Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by muffinnuffin View Post
    I would vote, but I got red rep points last time I voted against Spanky.
    That sucks!!
    Joe said it, therefore it is canon
    Rodney/Teyla is love

Torri community
    My LJ
    My Fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by johnliz4ever View Post
      That sucks!!
      Yeah it does. It was a few months ago now, and as I said I voted again just now Glad you like my sig too

Ooh, 200 posts!! *puts out plate of cookies and hands out champagne*
      The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
      Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
      "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Ooh, 200 posts!! *puts out plate of cookies and hands out champagne*

*Takes a sip of champagne*

I won't say no to a drink but I'll pass on the cookies *Weeps*
        Rodney/Teyla is love

Torri community
        My LJ
        My Fanfic

Comment

muff, I can't green you but I give you a mental green.

Questions to be answered:

1) If you were Landry, what would you have thought of Elizabeth's reaction to Caldwell being posited for second in command?

I think I would have been surprised at how quickly she settled the issue, but not the fact that she championed him. Landry is used to Weir in a way, so he knows her mind--though I think she is a great deal stronger after one year in Atlantis than she ever was at Stargate command. Still, he'd have to give her credit for being a formidable woman.

2) *inspired by above discussion* Do you think John felt like his promotion had been 'unearned', after discovering Elizabeth had something to do with it?

No. I think John suffers from a little self-confidence in what he really deserves. Anyone who has lost ties to family and friends, who is a loner, probably is just going to go with an attitude of 'do your best' and not expect reward. It's why he makes such a big deal of his promotion--and went all goofy when Elizabeth reveals she played a part in it. He would not have expected someone to stick up for him to that extent, and to realize she cares about him that much would have made him bashful--and probably proud.

3) Who is smarter--Rodney or Hermiod?

Hermiod. He's got the genius Rodney has AND can speak Asgard and English. I love how his arrogance is right on par with McKay.

4) Do you believe Elizabeth is really heartbroken over losing Simon?

No. I do think Elizabeth is really, really sorry, but I almost feel, given the way the break-up was portrayed, that she was more upset over the actual ending of it than in actually losing Simon. I think Elizabeth's a bit of a that winner's mentality of always fighting to save something until there's no hope left--that she doesn't like to lose anything. Here, she lost. It was also by her choice, in a way, by leaving him behind. Not that that's an excuse to cheat, but she didn't love him as much as Atlantis. By the end of the episode, she realizes that, and hence we get the nice wrap up scene of Elizabeth back to work as the head of Atlantis.

5) Why do you think Simon cheated?

I think he was lonely. And his girlfriend was far, far away. But perhaps there's a little spite there--though he's not portrayed as a louse in general, she did choose her job over him. When he got the message she'd be going somewhere (I can't remember if he was elevated to clearance to know the whole truth or only she was going someplace that required that clearance level) he basically was told he wasn't as important as this new quest of hers. So I think he was hurt, perhaps a little selfish (why should I wait for her?) and ultimately, human.

6) Do you believe John should have acted differently during his conversation with Aiden's cousin--tried to explain how dangerous the situation really was?

I don't know...John's not very good with situations like this one--personal, and close. But I do think he knows how to keep quiet. Nothing would have comforted her about Aiden's disappearance, no matter how many justifications he made--I think he does recognize that and as such, lets the blows fall.

7) Does Caldwell hold a grudge against Elizabeth for blocking his promotion? I think Caldwell is enough of a man to realize Elizabeth's reasons why she fought so hard for John. I think, rather than it being a personal grudge, he took that moment in the conference room to be a sign of her character--that she's a tough cookie, and probably stubborn in that 'no man's going to get the better of me' kind of way. That's why I think he calls her out later on in the Daedalus--he's worried she's going to step on his toes because she's the kind of woman who thinks she has to fight for her power. Of course, Elizabeth proves to be a formidable, and yet fair, opponent--and by the time we get to "Conversion", he's more familiar with her personality, and knows her standing up to John was due more to her feelings for him than because she needed to stand up to the Boys Club.
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I would vote, but I got red rep points last time I voted against Spanky. Someone else deal the final blow

Hi y'all, Real Life caught up with me and I havent been here for a while...
            That just sucks, and I'm sending you cheer-up green!

It's because of people doing petty cr@p like this that I don't participate in those "last one standing" games. Less aggravation for me that way.

Originally posted by Ice Wolf View Post
            To be fair we didn't get to see what happened when she hit the ground she could have been cursing like a sailor. Probably just bad continuity though, it's not like the writer are good with these things.

I was just wondering cause I have a bad knee (baseball to the side of it and then a few years later it got knelt on) and sometimes its perfectly fine and other time it hurts a bit and then aches for a few days.
            Actually, there's a pretty logical explanation for Phoebus!Weir shaking off the bad knee in TLG... she was probably so hyped up on adrenalin from running amok at that point that she didn't even feel the pain. And Elizabeth likely didn't feel anything until she woke up in the infirmary the next morning after Phoebus went bye-bye.

I always figured Elizabeth's bad knee was something along the lines of what you described of your knee injury.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            2) *inspired by above discussion* Do you think John felt like his promotion had been 'unearned', after discovering Elizabeth had something to do with it?

