No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I haven't decided on whether I want to see the new Thor in the theater or not. I mean, what's Thor without Loki? And I never really cared much about Jane so I don't care that she's returning. I don't know. *shrugs* There will probably come a day that is so unbearably hot that my air conditioning units can't keep up and I'll want to get into a nice, cold theater.
    What's Thor without Loki? That seems to be kind of the point about L&T, Thor coming to terms with what he's been through and what his place is in the universe and all that. As for Jane, well, blame the writing in her previous two outings for her blandness. Natalie Portman came back for this one because Taika finally gave Jane a meaty storyline. I know how the comics version ended, I'm looking forward to seeing how the film version plays out.

Me too!! Scenes like that are why I've never bought the idea that the writers had zero idea what the were doing in their John/Elizabeth scenes. They just HAD to know how shippy that moment would be. They had to. I refuse to believe anyone can be that dumb. (Perhaps I'm giving that crowd too much credit.)
    Ohhh yeah, they knew. They just wanted to be jerky jerks and jerk us around with it.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Early day for me...argh...
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Watching the Tour de France is bad for my heart... when riders fall or almost fall... goddess...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

SK, you're up early!!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          That poor voice in the back of their collective skulls lost its voice screaming the obvious.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          What's Thor without Loki? That seems to be kind of the point about L&T, Thor coming to terms with what he's been through and what his place is in the universe and all that. As for Jane, well, blame the writing in her previous two outings for her blandness. Natalie Portman came back for this one because Taika finally gave Jane a meaty storyline. I know how the comics version ended, I'm looking forward to seeing how the film version plays out.
          Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. What I really meant is... what is my interest with Thor without Loki also being there. Thor's great, but he doesn't make me want to watch a whole movie about him. It's just a personal preference. *shrugs*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
          Ohhh yeah, they knew. They just wanted to be jerky jerks and jerk us around with it.
          Those jerks!

Carl Binder knew and wrote it purposefully. Gero knew and wrote it accidentally.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

SK, you're up early!!
            And boy was I tired at the end of it. But we got lots of stuff!

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. What I really meant is... what is my interest with Thor without Loki also being there. Thor's great, but he doesn't make me want to watch a whole movie about him. It's just a personal preference. *shrugs*
            Ah, I understand now. Honestly, it's kinda what I've been feeling about the MCU in general without Iron Man. Even with all the interesting story ideas they're coming up with, I end up not watching when the release date drops. *joins you on the shrug train*

Those jerks!

Carl Binder knew and wrote it purposefully. Gero knew and wrote it accidentally.
            Ain't it funny how things work out?

Comment

My friend can't go see the minions movie until next week. But I want to see it noooooooooooow!!

I watched The Pegasus Project yesterday. Wish we could have seen more interaction between SG-1 and Atlantis. There was this story I read once where Cam and Elizabeth end up kissing, John finds out, Vala tries to seduce him. It's good stuff, but I can't find it anywhere. I searched AO3 but it's not there. It must have been on LiveJournal so good luck to me for finding it.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              And boy was I tired at the end of it. But we got lots of stuff!
              Yay for productivity!! I hope you were able to sleep well the next night.

Ah, I understand now. Honestly, it's kinda what I've been feeling about the MCU in general without Iron Man. Even with all the interesting story ideas they're coming up with, I end up not watching when the release date drops. *joins you on the shrug train*
              Yes, exactly. I haven't been a huge MCU fan in general. I've seen maybe 1/3 of all the movies. I get hyperfixated on a character or relationship and then everything else is just filler.

As for Thor, I know many people think he's the hottest thing ever but he's too muscle-y for me. I actually think Chris Hemsworth looks much nicer when he's not so built up. Also, I do have my tendency towards anti-hero types.

Ain't it funny how things work out?
              Remember in the audio commentary for Coup D'etat when Gero makes the comment at the end scene saying something like "so, you think they're going to hook up after this?" The man saw it.
              Last edited by JT-2; 07 July 2022, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

My friend can't go see the minions movie until next week. But I want to see it noooooooooooow!!
                I know the feeling!

I watched The Pegasus Project yesterday. Wish we could have seen more interaction between SG-1 and Atlantis. There was this story I read once where Cam and Elizabeth end up kissing, John finds out, Vala tries to seduce him. It's good stuff, but I can't find it anywhere. I searched AO3 but it's not there. It must have been on LiveJournal so good luck to me for finding it.
                Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar, but it's been so long since I read any SG fic that I have no idea what it was called or where it might be.

Yay for productivity!! I hope you were able to sleep well the next night.
                Slept like a LOG. Then got woken up by a noisy cloudburst of rain the next morning. Ahhhh...

Yes, exactly. I haven't been a huge MCU fan in general. I've seen maybe 1/3 of all the movies. I get hyperfixated on a character or relationship and then everything else is just filler.
                Yep!

As for Thor, I know many people think he's the hottest thing ever but he's too muscle-y for me. I actually think Chris Hemsworth looks much nicer when he's not so built up. Also, I do have my tendency towards anti-hero types.
                Yeah, it's not healthy what these actors like Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, Henry Cavill, and all have to do to make themselves look so ripped on screen.

