eyes, which see her for what she really is and not the body she had to borrow. In his eyes there is a promise, and it burns through the bones she is wearing, right down to that fleeting matter that makes her what she is. She lets his promise settle within her. She knows he won't forget. She knows he won't give up.

Turning around for the last time, she holds her breath and steps through the event horizon.

Outside the stars are twinkling in cold void without a sound. Remembering John's eyes, she closes her own, and her waiting begins.
        Spoiler:
        ...and he has only 8 to 10 months to get her out of there

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
          Spoiler:
          ...and he has only 8 to 10 months to get her out of there
          In my canon he will succeed Did you like my response?

Comment

In my canon he will succeed Did you like my response?
            Nicely written
            Spoiler:
            You-emition, me-physics

Comment

Okay, here we go...questions for fun, a blend of canon, fanon, whatever.

1) Flash forward 20 years, to Stargate: Atlantis, the Reunion. Everyone is still alive...but how has the story changed? What is the state of Atlantis? Whose kids play a major role?

2) Alright--Atlantis needs another GOOD villain species. Come up with one--names, traits, and which Atlantis member he/she/it/they hate the most.

3) Rodney is writing his memoirs, and is having trouble starting. He needs a good paragraph about each of his friends to get things going. Write Rodney's 'quick notes' on each of the Atlantis family (include Keller and Woolsey only if you wish) from his POV.

4) John's always been curious about that little heart-shaped diamond Elizabeth wore--and then never wore again after they re-contacted Earth. How did he find out about Simon, and what was his reaction?

[b]5) Let's put aside show reality for a second and pretend that Torri and the producers talked and agreed on a 'dark Weir' (NOTE: That means 'dark', not necessarily 'evil') major story arc. The plan includes 12 episodes featuring Weir after "Lifeline". How does this work? How does she come back, what does she do, how do John and the rest react?

Have fun, put long stuff in spoilers, include canon or fanon in your response!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Well I'm one of those who doesn't want the good ole horse to die. Can you come up with some random questions for us, Eri? Or shall we do some fic writing? I remeber SR's fics about young master Nick, I would love to read something new about him (or re - read old stuff!) --> I'm working on next chapter for Sunday Fathers where Elizabeth and John decided to make things more serious (and more fun). So I'm all for writing, especially if it includes kidlets.

By the way, I haven't told you Anuna man and myself found an apartment we're going to buy. Wish us luck!
                Luck!

Oh, Sparky, so obvious. Everyone sees it. Even my bf's sister, who adores Carson, Michael and the Wraith.

SR, I want more of young Master Nick. *pokes* I'm not gonna let you disappear on us so easily!
                I've lost my muse. Maybe she'll come back when I get over vacation. I got lots of material from the very intelligent 3 year old I spent the week with. But now the vid is on my mind. And the last part is GitM.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  2) Alright--Atlantis needs another GOOD villain species. Come up with one--names, traits, and which Atlantis member he/she/it/they hate the most.
                  The HK-50 protocol/assassination droids - They're like HK-47, but without inhibition protocols (eg they can kill at will) and prefer mass slaughter to subtle actions aimed against a single target. They hate the medical personnel the most, as medics can sometimes make their victims survive

5) Let's put aside show reality for a second and pretend that Torri and the producers talked and agreed on a 'dark Weir' (NOTE: That means 'dark', not necessarily 'evil') major story arc. The plan includes 12 episodes featuring Weir after "Lifeline". How does this work? How does she come back, what does she do, how do John and the rest react?

Make her come back after The Kindred (and rewrite said episode in accordance with physics - will make John darker) and offer her help against Michael and the hybrids. Lizzie proposes the use of Carson's retrovirus (Fionnait, please forgive me) to turn the hybrids into humans, but John is more interested in a violent solution, as that poses a lesser risk to his teams. The negotiations fail and Lizzie and her Replicators start to hamper Atlantis' efforts to deal with the situation in a violent way

Comment

3) Rodney is writing his memoirs, and is having trouble starting. He needs a good paragraph about each of his friends to get things going. Write Rodney's 'quick notes' on each of the Atlantis family (include Keller and Woolsey only if you wish) from his POV.

