Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post

emerald_day
    , would you take prompts or wishes for art?
    Sure thing I´m honored I´m really sorry for the late replay. I din´t understand first but then my aunt explained it to me. I may not always have time or I could be having trouble with putting the picture together but I´m going to do my best.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      *sneaks in* *waves* Hi Anuna....Well um i just like to have a little looksie on different threads,i don't alwaycs post on threads but i like taking a little look sometimes *sneaks out*

No problem.....I think it's ok if their standing next to each other and things like that....I'm not sure but i think they let you post that but if it's a kiss or anything like that they don't let you post the pic but you can post a link...I remember i think it was GNB that posted a manip of JT kissing and they said to her it's not allowed out of respect for the actors and their partners...Don't quote me on that,my memory isn't the greatest....That's the only reason i know
      Linda, you are correct. I think it's just the whole "once some manip is posted then circulated, it's hard to tell the real from the made up ones".
      sig made by me

Comment

From the Epiphany transcript page on GW:
        Spoiler:

(The Beast half-materialises right in front of Ronon. He fires his blaster at it but it has no effect and the Beast knocks him flying. Teyla backs away, firing a hail of bullets into the Beast as it roars. Rodney and Carson fire their pistols at it. Teyla looks round at Ronon, who gets to his feet and draws his sword from the scabbard on his back. The Beast roars at him as he approaches and the others stop firing. Ronon slashes at the Beast several times but each time it phases out of existence and the sword has no effect, then it phases back in and sends him flying across the field again. Teyla pulls out a knife and runs at it, crying out ferociously, but it strikes out and knocks her across the field. It roars and turns towards the other three. Rodney and Carson step in front of Elizabeth, aiming their pistols at it. Just then, John comes racing out of the woods and hurls himself onto the Beast's back. The Beast phases out and John crashes to the ground. Elizabeth runs to him as Carson runs to check out Ronon and Rodney checks Teyla. Carson picks up Ronon's sword and stabs it point down into the ground [for no good reason that I can think of other than that it says so in the script and it'll look good in a minute's time], then helps Ronon to his feet.)

Okay, so I'm looking for this, but I LOVE the fact that just as the beast is turning upon Elizabeth (okay Rodney and Carson are there too) - that's the moment John shows up on the scene. GRRRRRRRRRRRR.........go get 'em John!

And, let's see if I can tackle one of Eri's questions.....

What prompted John's lashing out at Elizabeth?

I think he was fueled by his personal mantra of never leaving anyone behind. And, since my Sparky heart believes their relationship is more than just professional, perhaps he felt personally betrayed that Elizabeth hadn't sent out a team to rescue him yet, that for all intents and purposes, it looked like she had given up on him. Poor John. He should know that Elizabeth would never give up on him.
        sigpic
        Signature by Erin87

Comment

sooo here we go, Anuna!

first Man of Action, Woman of Words Wallpaper for you

spoiler for size
          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by LiliJ View Post
            *jumps up and down with joy*

Have finally finished my first sig! Compared to the amazing ones on this thread it's nothing special but meh, it's my first and I don't have Gimp!

[ATTACH]5841[/ATTACH]

(Click to see larger image - gw resizes my pics cos I'm a newbie!)
            Good job. It is special and don't you forget it. You have a great eye.

Now I think I need to rewatch Epiphany.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
              » Awww, I can't see it
              Here is the link. Enjoy Reiko. Hope you like it.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...parky_kiss.jpg

Comment

I join

Torri that's stunning!
                Last edited by Luciana; 02 June 2008, 09:55 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                  I join

Torri that's stunning!
                  well, next to your wps mine look really crapy *cryz*

Comment

Are you kidding me Torri?

I like yours better than mine!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luciana View Post
                      Are you kidding me Torri?

I like yours better than mine!
                      other way round here

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        Welcome!!!

As for the bolded bit -- ITA!!! I remember in the beginning not shipping/looking to ship. Then 38 minutes came about, and I looked at my hubby and said "what was that???". He had about the same reaction. I think that was that, from that moment on. It was subtle, yet electric. Any time they were around one another my TV screen positively sparkled. I could feel their connection even when one was off screen, and we were left with the static communication over the com.

Sparky rulez!!! That much connection can't be denied or labeled as anything else.
                        Yay, so I'm not the only one! Awesome. One of my friends admits that she used to think that Shweir was canon too - and she's a Mcshep slasher! lol.

And in reply to the Epiphany questions... here I go, let's see how I do.

1) What do you think John's initial feelings were in the cave, when he finally realized no one was coming for him?
                        Devastation, fear, loss, anger. Confusion. Poor guy. *huggles Shep*

2) Why did Elizabeth feel it was so important to physically accompany them to the Sanctuary world? (okay, on a Sparky note we know why, but give me some meat, too).
                        I think because she realized that after being separated from them for so long, he would need to see as many of his friends as possible, in order to accept that he really was being rescued (finally!) I think she probably guessed that he'd lost some faith in them, and was angry... her coming along with the others was to show him that none of them had forgotten, that they all cared for him.

