No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey! People! Let's not get sucked into the black hole that is S4 and beyond.

I need your thoughts on dark!John. Try to think of one or more things he could / would be able to do that his friends (Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, Elizabeth) would never forgive him. I have my own ideas about that, but I'd like to hear what other people here think. Yes, it can be sparky related.
    I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      In fact JM has said that they are dropping the ATA gene mythology in relation to John, so to my way of thinking that further marginalizes his character.
      » Okay, where the did that statement come from? I can't believe he really said that, or even something remotely along those lines. Throw out the ATA gene, a significant characteristic that Sheppard had since Rising and the whole reason he first was asked to join the expedition! I still cannot believe it. Or wait - I can. Once they kicked out Torri and Paul and didn't even consider bringing them back full-time after the outcry, anything is possible.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Listen to me. I sound like an anti-.
      » Being 'Anti' is not a thing to be ashamed of. We have cookies, and lots of fun

» I too have bookmarked your fic to read later.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      It must be Darth Mallozzi's revenge. This past year, JoeF has been very vocal in his support of Torri (and Paul McGillion!) and just as critical of the changes that have been made as a result of pushing those two out.
      So go ahead, Mallozzi. Go ahead and push out JoeF, too. Because the show will never survive his leaving.
      » Joe F is my anti-hero I love how he said in a past interview on GW a few years back how he wasn't one to censor anything he says. Make him showrunner. He knows best, and by far better than Mallozzi, who should stick to food photography.

» My one gracious wish for the agitating little man is that when SGA is over he will confess that kicking out ELizabeth and Carson and his entire game of cast musical chairs was a mistake. A big, big mistake.

» and guys, I would be careful at what you call Mallozzi. I recieved an infraction (my second) a few days ago for calling him a rather mild word. Be careful.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        Okay, where the did that statement come from? I can't believe he really said that, or even something remotely along those lines. Throw out the ATA gene, a significant characteristic that Sheppard had since Rising and the whole reason he first was asked to join the expedition! I still cannot believe it. Or wait - I can. Once they kicked out Torri and Paul and didn't even consider bringing them back full-time after the outcry, anything is possible.
        Yeah, like flushing three great years of character development and worldbuilding down the toilet all for the sake of an ego trip.

Being 'Anti' is not a thing to be ashamed of. We have cookies, and lots of fun
        Anti is the new black. And we wear it with pride.

Joe F is my anti-hero I love how he said in a past interview on GW a few years back how he wasn't one to censor anything he says. Make him showrunner. He knows best, and by far better than Mallozzi, who should stick to food photography.
        And frankly, Mallozzi's not any good at photography of any kind, either. Ancestors help us all if he ever decides he wants to direct.

My one gracious wish for the agitating little man is that when SGA is over he will confess that kicking out ELizabeth and Carson and his entire game of cast musical chairs was a mistake. A big, big mistake.
        He'll never confess to anything. His ego is the size of Russia and he clearly doesn't care who he stomps on to get his way.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

» Ego trip, indeed. His arrogance never ceases to amaze me. I'd rather not be amazed.

» Somebody help us. Mallozzi's ego would not fit through a Stargate

» *sigh* I'm taking a break from the general discussion threads for now. It seems to me that some people express their love for character X by just dissing character Y. Which is something I never do - if I love a character I back it up without dissing another. It gets really infuriating sometimes. There are some people that are pro towards this character I can handle, but ones that will blantantly go around insulting the character to my face are candidates for the ignore list.

Comment

WTF?!?!? Where the hell did that gutter-brained moron say that?!?

Sheppard being such a strong natural carrier of the ATA gene was the reason why Weir was able to justify getting Sheppard on the expedition in the first place! Gah! Made of fail, Mallozzi!

It must be Darth Mallozzi's revenge. This past year, JoeF has been very vocal in his support of Torri (and Paul McGillion!) and just as critical of the changes that have been made as a result of pushing those two out.

So go ahead, Mallozzi. Go ahead and push out JoeF, too. Because the show will never survive his leaving.
            » Okay, where the did that statement come from? I can't believe he really said that, or even something remotely along those lines. Throw out the ATA gene, a significant characteristic that Sheppard had since Rising and the whole reason he first was asked to join the expedition! I still cannot believe it. Or wait - I can. Once they kicked out Torri and Paul and didn't even consider bringing them back full-time after the outcry, anything is possible.

» Being 'Anti' is not a thing to be ashamed of. We have cookies, and lots of fun

» I too have bookmarked your fic to read later.

» Joe F is my anti-hero I love how he said in a past interview on GW a few years back how he wasn't one to censor anything he says. Make him showrunner. He knows best, and by far better than Mallozzi, who should stick to food photography.

» My one gracious wish for the agitating little man is that when SGA is over he will confess that kicking out ELizabeth and Carson and his entire game of cast musical chairs was a mistake. A big, big mistake.

» and guys, I would be careful at what you call Mallozzi. I recieved an infraction (my second) a few days ago for calling him a rather mild word. Be careful.
            I know I read the gene comment on JM's blog. It was in answer to a question I thought, but I've gone all the way back through March and can't find it. So unless someone can confirm, I'll stop making the claim. Now I have to go scrub my eyes out.

