Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Ah, don't mind those linguistically challenged, transported yankees! Everyone in their right mind knows a "sack" is what things go into! And I shouldn't even have to tell you guys how this post is totally on topic in relation to John and Elizabeth.
    Of course we know it is! Even if it's very unPG thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
      Of course we know it is! Even if it's very unPG thoughts.
      Well, I was thinking totally 'G' thoughts about how he put her Birthday present in a 'sack'...but if you guys insist on thinking in other directions...well...I certainly won't be held responsible...

Comment

Actually honey, if you're from the deep south as I am, it's neither. When you ask for a soft drink down this 'a way you ask for 'Coke' and then you're asked, 'What kind?'
        I'm actually a California transplant, so I still say, "soda". My hub says "Coke" though - he's a good Southern Boy.

"Sack"

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I totally missed that possible touching thing! I gotta go back and watch again!

Actually honey, if you're from the deep south as I am, it's neither. When you ask for a soft drink down this 'a way you ask for 'Coke' and then you're asked, 'What kind?'
          Oh, dear lord, when I lived in Florida, that was the bane of my existence. I remember the first time I went to a night party at the Magic Kingdom and asked for a Coke (meaning a Coke) and being asked, "Sure! What kind?" *insert blank stare here* "...a Coke?" Being a Seattleite, I call it "pop," but I get solidly laughed at for that here in SoCal.
          "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
          My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

haha being from the midwest I say "pop" but since I moved out east everyone is like "wtf?"

touch? I suppose its spoilery but not at all and since most people are posting pics except IT I will post it and take it down if anyones offended but its "the touch that may or may not have been seen around the world" Im inclined to say yah b/c he looks down as he moves forward.
            Citizen of Braneville

Comment

You know what the crazy thing about the soda/pop/Coke conversation is? We've had it at least once before in this thread.

My two cents: lived long enough in the South that I still call everything carbonated Coke. My friends now in Chicago think I'm crazy when I say I ask what kind of Coke they want.

Anyway. Good observations, Bama, on Elizabeth and touch. When I get around to the vid I mentioned yesterday, I may PM you for some input on scenes to use. (What, you people expect me to come up with seven minutes of footage on my own? )
              Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
              Last update: 14 April 2006
              Melyanna's Multimedia
              Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

*turns around* Wait... when did this thread pass 16,000? Holy Crap, I could have sworn we were in the lower 15,000 last week.

Comment

Well, I don't say any of that soda / pop / coke stuff. Unless I want cream soda or coke I alsk for a fizzy drink, or a soft drink. I tend to ask for a can of fizzy.
                  Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
                    You know what the crazy thing about the soda/pop/Coke conversation is? We've had it at least once before in this thread.

My two cents: lived long enough in the South that I still call everything carbonated Coke. My friends now in Chicago think I'm crazy when I say I ask what kind of Coke they want.

Anyway. Good observations, Bama, on Elizabeth and touch. When I get around to the vid I mentioned yesterday, I may PM you for some input on scenes to use. (What, you people expect me to come up with seven minutes of footage on my own? )
                    I knew the whole coke/soda/pop convo popped up once before. I was having some deja vu moments.

Good to know I'm not going insane. I guess it just shows some of us have been hanging in this thread for a long time.
                    ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
                      *turns around* Wait... when did this thread pass 16,000? Holy Crap, I could have sworn we were in the lower 15,000 last week.
                      I think you can blame the "TLG" spoilers for the sudden jump in posts over the last week.

So if "TLG" spoilers can get us to post that much and nearly kill GW. Imagine when the episode airs. KABOOM!
                      ~Athena

Comment

I think the server will collapse. Again.
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

As for Elizabeth and John 'accidentally' touching...I'm convinced by her reactions when he's close or lightly touching her that those tinny things really effect her but it's odd that she allows them to only with him. Elizabeth seems rather affectionate. She pats beckett and rodney on the back or arm but only with john do you literally see her *react* to proximity or touch. I like watching her face when he does those little things. There's a subtle but still noticable reaction.

Bama, I was just about to respond to the whole "coke what kind issue". I am from the deep south too. **hugs to my southern friend** When I got to the north, I could not understand what soda/pop was. LOL
                          Love Lorne | Sparky! | Open_Com

Comment

Okay, just watched GUP again, and
                            Spoiler:
                            I'm afraid I didn't see where y'all were talking about touching... it seemed like he was just standing too far away from her to reach across without it being blatantly obvious (lots of shoulder movement).
                            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
                            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by Bladefanatic
                              Bama, I was just about to respond to the whole "coke what kind issue". I am from the deep south too. **hugs to my southern friend** When I got to the north, I could not understand what soda/pop was. LOL
                              You silly goose! It's sooo soda!

"But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence." ~In memory of Whistler84...loved and missed but never, never forgotten. Safe journey, my dear friend. Love you.

HIC COMITAS REGIT How long until Shore Leave 29???

Comment

Not Alone, chapter 2
                                This fabulous fic looks like it's turned into a WIP. Author's looking for ideas, so go read, review and leave ideas

When i hear 'Coke' i think of the white chalky stuff. Could be a sign it's time to move

Comment

Working...
                                X