Rodney's quick notes (spoilered for length and S4/S5 details):

Spoiler:

1) John Sheppard: Hmmm...one of those good looking guys who always gets the good-looking women but doesn't seem to want them. (I hate that). Has a major *hee hee* problem with his hair--hasn't the man ever heard of hair gel? But the women seem to like it... Walks around like he's got nothing going on but I don't put anything past him. He could have been in Mensa--he actually passed the test! That still get me. Doesn't seem to be a big socializer--he didn't want to join the Mensa club on Atlantis (why wouldn't he?) Doesn't like to express his emotions; always acts like he doesn't want to talk about anything, though I have a sneaky suspicion Elizabeth could get him to (what else could they be doing on that balcony?). Don't want to cross him--he can get frightening when angry and I'm still not sure he doesn't have an itchy trigger finger.

I think he considers me a friend.

I think he's my best friend.

2) Elizabeth Weir: Leader of the Expedition; very intelligent in a non-science way (always having to explain stuff to her step by step. I know she's smarter than that!). Liked pottery (why?). Had an annoying tendency to ignore me when I pointed out obviously danger actions. Usually ended up being right, though... Had this 'look' she used whenever she got annoyed. (Why do I remember that so well?) Nicer than most people. Highly unappreciated. Easy enough to write a 500-page book on (she really had an interesting life.) May have had unspoken feelings for me (that was brought out when I almost ascended). Though she sure liked spending time with Sheppard. They had a...weird...thing.

*sigh* Lost to Replicators.

My fault. I should never...

I will make it right.

3)Teyla Emmagan: Athosian. Very pretty. Good fighter. Also smarter than she appears (that camera thing on Sanctuary really was brilliant but don't want to say much about that.) And much more well spoken in English than most people. Odd. Has a gift of connecting with the Wraith, which has been helpful at times but is still really...creepy. Anyways...now a Mom, which makes her scarier. But she has always been very nice. And patient. Except when teaching Banto stick fighting, I didn't learn a thing.

I get along with her. Deserves a great deal more respect than some of the expedition give her.

4) Ronon Dex: Satedan. Big. Looks vaguely like Chewbacca. Talks about as much. Quick with a gun, which is helpful. HATES THE WRAITH (who doesn't, though?) He's actually kind of huggy. Probably shouldn't mention that either. We're buddies. In a completely platonic way, of course. He must get sick a lot, though--I often see him stalking Keller in the infirmary.

5) Carson Beckett: Talented Xeno-biologist. Good medic, too. Had a scottish accent which was hard to understand at first. He also whined a lot. I don't know how people put up with that, but he seemed to grow out of it.

He was a good friend. I miss him.

Can I say that? Since he's been found again...

6) Radek Zelenka: Czech scientist. Brilliant, though I'll never say that. Better scratch that off, actually. I'm thinking about taking up Czech so I can understand what he's yelling half the time. I don't think Atlantis would have made it without him. Better not include that, either, people might get the wrong idea.

7) Jennifer Keller: Extremely talented young medic. Feels a little young to be taking Carson's job, but capable. I understand her, at least, she's...a little like me. She has this strange...inflection...thing she does when she talks. I like it.

8) Dr. Kate Brown: Sweet. Botanist. We dated--she came onto me. Named a plant after me. I broke it off though because she had commitment issues. Though...I don't think...? Left the expedition. Which is a shame, because she was one of the nicer scientists on Atlantis.

Didn't deserve a lot of what she had to put up with.

9) Colonel Samantha Carter: Brilliant (not as much as me, of course). Gorgeous. A little violent. Got promoted to head of Atlantis after Elizabeth...not that she didn't deserve it exactly, but I was definitely as qualified, if not more so because I'd been on Atlantis. Used to be attracted to her but that waned when we had to establish a working relationship. Now in charge of...what? I don't remember.