In the meantime I'll leave this for you. It's sad!John at his woobiest. And I must issue a twangy country music alert. But it's what I was feeling at the time. poor John
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
              I need your thoughts on dark!John. Try to think of one or more things he could / would be able to do that his friends (Rodney, Teyla, Ronon, Elizabeth) would never forgive him. I have my own ideas about that, but I'd like to hear what other people here think. Yes, it can be sparky related.
              The rest of the team could get captured and John recruits Todd and his Wraith to help with the rescue. When they get to the enemy hive, John could allow them to feed on the humans preserved there, so that the allied Wraith could gather their strength, which is done right before Teyla and Ronon. I think that is something they would never forgive him

Or he might use Darth Tagaans psychic abilities to get them out, but it will bring harm to the poor kid (that would make another entry on the List of charges)

It's 4AM here, I don't have any good ideas

Comment

Ego trip, indeed. His arrogance never ceases to amaze me. I'd rather not be amazed.
                Word.

Somebody help us. Mallozzi's ego would not fit through a Stargate
                I think the Stargate would rather self-destruct than let him through... No, come to think of it, the Stargate would let him enter, then self-destruct before he could exit the other end and bring further pain to the universe.

*sigh* I'm taking a break from the general discussion threads for now. It seems to me that some people express their love for character X by just dissing character Y. Which is something I never do - if I love a character I back it up without dissing another. It gets really infuriating sometimes. There are some people that are pro towards this character I can handle, but ones that will blantantly go around insulting the character to my face are candidates for the ignore list.
                Gah. Putting them on ignore is pretty much the only thing one can do.

You're staying in the Sparky thread though, right?

I know I read the gene comment on JM's blog. It was in answer to a question I thought, but I've gone all the way back through March and can't find it. So unless someone can confirm, I'll stop making the claim. Now I have to go scrub my eyes out.
                *shudders* Watch some old-school Season 1 Atlantis. That's far less painful on the eyes.

In the meantime I'll leave this for you. It's sad!John at his woobiest. And I must issue a twangy country music alert. But it's what I was feeling at the time. poor John
                That was gorgeous! And so sad! *hugs Woobie!John*

Originally posted by Pajus View Post
                Or he might use Darth Tagaans psychic abilities to get them out, but it will bring harm to the poor kid (that would make another entry on the List of charges)
                Maybe use Hybrid!Kanaan somehow to get them out and then leave him behind to a certain death when he could've been rescued and healed? Or do something bad with regard to the Athosians in general? That would certainly piss off Teyla.

Anuna, I'll try to post some more Dark!John ideas for you on your LJ later after I watch NCIS!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Guys, these are more than good. Expect to read something really ... what's the good word? Upsetting when I'm done with it.

John's ATA is the cool thing about him. It's basically the first thing we laearn about the guy, for cryin out loud - said or not, it wouldn't be good to drop the whole concept of ATA genes. But nothing ever suprises me when it comes to Atlantis and frankly I wouldn't mind John killed off. Yeah you read right. Let him be in Heaven right next to Elizabeth.

Comment

Whoopsie I forgot: SR that was a great vid. It's sad to see how John became sad and tired during this passed year, and we the sparkies know the reason for it.

Comment

Guys, these are more than good. Expect to read something really ... what's the good word? Upsetting when I'm done with it.
                      Posted some more ideas for you over on LJ. Hope they're helpful.

Upsetting? I don't know if anything could be more upsetting than what TPTB have already done on the show...

John's ATA is the cool thing about him. It's basically the first thing we laearn about the guy, for cryin out loud - said or not, it wouldn't be good to drop the whole concept of ATA genes. But nothing ever suprises me when it comes to Atlantis and frankly I wouldn't mind John killed off. Yeah you read right. Let him be in Heaven right next to Elizabeth.
                      They could never be together in life, but they are reunited in death. Everything that John has endured was a test to prove that he is worthy to spend the rest of eternity with Elizabeth. How very like a medieval romance! (and you know I'm a sucker for that sort of thing) I LOVE IT!

Comment

» Okay, where the did that statement come from? I can't believe he really said that, or even something remotely along those lines. Throw out the ATA gene, a significant characteristic that Sheppard had since Rising and the whole reason he first was asked to join the expedition! I still cannot believe it.
                        It wasn't Mallozzi - it was Martin Gero. A fan reported that he said it at the Vancouver Convention. Here's the thread.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Maybe use Hybrid!Kanaan somehow to get them out and then leave him behind to a certain death when he could've been rescued and healed? Or do something bad with regard to the Athosians in general? That would certainly piss off Teyla.
                          You mean something like calling the Athosians "Dirty little people"?

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              It wasn't Mallozzi - it was Martin Gero. A fan reported that he said it at the Vancouver Convention. Here's the thread.
                              That... just sucks. It takes away so much from what made Sheppard special and unique and damn cool. And I'm not at all surprised to hear it came from Gero. What a shame.

*snorts* Hardly. Like Anuna said, it needs to be something so totally heinous that it could never be forgiven. Name-calling is petty, but it's not even close to that bad in the grand scheme of things. It would have to be something like, say, selling out the Athosians to the Wraith... Or letting Michael keep Teyla's baby... that sort of thing.

Comment

*snorts* Hardly. Like Anuna said, it needs to be something so totally heinous that it could never be forgiven. Name-calling is petty, but it's not even close to that bad in the grand scheme of things. It would have to be something like, say, selling out the Athosians to the Wraith... Or letting Michael keep Teyla's baby... that sort of thing.
                                You are evil and good at the same time. I wouldn't be able to think of that.

How about team Sheppard stopping Michael and then expose the remaining humans to the Hoffan drug to stop the Wraith as well

Comment

Working...
                                X