Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Reiko View Post
    » Holy shiznits, Falcon, you're quick.
    That would be because the story ends in the first 3 minutes, while the last are happy images of my three heroes. And then there's one minute of end credit which you have to watch all the way to the end because I stuck a small clip at the end... which when watching again makes me ache when knowing what will happen 5 seasons later.

    The vid is a grand total of 7m10s.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
      Spoiler:


      One more for the road. *Sigh* John looks much more happier there, then I've seen in later season 4 and 5 pictures. He's def. got darker since then.

      Oh and who did pay the bill
      I mentioned this over on the GitM thread but it got lost in the middle of the ship war. *gags*
      Spoiler:
      S4-5 John has been downright gloomy. He looks depressed and angry most of the time. However, all that changed in GitM and he looked more hopeful and more like S1-3 John. Then in the end he got his little heart broken again. I wonder what effect this will have on the rest of S5. Several people agreed with me.


      Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Welcome! Yeah, I didn't even catch that aspect (Weir protecting Sheppard) until after it had happened. While I support Torri's decision, that would have been chillingly good to see Torri Higginson do it; yet it worked for me that it was just Elizabeth in general. But I had to sit back and start to review in my head before I thought 'hey--that was Elizabeth saving Sheppard in an action-oriented way!' In a way I hoped it would happen, I sorta hypothesized it could, but I didn't expect it would, so I was impressed. For me, it was a perfect parallel to the times he saved her life (The Eye, Progeny, etc). When I did reflect on it, it was just another interesting and nice revelation in GITM as regards Sheppard/Weir.

      Their relationship would be interesting. I wish we could see it. With Torri reprising the character. I won't hold out to hope, though.
      There were shout outs to so many eps in GitM.
      Spoiler:
      We've been saying for years that we wanted to see her save him. I'd almost believe they listened to us if I didn't know better.



      Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
      Oh Wait!

      This is a good one to start off on

      Sorry size
      Spoiler:
      John and Liz are obviously flirting. Ronon knows it. And Teyla appears to have her eyes closed so they'll have some privacy.


      Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
      Two more. Will leave you with that, me off to bed now. Night sparkies.

      Spoiler:


      John knows by instinct that she is walking up behind him. Rodney is distracted wondering who she'll root for. And John is thinking that he has to win to impress her. And hoping that she'll lean over next to him. He is also kicking Rodney under the table for looking at her bosom.
      sigpic

      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I mentioned this over on the GitM thread but it got lost in the middle of the ship war. *gags*
        Spoiler:
        S4-5 John has been downright gloomy. He looks depressed and angry most of the time. However, all that changed in GitM and he looked more hopeful and more like S1-3 John. Then in the end he got his little heart broken again. I wonder what effect this will have on the rest of S5. Several people agreed with me.
        I'm going to have to go over there and have a greening spree.

        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        There were shout outs to so many eps in GitM.
        Spoiler:
        We've been saying for years that we wanted to see her save him. I'd almost believe they listened to us if I didn't know better.
        Just remember... it was all Carl's doing.

        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        John knows by instinct that she is walking up behind him. Rodney is distracted wondering who she'll root for. And John is thinking that he has to win to impress her. And hoping that she'll lean over next to him. He is also kicking Rodney under the table for looking at her bosom.
        Bwahahahah!!!!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I mentioned this over on the GitM thread but it got lost in the middle of the ship war. *gags*
          Spoiler:
          S4-5 John has been downright gloomy. He looks depressed and angry most of the time. However, all that changed in GitM and he looked more hopeful and more like S1-3 John. Then in the end he got his little heart broken again. I wonder what effect this will have on the rest of S5. Several people agreed with me.
          I'm still amused that there are ship wars, considering Elizabeth hasn't been a main character since season 3. Our ship is strong, yes it is.

          Spoiler:
          Oh John. He makes me so sad, but happy at the same time. HE WAS SO HOPEFUL. That line, that line showed us what John was feeling. He wanted Elizabeth back SO MUCH. He forgave Elizabeth for "betraying" them. He just wanted her back. And then his heart breaks. I'm good till season 6 if there is one. I want Lizzie back.
          Last edited by Ruined_puzzle; 18 August 2008, 06:24 PM.
          sigpic
          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            Thanks Wormhole! Those'r awesome!

