No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually I know how to park - parallel and backwards.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Actually I know how to park - parallel and backwards.
      I prefer the latter to the first, but I can do both just as well. And if I should come short on space, I take parking lessons from Sledge Hammer (we all know who he is, right?).
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I prefer the latter to the first, but I can do both just as well. And if I should come short on space, I take parking lessons from Sledge Hammer (we all know who he is, right?).
        Ummm, can we get a video? I think it should prove to be very amusing!

Comment

RAWR! The new forum rearrangements have me going into the Stargate: Atlantis forums every two seconds! *headdesk*
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
            Ummm, can we get a video? I think it should prove to be very amusing!
            Lots of Slegde Hammer vids on youtube and not one where he parallel parks his car. Sledge on wiki -> Trust me! I know what I'm doing. (after which disaster would follow)

And his parking ... He'd just make room to fit his car, bumping against the one parked in front and behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              » Internet getting cut off actually means I have time to work on other things. Such as this. *g* Feedback and comments are love.

I LOVE THIS!

Evanescense is awesome. I think a lot of their songs are good Elizabeth angst songs.
              sigpic
              Signature by Erin87

Comment

Shameless self pimping time!

Sunday fathers new chapter: part one and part two

Thank you for your help with this, Scary Kitty!

Comment

Reiko - that's an amazing vid! I loved it - great effects and good song choice. You captured Elizabeth well! Congratulations!

Guys I need a help finding a sparky vid - I'm pretty certain someone made a vid to "Carry you home" by James Blunt (?). Can anyone help me find it?

Comment

Wow...slow day.

Reiko, I'll make sure to watch your vid later today!

Alright...Irresistible questions, just to get the ball rolling...

One caveat: My questions address the ridiculous, not realistic, aspects of the episode. I understand the gravity of the date rape drug allusion and know it can apply no matter how far-fetched the show. I feel that the people in the forum I've encountered are mature enough to separate the reality from the fiction, but if it bothers you anyway, please skip the questions you find offensive.

1) In an interview, the PTB once stated that Irresistible was an idea that looked great on paper but just didn't turn out quite as they'd expected. Do you think the concept had good potential or not? If so, where did they go wrong?

2) Liz and Tey-Tey--the writers reference Lucius's wives on the planet, but don't go that far with our girls other than them liking the idea of 'becoming wives' (I think John would have absolutely slaughtered him if he'd gotten a hint it had gone further than that!). Yet Lucius did stay a night in the city. Were the writers playing it cautious with the ladies of Atlantis? How much do you assume?

3) One interesting aspect of Liz's 'infatuation' was her inability to condemn John, despite the influences of Lucius. Why do you think that was?

4) Rodney uses the drug on John at the end of the episode. Is Rodney secretly a Lucius at heart? Do you approve or disapprove of this?

5) Did you find any parts of Irresistible funny?

6) How do you feel about this episode overall? Why?

7) Cap this picture with a more ridiculous phrase than already exists: PLEASE REMEMBER TO REMOVE THE [ IMG ] TAGS WHEN YOU DO:

Last edited by Eri13; 26 August 2008, 11:36 AM.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Ha! Let me take a first stab at this poor excuse of an episode!

1) In an interview, the PTB once stated that Irresistible was an idea that looked great on paper but just didn't turn out quite as they'd expected. Do you think the concept had good potential or not? If so, where did they go wrong?

Because making people look and act funny and making people look and act like idiots are two different things. The latter is not funny.

2) Liz and Tey-Tey--the writers reference Lucius's wives on the planet, but don't go that far with our girls other than them liking the idea of 'becoming wives' (I think John would have absolutely slaughtered him if he'd gotten a hint it had gone further than that!). Yet Lucius did stay a night in the city. Were the writers playing it cautious with the ladies of Atlantis? How much do you assume?

I think everything was sorted out before Lucius got the chance to go beyond, ummm, groping? Because if he did go beyond that, John would beat the crap out of him. *firm nod*

3) One interesting aspect of Liz's 'infatuation' was her inability to condemn John, despite the influences of Lucius. Why do you think that was?