10) Richard Woolsey: Current expedition head (whose idea was that?). Former IOA member, which means he's definitely a politician. Capable, but he sure was an annoying @$$ before he put on the red shirt. Seems smart. I still don't know, though...

11) Aiden Ford: Good kid. Lieutenant in the marines, lost early in the expedition. Had a bit of a drug weakness, though. But a cheery smile. Sacrificed to the Wraith.

Damn shame, too.

12) E... Lorne: I can't ever remember his first name. Major. A mini-Sheppard with less of an attitude, which is nice, though I sometimes get the feeling he's thinking a lot more than he's saying. Probably good he doesn't say it.

13) Kate Heightmeyer: Expedition psychologist (former). Is it ironic that she was killed by a mental illusion of sorts? Not making fun. She always knew what to say to make you feel better.

We don't get that a lot around here. I miss her.

14) Lieutenant Laura Cadman: I'd rather not remember anything about her.

I can't remember any of the new people. Maybe I should go around writing their names on my datapad. I'll be back for more later.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Oooh, Anuna's using that purdy John Hero icon <3

Aaand, muse and questions from Eri. Will respond soon after I post recap and other RL crap.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Also, you've made me realise that Keller is the new Troi. Uggghhh.
                        Keller is TOTALLY the new Troi! Omg, I totally meant to make that link in my post…except I went off on a tangent and forgot about linking it back to Keller, but you made the connection anyway. Great minds…

Good Luck!

My "Sateda" episode recap is coming--and I expect HUGE responses to the combined recaps of Progeny and The Real World, or I'm coming after people with replicator hand jabs.
                        Ooh...you've pm'ed me some recaps before, but do you mean that there is actually a storehouse of many recaps I can plunder when trying to keep canon straight? *bounces* Where are you posting these recaps?

And interesting ideas with the lyrics and questions, I'll try to get to those later, but in the meantime...

I’m bracing for the round of boos that might follow this post, but…how do you suppose Elizabeth would react if the Sheylas had ever gotten their wish in the show? I totally do NOT ship them, and avoid fics supporting this ship, but then I came across Rainbows by Jo. R on ff.net that made me realize what an under-explored and interesting aspect of Sparky this was. I take it for granted in fics and canon that Shep and Elizabeth are good friends; he comes around to her office to chat with her, make sure she’s not over-working, having something to eat, they hang out balconies and have deep & meaningful conversations, all the cute friendship fluffiness with a tinge of the possibility of something more.

But what if he was in a relationship? If ever so gradually, that support she came to rely and expect was withdrawn as he immerses himself in a relationship with someone else? I usually don’t like fics with this premise because they end up hopelessly OOC with one person getting jealous and hysterical and ranting and raving like a lunatic, blah blah hissing and scratching yadda yadda throwing things around mwheh. Rainbows overwhelms me with its awesome in the way it intelligently looks at how Sheppard and Teyla may hook up and how it affects everyone’s relationships.

I just want to quote some particularly lovely pieces and the insight into how the different characters interact in such believable ways. Aaand it was not supposed to end up being an analysis of the entire fic, but um…sorry…Maybe we should do a fic rec-review type thing; we already discuss what’s great about the show, maybe that could extend to seeing what we enjoy reading as well…and encourage more writers in the fandom, because I’m hungering for more Sparky fics and ff.net is slowly dying, to my dismay.

