Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

» *snicker* Ah.

Comment

In hindsight, there were so many other ways to go with there. I'm surprised SR hasn't come up with a wet plaid lumberjack fic. With a gun. Plot bunny SR?
      sigpic

Comment

» How about the plot bunny in shoulder dislocation experimentation?

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          I'm contemplating writing a companion piece to "When I see the Sun again", but from John's perspective.

Ten years of John's life on Atlantis.... what could have happened?
          DO IT!!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I have an idea for a second installment based on Broken Arrow. Stay tuned.
          Yay! *happy dance*

Yay! I am definitely staying tuned for that. In the meantime, remeber the exploded cake? I'm about ti finish that fic
          *cackles* Exploded cake FTW!!!!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Gateraid, I wouldn't mess with John's hair if I was you.

Fic almost done!
            What she said. Mess with Teh Hair at your own peril.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              I meant that he was standing out in a hurricane/rain storm for Sparky, not the other meaning

[ATTACH]6406[/ATTACH]

I really am clueless sometimes
              You are a naughty one, yes you are.

In hindsight, there were so many other ways to go with there. I'm surprised SR hasn't come up with a wet plaid lumberjack fic. With a gun. Plot bunny SR?
              And why am I suddenly the only one in the gutter? OMG! wet laid (*giggle snort* I typed laid instead of plaid) lumberjack in the rain fic. With a gun.

You weren't here for the days of the male nurses. They made house calls and we put in orders ahead of time. It was mostly John and Ronon. Nobody seemed to want a massage from McKay. Go figure. Mine always wore his gun slung low. Real low. Ah those were good times.

I'll think about that fic, but tomorrow is my husband's birthday. Sigh. And I have to spend it with him. But, on a happy note, we're going to the wine store. Wheee!
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I meant that he was standing out in a hurricane/rain storm for Sparky, not the other meaning

[ATTACH]6406[/ATTACH]

I really am clueless sometimes
                Ah, but accidental or not, it's such a fitting double entendre! Well done!

Comment

And why am I suddenly the only one in the gutter? OMG! wet laid (*giggle snort* I typed laid instead of plaid) lumberjack in the rain fic. With a gun.

You weren't here for the days of the male nurses. They made house calls and we put in orders ahead of time. It was mostly John and Ronon. Nobody seemed to want a massage from McKay. Go figure. Mine always wore his gun slung low. Real low. Ah those were good times.

I'll think about that fic, but tomorrow is my husband's birthday. Sigh. And I have to spend it with him. But, on a happy note, we're going to the wine store. Wheee!
                  Talk about naughty! I am giggling my head off about the male nurses! Yum, that does sound like fun!

And wine? That's even yummier!

Comment

Popping back in again to post this week's Sparky!Family Day fic rec:

Gentle Awakening, by Mama Jo. Part of the Year of the Spark on ffnet. A short, sweet and fluffy scenelet in which John experiences something unique one morning.

Happy reading!

Comment

TO THE SPARKY THREAD;

Logic to emotion….logic goes with emotion in my case especially where Sparky is concerned. For seasons one, two and three the whole Elizabeth/John dynamic was the whole reason WHY I watched the show. When the news broke that Torri was leaving the show I was heartbroken. I cried, I raged against TPTB, I was in denial about the whole situation but you now what….I moved past it. Torri hasn’t been a part of the show for an entire season now. That’s a whole year and a bit. Don’t you believe that it’s time we as a ship move on and look for Sparky moments where there are none apparent?

I’m not trying to get people to do something that they don’t want to do. I’m just saying that as one of those die hard fans who was horrified that Torri left, I was able to move on. Me. The hopeless romantic the one who was worried way back in December 06 that the lack of Elizabeth storylines meant nothing but I was told by many people on this thread that it wasn’t a big deal; I’ve moved on and I would hope that other sparky fans would follow, especially considering it IS a television show and the characters aren’t really real.

^_^ I’m glad that I’ve reinvigorated the thread SR; there’s only so much non-discussion/posting pictures/rambling on that I can handle. And you’re totally right, discussions even when we disagree is good and I know that I harbour no feelings to anyone.

