No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful discussion going on. Liz has indeed changed in the way she views the military, but I just have to say something in their defense. The US military protects and defends. They do not actively seek conflict. War is a last resort, and I think both John and Caldwell believe that. The Geneva Conventions only apply to those nations that signed them. Now Semper Fi, hoo yah and all that. Hope noone takes offense but I love a lot of people who are serving their country.

John: Liz, let me comfort you.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
      *grin* But don't you think they could easily 'fall into' that sort of love if they simply wanted to try it? There's simply too much spark there to not be 'more'-in time- if they wanted it to be. And I do agree with you that they're not in 'romantic love' yet. I'm one of those people that believe there are numerous people in this world that you could have an enjoyable 'romantic' relationship with but much fewer that you could have an 'intimate friendship all encompassing relationship' with. I think John and Elizabeth are two of the lucky ones in the universe that may find it all.
      I agree with you. Their relationship just have to materialize one day or another. And if I understand you last two sentences well, yep, they're what we can call soulmates.

And I don't remember if I'd posted the first part here but here are the first two fics of a series featuring our beloved dog, and with a lot of John/Liz friendship (only friendship, for the moment):
      Sedge's adventures to Atlantis:
      1. Meeting in a park
      2. Going home

Comment

Originally posted by Vicky
        I agree with you. Their relationship just have to materialize one day or another. And if I understand you last two sentences well, yep, they're what we can call soulmates.
        Gah, there is such a 'backlash' to that word and it probably is tossed around too much but there's something to it as well when it's rarely found. In regard to their relationship, I have to think that John and Elizabeth will come to the point eventually where they'll either have to 'get in' all the way with each other or they'll have to 'get out' all the way- Not so much because of them but because anyone else that either John or Elizabeth ever try and form a relationship with is going to be threatened by not being number one in their life.

Originally posted by Southern Red
        Wonderful discussion going on. Liz has indeed changed in the way she views the military, but I just have to say something in their defense. The US military protects and defends. They do not actively seek conflict. War is a last resort, and I think both John and Caldwell believe that. The Geneva Conventions only apply to those nations that signed them. Now Semper Fi, hoo yah and all that. Hope noone takes offense but I love a lot of people who are serving their country.
        Got to say 'hoo - rah' to that. I'm an ex-military wife and as such, you understand the mentality is not always 'want to' but 'have to' and you understand that even these men deal with internal struggles about what is done at times.
        Last edited by Bama; 10 March 2006, 09:44 AM.

Comment

*grin* But don't you think they could easily 'fall into' that sort of love if they simply wanted to try it? There's simply too much spark there to not be 'more'-in time- if they wanted it to be. And I do agree with you that they're not in 'romantic love' yet. I'm one of those people that believe there are numerous people in this world that you could have an enjoyable 'romantic' relationship with but much fewer that you could have an 'intimate friendship all encompassing relationship' with. I think John and Elizabeth are two of the lucky ones in the universe that may find it all.
          Oh god yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they couldn't fall in love (why the ehll would I post in here if I didn't!). I just don't think it would be the end of the world if they didn't. Like you said, their kind of relationship is rare, and I would still enjoy watching them together even if they just stayed as friends. If necessary, I'm quite happy reading/writing fanfic to fill in the other parts!
          Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by mentalmichael
            Oh god yes, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they couldn't fall in love (why the ehll would I post in here if I didn't!). I just don't think it would be the end of the world if they didn't. Like you said, their kind of relationship is rare, and I would still enjoy watching them together even if they just stayed as friends. If necessary, I'm quite happy reading/writing fanfic to fill in the other parts!
            ITA, Michael. I could honestly be happy imagining they got together after the show is all done. As long as the show doesn't end with them with other people or kill either of them. And I'm certain they would never kill either and they're more likely to end the show with them single and unattached.

There's only one show I've ever watched that killed off both people in my ship pair. That was in Forever Knight.

Comment

And that is the beauty of the Shep/Weir dynamic equation. It can go either way, but the constant in this rare, beautiful relationship is this inexplicable bond we see on screen, of which even the PTB has no control of ( they didn't expect it to happen). Shep whumps/angst, Liz whumps/angst... these are all just catalysts to a reaction between this two. *** I sound like a science teacher ***
              And no, it is not the end of the world if they stayed as friends. There's always fanfiction

Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice
              From what I've tasted of desire I hold with those who favor fire.
              But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
              To say that for destruction ice is also great and would suffice.
              Robert Frost, Fire and Ice

Comment

I got cha. And I could live without actually seeing all the physical played out as well although I must admit it would be more satisfying to see some of that too. As long as there's a knowledge that it would be 'all', I could maybe be satisfied. I guess I'm one of those saps that likes a happy ending and although I am happy knowing that John and Elizabeth are the closest two friends can be , I guess I'd just like to know by the end that they'd found complete happiness in each other as well.

And I still agree with many of you guys-they're a perfect RST set-up couple. There are so many issues and conflicts they deal with beyond just 'their relationship' that I think they'd hold our interest long after the UST was resolved. Aren't too many tv couples I would say that about.
                Last edited by Bama; 10 March 2006, 12:46 PM.