John is pretty. And hot. No drug can cloud Lizzie's mind that much to make her oblivious to the simple fact of nature (that she's totally smitten by John, of course. Pajus, I can see you rolling your eyes. Please keep quiet. This is my snark moment.) Also, Lucius is so ugly that no drug and its effects can make him really attractive.

4) Rodney uses the drug on John at the end of the episode. Is Rodney secretly a Lucius at heart? Do you approve or disapprove of this?

I disapprove but I don't think Rodney is Lucius. He wants to be the king of the day, that's certain, but he isn't a sleazy ******* and a coward at heart like Lucius.

Buck up, Carson!!!

That's the only one.

Idiocy. It makes my favorite characters behave like complete idiots for the sake of cheap fun. The episode isn't funny, it's awkward and has some serious issues which I will address as promised. Also, Lucius isn't funny. He's creepy. I don't find creepy guys funny or amusing. Everything is wrong on so many levels and simply it's made of massive FAIL.

I'm not in the mood for capping. Too sleepy.

Comment

Here's something I consider funny. And silly.

http://media.putfile.com/Love-is-strange

And yes, I've made it ages ago.

Comment

"Buck up Carson" and also the ogling of the gourd. That's about all.

I have to honestly say that as much as I dislike this episode the whole cast did a great job of acting in this one. I also liked seeing the cast smile a lot.

Other than that --- well, you know the rest. The more I think about this episode, the less I want to even consider what happened off-screen. MEMO TO FANDOM: LUCIUS DID NOT SLEEP WITH ANYBODY. And that is all.

7) Cap this picture with a more ridiculous phrase than already exists:
                          http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...istible734.jpg
                          Rodney: Fly, Lucius, fly...
                          Me: I think my slash-o-meter just broke.

Comment

I miss Weir a lot. I miss the possibilities of something going on with Sheppard as well. I thought they'd make a good argumentative team/couple.

I'm about halfway through season 4 and I'm just not liking it (along with my dislike of the Keller character) as much as previous seasons.
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Welcome to the thread!

Don't worry about not enjoying season 4... you're not as alone as you might think (understatement of the year, I reckon).

But trust me when I say the Sparkies can point you to all the Sparky-moments in that same season, you didn't even realize were there in the first place.

John/Kate FTW!!! ... Oh wait no... Sorry! ... JOHN/ELIZABETH FTW!

Comment

Hi Sparkies

Trawling through my email just now, I came across a meme that I did in my LJ regarding writing little ficlets for a fandom pairing in response to a song. I can't remember if I posted it here or not, but I thought you might like to read them

(I've put the rules under there as well, in case I was confusing...)

Spoiler:
                                1. Pick a character, pairing, or fandom you like.
                                2. Put iTunes or equivalent media player on random.
                                3. For each song that plays, write something related to the theme you picked inspired by the song. You have only the time frame of the song: no planning beforehand: you start when it starts, and no lingering afterward; once the song is over, you stop writing. (No fair skipping songs either; you have to take what comes by chance!)
                                4. Do 5 of these, then post.

Fandom: Stargate Atlantis
                                Characters: John Sheppard, Elizabeth Weir
                                Pairing: SPARKY!
                                Rating: Dunnooo
                                Notes: Set at various points in the series, or sometimes in a completly different AU. Other characters mentioned by name only, and there's kissing. A bit angsty in places... Enjoy!

1. Song: Romeo and Juliet - Dire Straits

A regular day. No Wraith or Genaii or Replicators to bother the Atlantis team, so John was making the most of it. He sat on the side of his bed.

9:30

Paperwork? Nah. Not now. The New Lantian Sun was beaming down on the city, sparkling on the waves. On a whim, John grabbed a book from the shelf next to his desk and headed outside to sit in the sun.

