• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    Give it time, it is just hiding.
    I have a feeling that one of my cats took care of it.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! ​​​​

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    SK, you're the big college football fan here. I thought of you the other day. A college friend had messaged me to tell me she was attending orientation for her daughter's college (and boy, do I feel old). She's going to University of Alabama.... and she's never seen a football game. ​​ Well, she'll see one when she starts there. ​​
    Alabama? Ohhhh yeah, she's definitely gonna see some football there. ​​

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Must have seen me type cause by the time I was up to teach it a very painful lesson, it was gone... not seen again even.
    Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
    Give it time, it is just hiding. Mmo9zFu.gif
    I'd have to agree. They're tricksy like that.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    It was mild enough today for the inaugural ride of my new mountain bike and I didn’t crash or anything, lol. Not sure I shared my funny goof, but my last new-to-me mountain bike was not quite the size it was stated to be, and I couldn’t pedal for my knees hitting the handlebars, even after adjustments. The tire was flat- which I knew- when I picked it up so I didn’t test it out. Luckily, I have a short friend in the market for a mountain bike so after I passed it along, I found a brand new one on sale. I’m sure I was quite the sight on the smaller bike, I probably looked like and adult trying to pedal a kids trike
    Oh well, at least the shortie bike found its way to a good home!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Hey, my bike is not to my size either... no making fun of small bikes...

Then again, my saddle is so high up that I look a bit on the awkward side when I bike.

Leave a comment:

• Zandras_Ashes
    replied
    It was mild enough today for the inaugural ride of my new mountain bike and I didn’t crash or anything, lol. Not sure I shared my funny goof, but my last new-to-me mountain bike was not quite the size it was stated to be, and I couldn’t pedal for my knees hitting the handlebars, even after adjustments. The tire was flat- which I knew- when I picked it up so I didn’t test it out. Luckily, I have a short friend in the market for a mountain bike so after I passed it along, I found a brand new one on sale. I’m sure I was quite the sight on the smaller bike, I probably looked like and adult trying to pedal a kids trike

Leave a comment:

• Who Knows
    replied

Must have seen me type cause by the time I was up to teach it a very painful lesson, it was gone... not seen again even.
    Give it time, it is just hiding. Mmo9zFu.gif

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Ugh, I hate it when there's a buzzy bug buzzing around and I want to sleep! Hope you got the little varmint!

Leave a comment:

• JT-2
    replied
    58 today. I'm loving it! I can actually turn off the air conditioning for awhile. Saving some money. My brother and sister-in-law went to Cape Cod to celebrate their 35th wedding anniversary. I'm sure they were hoping for warmer weather. Oops. It was certainly warmer on their wedding day. I remember being hot as hell in the godawful mint green bridesmaid dress.

SK, you're the big college football fan here. I thought of you the other day. A college friend had messaged me to tell me she was attending orientation for her daughter's college (and boy, do I feel old). She's going to University of Alabama.... and she's never seen a football game. Well, she'll see one when she starts there.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

91° F today... like an oven outside. Tomorrow will be a whole lot less, just barely 70° F.

But most welcome... and now I have to go kill a fly and get some sleep.
    Ugh, I hate it when there's a buzzy bug buzzing around and I want to sleep! Hope you got the little varmint!

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    91° F today... like an oven outside. Tomorrow will be a whole lot less, just barely 70° F.

But most welcome... and now I have to go kill a fly and get some sleep.

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Mid-50s and partly cloudy today. Had a bit of showers earlier, supposed to get a little more just before noon, then more sun. Then it starts cranking up into the 60s next week, maybe it'll even hit 70 by the end of the week. Good weather for dragonflies.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    Fun! And lol at the thought of Trelawny jumping rope.
    She was intense and chaotic.

Leave a comment:

• Zandras_Ashes
    replied
    It is hot, hot, hot!

81° F and rising...

Not at melting temp ... yet... but yesterday was my try-out for the local rope-skipping adult group and well... not my brightest idea this week.

However, the group is ... well... how shall I put it... chaos impersonated seems like an acceptable description so I'm fitting right in. Although my skipping level is a bit (possibly a lot) higher than them but ah well... it's an hour a week of moving.
    And one of them reminded me of Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter.
    Fun! And lol at the thought of Trelawny jumping rope.

Leave a comment:

• JT-2
    replied
    It is hot, hot, hot!

81° F and rising...

Not at melting temp ... yet... but yesterday was my try-out for the local rope-skipping adult group and well... not my brightest idea this week.

However, the group is ... well... how shall I put it... chaos impersonated seems like an acceptable description so I'm fitting right in. Although my skipping level is a bit (possibly a lot) higher than them but ah well... it's an hour a week of moving.
    It got up to 83 here today which was followed by a wicked thunderstorm (picture JT hiding under the covers). Now it's cooled down to low 70s. Tomorrow's high will be 69, which is a-ok by me!!

A local rope-skipping adult group? Sounds like fun!! (But not in that heat, no).

And to professor Trelawny!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    Ah well, there's always next season. As for football, USC starts its season Sept 3. Here's hoping, baby...
    Let's hope for the best on all counts!

Leave a comment:

• Scary Kitty
    replied
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

56 degrees and cloudy, with a chance of showers starting at 5pm. Can't complain here.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Well, that sucked. I can't wait until football season!! Regular season starts Sept 11, but there's a preseason game between my local Patriots and my favorite Raiders on August 26.
    Ah well, there's always next season. As for football, USC starts its season Sept 3. Here's hoping, baby...

It is hot, hot, hot!

81° F and rising...

Sounds like fun! The world can always use a little more chaos for a good cause.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon Horus
    replied
    It is hot, hot, hot!

81° F and rising...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X