And while I can’t blame anyone from having a good time, I miss the days when the thread analysed the new episodes and the fresh blood. Looking for sparky moments everywhere—I saw the teaser for ‘Ghost in the Machine’ which is tying up loose story threads that pertain directly to sparky. I wanted to get some pre-discussion on what it will mean for the ship and how our beloved characters will react even if it’s not the same actors who are interacting.

As for other shows being written better than SGA…I’ll respectfully agree to disagree. I think that with the exception of the majority of season four that Atlantis is an amazingly well written show. And you know what; no show is perfect when they kill characters. Kes was hardly mentioned on VOYAGER once Jennifer Lien left the show, at least not until the character was revisited. And you know in other shows, even if characters aren’t mentioned by name it is easy to read between the lines and see how the deaths of those characters have affected those who survive.

Case in point—John going after Teyla. He didn’t want to lose another person that he cared about. And yes, John/Rodney/Teyla and Ronan SHOULD have been dead many episodes ago and yet their characters have been developed so that they could be resilient to such things. My main beef with Elizabeth’s injury at the end of season three is that Elizabeth should have known NOT to go to the window. But she did because of the writers.

There have been 52 deaths so far? And how long took place between those deaths? Months passed between Sunday and First Strike. Months more between Lifeline and Midway was it? People heal over time. Just because WE don’t see the healing and the mentioning doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

And yes, ‘LFP’ is a great clip show that pays respect to those who fell in the first season but since then there hasn’t been a need for such an episode to exist. That doesn’t mean that the characters don’t mourn them or miss them. It just means that we don’t see it. That’s all.

Elizabeth hasn’t been brought back. She was given four episodes in season four as opposed to being fired and she turned down the chance to tie up some loose ends in ‘Ghost in the Machine’ and who knows what will happen after that.

And to those who remember Woolsey way back in season 7 of SG1 he has changed a lot. And I choose to believe that he has changed a lot based on his previous experiences in Atlantis, including his interactions with Elizabeth.

Carl Binder himself in his interview said that it’s more of an action/adventure story and the characters take the backseat. The real fun is looking for character moments in and amongst the stories.

And in terms of the one character, it shouldn’t be based on one character. It’s an ensemble show and therefore while we all have our favourites it’s how the team dynamic works and teams change.

You know in terms of not watching because you know it’s going to be bad and you’re going to hate it anyways…that’s just a silly notion. If sparky taught me anything it taught me that one should look for things in unexpected places. As Sparky and Atlantis fans (or former for some of us) we should be watching the show just to see. I know that I wasn’t looking forward to season four but ‘The Last Man’ surprised the heck out of me and the first four episodes in season five have surprised me as well. I gave it a chance and continue to give it a chance thinking the worst but experiencing something so much more.

No contradiction with the ‘no one dies in sci-fi’ so long as I’m concerned. People can die and be brought back. Daniel, who is a much loved character has been killed or thought to be killed around two dozen times or so I think.

And I don’t believe that we should shut up and go away or stop watching or give it a rest and go play somewhere. All I’m saying is that NONE OF US really understand the true inner workings of what went down. We’re not in show business; we don’t know the reasoning behind what happens. Therefore our complaining should only go so far. And while the transitory nature is no excuse for the deplorable behaviour towards Torri it was their decision. They have the power. We don’t.

I once thought that the writers of shows had a responsibility to the fans, and in some regards TPTB have done that. John, Rodney, Teyla, Ronan, Carson they’re all doing what is in their nature to do as characters. It was also in Elizabeth’s nature to take a hit for her team. It was something that she had seen time and again and you know what, in that regards the writers have stayed true to Elizabeth. I believe that even more strongly with their pseudo wrapping up of ‘Ghost in the Machine’ not that I’ve seen it yet but it has been said that they’re going to be doing SOMETHING with the storyline.

And Torri along with Paul and all the other actors who have been axed from shows know that rejection is a part of show business.

Also, it’s not as though there’s been NO character development in SGA. There has been some but it’s just been so hidden that even I have a hard time finding it sometimes. Teyla has grown considerably over the last two years, so has John and Rodney and Ronan even. Jennifer has grown by leaps and bounds and they’ve all done so through a highly story driven structure.

I’ve got to wonder, what makes sparky fans interested in the show? What was it in the past? What is it now for those of us who still watch that keeps us watching?