3) Who do you think was most worried for John?
                        Rodney and Elizabeth. Rodney because he understood the situation first (did you see him freaking out? It was super cute!) and Elizabeth because she cares about all of her people, but especially cares for John. Plus, Elizabeth is probably the one who most understands John's “dark side” - remember in the Storm and the Eye? John thought she was dead and went psycho on all the Genii soldiers. Even when he knew she wasn't dead he was still killing them mercilessly, he was so angry. She might have worried that his feeling of abandonment had triggered the “dark” part of him... or at least make him very resentful and bitter.

4) How long do you think it took for John to finally 'assimilate' into the Sanctuary society?
                        I don't think he ever did "assimilate", or accept his situation. I think he always knew or hoped deep down that his team would rescue him.

5) Imagine John's feelings towards his team members who hadn't yet come for him. Who does he blame most? Who does he want to see most? What do you think he imagines Elizabeth is doing with regards to his situation? Rodney? Teyla and Ronon?
                        I don't think he would single one out to blame... he'd be resentful towards them all, but I doubt he'd pick one to scapegoat. Actually, wait, I take that back. I think he'd probably have the most resentment towards Elizabeth – she's the leader, the most responsible, and he feels like she's given up on him, left him behind.

6) Why does Elizabeth decide 'she's going', even when Rodney insists it's safer she stay?
                        Obviously, because she wants to see John and make sure he's okay. I think she'd do it for any of her people, but since it's John, of course she's going.

7) What do you think John felt when he saw not just SGA-1, but Elizabeth and Carson?
                        Well, at the moment I think he was probably still angry, but later when Rodney explained the whole time-dilation field thing... he was probably more reassured that they had worried and did care.

8) What prompted John's lashing out at Elizabeth? Was her response to him correct?

Um... when exactly did he lash out? It's been a while since I last watched the episode...

9) Do you think the ascension of Teer and her people was believable?
                        Sure, why not? They'd been working towards it all their lives... and this is sci-fi, after all.

10) Joe F. helped develop Epiphany as a backstory of sorts for Sheppard. Do you think it accomplished the purpose of giving you more insight into John? Did you learn more about he and his character? Or did it feel run of the mill 'team member in trouble' for you?

Hmm. I don't know. I think it did serve to reinforce his character – the whole “fighting the monster” thing was so John, and so was the “I can't ascend, I'm not ready” line. Actually, I think a lot more could have been done with the fallout of it – I mean, after six months of thinking that your closest friends had abandoned you, would you really get over it that quickly?! I would have liked to see more insecure!John or angry!John... hmm, makes me want to find some post-Epiphany fics....

Comment

Linda, you are correct. I think it's just the whole "once some manip is posted then circulated, it's hard to tell the real from the made up ones".
                          *sneaks in*
                          ah right....I knew there was a reason why it wasn't allowed but i forgot
                          *runs out*
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome!!!

As for the bolded bit -- ITA!!! I remember in the beginning not shipping/looking to ship. Then 38 minutes came about, and I looked at my hubby and said "what was that???". He had about the same reaction. I think that was that, from that moment on. It was subtle, yet electric. Any time they were around one another my TV screen positively sparkled. I could feel their connection even when one was off screen, and we were left with the static communication over the com.

Sparky rulez!!! That much connection can't be denied or labeled as anything else.
                            I'm totally there--and I know some of the older Sparkies know this, but I actually watched Sunday as my first SGA episode! Talk about a non-Sparky eppy! Then I watched First Strike!

But...I got interested, and I watched a slate of S2 episodes which included Conversion--and it seemed obvious to me that they had a connection. When they aired The Storm/The Eye, I was totally hooked.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Good job. It is special and don't you forget it. You have a great eye.

Now I think I need to rewatch Epiphany.
                            Special reminder--I'm going to be doing a Critical Mass Recap very soon, and this will be a perfect Sparky revival eppy, I think. It's got some great discussion points, from ship stuff to moral issues. Everyone go get a CM refresher, it'll be a three post recap, either tomorrow or Wednesday!

Originally posted by alternate_ego View Post
                            Yay, so I'm not the only one! Awesome. One of my friends admits that she used to think that Shweir was canon too - and she's a Mcshep slasher! lol.

And in reply to the Epiphany questions... here I go, let's see how I do.

1) What do you think John's initial feelings were in the cave, when he finally realized no one was coming for him?
                            Devastation, fear, loss, anger. Confusion. Poor guy. *huggles Shep*

2) Why did Elizabeth feel it was so important to physically accompany them to the Sanctuary world? (okay, on a Sparky note we know why, but give me some meat, too).
                            I think because she realized that after being separated from them for so long, he would need to see as many of his friends as possible, in order to accept that he really was being rescued (finally!) I think she probably guessed that he'd lost some faith in them, and was angry... her coming along with the others was to show him that none of them had forgotten, that they all cared for him.

