Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

And btw, I just learned recently that there was much discussion when Lifeline aired about whether he said "I" or "We" in that last line. Amazing. I guess some people hear what they want to hear.
    umm yes the following is from the transcript page at GW.

OUTSIDE BALCONY. Sam comes out to join John who has been gazing out over the ocean.

CARTER: There y’are.

SHEPPARD (gesturing at the view): Two moons!

CARTER: Actually, there are five. It’s just these are the only two visible to the naked eye.

SHEPPARD: Really?

CARTER: Yeah.

SHEPPARD: Huh! Heard you and Rodney got us re-connected to the Intergalactic Bridge.

CARTER: Yeah. General Landry was understandably relieved to hear from us.

SHEPPARD: You know, in all the excitement, I never had a chance to congratulate you.

(Sam frowns at him, not understanding.)

SHEPPARD: Your promotion. You’re a full bird Colonel now.

(He casually sketches her a salute.)

CARTER: Ah. Thank you.

SHEPPARD: So, you stickin’ around?

CARTER: No. General Landry wants Doctor Lee and I to gate back, give him a full briefing on the situation here.
    The Apollo’s gonna remain in orbit for the time being in case you need any assistance.

(John nods.)

SHEPPARD: Thanks for saving our asses back there from the bad guys.
    It was a risky move.

CARTER: It was nothing compared to the risk that you and your team took.

Frankly, I’m amazed that you were able to pull it off.

(John grimaces.)

SHEPPARD: We had a lot of help.

CARTER (softly): Yeah. General Landry sends his condolences. He was deeply saddened to hear about Doctor Weir.
    We all were.

SHEPPARD: We haven’t given up hope. If there’s a chance she’s still alive, I’ll find her.

CARTER: I know.
    sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      32) The Eye (again!): Kolya slips up and John finds out that Elizabeth is still alive!
      I prefer to think of that moment as "Kolya realizes he has absolutely NO CHANCE against Commando-John-running-on-a-rampage-because-he-thinks-Elizabeth-who-he-cares-about-more-than-he-knows-is-dead, so he's forced to let John know she's alive simply to stop him."

Spoiler:
      1) The Eye: John thinks Elizabeth has been murdered by Kolya.
      2) Elizabeth and John say goodbye to each other at the end of Siege 2.
      3) John carries Elizabeth to the infirmary in Echoes.
      4) Elizabeth watches as John is being fed on by a Wraith in Common Ground.
      5) John watches Elizabeth through the quarantine curtain in The Real World.
      6) Elizabeth listens to John's voice saying almost - goodbye in 38 minutes.
      7) John thinks he's lost Elizabeth & Atlantis while on the bridge of the Deadalus - Siege 3.
      8) Elizabeth records a message about John's team disappearance in The Lost Boys.
      9) John sees Niam choking Elizabeth in Progeny and pushes him out into space even though the combined strength of Teyla/Ronon/Rodney couldn't get him off her.
      10) "It's best for both of us" in Conversion
      11) Elizabeth walking next to hood - covered John in Conversion
      12) John shoots Kolya while Kolya's got a gun to Elizabeth's head in The Eye.
      13) Elizabeth believes John's been sacrificed, end of Siege II.
      14) John reacts to seeing Elizabeth on the screen in TMC.
      15) John smashing Elizabeth office window - Conversion
      16) John is snippy with "Phebus" about Elizabeth's safety in The Long Goodbye.
      17) Elizabeth watching Carson and his team trying to revive John in the back of the jumper - 38 Minutes
      18) John jumps in to protect everyone from the beast (Epiphany)
      19) John breaks Quarantine to touch Elizabeth, The Real World
      20) John tries to stop Teyla (The Gift)
      21) John defies Elizabeth's order in The Hot Zone.
      22) Getting chased by replicators (This Mortal Coil)
      23) Elizabeth caught in the replicator beam (First Strike)
      24) John tells Elizabeth Atlantis wouldn't be the same without her, Home
      25) John's face when he finds out Elizabeth "will never be the same" Adrift
      26) John and Elizabeth find out there is a Goa’uld on the base (Critical Mass)
      27) Elizabeth comforts John after Ford leaves, Siege III
      28) Elizabeth finds out from Caldwell that John and his team are trapped in the ship hangar under the lava in Inferno.
      29) Elizabeth chews out Caldwell for stepping into John's shoes too early, Conversion.
      30) John checks everyone goes through the gate and stays behind to make sure the self destruct works (Progeny)
      31) Elizabeth's voice breaks as she stares at John, 'glad to be back scene' Misbegotten
      32) The Eye (again!): Kolya slips up and John finds out that Elizabeth is still alive!
      33. The convo at the end of "Coup d'etat"
      34. Elizabeth tells John "good luck" after their disagreement in First Strike.
      35) Elizabeth orders John to leave her behind in Lifeline.
      36. John waves goodbye to Elizabeth as he goes to rescue Summer and company (The Rising)
      37) Bad bedside manner, Conversion.
      38) John on the balcony alone at the end of Lifeline.
      39) Morphing scene from (lifeline) you know, the Shep/Weir one.
      40) John tells Carter "If there's a chance she's still alive, I'll find her."

