I'm digging the post
    Spoiler:
    Hug
    , Shep
    Spoiler:
    lip lickage
    myself.

Comment

Rubicon, did you make that banner, or was that something official? If you made it, you did a very, very good job.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Rubicon, did you make that banner, or was that something official? If you made it, you did a very, very good job.
        I was wondering the exact same thing.
        ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by wizengamot
          Lordy Lordy! She is starting to see the light!!! Given 2 weeks locked in a chat with bugs and I (yes, I am volunteering you again) you will be all straigtened out. I jest, You bring up many good points and I am inclined to agree. That's one great thing about them as romantic or as friendship

WELCOME all new people!
          Care for a mint?
          ROFLOL!! *Starting* to see the light?! I'm not just *starting* to see the light, I've just not previously posted on it... Happy to oblige ya, though!

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
          still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

In my own made-up 'shippy Stargate world' I reckon she's looking at his mouth here!

Comment

Hello there fellow shippers!!

I finally found a tread that doesnt have a thing against the Weir/Shepherd shippiness. You have no idea how happy that has made me!! I love the fact that there are so many of us out there! I havent had the time to read everything yet (278 pages!! ) but i love it all the same.

Cant wait for some more of those shippy moments!

Enough babbling for now........

Lovebar made by natz099
              My LJ * Forgotten-Secrets

Comment

Welcome SapphireJewelledQueen!
                I was also very relieved when I found a thread that was actually pro-J/E.
                You'll love it here

Comment

Originally posted by SapphireJewelledQueen
                  Hello there fellow shippers!!

I finally found a tread that doesnt have a thing against the Weir/Shepherd shippiness. You have no idea how happy that has made me!! I love the fact that there are so many of us out there! I havent had the time to read everything yet (278 pages!! ) but i love it all the same.

Cant wait for some more of those shippy moments!

Enough babbling for now........
                  Welcome, SapphireJewelledQueen. I'm in and out of this thread every day or so and can't be here quite as often as I'd like. Post lots and stay away from the mints!
                  -girlgater

Comment

Hi there guys, sitting here watching Atlantis at the moment and thinking about John & Elizabeth and I just sigh. Don't know if these have been posted yet so if they have I'm sorry if I step on anyone's toes but they are just so shippy.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna

Non, no, no I didnt make it, sure wish I could tell you where I found it (that'd be proper etiquette) but I'm bad. It's gotta be an ad -- 1/4 pg. vert. I'd assume.

I'm gonna try to share my delicious LJ icon too!! Lips!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen
                        I was also very relieved when I found a thread that was actually pro-J/E.
                        You'll love it here
                        Spoiler:
                        Sigh...I was lookin at that photo of the hug again and it just strikes me how totally dumbfounded and confused and surprised that John looks. Elizabeth's open display of affection really, really caught him off guard. Makes you wonder just how much affectionate and loving displays he has experienced from grown women. I'd venture to say that he's had his share of sexual displays from them given his cocky attitude and mussy good looks but just the sheer happiness and tenderness she shows at seeing him alive and well again is something he wasn't prepared for from her. I'd like to think that her 'caring' for him is something he'll come to want and need more and more even as he begins to see her as a female he wants to get his hands on. The sum of that is usually falling in love.

My favorite part of the scene may not even be the 'hug' at all. It is probably just after they release and you see such nervousness on his face at not knowing what to say in response to it. He just licks his lips-sure sign of his nerves and flounders and can't *think*. Elizabeth imho, does him even one better with her response to his sort of innane banter when she replies. "I'd like that." and then gives that little nervous laugh that lets you know without a doubt that she is experiencing what I like to refer to as the 'awareness factor'. It's like 'whoa, I've grabbed him and thrown him a little and now I don't know what to look him in the eye and say about it'.

I love how she didn't *intend* the hug to be anything sexual but as she released him and they stared at each other a short moment, it quickly became a first bit of sexual awareness. Yummy. ; )

And just the dialogue there is catchy. If you listen closely and adjust it just the tinniest amount, it plays very couple-like in your mind.

"(Honey), I'm home."

Moment of intense awareness as she walks up in his face.

HUG

Surprised/Shocked/Confounded Look from John over her shoulder

Nervous eye meeting

I truly thought (you were dead)

Yeah, yeah, I thought the same about you a min ago. We gotta stop that.

Nervous laughter- I'd like that. (Sounds like she is accepting his dinner invitation!)

Unsettled gaze/moment before John shakes it off.

Love that byplay/intimacy in the words there as well as the surprised expressions. The entire 'feelings' thing is catching both of them completely off guard. I would imagine Elizabeth, had she really *thought* it out, would never have hugged him with the gusto she did but that's the beauty of shippiness....those little times when they let their guard down and forget that they aren't really supposed to be falling for each other.

Ah...this dissecting feels good...like gettin back in the saddle again....

-Bama ; )
                        Last edited by Bama; 28 July 2005, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                          Sigh...I was lookin at that photo of the hug

My favorite part of the scene may not even be the 'hug' at all. It is probably just after they release and you see such nervousness on his face at not knowing what to say in response to it. He just licks his lips-sure sign of his nerves and flounders and can't *think*.

-Bama ; )
                          Oh do you mean...

Made by jr_moon on LJ

Bama you make me Sqeee too much!

Comment

I think that banner was from the scifi website to promote the new seasons, right? Puurrttyy....

Comment

Comment

Bama, I had much the same thoughts on John's reaction to... the scene. Flanigan played it beautifully — so caught off-guard, from a character who takes things pretty calmly, considering the fact that we're talking about aliens and travel to other galaxies and all that jazz. It's endearing that this would make him more nervous than a suicide mission did.

Just as a random aside, this thread has been chronically lax about spoiler tags. When it was just the first season, we generally didn't use tags for episodes that had aired in the US, especially since this thread wasn't started until the rest of the world got ahead of the US airing. But we really ought to be a bit more vigilant in remembering to use spoiler tags. And for those who need a refresher course in how they work:

<spoiler>Sam's having Thor's lovechild! </spoiler>

Just replace <these brackets> with [these brackets].
                                Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
                                Last update: 14 April 2006
                                Melyanna's Multimedia
                                Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X