3) Who do you think was most worried for John?
                            Rodney and Elizabeth. Rodney because he understood the situation first (did you see him freaking out? It was super cute!) and Elizabeth because she cares about all of her people, but especially cares for John. Plus, Elizabeth is probably the one who most understands John's “dark side” - remember in the Storm and the Eye? John thought she was dead and went psycho on all the Genii soldiers. Even when he knew she wasn't dead he was still killing them mercilessly, he was so angry. She might have worried that his feeling of abandonment had triggered the “dark” part of him... or at least make him very resentful and bitter.

4) How long do you think it took for John to finally 'assimilate' into the Sanctuary society?
                            I don't think he ever did "assimilate", or accept his situation. I think he always knew or hoped deep down that his team would rescue him.

5) Imagine John's feelings towards his team members who hadn't yet come for him. Who does he blame most? Who does he want to see most? What do you think he imagines Elizabeth is doing with regards to his situation? Rodney? Teyla and Ronon?
                            I don't think he would single one out to blame... he'd be resentful towards them all, but I doubt he'd pick one to scapegoat. Actually, wait, I take that back. I think he'd probably have the most resentment towards Elizabeth – she's the leader, the most responsible, and he feels like she's given up on him, left him behind.

6) Why does Elizabeth decide 'she's going', even when Rodney insists it's safer she stay?
                            Obviously, because she wants to see John and make sure he's okay. I think she'd do it for any of her people, but since it's John, of course she's going.

7) What do you think John felt when he saw not just SGA-1, but Elizabeth and Carson?
                            Well, at the moment I think he was probably still angry, but later when Rodney explained the whole time-dilation field thing... he was probably more reassured that they had worried and did care.

8) What prompted John's lashing out at Elizabeth? Was her response to him correct?

Um... when exactly did he lash out? It's been a while since I last watched the episode...

9) Do you think the ascension of Teer and her people was believable?
                            Sure, why not? They'd been working towards it all their lives... and this is sci-fi, after all.

10) Joe F. helped develop Epiphany as a backstory of sorts for Sheppard. Do you think it accomplished the purpose of giving you more insight into John? Did you learn more about he and his character? Or did it feel run of the mill 'team member in trouble' for you?

Hmm. I don't know. I think it did serve to reinforce his character – the whole “fighting the monster” thing was so John, and so was the “I can't ascend, I'm not ready” line. Actually, I think a lot more could have been done with the fallout of it – I mean, after six months of thinking that your closest friends had abandoned you, would you really get over it that quickly?! I would have liked to see more insecure!John or angry!John... hmm, makes me want to find some post-Epiphany fics....
                            Great answers!

The "lashing out" I'm referring to is John's staring Elizabeth in the face and asking "where the hell have you been"? It's not that he necessarily takes things out on her, but he does direct the anger towards her a bit.

I asked the question because it's one of the points the loverly Anuna has brought up from time to time, so I'm eager to hear her answer. *pokes her* >8DD
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by alternate_ego View Post
                              Hiya! *waves* Totally new here... I used to be a lurker, but avoided signing up because I didn't want to get involved in the nasty conflicts you sometimes see... but Anuna convinced me to join in on the Sparky Revival, so here I am.

What else can I say? I'm a chronic Sheppard/Weir shipper, I love Ronon/Teyla too, and have a fondness for McWeir, McShep and Keller/Rodney (because Rodney is good with EVERYONE. No, seriously.) I can't stand Sheyla, because it's painful to watch, and I don't like Ronon/Keller either.

Ironically, I started to support shweir because I thought it was going to be canon - I figured that that much chemistry had to be intentional. At first I resented TPTB for "pushing" the pairing (like with Sam/Jack in SG-1), but then I thought... hey, wait, this ship ROCKS! (And then later, of course, I found out that it WASN'T intentional, and I was just seeing sparky on my own. XD) It never crossed my mind that they were actually supporting sheyla... I only found out about that pairing when I started lurking in the fandom. (Teh irony, it slays me. )
                              Welcome!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                              I've gotten a special request for Epiphany questions, so here goes. I'm going to poke at people until at least 3 have responded. Answer as many or as few as you like.
                              Great questions as usual. Need to re-watch the eppy!

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
                              Spoiler:

If I can just loose Rodney, that closet would do nicely.
                              Yes, that's what he is saying. And the look on Elizabeth's face!

Welcome!!!

That's the first urban Sparky legend - that they went back later and shot that last scene after they realized the chemisty between J/E.

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                              *sneaks in* *waves* Hi Anuna....Well um i just like to have a little looksie on different threads,i don't alwaycs post on threads but i like taking a little look sometimes *sneaks out*
                              Hiya Linda! Nice to see you.
                              sigpic
                              sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                                Welcome!

Great questions as usual. Need to re-watch the eppy!
                                Yes, that's what he is saying. And the look on Elizabeth's face!

That's the first urban Sparky legend - that they went back later and shot that last scene after they realized the chemisty between J/E.

Hiya Linda! Nice to see you.
                                Really? Man this makes me want to go watch the commentaries again to see if they mention anything. So many great sparky moments and so little time.
                                sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X