Spoiler:
                        ^^^^^^^^
                        [Carson and Shep discussing an exhausted Elizabeth]
                        "Is it that bad, Beckett?" John met Beckett's eyes, searching for an answer. "She really doesn't sleep?"
                        "Doctor Weir rarely has time to sleep," Beckett answered slowly, lowering his gaze so not to make the Major feel worse than he no doubt already did. They had discussed it before, just the two of them, in the early days before John and Teyla had become an item. He had voiced his concerns that Elizabeth was trying to do too much and John had immediately offered to do his part and shoulder more of the responsibility. After all, he was the highest-ranking military officer since Colonel Sumner's death at the beginning of their mission and in the early days, he and Doctor Weir had been linked as the two leaders of Atlantis. Recently, though, he'd been focusing less and less on the menial tasks being in command entailed, focusing more and more on his missions away from Atlantis and his relationship with the attractive woman standing beside him.
                        John forced himself to move, shaking himself mentally and making a vow that he'd discuss the situations with Doctor Weir when he got back after his mission. "I'll talk with her," Sheppard said aloud, exchanging a look with Beckett, promising that this time he meant it. That this time he'd try to help and not let himself be distracted. He turned his head away from Doctor Weir and looked at the distraction holding his hand. A beautiful distraction, one he enjoyed. One he was starting to have doubts about. "Let's go," he murmured, tightening his grip on Teyla's and as he over took her.
                        ^^^^^^^^

I can see it happening that way. Shep isn’t really cut out for boring everyday chores associated with desk work, and Elizabeth is sensitive and compassionate enough that she would take on more of the responsibility herself to allow him time to develop his relationship. I don’t see her getting hissy and jealous, more supportive of his decision and standing by him if he needs her for whatever reason.

Spoiler:
                        ^^^^^^^^
                        [Teyla, reflecting on their relationship after the events of ‘Home’]
                        It wasn't the same between them, not anymore. When they first started out as a couple, it had been new and exciting and they'd been so sure of themselves, so sure it was what they both wanted. She wondered now if she'd been wrong, if they'd let themselves be lulled into their relationship because it was the easiest thing to do. Perhaps they'd mistaken lust for love, acting on their mutual attraction, on the chemistry between them without pausing to question if it was really what they wanted.
                        If it would really work.
                        To be fair to John, she hadn't had doubts until recently. Until they'd been taken to the false reality the Ancient's had created and tried to trick them into believe was real. His world wasn't right for her. She didn't belong there. She had enjoyed it for a short time, loved some of the experiences she'd gone through for the first time like shopping and being driven around in a car but it wasn't for her. She would get bored, would long to be back with her people where she belonged.
                        John had no family. Certainly none that she knew of. Although she'd once decided to be that family for him she worried now that she couldn't. That he didn't want her to be, that it wasn't as important to him as it was to her.
                        Teyla was used to being surrounded by people, to being with them. She wasn't used to being on her own, and although to the thought of having time alone with just John did appeal to her it wasn't what she wanted all of the time.
                        She wanted more. Needed more. Socialising and being part of a community was important to her. Interacting with others, carrying out discussions and observing groups of people together… That was important to her. It was show she raised, how she leaned all she knew.
                        John was uncomfortable with that kind of interaction, especially on a regular basis. She'd noticed it before, noticed it especially the night before. He'd started the evening on good form, making conversation with some, indulging her request to talk to various people but midway through the evening she'd sensed that his attention had wandered, that he would have preferred to have found a quiet corner away from everyone else where he could avoid talking to anyone else until it was time for them all to go home.
                        ^^^^^^^^

I love the part in bold. I love this writer, rather than ignoring some of the silly Sheyla scenes in canon, there is an intelligent thoughtful reflection of their early relationship, and the idea that they got together because it was simple, convenient, because they cared for each other as friends and seemed natural to take it to the next stage, because their names were linked in the city and they were always hanging out as team-members and it was almost expected that they’d end up together eventually. This acknowledges the writers of the show trying to throw them together [the cringeworthy forced chemistry of Shep putting that necklace on her, for instance] and gives it a different spin, a realistic and interesting angle. The fic doesn’t just say SHEYLA SUCKS, OMG DIE, it looks at reasons why they wouldn’t work, even if they tried, the differences between them- essentially, Shep’s loner tendencies, and Teyla’s upbringing as part of a community, being part of a large family, socializing in groups.
                        'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                        will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                        It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                        Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Please indulge me, just a little bit more...