            Can I just say the scene with Lizzie holding up her finger to shut Rodney and John up is still one of my favorites? Especially since Rodney mimics it with his own sort of 'did she just give me da finger?'



            Spoiler:


            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I mentioned this over on the GitM thread but it got lost in the middle of the ship war. *gags*
            Spoiler:
            S4-5 John has been downright gloomy. He looks depressed and angry most of the time. However, all that changed in GitM and he looked more hopeful and more like S1-3 John. Then in the end he got his little heart broken again. I wonder what effect this will have on the rest of S5. Several people agreed with me.
            And I already posted why

            Comment


              Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post


              Such good times.

              We need a new mission.
              Operation lets send Carl Binder chocolate. LOL. Or
              Spoiler:
              Operation let's spread the sparky joy everywhere


              Regarding the SyFyPortal review, unspoken feelings means love to me.

              Guys I want Elizabeth back so bad now. I was mostly over Elizabeth being gone but this episode has made me want her back. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad.
              sigpic
              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                I'm still amused that there are ship wars, considering Elizabeth hasn't been a main character since season 3. Our ship is strong, yes it is.

                Spoiler:
                Oh John. He makes me so sad, but happy at the same time. HE WAS SO HOPEFUL. That line, that line showed us what John was feeling. He wanted Elizabeth back SO MUCH. He forgave Elizabeth for "betraying" them. He just wanted her back. And then his heart breaks. I'm good till season 6 if there is one. I want Lizzie back.
                Me too. This has just renewed my Sparky spirit. No matter what happens. No matter how TPTB change their minds yet again and ship John with lord knows who, we will always have GitM and, might I add, all the perfectly objective non-shippers who agree with us. I just read another comment on the GitM thread from someone who was saying he (?) was glad the ship talk was over. Yet he went on to say it was obvious. He could only have meant Sparky. Or am I being delusional again?

                I want her back too. But I'm not naive enough to think it will be Torri. I think I could accept Michelle without a problem. And tons of people agree. I know for some that would never work, and I'm sorry for them. But I'm always the practical one.

                This euphoria won't last because it is after all, a TV show. But I plan to enjoy it.

                Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                Spoiler:




                And I already posted why
                My eyes. It burrrrrnnnnsss!
                sigpic

                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle View Post
                  Operation lets send Carl Binder chocolate. LOL. Or
                  Spoiler:
                  Operation let's spread the sparky joy everywhere


                  Regarding the SyFyPortal review, unspoken feelings means love to me.

                  Guys I want Elizabeth back so bad now. I was mostly over Elizabeth being gone but this episode has made me want her back. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad.
                  Knowing the way TPTB thinks, it's probably a bit of both, depending on who's writing.

                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Me too. This has just renewed my Sparky spirit. No matter what happens. No matter how TPTB change their minds yet again and ship John with lord knows who, we will always have GitM and, might I add, all the perfectly objective non-shippers who agree with us. I just read another comment on the GitM thread from someone who was saying he (?) was glad the ship talk was over. Yet he went on to say it was obvious. He could only have meant Sparky. Or am I being delusional again?
                  If you're delusional, then so am I. The non-shippers among the fans see it, the critics see it. TPTB are so Out. Of. Touch.

                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I want her back too. But I'm not naive enough to think it will be Torri. I think I could accept Michelle without a problem. And tons of people agree. I know for some that would never work, and I'm sorry for them. But I'm always the practical one.

                  This euphoria won't last because it is after all, a TV show. But I plan to enjoy it.
                  Stranger things have happened. It could be Torri. A lot of people liked Michelle, but a lot of those same people also said that they would have liked to see Torri, and would like to see Torri back in the future. I wouldn't call that a ringing endorsement for bringing Michelle back as Elizabeth again, especially when Michelle herself said that she'd rather come back as the original Fran. Sounds like while she enjoyed the experience as a one-time acting experiment, she's not interested in continuing to play a role that requires her to imitate another actress's performance. And frankly, it wouldn't be fair to her to ask her to do so; she definitely deserves to play her own original role. I hope she digs in her heels on that.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    May I just add that I want her too. But I want Torri, because she is the only real Elizabeth for me. I'm not naive either but one can always dream and hope, right? Weirder things have happened. I wonder whom we have to convince now.
                    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

