No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
    I keep meaning to watch Motherland.
    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Ooh, that sounds interesting!! Well, except for the plot holes.
    Definitely watch it if you get a chance. It's streaming on Hulu.

Hope the ferry schedule wasn’t too crazy SK. I need to do some supply raiding but my journey is much easier
    Fortunately, the ferries were behaving themselves. We were only a few minutes late going both ways.

I’m heading out to a Boozy Cauldron Cocktail experience this evening. Off to find my witch hat
    Ooooh, that sounds like fun! Hope you had a great time!

It got down into the 40s overnight. Aaaaah, I'm so happy.

Although I have to go to a cookout on Sunday and it's supposed to be hot and humid on that day. But it's almost fall!!!!
    Ick, Sunday doesn't sound fun. Try to stay cool! At least it's outdoors, so there's always a chance of a breeze.

At last! The most wonderful time of year is almost here! *does a happy dance*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Ick, Sunday doesn't sound fun. Try to stay cool! At least it's outdoors, so there's always a chance of a breeze.
      And it's my sister-in-law's family that will be coming as well as my own. One of her sisters tends to ... shall we say... annoy me. And the group is small - 12 altogether - so it's not like I can just avoid her. *sigh* Family.

At last! The most wonderful time of year is almost here! *does a happy dance*
      YES!!!!!!! The best time of the year!!

If this was Discord, I'd insert a gif of a minion dancing around.

Comment

I'm obsessed with the TvTropes for SGA episodes. They are just so awesome! I'm reading the one for The Eye right now. SQUEE!!

ETA: Here's one in The Storm:
        • Please, I Will Do Anything!: When Koyla threatens to kill Elizabeth, Sheppard abruptly switches from baiting Koyla to begging him not to hurt her. The episode ends with him screaming that he'll give him whatever he wants.
          Sheppard: "Kolya? Kolya? I'll give you a ship! I'll fly it out of here for you myself! KOLYA!"
        Last edited by JT-2; 03 September 2022, 03:56 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!!! Good luck to everyone's teams!

And it's my sister-in-law's family that will be coming as well as my own. One of her sisters tends to ... shall we say... annoy me. And the group is small - 12 altogether - so it's not like I can just avoid her. *sigh* Family.
          Aw, nuts.

YES!!!!!!! The best time of the year!!

If this was Discord, I'd insert a gif of a minion dancing around.

I'm obsessed with the TvTropes for SGA episodes. They are just so awesome! I'm reading the one for The Eye right now. SQUEE!!

ETA: Here's one in The Storm:
          • Please, I Will Do Anything!: When Koyla threatens to kill Elizabeth, Sheppard abruptly switches from baiting Koyla to begging him not to hurt her. The episode ends with him screaming that he'll give him whatever he wants.
            Sheppard: "Kolya? Kolya? I'll give you a ship! I'll fly it out of here for you myself! KOLYA!"
          ZOMG! I have so much fun every time I go on that site, there's so many fun things to read.

And really, Sheppard's reaction just seals the deal for Sparky. How anyone can not see it after watching that episode is beyond me.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATURDAY!!!! Good luck to everyone's teams!

And really, Sheppard's reaction just seals the deal for Sparky. How anyone can not see it after watching that episode is beyond me.

Agreed!!

When I Was Rewatching Stargate Atlantis a Few Months Ago. I Noticed it Even More ..
            Last edited by america126; 06 September 2022, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Wish me luck at my family cookout!

ZOMG! I have so much fun every time I go on that site, there's so many fun things to read.

Oh absolutely!! Those were the first SGA episodes I watched. I mean, it's based on Die Hard, yes? QED

Here's another one from that site:
              • No Sense of Personal Space: Sheppard and Weir, which is particularly noticeable as they're normally in a professional setting. The fact Elizabeth has no problem with John sitting behind or even on her desk when they're discussing city matters is definitely unusual for a commander and her 2 in command.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Wish me luck at my family cookout!
                Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Oh absolutely!! Those were the first SGA episodes I watched. I mean, it's based on Die Hard, yes? QED
                If it wasn't officially, it totally is unofficially. Yippee Ki yay!

Here's another one from that site:
                • No Sense of Personal Space: Sheppard and Weir, which is particularly noticeable as they're normally in a professional setting. The fact Elizabeth has no problem with John sitting behind or even on her desk when they're discussing city matters is definitely unusual for a commander and her 2 in command.
                Yup. I mean, come on! Who does that?

And now...the season's first College Football Roundup! It was a mostly good week as USC ate Rice for lunch 66-14, Virginia Tech fell to Old Dominion 20-17 (good thing SR has moving into the new house to distract her!), Tennessee steamrolled Ball State 59-10, Rhode Island smacked Stony Brook 35-14, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy fell to Delaware 14-7 and Air Force flew circles around Northern Iowa 48-17. On to next week!

Comment

If it wasn't officially, it totally is unofficially. Yippee Ki yay!

Yup. I mean, come on! Who does that?
                  I certainly never did that with any boss I ever had!!