No. I think John suffers from a little self-confidence in what he really deserves. Anyone who has lost ties to family and friends, who is a loner, probably is just going to go with an attitude of 'do your best' and not expect reward. It's why he makes such a big deal of his promotion--and went all goofy when Elizabeth reveals she played a part in it. He would not have expected someone to stick up for him to that extent, and to realize she cares about him that much would have made him bashful--and probably proud.
            He was such a puppy in that scene! All puffed up and wanting to show off to get attention from the person that's come to matter to him most. And I think he really has been kind of starved for positive attention in his life; he needs it, he's earned it, and it's doubly important to him to have come from someone who has really earned his respect and friendship, like Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
            4) Do you believe Elizabeth is really heartbroken over losing Simon?

No. I do think Elizabeth is really, really sorry, but I almost feel, given the way the break-up was portrayed, that she was more upset over the actual ending of it than in actually losing Simon. I think Elizabeth's a bit of a that winner's mentality of always fighting to save something until there's no hope left--that she doesn't like to lose anything. Here, she lost. It was also by her choice, in a way, by leaving him behind. Not that that's an excuse to cheat, but she didn't love him as much as Atlantis. By the end of the episode, she realizes that, and hence we get the nice wrap up scene of Elizabeth back to work as the head of Atlantis.

5) Why do you think Simon cheated?

I think he was lonely. And his girlfriend was far, far away. But perhaps there's a little spite there--though he's not portrayed as a louse in general, she did choose her job over him. When he got the message she'd be going somewhere (I can't remember if he was elevated to clearance to know the whole truth or only she was going someplace that required that clearance level) he basically was told he wasn't as important as this new quest of hers. So I think he was hurt, perhaps a little selfish (why should I wait for her?) and ultimately, human.
            That's pretty much how I saw the end of Elizabeth/Simon. Elizabeth saying goodbye to him in "Rising" via a video message rather than in person did suck (and, if I recall correctly, Simon was given special clearance to know about Atlantis in so that Elizabeth could tell him what was going on), but at the same time, Simon apparently leading Elizabeth on for, what, a couple of weeks (or however long they were on Earth during the "Intruder" flashbacks) also sucked. So, I guess they're even now, and that's probably the best that can be said for that breakup.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormhole View Post
              It's getting there. Slowly.

Btw I've moved that fic back to the main bulk.

A Moment in Time

lol

Comment

We've won the shipper thread!

The Geek shall inherit the earth

Proud Sparky Supporter
                Keeping the Heart and Soul of Atlantis Alive
                "They can take our Elizabeth, but they can ne'er take our SPARKY!"

Comment

Yay, Sparky rules the forum once again. In celebration, a new wall. I had a weird brainstorm. Feedback will either make me stop or cause me to do more. Your choice. The plumeria is a pic I took in Hawaii.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Yay, Sparky rules the forum once again. In celebration, a new wall. I had a weird brainstorm. Feedback will either make me stop or cause me to do more. Your choice. The plumeria is a pic I took in Hawaii.

Spoiler:
                    That's lovely. I adore it
                    Rodney/Teyla is love

Torri community
                    My LJ
                    My Fanfic

Comment

Spoiler:
                      http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/flowerwall.jpg
                      It's beautiful SR. Love that you have incorporated something you have captured in with Sparky.

Now one tiny suggestion? Don't kill me, please? It's only done because I love your work.

Spoiler:
                      make the sparky pictures the top layer? so they are the prominent?
                      sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by justhere1971 View Post
                        It's beautiful SR. Love that you have incorporated something you have captured in with Sparky.

Now one tiny suggestion? Don't kill me, please? It's only done because I love your work.

Spoiler:
                        make the sparky pictures the top layer? so they are the prominent?
                        *stabs jt with a rusty spoon* I'll do an alternate version. Later.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello All!

Delurking to show support for sparky! and all of us who just wont quit! Just wanted to share that eversince I discovered this thread (um.. 3 years of lurking)
                          I have checked in on almost everyday ( my significant other calls it my Daily Squee) and have contented myself to just enjoying the posts and following everyone's thoughts, joys and frustrations. I actually promised myself to delurk if any of the following happen: John and Elizabeth become canon and lately, if elizabeth comes back. Alas, although I'd love to be the one to break that awesome news.. Im not delurking today for the above. Im just here to share and let everyone know that its really wonderful how a lot of people still keep the Sparky idea alive and kicking ( I know its wicked but I do love it when we are still more than ever always on page 1 --hee hee!). I love how the conversations never gets tedious and even today, new people tune in and share their support for the pairing.
                          You all are great and thank you for being a super part of my days all these years!

Comment

*stabs jt with a rusty spoon* I'll do an alternate version. Later.
                            As I lay with my gangrened side, I admire SR's work.
                            sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by squeebaby View Post
                              Hello All!

Delurking to show support for sparky! and all of us who just wont quit! Just wanted to share that eversince I discovered this thread (um.. 3 years of lurking)
                              I have checked in on almost everyday ( my significant other calls it my Daily Squee) and have contented myself to just enjoying the posts and following everyone's thoughts, joys and frustrations. I actually promised myself to delurk if any of the following happen: John and Elizabeth become canon and lately, if elizabeth comes back. Alas, although I'd love to be the one to break that awesome news.. Im not delurking today for the above. Im just here to share and let everyone know that its really wonderful how a lot of people still keep the Sparky idea alive and kicking ( I know its wicked but I do love it when we are still more than ever always on page 1 --hee hee!). I love how the conversations never gets tedious and even today, new people tune in and share their support for the pairing.
                              You all are great and thank you for being a super part of my days all these years!
                              Welcome to the thread Squee. We will not quit. We are the Sparkies, and it's actually impossible to make us go away.
                              sig made by me

Comment

Thank you! and yes, now more than ever, i do beleive that!

Comment

Working...
                                X