X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelQueen
    About The Tower, I have a question.
    Spoiler:
    Did John and Mara really end up in bed together at some point, or did I just miss something? Because, I don't remember ever getting the impression that they actually made it that far. Just the scene where she stripped for him and practically sucked his tongue out of his head (I hated her for that, both because of Lizzie and because I wished it was ME!!!). That and he was offered both the girl and the throne, both of which he turned down because he's already got himself a Queen that he's devoted himself to, and her seat of power's a lot nicer!

AQ
    Spoiler:
    At the very end of that scene, Mara pushed him back on the bed. Personally, I think he'd been startled enough by the whole marriage thing that he came to his senses. Plus, the scene the next day didn't exactly seem like the attitude of a man who'd had a good time with an open-minded woman the previous night.
    Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
    Last update: 14 April 2006
    Melyanna's Multimedia
    Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
      Melyanna, now that you've confessed to starting a music vid, when will we be seeing it? And don't tell us you've been too busy staring at the pretty scenes of sparky hotness to get down to work!
      I did start a really long one (seven minutes), but I haven't worked on it in at least six weeks. Something rather... serious happened in real life, and I've not really had the energy to devote to vids. Writing is so much easier for me.

I do have a few Shep/Weir vids, and one of these days I'll actually update my vid site to reflect that.
      Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        Spoiler:
        At the very end of that scene, Mara pushed him back on the bed. Personally, I think he'd been startled enough by the whole marriage thing that he came to his senses. Plus, the scene the next day didn't exactly seem like the attitude of a man who'd had a good time with an open-minded woman the previous night.
        Ah. *nods* Thank you.
        Spoiler:
        That does make sense. I remember the scene where John scurried into Otho's office now. He did appear a little freaked out at the fact that he'd just encountered a woman who wanted him for his genes, of all things.

I can think of a million other - and better - reasons to want him.

So we can assume that he managed to kick her out of his room before she could maul him completely? Thank goodness... the face-sucking was more than enough to scar me.

AQ

*revels in Teh Sparkiness*
        In Other News: Thor's been Thor-Napped and placed in TPTB's Closet of Thor-Napping! *oh noes*

Comment

I did start a really long one (seven minutes), but I haven't worked on it in at least six weeks. Something rather... serious happened in real life, and I've not really had the energy to devote to vids. Writing is so much easier for me.

I do have a few Shep/Weir vids, and one of these days I'll actually update my vid site to reflect that.
          Oh, I'm sorry about the seriousness of life. That can happen sometimes. Hope you find GW a nice, non-serious break from life!

And *sigh* I'll just have to be patient for that vid. But SEVEN MINUTES?! Hot damn, woman. You trying to make us all squee to death?

Wanna sig? Ask me. I'll probably make you one.
          I would also like it noted that in The Long Goodbye,
          Spoiler:
          Weir asked John to be her husband, and he said yes!! HA!!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelQueen
            Ah. *nods* Thank you.
            Spoiler:
            That does make sense. I remember the scene where John scurried into Otho's office now. He did appear a little freaked out at the fact that he'd just encountered a woman who wanted him for his genes, of all things.

I can think of a million other - and better - reasons to want him.

So we can assume that he managed to kick her out of his room before she could maul him completely? Thank goodness... the face-sucking was more than enough to scar me.

AQ
            Yeah. That morning-after scene was one of the audition scenes for Otho, and there were a couple lines that were rather awkwardly cut from the episode.
            Spoiler:
            Otho asked what Sheppard did when Mara came to his room, and Sheppard said he sent her packing. Then that was noted as significant to Otho, and you find out why later in the scene.
            It's quite frustrating that the lines were cut, especially since there was a bit of a hole left because they cut to a reaction to a line that wasn't there.
            Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler84
              Oh, I'm sorry about the seriousness of life. That can happen sometimes. Hope you find GW a nice, non-serious break from life!

And *sigh* I'll just have to be patient for that vid. But SEVEN MINUTES?! Hot damn, woman. You trying to make us all squee to death?
              For a while, I was referring to this one as the Vid of Insanity™. This is probably why I've been happy to let it sit for six weeks. I will be finishing it, but it may take a while.

Anyway, this vid was the reason that I made the File o' Ship on my hard drive. I was concerned that I might not have enough footage for a vid this long. Boy, was I wrong.
              Melyanna's Multimedia

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                (The conversation on the rock in "Quagmire," in particular, comes to mind!)
                Or the one in 'Detour' *Jeremiah was a bullfrog*

Hot Zone: I don't know what it is about this episode that makes me love it so much. Maybe the fact that they pull off tension while not in the same room.

Before I Sleep: We got two balcony scenes, plus reassurance that when something weird is going on, John's first concern is Elizabeth's well-being.
                Yes, yes and yes. That bolded part of the quote, yeah, on the comm even TPTB acknowledged that 'Joe is doing all this without Torri and Torri's doing all of this without Joe being there' then he babbles some more about something significant but cant remember right now cos I have to leave... kbai
                ~Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the true warmth. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Tinuviel Undomiel
                  I'm not sure if this is known on here or not, but the people on the Teyla/Dex forum are celebrating about an interview Rachel Luttrel had. When asked about Sheyla Rachel said that they did hint at it this season, but she feels certain that the writers aren't going to do anything about it anymore. She said that they were going to focus on Ronon Teyla, whether that meant ship wise or character wise she didn't know.
                  That interview made my hubby very happy as he loves Ronon and Teyla together. He didn't like Teyla at all in season 1, but this year he says those two just "click" and he loves scenes between them (especially that salad scene).