Spoiler:
                          ^^^^^^^^
                          [Teyla thinking about Elizabeth]
                          Teyla frowned and tried to recall seeing Doctor Weir at the party the night before. She remembered her being there at the beginning, greeting the Athosians. She remembered her being there at the end, too, dutifully thanking everyone in turn for coming, inviting them back, saying it was good to see them.
                          She didn't think Doctor Weir had been lying either. She believed the Atlantis leader did genuinely enjoy it when the Athosians came to visit – until recently she could remember Doctor Weir mingling and talking and laughing with everyone before retiring to her place by the balcony outside overlooking the ocean or more often than not finding a place for herself at the railing inside overlooking the Stargate usually with John at her side, the two of them content to talk solely to each other.
                          Teyla stiffened unintentionally, remembering back to all of the other social events they'd held at the city, before she and John became an item. Before Doctor Weir had started avoiding the gathering as much as possible.
                          They always gravitated towards each other, she realised with a sigh. Doctor Weir and Major Sheppard, the two leaders of Atlantis. She didn't know what they talked about, just remembered thinking once that they looked like proud parents, overseeing their children fondly
                          . She herself had been kept occupied by Lieutenant Ford, she remembered. Aiden, he'd told her to call him Aiden. She never had. He'd spent many of those gatherings beside her, listening to her conversations with her people, joining in occasionally, or regaling her with stories of his family, of their gatherings and celebrations.
                          ^^^^^^^^

Teyla’s wonderfully in character. I like stories where the writer can handle one pairing without unduly picking on the member of a counter-pairing that they hate. She’s not portrayed at the evil witch who stole Shep from Elizabeth, she’s not blowing up and storming off to have a catfight with Elizabeth. I love her perspective of Elizabeth and Shep, of the two being comfortable chatting on their own, apart from the group, which ties back to the previous part about how she’s more of a social creature than Shep. It makes the whole thing so much more authentic.

Spoiler:
                          ^^^^^^^^
                          "You shouldn't be here." John kept his voice dangerously low. "We could have handled the situation on our own."
                          They stood together at the far side of the tent they'd been given, doing their best not to disturb their colleagues. Elizabeth stared at him with an arched eyebrow, her shoulder tense. "I beg to differ, Major. How exactly were you planning on getting out of this one?"
                          "I wasn't going to offer them explosives, that's for sure! Weren't you the one who told me you didn't want to establish ourselves as arms dealers in this galaxy?" The reminder of her own words stung but John had no room for remorse. He was battling with concern for Teyla and Ford, concern for Elizabeth and mild anger that she'd put herself in danger – that Beckett had let her – after admitting not so long ago that she was under enough pressure on Atlantis.
                          Her arms moved and her hands came to rest on her hips. "Oh, I'm sorry, would you rather I offered him what he wanted? Maybe I should've thrown myself into the bargain and you could get control of Atlantis."
                          "That's not what I want and you know it." Surprise flared momentarily in his eyes but was beaten back swiftly.
                          "Do I? If I remember right, I'm the one in charge of this mission." One hand moved and she prodded him in the chest with her index finger. "I'm the one in charge of Atlantis."
                          "You are, Elizabeth, that isn't an issue…" John let his eyes roll and caught her hand, taking a deep breath to try and calm himself, conscious of the eavesdroppers doing their best to look as though they were sleeping soundly.
                          "If it isn't an issue then why are you questioning my decisions and acting as though I should have consulted you first?" She pulled her hand back and returned it to her hip, glaring at him.
                          "You should have done!" He fought the urge to throw his hands up in the air in frustration. "You don't have to do it alone. You can't keep doing it alone."
                          "When exactly did I have time to consult you, Major? Before or after Brayne decided to punish you all for waking the Wraith?"
                          "We're not talking about this mission."
                          "Then what are we talking about?"
                          Silence.
                          They stared at each other, both breathing heavily, both flushed. He took a half-step forward and watched as she took a half-step back, wariness entering her eyes.
                          "This isn't about the mission," he answered in a quieter voice, his eyes dark. "This is about you trying to do too much and me not doing enough to help out."
                          "I've been managing fine on my own, John." It was a struggle to keep her tone as soft as his but she managed. Barely. "Honestly. I don't know what Carson's told you but he should learn to mind his own business. I'm fine. I don't need you putting your life on hold to help me with mine."
                          "I wouldn't be putting my life on hold. I want to help out more, I want to take on more responsibility." He shrugged and looked away. "I just got distracted…"
                          A brief albeit wistful sigh turned up the corners of her mouth for a split second. "You have nothing to feel guilty about, John, I really wish you'd stop doing that. You and Teyla need time together and I understand that. I don't expect you to put your relationship on hold so you can work yourself to an early grave on Atlantis. You do enough as it is, risking your life every time you go off world… I'm happy for you and Teyla. I'm pleased you have each other to turn to." She didn't miss the shadow that passed over his face and stopped speaking.
                          "It won't be an issue anymore."
                          "I'm sorry to hear that." When his gaze found its way back to her face, he saw nothing but genuine sympathy there.
                          "Don't be, it wasn't serious. Yet." He ran a hand through his hair and shifted awkwardly. "She, ah, doesn't know yet. So I'd appreciate it if…"
                          "I won't tell anyone." Elizabeth made the promise quietly and knew it was one she would keep. "Is there no way you can make it work…?"
                          He shook his head. "It shouldn't have started in the first place."
                          Elizabeth could think of nothing to say to that so settled for letting her hand rest on his arm in consolation. "Back to the matter at hand," she said after a few moments had passed. "I'll need you to demonstrate how to use C4 tomorrow."
                          ^^^^^^^^