And to ‘Anuna’ I didn’t know that you had lost a parent in a war. I am truly sorry for your loss and I can understand why you of all people don’t want to see death on television. But with death comes life…Atlantis has a baby on it now and who knows what might happen with that arc. And you know what; I don’t know what things you’ve experienced in life. Others on the board might know but you were never so open with me. And I’ve been through my fair share of trauma’s as well in my past and I’ve come to the conclusion that the most healthy way to respond is to process it and then accept it.

You never forget and you sometimes never forgive but you can’t hold a grudge forever. I know very little about psychology but I do know that.

And to ERISED I really don’t think that Elizabeth is back to boost ratings. I think the character is being brought back to continue or wrap up the storyline that was started in ‘Be All My Sins Remembered’ TPTB put that scene in for a reason. They wanted it to lead into something; it’s just too much of a tantalizing story to drop. That’s what I believe at least.

And in terms of season six; I don’t know the future but I do believe that Atlantis will continue. It’s going in new and exciting directions (Daniel in Atlantis finally *squee*) and I’m sure that they have many stories left to tell. The only wild card is whether or not SCIFI will want to keep it on. They are losing BSG so they just might. And if they do bring Atlantis back for a sixth season then I will be happy, not sad.

I was told once that we as fans shouldn’t wish unemployment on the actors or the producers or the camera men or anyone connected with the show. Sure they may get new ones easily, but being unemployed is a horrid thing and for that sake alone I hope that Atlantis continues for as long as SCIFI decides that it’s worth keeping around.

As is this conversation/debate for that matter. A little verbal conflict over the net between friends never did anyone any harm.
                      sigpic
                      Being a shipper, is the only way to be.
                      |My Fanfics|My Fanart|My Orig. Stories|

Comment

Nice post above mine...i can defnitely see your point and I agree with you, but sometimes it's fun to gte angry and upset, and when we are all so drawn into the world that for the moment the characters become real, it's hard not to act like we do. But we all know that, we all accept that and it's fun once in a while.

As much as would love for Elizabeth to be back, I do think it's just to wrap up her stoyr, which really is about time. Now that was wrong, the way they left the story hanging, he really went against his words on that one but what can you do?

I would say on to happier things, but the fic I've just written is very sad, sorry but it wouldn't leave me alone until I wrote it. So here it is.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4461354/1/Beloved

ngm

! All Aboard The Shipper Train!
                        I Heart ! Proud Member of Thunk For Club!
                        Don't wait for your ship to come in. Swim out to it.

Comment

To 'Anijirika' - Look, I don't really care about the particular baby on Atlantis right now. It's notelizabeth's. There is no Elizabeth. I don't have interest watching this show without her. Not for Daniel on Atlantis or hidden character development or anything. The show could have been MUCH better and number of people have said why and how. And not like I've never talked to you about myself - you seem to have forgotten what I told you when you asked me why I write. It wasn't that long ago and if I'm not mistaken it was on this very thread. When it comes to real life I am very realistic. When it comes to fiction forgive me for wanting my dreams come true.

Off to post a fic now.

Note - there will be sparky awards some time later this year. Will inform you on the details. Stay tuned.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

» Anjirika - my reasons for watching the show in simple terms is that it no longer brings what I found enjoyable. It's not just mourning the loss of two main characters, though thats an issue too - the 'good vibe' from the first three seasons is gone - if that had continued in season four, I may have stayed. But it isn't. And the more it goes on, the worse it gets.

» It's a tv show, keep that in context, but I don't think I'll ever 'move on' to 'new Atlantis'. I'm not in denial; I'm just not letting go, because I still get enjoyment and entertainment from S1-S3. I like to imagine the possibilities for a theoretical S4+. What's past isn't really worth getting that upset over, I've realised. tptb screwed up, and it's their undoing. And, they don't listen, and at the moment I don't see any change happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                              » Anjirika - my reasons for watching the show in simple terms is that it no longer brings what I found enjoyable. It's not just mourning the loss of two main characters, though thats an issue too - the 'good vibe' from the first three seasons is gone - if that had continued in season four, I may have stayed. But it isn't. And the more it goes on, the worse it gets.