He arrived a few minutes later, bottle of water in hand, at one of the balcony areas of the city. Probably the one where the first of the ascended women was treated to dinner by him. He sat down leaning on the wall and opened his book.

"The Complete Works of Shakespeare"

'Damn.' He thought 'I thought I'd got War and Peace. Its certainly thick enough...'

John remembered that it was one of the ones that Elizabeth had lent him before she left. He saw a yellow ribbon between two pages, and he opened the book to the page. The end of the ribbon was hanging just above one line of the text of the prologue of one of the plays.

"A pair of starcrossed lovers" was all he read, before he shut the book and closed his eyes, dreaming of that woman, far across the stars.

2. Song: Goodbye My Lover - James Blunt

Elizabeth stared at the box of belongings before her. She could see a box of golf balls, the Jonny Cash poster rolled up and tied with a band, a few broken guitar strings.

She picked up an empty photo frame. It was a silver frame, with a blue flower pressed into each corner. Empty, 6x4 inch frame. A frame that should hold a picture of a loved one, a friend. Someone who's seen them smile with joy, cry with grief, someone who you can tell anything to, no matter how big or small, destructive or mindless.

A tear fell down Elizabeths' face. John was the person who'd fill that picture frame if it sat on her desk.

3. Song: Kiss from a Rose - Seal

"I told you John Sheppard, I do not dance, even at Christmas!" Elizabeth pleaded with her military commander. It was Christmas Eve and the expedition team were holding a Christmas Ball, organised by John and the only other willing volunteer, Teyla.

"Hey, I'll lead all the way! Like you do in your day job. Put your drink down, Jennifer will look after your bag, now come and dance!" He took her wrist and whisked her up into a slow waltz, dancing around the Pine Tree that John's team had somehow managed to bring back through the gate and put up in the middle of the Gateroom.

Elizabeth was tripping over her feet everywhere. She felt utterly ridiculous, she was never one to dance, even at school. But her stubborness meant that by the time John had convinced her to dance, the song was nearly ended. They slowed down to a gentle twirling motion by the Christmas Tree as the song slowed to a halt, and there was a general cheer of appreciation for the song before the next more upbeat one started.

John and Elizabeth were too busy sticking to the traditional practises under the mistletoe to notice that the song had changed.

4. Song: Who Wants To Live Forever - Queen

John couldn't help but stare at the beautiful woman before him getting the grilling of a lifetime from the IOC. He had to be present at the hearing of Elizabeth's judgement before the Oversite Commitee, even though it was absolutly paining him to see the committee wolves ripping every shread of decency out of the Atlantis Leader.

"That isn't the point, Dr Weir, you made a bad decision regarding the trade agreement, ultimatly putting the Atlantis team in dan..."

John stood up "That isn't the point either!" and continued in a rage about how the IOC had their lines crossed about everything, knowing full well that Elizabeth, standing practically in the beam of the hypothetical interogating light, had a smile on her face not because the IOC were getting the thrashing they deserved, but because it was coming from John, who knew full well that what the IOC were saying was a pack of lies. Defending her to the end.

5. Song: For Good - Wicked (Soundtrack)

The Stargate closed behind the team for the final time. Whilst ultimatly they feel they were being robbed of their experiences in the Pegasus Galaxy, they knew they had to end it now. It was for "the good of humaity" as Woolsey put it.

There were tears and hugs as the team watched the swirling pool before them fade into nothing. John stood there, no tears, no sympathetic hugs from anyone. They'd left people behind. Teyla, Ronan, to fend for themselves without the safety of Atlantis to come home to.

"How do you return to "normality" after an experience like that?" John said to himself, and Elizabeth came and joined him, linking her arm in his, hugging his arm. She was about to reply when he turned to her and kissed her, the same as he'd done on the balcony all those times in their former home.

John turned away and walked to the door of the Gateroom, turning his back on the Stargate program, the job of a lifetime, with his former commander, now soulmate, his life and his future in the crook of his arm.
                                The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                                Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                                "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Working...
                                X