I love Shep making this professional conflict a personal one, with the guilty!Shep- at realizing he hasn’t been pulling his weight around the city, and the toll it’s taken on her as a result- bleeding over into their disagreement, even though it’s not the time or the place.

Elizabeth is the kind to keep the two worlds fiercely apart in her head, which is why I’d see her being able to deal with a Sheyla relationship, because she’d want to support her people, no matter what her personal feelings were on the matter, she wouldn’t let it be an issue, if anything, she’d do whatever she could to help ease the pressure on him so he could be happy.

He may not be with the ‘I’ll love Lizzeh til my dying day’ program yet, and considering he’s just now realizing things aren’t working with Teyla, it’d be jumping the gun for that to happen yet, but I love that there’s still so much closeness and that bond between him and Elizabeth, that he’s telling her BEFORE Teyla that it’s over. He may have been involved with someone else, but he’s not going to stop caring about her. It’s also wonderfully ELIZABETH that she will be sympathetic, before returning to the problem they’re facing.

Spoiler:
                          ^^^^^^^^
                          "You kissed Ford?" His voice was calm. It surprised him. Surprised her more. "Do you have feelings for him, Teyla? Truthfully?"
                          "I didn't think so then but now… I think I do. I'm sorry, John. We are too different. I can't be the woman you need me to be and you…"
                          "Can't be the man you need me to be," he finished for her with the smallest of smiles. A smile that looked more like a grimace. "I understand, Teyla. I think I feel the same way."
                          The corners of her mouth twitched, a hint of a sad smile lingering behind. "About Doctor Weir, I presume. Unless there's more to your relationship with Aiden than I've been led to believe…"
                          He appreciated her attempt at humour and his smile reappeared briefly. "I can assure you you'll get no competition with me there. Promise."
                          "Good." The smile on her face faded and the nervous expression returned. "Will this affect our friendship? If you would prefer not to have me on your team, I would understand…"
                          "You're staying on the team, Teyla." He pushed himself up, tired but knowing he wasn't going to get any sleep until he heard from Doctor Beckett. "And I'd like to still be friends. Good friends."
                          "I would like that also." A genuine smile broke out across her face, radiating relief, and Teyla bowed her head as he approached, an echo of the Athosian hand of friendship she'd offered him once before. Her relief grew when he returned the gesture, his arms moving to encircle her for the briefest of embraces before he took a step back and let her go.
                          Let go of their failed attempt at a relationship and re-embraced their friendship.
                          ^^^^^^^^