» It's a tv show, keep that in context, but I don't think I'll ever 'move on' to 'new Atlantis'. I'm not in denial; I'm just not letting go, because I still get enjoyment and entertainment from S1-S3. I like to imagine the possibilities for a theoretical S4+. What's past isn't really worth getting that upset over, I've realised. tptb screwed up, and it's their undoing. And, they don't listen, and at the moment I don't see any change happening.
                              Yes, and now can we please go back to having fun? Call it denial or enjoying the good ol times or what could have been, I want to have fun with sparky and not discuss the "awesome" season five. There is Pro Season Five thread for that.
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                                » How about the plot bunny in shoulder dislocation experimentation?
                                Maybe if I applied it to John's fetish for being stabbed in the gut

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                What she said. Mess with Teh Hair at your own peril.
                                You're almost daring me to, when I had no intention in the beginning

It's just that your fic was the inspiration for mine. Now there's all this build up and I'll have to finish it. Teh pressure!!

Happy birthday to hubby

Originally posted by Anjirika View Post
                                TO THE SPARKY THREAD;

Spoiler:
                                Logic to emotion….logic goes with emotion in my case especially where Sparky is concerned. For seasons one, two and three the whole Elizabeth/John dynamic was the whole reason WHY I watched the show. When the news broke that Torri was leaving the show I was heartbroken. I cried, I raged against TPTB, I was in denial about the whole situation but you now what….I moved past it. Torri hasn’t been a part of the show for an entire season now. That’s a whole year and a bit. Don’t you believe that it’s time we as a ship move on and look for Sparky moments where there are none apparent?

I’m not trying to get people to do something that they don’t want to do. I’m just saying that as one of those die hard fans who was horrified that Torri left, I was able to move on. Me. The hopeless romantic the one who was worried way back in December 06 that the lack of Elizabeth storylines meant nothing but I was told by many people on this thread that it wasn’t a big deal; I’ve moved on and I would hope that other sparky fans would follow, especially considering it IS a television show and the characters aren’t really real.

^_^ I’m glad that I’ve reinvigorated the thread SR; there’s only so much non-discussion/posting pictures/rambling on that I can handle. And you’re totally right, discussions even when we disagree is good and I know that I harbour no feelings to anyone.

And while I can’t blame anyone from having a good time, I miss the days when the thread analysed the new episodes and the fresh blood. Looking for sparky moments everywhere—I saw the teaser for ‘Ghost in the Machine’ which is tying up loose story threads that pertain directly to sparky. I wanted to get some pre-discussion on what it will mean for the ship and how our beloved characters will react even if it’s not the same actors who are interacting.

As for other shows being written better than SGA…I’ll respectfully agree to disagree. I think that with the exception of the majority of season four that Atlantis is an amazingly well written show. And you know what; no show is perfect when they kill characters. Kes was hardly mentioned on VOYAGER once Jennifer Lien left the show, at least not until the character was revisited. And you know in other shows, even if characters aren’t mentioned by name it is easy to read between the lines and see how the deaths of those characters have affected those who survive.

Case in point—John going after Teyla. He didn’t want to lose another person that he cared about. And yes, John/Rodney/Teyla and Ronan SHOULD have been dead many episodes ago and yet their characters have been developed so that they could be resilient to such things. My main beef with Elizabeth’s injury at the end of season three is that Elizabeth should have known NOT to go to the window. But she did because of the writers.

There have been 52 deaths so far? And how long took place between those deaths? Months passed between Sunday and First Strike. Months more between Lifeline and Midway was it? People heal over time. Just because WE don’t see the healing and the mentioning doesn’t mean that it didn’t happen.

And yes, ‘LFP’ is a great clip show that pays respect to those who fell in the first season but since then there hasn’t been a need for such an episode to exist. That doesn’t mean that the characters don’t mourn them or miss them. It just means that we don’t see it. That’s all.

Elizabeth hasn’t been brought back. She was given four episodes in season four as opposed to being fired and she turned down the chance to tie up some loose ends in ‘Ghost in the Machine’ and who knows what will happen after that.

And to those who remember Woolsey way back in season 7 of SG1 he has changed a lot. And I choose to believe that he has changed a lot based on his previous experiences in Atlantis, including his interactions with Elizabeth.