                    Comment


                      It is as it's ever been. Hammer the studio and the network.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        My eyes. It burrrrrnnnnsss!
                        hehehe

                        Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        May I just add that I want her too. But I want Torri, because she is the only real Elizabeth for me. I'm not naive either but one can always dream and hope, right? Weirder things have happened. I wonder whom we have to convince now.
                        You can always write fanfics

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                          You can always write fanfics
                          We're already doing that.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            i think we can safely assume that we're done talking about Ghost in the machine? or not?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                              May I just add that I want her too. But I want Torri, because she is the only real Elizabeth for me. I'm not naive either but one can always dream and hope, right? Weirder things have happened. I wonder whom we have to convince now.
                              I agree.
                              Spoiler:
                              I think Michelle did as well of a job as one could... but it's just not the same. The entire time I was watching I just kept thinking, God, I wish this was Torri!

                              I don't see Torri coming back as out of the question either. She didn't accept last time because Elizabeth's future was very vague, right? But what if they made her a really good offer? Now, how do we convince them to do that? Lol.

                              I missed the whole Save Elizabeth Weir Campain last time... and I've felt so helpless since I got into Atlantis earlier this year, wishing I had been around to at least try to make a difference. I just want to do something.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                We're already doing that.
                                I know that. And in order to honor the tradition of gutter day, here's an Oblivious!Rodney and Backbone-having!Keller (she's written totally off-character in said story):

                                Spoiler:
                                “What the hell???” Rodney thought watching the screens in his lab. After the last outbreak of an alien disease, he had tuned up the Ancient life sign scanners to help identify the sick and place them in quarantine before they could infect others, but right now, he was doubting the changes he had made.

                                All the life signs in the city were consistent with sleeping people... All save the two life signs in Jacuzzi room one. Finally deciding that there has to be something wrong with the two unfortunate people rather than with his modifications, he decided to call the sickbay.

                                Dr. Keller was trying to survive yet another graveyard shift without falling asleep when she heard Rodney's voice in the radio: “This is Dr McKay calling the infirmary, anyone there?”

                                Rodney's question sounded urgent – like every time he had a splinter in his finger or was threatened by someone with a lemon in their hands. Still half asleep, Keller took the radio and answered: “This is Dr Keller. What can I do for you?”

                                “I need you to come with a medical team to Jacuzzi room one.”

                                The request woke Keller up a little. “What's going on there?”

                                “I don't know exactly, I'm only tracking it on the lifesign sensors. There are two people in the tub. Their body temperature is 101 degrees and rising, their heart rates are 170 and getting quicker, quick shallow breathing and very high levels of endorphins!” The only thing Rodney could hear from the radio was Keller exploding in laughter.

                                After nearly one minute of laughter, Keller got herself finally under control enough to say something. “You are 39 years old and you don't know what's going on? Shame on you Rodney! Shut the sensors down and give them some privacy, you sick pervert!”

                                Keller's behavior made Rodney compose a complaint against her in his head. The people in the room needed her attention and she was laughing like a little girl and called Rodney a sick pervert. Finally, he made one more attempt to get her to where she was needed. “If you don't go there right now, Dr Weir will find a complaint against you on her desk first thing tomorrow morning!!!”

                                Rodney's yelling made Keller roll her eyes in disbelief, grab her medical bag and go to where Rodney wanted her to be.


                                As she approached the Jacuzzi room, Keller saw Rodney already waiting. There were no noises coming from the inside, which made Keller curious and a little concerned as to what might be happening inside.

                                Finally, Rodney opened the door panel, took the upper most crystal and used it to bridge the other two. The door slid open with a slight whoosh and offered the sight of an empty room to the two doctors. “I don't get it...” Rodney connected his tablet to a nearby terminal and confirmed the two lifesigns still being in the room, their temperature now 105 degrees, their pulse and endorphin level off the chart. “This doesn't make sense! We're here and they should be in that tub.” Rodney pointed his finger at the bathtub in the center of the room and threw an incredulous look at Keller.

                                Deciding that she has nothing to lose now, Keller grabbed Rodney by his jacket and tossed the surprised physicist into the tub, splashing water in all directions. “There is one lifesign in the tub now.” Keller watched the rabbit-caught-in-the-headlight expression in Rodney's face for a few moments before she turned on her heel and left the room.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X