John and Teyla lost all of the chemistry they had in the beginning of Season One this season. In fact they lost it during season one.
                  I never saw it at all, and I looked for it.

I think next season we'll see more Shweir and more Teyla/Dex. I doubt much SHeyla will be shown, if any at all. But the Sheyla fans will see what they want to see no matter how dumb it is.
                  Yep.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by dark_faith
                    I was about to say that. When I first watch the pilot I was waiting for Teyla/Sheppard ship 'cause TPTB announced there would be some 'romantic interest'. But I saw nothing. Really nothing, no UST, no romance, no chemistry as a couple... nope. But I instantly fall in love with the Sparky! Tension, tension, tension, waving, fighting, smilling... seriously Weir and Shepp were just so doing it! When I finished the pilot I thought I was crazy and I would ship yet another non existant ship. And then I came on internet and a huge fandom appeared from the shepp/Weir ship. YAY
                    I forced myself to ship sheyla..but I never got obsessed or anything. I wanted to see it but it wasn't happening. Then I saw sparky And I wasn't even trying to... it was just there, all along!
                    I agree... sparky has all the parts of a growing relationship that you mentioned........and had it when TPTB weren't even planning on it.

Comment

I guess I'm lucky in that I didn't read a whole lot of info on Atlantis before it premiered and didn't know anything about shep/Teyla. When it came to the cave scene in Rising and forehead touching at the end they did nothing for me. I didn't really know what they were trying to do with the characters.

I remember in the first balcony scene between Shep/Weir in Rising though I saw chemistry. At the time I wasn't looking for ship and didn't expect it even and I didn't consider it shippy. It really wasn't until The Eye that I decided I liked shep/Weir ship.

Comment

Originally posted by SGLAB
                        I guess I'm lucky in that I didn't read a whole lot of info on Atlantis before it premiered and didn't know anything about shep/Teyla. When it came to the cave scene in Rising and forehead touching at the end they did nothing for me. I didn't really know what they were trying to do with the characters.

I remember in the first balcony scene between Shep/Weir in Rising though I saw chemistry. At the time I wasn't looking for ship and didn't expect it even and I didn't consider it shippy. It really wasn't until The Eye that I decided I liked shep/Weir ship.
                        oohhh me too!!! but i did kinda look into it!!!! but it was when i first saw the photos of Torri and Joe....Torri especially... i knew that i was sold on sparky!!!!!
                        ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Since everyone is talking about UST and what they thought I though you guys might like this interview I found. I really don't know if this has been posted before. If it has please ignore.

Sheppard and Weir are primed to be the Kirk and Spock (emotional versus
                          logical) as well as the Mulder and Scully (skeptic versus believer) of the new
                          series. Mr. Flanigan even looks a little like David Duchovny from some angles.
                          And Ms. Higginson, like Mr. Duchovny's X-Files costar, Gillian Anderson, is
                          attractive in in an understated way and wears a lot of business suits. So do
                          they, uh, like each other?
                          "We find that the audience preceives sexual tension when we didn't see it," Mr.
                          Wright [Brad Wright, co-creator] said. "You don't even have to plant it."
                          (Well, surely, there were some meaningful looks exchanged by Sheppard and
                          Teyla, the Athosiasns' beautiful leader, played by Rachel Luttrell.)

Whole article
                          http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...39edf6623b2fc6

But what I don't get is how would they know what the audience sees if it hadn't yet aired. Is confused.
                          What I find interesting is that they even admit that there's something there. But of course Sheyla had to be mentioned.
                          sigpic
                          My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                            perfect!..thanks for that!...It's good to tknow that they're definately aware that there is sexual tension between the two when they obviously never indended there to be... and the ship they were trying to push has been 'pushed' back into the background...hehe. Maybe they'll wake up and smell the roses and finally write something that has a little 'spark'...
                            hh

Torri Higginson on Elizabeth Weir: "She likes to pilfer things from all the little neigbouring planets; That's cute, carve me one now!"

LEADERSHIP: Why fix what ain't broke? Save Elizabeth Weir

Keep Elizabeth Weir as a REGULAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruined_puzzle
                              Since everyone is talking about UST and what they thought I though you guys might like this interview I found. I really don't know if this has been posted before. If it has please ignore.

Sheppard and Weir are primed to be the Kirk and Spock (emotional versus
                              logical) as well as the Mulder and Scully (skeptic versus believer) of the new
                              series. Mr. Flanigan even looks a little like David Duchovny from some angles.
                              And Ms. Higginson, like Mr. Duchovny's X-Files costar, Gillian Anderson, is
                              attractive in in an understated way and wears a lot of business suits. So do
                              they, uh, like each other?
                              "We find that the audience preceives sexual tension when we didn't see it," Mr.
                              Wright [Brad Wright, co-creator] said. "You don't even have to plant it."
                              (Well, surely, there were some meaningful looks exchanged by Sheppard and
                              Teyla, the Athosiasns' beautiful leader, played by Rachel Luttrell.)

Whole article
                              http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...39edf6623b2fc6

But what I don't get is how would they know what the audience sees if it hadn't yet aired. Is confused.
                              What I find interesting is that they even admit that there's something there. But of course Sheyla had to be mentioned.
                              That is an interesting article. As for audience reactions before it has even aired, they might have had pre-screenings of the pilot. I'm not sure, I know they do pre-screening for movies to guage audience reactions of Work in Progress films.

Either way, Sparky stands out the most.
                              ~Athena

Comment

it was a very strange article... i guess that it was different for everyone... but Sheyla did nothing for me at all... it was all SPARKY!!!! in rising...
                                ..::!SAVE DR. ELIZABETH WEIR!::..

Comment

Working...
                                X