Carl Binder himself in his interview said that it’s more of an action/adventure story and the characters take the backseat. The real fun is looking for character moments in and amongst the stories.

And in terms of the one character, it shouldn’t be based on one character. It’s an ensemble show and therefore while we all have our favourites it’s how the team dynamic works and teams change.

You know in terms of not watching because you know it’s going to be bad and you’re going to hate it anyways…that’s just a silly notion. If sparky taught me anything it taught me that one should look for things in unexpected places. As Sparky and Atlantis fans (or former for some of us) we should be watching the show just to see. I know that I wasn’t looking forward to season four but ‘The Last Man’ surprised the heck out of me and the first four episodes in season five have surprised me as well. I gave it a chance and continue to give it a chance thinking the worst but experiencing something so much more.

No contradiction with the ‘no one dies in sci-fi’ so long as I’m concerned. People can die and be brought back. Daniel, who is a much loved character has been killed or thought to be killed around two dozen times or so I think.

And I don’t believe that we should shut up and go away or stop watching or give it a rest and go play somewhere. All I’m saying is that NONE OF US really understand the true inner workings of what went down. We’re not in show business; we don’t know the reasoning behind what happens. Therefore our complaining should only go so far. And while the transitory nature is no excuse for the deplorable behaviour towards Torri it was their decision. They have the power. We don’t.

I once thought that the writers of shows had a responsibility to the fans, and in some regards TPTB have done that. John, Rodney, Teyla, Ronan, Carson they’re all doing what is in their nature to do as characters. It was also in Elizabeth’s nature to take a hit for her team. It was something that she had seen time and again and you know what, in that regards the writers have stayed true to Elizabeth. I believe that even more strongly with their pseudo wrapping up of ‘Ghost in the Machine’ not that I’ve seen it yet but it has been said that they’re going to be doing SOMETHING with the storyline.

And Torri along with Paul and all the other actors who have been axed from shows know that rejection is a part of show business.

Also, it’s not as though there’s been NO character development in SGA. There has been some but it’s just been so hidden that even I have a hard time finding it sometimes. Teyla has grown considerably over the last two years, so has John and Rodney and Ronan even. Jennifer has grown by leaps and bounds and they’ve all done so through a highly story driven structure.

I’ve got to wonder, what makes sparky fans interested in the show? What was it in the past? What is it now for those of us who still watch that keeps us watching?

And to ‘Anuna’ I didn’t know that you had lost a parent in a war. I am truly sorry for your loss and I can understand why you of all people don’t want to see death on television. But with death comes life…Atlantis has a baby on it now and who knows what might happen with that arc. And you know what; I don’t know what things you’ve experienced in life. Others on the board might know but you were never so open with me. And I’ve been through my fair share of trauma’s as well in my past and I’ve come to the conclusion that the most healthy way to respond is to process it and then accept it.

You never forget and you sometimes never forgive but you can’t hold a grudge forever. I know very little about psychology but I do know that.

And to ERISED I really don’t think that Elizabeth is back to boost ratings. I think the character is being brought back to continue or wrap up the storyline that was started in ‘Be All My Sins Remembered’ TPTB put that scene in for a reason. They wanted it to lead into something; it’s just too much of a tantalizing story to drop. That’s what I believe at least.

And in terms of season six; I don’t know the future but I do believe that Atlantis will continue. It’s going in new and exciting directions (Daniel in Atlantis finally *squee*) and I’m sure that they have many stories left to tell. The only wild card is whether or not SCIFI will want to keep it on. They are losing BSG so they just might. And if they do bring Atlantis back for a sixth season then I will be happy, not sad.

I was told once that we as fans shouldn’t wish unemployment on the actors or the producers or the camera men or anyone connected with the show. Sure they may get new ones easily, but being unemployed is a horrid thing and for that sake alone I hope that Atlantis continues for as long as SCIFI decides that it’s worth keeping around.

As is this conversation/debate for that matter. A little verbal conflict over the net between friends never did anyone any harm.
                                I get what you're saying, and for the most part I agree with it. But your opinion of the situation and mine aren't mutually exclusive. We agree on some points, and not others, just like others only agree with some (or none) of what I say. Just because I prefer classic Atlantis to the new and improved version doesn't mean that I can't watch the show now & enjoy it. Well, some of it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X