Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
    god, guys ... force me please to do something... a wallpaper or so ... i want to but i'm out of ideas, AGAIN
    Make something out of this picture:

Do you guys know what anniversary is today? (It's something John would know, I'm certain).
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
      Oh I second rec both of these, but especially "These are the Voyages" - because Havocthecat knows the Trekverse so well, and how can you resist a fic which, among other absolutely brilliant things, mentions Admiral O'Neill who used to command a ship called USS Mikta ?
      You betcha!

Wooot! Protective!John pic spam!!! But does she look like a damsel in distress? I wouldn't say so, yet John needs to be there for her! Love love love!
      I'm a sucker for Protective!John, even moreso because Elizabeth's not a damsel in distress. But it's the whole chivalry thing, you know? Love it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

alright Falcon
        here is a prince charming wallie for you

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
          Hmmm... I think I'll post the whole of my story once it's finished. Thanks to those of you who said lovely things about it! *blushes*
          You're welcome! On the new part you've posted... *cries* Poor Elizabeth and Erin!
          Spoiler:
          And cocoons? That sounds more like something we'd see out of the Wraith (with their whole bug thing). Is this something that the Asurans took from the Wraith and adapted for their own use? Definitely shows how they can adapt to new situations... That's scary!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Young Master Nicholas Sheppard is having his breakfast, but I believe he may come out to play later in the day.

Meanwhile, Sparky wallpaper D is ready.

Spoiler:
            alright Falcon
            here is a prince charming wallie for you

Spoiler:
            Those are both gorgeous! Awesome job, you two!

Comment

thanks sweety

Anuna, i couldnt think of more than that to your pic ... i'm sorry

Comment

Heya Sparkies!

Y'all, I love your answers to the questions! And all the lovely Sparky artwork and pictures! Please, keep up the good work!

I'm going to take a shot at my own questions--y'all want any additional games/challenges for Critical Mass before we end discussion?

1) Do you believe the ability to place a bomb on Atlantis--especially the way it was done in this episode--was plausible?

Yes and no. I think the way it was presented, with the Go'uld, was completely plausible, but I do wonder how come no one noticed Colonel Caldwell's sudden interest in hacking away at the Atlantis computer system...

2) How did you feel about the enemy being a Go'uld?

I liked it! I enjoyed seeing the Go'uld make an appearance on Atlantis, particularly because they'd sorta been written out of SG-1.

3) Why do you think the writers turned this episode into old home week (aka, brought back so many previous characters)?

Not really sure--but perhaps because they felt they were shortchanging the audience with special effects, they'd do a retread of older characters. Little did they know it made the episode doubly good.

4) Kavanaugh was particularly antagonistic in this episode. Do you think Elizabeth was right to suspect him most?

Yes. I have to ask why on Earth (or Atlantis) he thought it would be a good idea to antagonize someone when there was a bomb on the city he was currently standing in, but, well, I guess that's just Kavanaugh. But the evidence that he was the perpetrator was all there.

5) Do you agree with Kavanaugh's assessment of Elizabeth leading more by emotion than rational impartiality? If you do, why, and if you don't, where and how is he mistaken?

I think Kavanaugh's right to a degree--but that's why I like Elizabeth. She isn't all emotion, as we've seen in the episodes such as Intruder, Common Ground, or here, where she holds her own with some very big boys. In the smaller instances though--such as the arguments with Halling and Kavanaugh in 38 Minutes--that her gut tells her to trust to hope, faith in her crew, and her own heart before making a final decision. It's her blend of reason, intuition and emotion that made her a complex character, and my favorite on the show.

6) Many PTB get really antsy about actually showing torture in a show that's not built for it. Do you think TPTB copped out here by having Kavanaugh faint? Or was it appropriate for the SGA audience?

I've basically already answered this, but yes, I wanted the torture to a degree. I don't like cop outs. Atlantis is a fluffier show than many sci-fi shows, but I dislike that they never 'follow through' with rawer material. I would have liked more conflict between crew members, for example. I was actually a little proud of the *SEASON FOUR DISCUSSION ALERT*

Spoiler:
                Episode where John fed Todd with a morally corrupt human. I felt like it toed the ground SG has never wanted to go.