Best. Break-up Scene. EVER. It acknowledges that Shep and Teyla are good friends, and can remain that way, after all this. The humor, the mutual understanding, the wry sadness, that last line, slays me dead. And then the Sparky infirmary scene revives me again, lol. Gotta love a fic that can sensitively deal with a fading Sheyla relationship, a growing enduring Sparky relationship, and Elizabeth getting to save the day. Yay!
                          'I am frightened that the flame of hate will burn me
                          will scorch my pride, scar my heart
                          It will burn and I cannot put it out...'

Sig by Falcon Horus- thank you!

my LJ of squee *myspace of angst * my fic of random

My OTP forever, by Stef, who is awesome:
                          Spoiler:

Thanks, Stef!

Comment

Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my first ever Sparky video. I hope you enjoy!

"Sober"

John learns that even though he's finding the strength to move on, "it's never really over."

Wishing you all much love, laughter and light!
                            Sig by LadyBozi

Comment

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                              Good luck. And don't murder each other

Okay, my try:

Spoiler:
                              I see you standing here
                              but just so far away
                              starving for your attention
                              you don't even know my name
                              You're going through so much
                              but I know that I
                              could be the one
                              to hold you

Every single day
                              I find it hard to say
                              could be yours alone
                              you will see someday
                              that all along the way
                              was yours to hold
                              I was yours to hold

Skillet - Yours to hold
                              If you like Skillet, there's a Sparky vid to one of their songs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC7eJ...DD908D&index=6

I really like it, but its as much a farewell to the character as it is a sparky vid
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Black Hawk View Post
                                Hey guys!

I just wanted to share my first ever Sparky video. I hope you enjoy!

"Sober"

John learns that even though he's finding the strength to move on, "it's never really over."

Wishing you all much love, laughter and light!
                                I did enjoy

Originally posted by borgprincess View Post
                                Keller is TOTALLY the new Troi! Omg, I totally meant to make that link in my post…except I went off on a tangent and forgot about linking it back to Keller, but you made the connection anyway. Great minds…
                                ... always end up on tangents

<snip>
                                I’m bracing for the round of boos that might follow this post, but…how do you suppose Elizabeth would react if the Sheylas had ever gotten their wish in the show? I totally do NOT ship them, and avoid fics supporting this ship, but then I came across Rainbows by Jo. R on ff.net that made me realize what an under-explored and interesting aspect of Sparky this was. I take it for granted in fics and canon that Shep and Elizabeth are good friends; he comes around to her office to chat with her, make sure she’s not over-working, having something to eat, they hang out balconies and have deep & meaningful conversations, all the cute friendship fluffiness with a tinge of the possibility of something more.
                                No boos from me. Great fic. I found it hugely ironic that a fic written in 05 contained this:

Spoiler:
                                "Where's Doctor Weir?" Bates demanded as the small team made their way to him. He met them half way, staring at John accusingly. "Major Sheppard? Where is Doctor Weir?"

"Doctor Weir volunteered to stay behind," John answered in a voice that wasn't as calm as he would have liked. The look that accompanied the words, however, was enough to keep Sergeant Bates from giving him too hard a time.

"I assume there's a plan?" The sergeant said it with an arched eyebrow, folding him arms over his chest. "You're not planning on leaving her behind?"

The eyes that met his were as cold as ice. "No one gets left behind, Sergeant, especially not the leader of Atlantis." John could almost hear the words 'you left Colonel Sumner behind' reverberate in the Sergeant's head but he brutally forced them out of his own.

I think that would have made for an interesting take on things in the show, if the writers had decided to confront the 'two ships' issue by devoting an ep/a moment to one of them, explaining/illustrating how it wouldn't have worked
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X