Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Melyanna
    That wasn't entirely directed at you. There's been a lot of off-topic stuff floating around in here recently, and I thought it was as good a time as any to remind people that we've actually got a place for that.
    I appreciate the update. I didn't know there was a chat room. I'm both internet savy and yet internet dumb. Hard to believe but true.

AL

Comment

Originally posted by ShepsGirl1987
      Sorry Melyanna and anybody I might have offended. I didn't know about this other thread. I promise not to do it again.
      Do you accept my apology present and icon I made?
      Spoiler:

*runs off to read other thread*
      EDIT: Oh and I like your sig Major_Moomin
      I'm in love with that icon. That was fab! I'm going to green you for that one. Can I snurch it? I'll totally keep you credited. ;D

AL

Comment

Ahh, nothing says too hot to write about Elizabeth in the Amazon summer like a photo essay. This time, Season 1. Behind the spoiler cut for number of pictures. (A lot of pictures. I mean it.)

Spoiler:

In no way should that be considered comprehensive. It wouldn't let me post more than this.
        Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
        Last update: 14 April 2006
        Melyanna's Multimedia
        Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Check out the spoilers for 3.14 'Sunday' on the Season 3 message board.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
            ....okay.

I'm reserving judgment till I've seen the sides myself.
            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by gambit
              Hmmmm.
              Spoiler:
              possible recurring love interest for Weir?

It is written by Gero so I bet there is more than meets the eye.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                Hmmmm.
                Spoiler:
                possible recurring love interest for Weir?

It is written by Gero so I bet there is more than meets the eye.
                Yeah, I'm feeling somewhat better about this knowing it's a Gero script.

And, um, I've realized my initial post probably sounded pretty snotty. I meant I was going to reserve judgment on the quality of the episode till I see the sides, not on the veracity of the spoilers.
                Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Uhmm I don't know how I feel about the latest spoilers unless they have shep!jealous, no that would still kind of suck. So have a picture.

sigpic
                  My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Still haven't seen the sides yet, but here's a thing...
                    Spoiler:
                    Have they ever referred to the scientists as anyone's subordinates? I can't think of any such occasion, and it's making me wonder if this is a "fake" character. It strikes me that this script could be rewritten to be Lorne instead of a new character, as he would definitely be referred to as her subordinate's subordinate...

Just wild speculation, though. Like I said, I haven't got the sides yet.
                    Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                      Still haven't seen the sides yet, but here's a thing...
                      Spoiler:
                      Have they ever referred to the scientists as anyone's subordinates? I can't think of any such occasion, and it's making me wonder if this is a "fake" character. It strikes me that this script could be rewritten to be Lorne instead of a new character, as he would definitely be referred to as her subordinate's subordinate...

Just wild speculation, though. Like I said, I haven't got the sides yet.
                      Have they ever pulled the
                      Spoiler:
                      fake character
                      thing before?

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                        Have they ever pulled the
                        Spoiler:
                        fake character
                        thing before?
                        Spoilers for Critical Mass, mild speculation for Season 3's Sunday.
                        Spoiler:
                        They did it with Critical Mass, sort of. It seems as though they did actually audition women for the part of Alison Seagle (the woman who played the blonde chick in Inferno had auditioned for that part), and then they went and rewrote the episode for Jaime Ray Newman. So it's possible. I honestly don't know. Seems like it would be an expensive way to go about doing this, but the phrase "subordinate's subordinate" is bothering me.

Hopefully I'll get the sides from my source tomorrow and I'll be able to judge better. Could have just been poor phrasing on the part of the people who wrote up the summary.
                        Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Poking my head out of lurkdom to ask...

Re: Episode spoilers for "Sunday"
                          How long before the episode do sides normally become available?

Spoiler:

Sometimes I wonder if TPTB just do stuff like this so that they can reassert control over their characters. Like they're trying to force the show to their vision instead of going with what is organic and natural. (Although, based on the response in the Atlantis: Season Three thread, some people don't want ANY kind of a person relationship on the show.)

I'm sure I had a point...I don't remember what it was!

Edited to add: When I started this post Melyanna hadn't replied yet. Sorry! Got my answer.

2nd edit to fix my speculation/spoiler goof. Sorry again! Geez, I'm a menace!
                          Last edited by Izzybaz; 15 June 2006, 08:18 PM.

Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Please be sure to cut spoilers and any speculation...

As for sides, presumably they're out right now. That's where spoilers normally come from. But just so everyone knows, they're not available to the public. You have to have access to a casting agency to get them.

Wait, that's not what you asked, Izzybaz. Sorry. This episode's labeled #14, so it won't be airing in the US till January or February of next year. It'll probably air in December.
                            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Izzybaz
                              Sometimes I wonder if TPTB just do stuff like this so that they can reassert control over their characters. Like they're trying to force the show to their vision instead of going with what is organic and natural. (Although, based on the response in the Atlantis: Season Three thread, some people don't want ANY kind of a person relationship on the show.)
                              Dude I was like Woooo the hatred is so strong I guess that's what happens when TPTB put so much kirking in the second season.
                              Spoiler:
                              I don't see Elizabeth going on a date in the last two years as kirking, but hey maybe it is. I just see TPTB doing something that will cause Elizabeth never to want to date someone. Today has not been a good day for my ships. Lately it hasn't been a good day to be a shipper
                              sigpic
                              My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Here's another of my little wallpapers:

I never knew you girls could have so much fun keeping comments pg *grin*

Comment

Working...
                                X