Comment

*tptb read the posts collected by the poor, underpaid employee*

ptb1: Oh see? They wouldn't mind if Weir and Sheppard never get together.

ptb2: So what then? Drag it on but never resolve it?

ptb1: It means we can focus on the more important things on the show *reads more* Hmm... so this is what they feel was missing from the Sheppard/Teyla dynamic? Okay.... Hey, Louie! See if you can add some of these ideas for the Sheppard and Teyla relationship in the next few seasons.

ptb3: What about Ronon?

ptb1: Reunite him with some old girlfriend or something. *rubs hands* Okay, where's that new ship design?

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen

ptb1: It means we can focus on the more important things on the show *reads more* Hmm... so this is what they feel was missing from the Sheppard/Teyla dynamic? Okay.... Hey, Louie! See if you can add some of these ideas for the Sheppard and Teyla relationship in the next few seasons.

ptb1: Reunite him with some old girlfriend or something. *rubs hands* Okay, where's that new ship design?

No, no, no. Bite your tongue. Don't even tease about something like this. You know TPTB have no clue. Let's not help. But the bottom line is it will all depend on a bunch of suits at the network. Ratings are down. They've already moved BSG to October premier. Lord knows what they have in store for SGA. More beautiful intelligent off world women I'm sure.

Okay, everybody clap. I believe!
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Vixen

LOL! You got me Vix. And here I thought I was being so diplomatic and patient and reasoned!

When you put it like that...
                      POOH on other stuff! Since when is time for space battles more important than the human heart?!

No friggin way! Note to PTB!: We want Shep and Weir together in every way and the sooner the better!

No, no, no. Bite your tongue. Don't even tease about something like this. You know TPTB have no clue. Let's not help. But the bottom line is it will all depend on a bunch of suits at the network. Ratings are down. They've already moved BSG to October premier. Lord knows what they have in store for SGA. More beautiful intelligent off world women I'm sure.
                      LOL! Fer sure. SGA is their highest rated of late so I'm sure they feel the 'spacebabes in thongs!' theme is the way to go. *snort* The ratings fall off is due imo to SG-1 simply going downhill. They need some new ideas/juice in that one and I'm hopeful for sci-fi that vala and the SGA crossovers will be enough of a pump in the arm to save it. I think SGA has been much more consistent this year from what I've seen and I think it could survive without Big Brother if it had to. Let's hope it doesn't though.
                      Last edited by Bama; 10 March 2006, 11:26 AM.

Comment

LOL! You got me Vix. And here I thought I was being so diplomatic and patient and reasoned!

When you put it like that...
                        POOH on other stuff! Since when is time for space battles more important than the human heart?!

No friggin way! Note to PTB!: We want Shep and Weir together in every way and the sooner the better!
                        But.... I like the space battles
                        Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

I agree with you, not having RST wouldn't be the end of the world. I like their relationship the way it is, yeasterday i was watchng Duet, nothing overt happened between them on this episode, a little bit of flirtying, personal space invasion, that was it, and it was inmensely enjoyable. I'm quite happy with just this (for now ). I have no idea if tptb will ever go with RST with S/W, none of us do (unles you're one of those 'guests', lol). I'm sure thought that tptb on any show are scared of doing RST because they are affraid that resolution would kill the UST, and send those fans that aren't shippers running for their lives. I am afraid of the possibility that it would ruin the ship for me. Once there is RST there is no place to go, usually tptb get them together and then do something to create drama, some traumatic event to separate them, a bang to keep things going. I remember Silk Stalkings, they declared their love to eachother, slept together, then got together, she got pregnant, they got married, it was all *so* romantic, and then he got killed. I have no idea if it was because the actors wanted to leave the show. I watched the funeral episode, never watched the show again, years later i found out rita also left after the funeral, and new characters appeared, not that i cared anymore.
                          I think if tptb don't do RST is because they're afraid of the fans, we are scary, lol.
                          I'm quite happy with my ship, i like what i get, i don't need anything big, and if i don't get RST i won't curse tptb or chase them, or send them bombs on the mail or anything. Worse things can happen, we could get RST like it happened with Mulder and Scully, now, that's worse than no RST. Or it could turn out like S/J. If we get RST i hope they do it right, if they're not sure of getting it right then don't mess with the ship, if it happens okay, if it doesn't it's okay too, whatever will be will be.

Comment

But.... I like the space battles
                            Me too.

Comment

Interesting discussion...
                              I don't want RST but I don't want this to turn into Sam/Jack chaos either. Their was RST last I heard.. and still is, unless they aren't telling us something.

I'd like to see UST in SGA but which is done properly, with taste. So far I like it except for constant Lizzie angst. But just the way they look at each other in every episode is fine by me. I don't remember Sam and Jack looking at each other like that so often... only when the ship was written in the episode.

Comment

I agree Erised. Turning this ship into S/J would be bad. But I have always felt SW has been way ahead of the game from the beginning. S/J got very awkward when the ship was seriously pushed imo. They weren't aloud to be together so they were always fighting their feelings for each other. SW doesn't have to have that awkwardness imo.

I think SW are aloud to even be friends in a way S/J never were.

I really like those moments between Shep/Weir when they're being a little flirty. It's just very comfortable with them.

TPTB seem to do friendships very well to me and I think if they focused on that between these two they'd really have something great. It's as if they don't realize that a romantic relationship is based on a strong friendship. Rather to them it seems like it's immediate sexual attraction. That's what Teyla/Sheppard felt like to me at the beginning of the series.

With a strong foundation of friendship Shep/Weir has great potential. I'm just afraid of what tptb will do to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X