41) John understands Elizabeth's feelings/lets her reflect, Before I Sleep

And btw, I just learned recently that there was much discussion when Lifeline aired about whether he said "I" or "We" in that last line. Amazing. I guess some people hear what they want to hear.
      Yeah, I remember when the episode actually aired that people discussed that. It went from 'okay, all transcripts, closed captioning etc said "I"--and why would he say 'we' when talking to Sam? She's not part of the Atlantis 'we' yet! People would still argue it. *headdesk*

EDIT: Anyone else getting annoyed by those falling frog/leaf card things from the Imagine the Impossible ad?
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

"Men hear what they want to hear and disregard the rest" ~ Simon and Garfunkel.

I must make a lunch and take some rest and then my brain might come back online so I'll play the 100 moments game.
        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
          I prefer to think of that moment as "Kolya realizes he has absolutely NO CHANCE against Commando-John-running-on-a-rampage-because-he-thinks-Elizabeth-who-he-cares-about-more-than-he-knows-is-dead, so he's forced to let John know she's alive simply to stop him."
          Kolya definitely played the Elizabeth card on him to stop comando John. He knew if anything would stop John, that would be it. Remember he heard John's cry of anguish when Kolya informed him that Elizabeth was dead.

Yeah, I remember when the episode actually aired that people discussed that. It went from 'okay, all transcripts, closed captioning etc said "I"--and why would he say 'we' when talking to Sam? She's not part of the Atlantis 'we' yet! People would still argue it. *headdesk*

EDIT: Anyone else getting annoyed by those falling frog/leaf card things from the Imagine the Impossible ad?
          I am absolutely annoyed by those falling leaf cards. I have even stopped visiting GW much because of it.
          sig made by me

Comment

What falling leafs?!

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
              Kolya definitely played the Elizabeth card on him to stop comando John. He knew if anything would stop John, that would be it. Remember he heard John's cry of anguish when Kolya informed him that Elizabeth was dead.

I am absolutely annoyed by those falling leaf cards. I have even stopped visiting GW much because of it.
              AH. SO GOOD. That whole scene/sequence is great. I love how Kolya looks straight at Elizabeth before telling John, like he's thinking "the reason I'm in this mess is because I told him she was dead. The only way I'm going to stop this is by telling him she's really alive." And then when John demands to talk to Elizabeth, Rodney watches the whole thing like "I knew there was something between those two". *siiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhhhh*

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              What falling leafs?!
              The rotating ad above our heads *points up* goes through a few cycles, like SG ringtones, etc...but there's one ad that unfolds down with four cards, one has a frog on it, one has a leaf on it...and it falls down straight onto the forum windows. It's VERY annoying.

Spoiler:
              7) John thinks he's lost Elizabeth & Atlantis while on the bridge of the Deadalus - Siege 3.
              8) Elizabeth records a message about John's team disappearance in The Lost Boys.
              9) John sees Niam choking Elizabeth in Progeny and pushes him out into space even though the combined strength of Teyla/Ronon/Rodney couldn't get him off her.
              17) Elizabeth watching Carson and his team trying to revive John in the back of the jumper - 38 Minutes
              28) Elizabeth finds out from Caldwell that John and his team are trapped in the ship hangar under the lava in Inferno.
              29) Elizabeth chews out Caldwell for stepping into John's shoes too early, Conversion.
              30) John checks everyone goes through the gate and stays behind to make sure the self destruct works (Progeny)
              31) Elizabeth's voice breaks as she stares at John, 'glad to be back scene' Misbegotten
              36. John waves goodbye to Elizabeth as he goes to rescue Summer and company (The Rising)

and so speaking of that 'slip up scene'--

42) Rodney listens as John and Elizabeth talk over the walkie talkie, The Eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Yes, they are driving me nuts. They won't go away and then you have to click 3 times. Aaaarrrggghhh!

Okay, must stay calm.

Spoiler:

43) Old Elizabeth gets upset when telling about John dying in BIS.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yes, they are driving me nuts. They won't go away and then you have to click 3 times. Aaaarrrggghhh!
                  Okay, must stay calm.
                  *nods in commiseration*

Spoiler:

44) Even if it's the last thing we do? talk in Letters from Pegasus

Comment

Come on ladies and gents! We're less than 130 posts away from 60,000! (and we've got 40 great moments! we want 100!) Everyone, even if you don't normally post, even if you're a lurker, try and contribute! *waves Sparky flag*

Comment

Spoiler:
                      ___

45) John tries to convince Elizabeth's clone to come with them to Atlantis in TMC.
                      sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                        45) John tries to convince Elizabeth's clone to come with them to Atlantis in TMC.

46) The very first balcony disagreement in The Rising

Hmmmm I don't see any leaves....

Comment

Spoiler:

Hmmmm I don't see any leaves....

Comment

Spoiler:

47) Elizabeth reassures John everything's fine during his F-302 flight, Intruder

Comment

Spoiler:
                              47) Elizabeth reassures John everything's fine during his F-302 flight, Intruder

48) Elizabeth offers John the job of the military commander, The Rising

Comment

Spoiler:
                                48) Elizabeth offers John the job of the military commander, The Rising

49) Rodney asks John to talk to Elizabeth because "she listens to you" in Trinity
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X