But we've seen brutality before--not limited to John's mercenary-like murder of over 60 Genii in The Storm/The Eye. If they wanted to make Atlantis more exciting for the boys--and slightly sadistic girls like me--they should have been a bit more brutal.

7) Did the twist at the end--the true perpetrator--catch you off guard?

Yep! I didn't expect Caldwell to be the Go'uld. But like I said before, at first I thought he was voluntarily aware of it, so I thought all the stuff he'd done before was because of the Go'uld in him. I don't think we ever got explained how long he'd been possessed.

8) Other than the obvious romantic implications Sparkies would like to see, would you have added any other 'bonding' elements to John and Elizabeth's relationship in this episode? Or was it done exactly as it should have been?

I agree with most, I think it was done just about right.

9) How was Teyla's storyline handled? If you approved, what did you like? If you didn't, what could have been changed to make it better?

I loved Teyla's storyline--the only thing missing was the interaction with her other team members about Charan's death. That's a criticism from me of the writing--SGA has always compartmentalized scripts, and doesn't allow stories like this to ebb and flow from one sequence to another. There was no reason not to have Ronon check in on her, or her to check in on them. I wouldn't have excluded Teyla's Song for all the poor writing in the world, though.

10) Do you prefer these episodes--Atlantis contained--over the Pegasus-exploration episodes? Do you like more or less?

Considering my top five are all Atlantis contained, expedition centered stories, I'd have to say, yeah, I prefer these episodes. I even liked Quarantine before I gave up on Season 4.

11) How does this rank for you as a Carl Binder episode? Were the relationships on or off? Is he really the writer for Sparkies? Or was there just so much going on that not everything (like a Ronan/Teyla connection) could be addressed?

Pretty good for Carl Binder...I love his understated love of John and Elizabeth, both as characters and as a pair. He sees their bond, or the usefulness of such a bond, so clearly. There are other episodes I prefer more, but this one was pretty good. I don't think there was enough time to address other bonds or more emotion, given how much was in the episode. But considering he (And Brad Wright as co-writer, no?) moved you with the Charan scenes and Teyla's song, they did get plenty of emotion in.

12) Did you understand the episode when you were finished with it? How long did it take you to understand all that was going on?

Kudos to all of you who got it first time around. I don't know if it was because I was only focused on certain things, but I missed the fact that the Wraith sailed on by, and that Caldwell was only a Go'uld host for this episode, the first time around. I thought it was a very busy episode.
                Last edited by Eri13; 06 June 2008, 08:26 AM. Reason: Added a bit more...
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

shep/kate/liz wallpaper for Falcon_Horus

Spoiler:
                  1280x800

1024x768

Last edited by Torri012; 06 June 2008, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Hey y'all. I've got a quick question for you.

Which episode is the Elizabeth/John hug in?

Thanks!
                    sigpic
                    Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

Thanks!
                      Good place to come and ask!

It is in The Siege, Part III. That's Season 2, episode 1.
                      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post

Thanks!
                        Siege 3.

Heh, how do you happen to ask about my favorite moment?

Comment

thanks sweety

Anuna, i couldnt think of more than that to your pic ... i'm sorry

Oh -POUTS - all I get is an icon today?? *pouts some more*

Comment

Siege 3.

Heh, how do you happen to ask about my favorite moment?
                            I figure one of y'all would know! Thanks!
                            sigpic
                            Humor is the great thing, the saving thing after all. The minute it crops up, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations, and resentments flit away, and a sunny spirit takes their place. --Mark Twain

Comment

Hehe of course we know I just love your Sam Gamgee sig, Yappi.

Now, people doesn't anyone know what happened on today's date (6th June), 64 years ago? It's a pretty important thing.

Comment

shep/kate/liz wallpaper for Falcon_Horus

Spoiler:
                                1280x800

1024x768

Gorgeous. That boy don't stand a chance. Hee. You know FH, *looks around in fear* I think Kate/John would have really been hot. I can see the macho/hero guy meets the gentle/nurturing shrink as a good thing. *runs*
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X