And now...the season's first College Football Roundup! It was a mostly good week as USC ate Rice for lunch 66-14, Virginia Tech fell to Old Dominion 20-17 (good thing SR has moving into the new house to distract her!), Tennessee steamrolled Ball State 59-10, Rhode Island smacked Stony Brook 35-14, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Navy fell to Delaware 14-7 and Air Force flew circles around Northern Iowa 48-17. On to next week!
                  Go on Rhode Island!! Some of those scores are so lopsided, though! OMG! 66-14??? Ouch.

Professional football starts next week. The pessimist in me is afraid both the Patriots and the Raiders are going to lose. They're both playing teams that could easily best them.

Comment

Ola... I went AWOL for a couple of days it seems... I may or may not have dislocated my jaw last week which resulted in an emergency visit to the dentist cause I thought it was my teeth but they confirmed it wasn't my teeth but most likely my jaw... so now I have to wait until tomorrow to get a doctor's appointment to confirm that.

In the meantime, I have a very sensitive jaw so I'm limited to eating soft things. Things that don't need too much chewing. And I can't drink all of my mini bitter soda cans cause they are excellent cold compresses.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Ola... I went AWOL for a couple of days it seems... I may or may not have dislocated my jaw last week which resulted in an emergency visit to the dentist cause I thought it was my teeth but they confirmed it wasn't my teeth but most likely my jaw... so now I have to wait until tomorrow to get a doctor's appointment to confirm that.

In the meantime, I have a very sensitive jaw so I'm limited to eating soft things. Things that don't need too much chewing. And I can't drink all of my mini bitter soda cans cause they are excellent cold compresses.
                      Ouch!! I'm so sorry you're experiencing that. Sounds very painful. I hope the doctor can help somehow.

Comment

Might we ask, how did you manage to do that FH?

No, that is the wrong question. Of course we can ask. The question is might you tell us how you managed to dislocate, or not dislocate your jaw?
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Go on Rhode Island!! Some of those scores are so lopsided, though! OMG! 66-14??? Ouch.
                          Yeah, that game was wild. It was pretty evenly matched for the first half. Then to start the second half, we intercepted and ran it back for a touchdown. Then as soon as Rice got the ball back, we did it again. Rice got the ball back and this time, they managed to hang onto it for a few plays before we intercepted yet AGAIN (though it took another play for us to get the ball in the end zone). Rice basically collapsed at that point. If Coach Riley can keep pulling off scores like that for the rest of the season, I think we'll be nominating him for sainthood.

Professional football starts next week. The pessimist in me is afraid both the Patriots and the Raiders are going to lose. They're both playing teams that could easily best them.
                          Think good thoughts! Think good thoughts!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Whoa! Not sure I want to know how you managed that... Still, good excuse for getting lots of milkshakes! Hope you're feeling better soon! *hugs*

Comment

After a whole summer of drought, we are now getting more rain than we can handle. Parts to the North of me are already quite flooded in the streets. Luckily, I'm okay here.

Yeah, that game was wild. It was pretty evenly matched for the first half. Then to start the second half, we intercepted and ran it back for a touchdown. Then as soon as Rice got the ball back, we did it again. Rice got the ball back and this time, they managed to hang onto it for a few plays before we intercepted yet AGAIN (though it took another play for us to get the ball in the end zone). Rice basically collapsed at that point. If Coach Riley can keep pulling off scores like that for the rest of the season, I think we'll be nominating him for sainthood.

Poor Rice, though.

Think good thoughts! Think good thoughts!
                            Not my strong suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                              Might we ask, how did you manage to do that FH?

No, that is the wrong question. Of course we can ask. The question is might you tell us how you managed to dislocate, or not dislocate your jaw?
                              Well, as you may or may not know I am hyper-flexible to begin with so I'm rather bendy to start with. I once dislocated my collarbone playing golf on my Wii gaming console. When I twist my ankles, I don't feel any pain cause I'm just able to bend them far enough that it doesn't hurt at all.

I can bend most of my fingers backwards in a 90° angle |_ without feeling the force. Comes in handy when my hand slips off my steeringwheel in the car and my pinky is the last finger to try and hold on and then gets folded backwards instead.

However, this jaw-event took place about a week ago. When I'm stressed out I bite my teeth and sometimes I wake up with painful jaws, knowing that I bit down hard during the night. So, I woke up with my jaw cramped up so hard that I probably gave those particular muscles a bad day when I forced it open.

I've had this happen to me before, once even where I couldn't open my jaw for a few hours until my muscles relaxed again -- made for an awkward breakfast. But that was more than 25 years ago and I'm not a spring chicken anymore.

I sincerely hope I didn't rip any muscles -- just stretched them too far in their cramped state.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well I hope you will be fully recovered & back to normal again soon.
                                And please try to take better care of yourself, we do miss you when you are not here, & worry about you.

Lemmings who are Lemmings, and not spring chickens, need all the care they can get.
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Working...
                                X