I go in for the heroes, for the most part, but I do like some depth to them, you know?

Remember in the audio commentary for Coup D'etat when Gero makes the comment at the end scene saying something like "so, you think they're going to hook up after this?" The man saw it.
                *snorts*

Comment

Yay happy Friday. We made it, lol. Now I want to watch misbegotten! I’ve had a week of overcommitment, is that even proper English? Lol. My brain is fried. I underestimated the demands of grad school, at least balanced with work and kid and life. But…after cramming way to much into a week I’m going backpacking tomorrow and I can’t wait to unplug. Maybe Sunday night I can get some episodes in.

Or watch Thor. I forgot it was this weekend til I saw your post. I really do want to watch it soon. Spoilers are too tempting.

Comment

Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar, but it's been so long since I read any SG fic that I have no idea what it was called or where it might be.
                    If I find it, I'll post it here. I have tons of bookmarks for Sparky fic, but there are so many I can't figure out which one it would be. I wish I had concocted a better system for my bookmarks. Like made a document with descriptions of each fic that I could then search through. That's too much like work, though.

Yep!
                    I suppose we wouldn't be here if we weren't the types to get hyperfixated.

Yeah, it's not healthy what these actors like Hemsworth, Jason Momoa, Henry Cavill, and all have to do to make themselves look so ripped on screen.
                    Oh, absolutely!! Then they dehydrate themselves to make the muscles look more defined. That's just not good for you.

I go in for the heroes, for the most part, but I do like some depth to them, you know?
                    Absolutely!! I wouldn't care so much about John Sheppard if Joe hadn't brought so much depth to him. He could have been very one-note.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
                    Yay happy Friday. We made it, lol. Now I want to watch misbegotten! I’ve had a week of overcommitment, is that even proper English? Lol. My brain is fried. I underestimated the demands of grad school, at least balanced with work and kid and life. But…after cramming way to much into a week I’m going backpacking tomorrow and I can’t wait to unplug. Maybe Sunday night I can get some episodes in.

Or watch Thor. I forgot it was this weekend til I saw your post. I really do want to watch it soon. Spoilers are too tempting.
                    I hope your mind is cleared by the backpacking!! Sounds like you need a break.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen any Thor spoilers on Tumblr. Like, at all. Which is weird, because usually everything gets spoiled in the first hour of something coming out.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post

Yay backpacking trip! Sounds like it'll be just the thing

I caved and went in search of spoilers. I'm pleased with what I read. Still gonna wait until it hits Disney+, but it looks good.

Absolutely!! I wouldn't care so much about John Sheppard if Joe hadn't brought so much depth to him. He could have been very one-note.
                      SGA would never have made it five seasons if Joe had just phoned it in, that's for sure.

Surprisingly, I haven't seen any Thor spoilers on Tumblr. Like, at all. Which is weird, because usually everything gets spoiled in the first hour of something coming out.
                      I think fandom (or at least the corner of it on Tumblr) is still broken after Endgame. At least, that's my theory.

Comment

I wanted to watch one of Goran Visnjic's old shows - Red Widow. It's free to watch on ABC, so I thought that was great! I didn't want to spend money on it, as it's a truly bad show, but he's so damn hot in it that it's criminal. Anyway, at the first break they played SIX commercials. I gave up.

I caved and went in search of spoilers. I'm pleased with what I read. Still gonna wait until it hits Disney+, but it looks good.
                        I caved and searched for them too. I saw very mixed reviews. I still haven't decided whether to see it in the theater or not. It's supposed to hit 90 degrees this week, so we'll see. That's the temp where my air conditioners can no longer keep up. I have a gift card to my local theater, so it won't cost me anything.

I think fandom (or at least the corner of it on Tumblr) is still broken after Endgame. At least, that's my theory.
                        I like that theory!! I'm still bummed about how they ended it too. Not as much as you, obviously, but I thought it particularly cruel to give Tony a little girl and then have him die. I lost my dad as a teen - I don't approve of it being done for entertainment value.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I wanted to watch one of Goran Visnjic's old shows - Red Widow. It's free to watch on ABC, so I thought that was great! I didn't want to spend money on it, as it's a truly bad show, but he's so damn hot in it that it's criminal. Anyway, at the first break they played SIX commercials. I gave up.
                          Ugh, I hate it when they do that!

I caved and searched for them too. I saw very mixed reviews. I still haven't decided whether to see it in the theater or not. It's supposed to hit 90 degrees this week, so we'll see. That's the temp where my air conditioners can no longer keep up. I have a gift card to my local theater, so it won't cost me anything.
                          I went to r/marvelstudios on Reddit as I figured the fans would have a better feel for what most of us ordinary people want to see as opposed to the hoity-toity film critics. Pretty much the only universal complaint I saw was that the middle part seemed to drag a bit, and Christian Bale's villain didn't get enough screentime, which is typical for Marvel films (reportedly a lot of stuff was cut for run time; again, typical ).

I like that theory!! I'm still bummed about how they ended it too. Not as much as you, obviously, but I thought it particularly cruel to give Tony a little girl and then have him die. I lost my dad as a teen - I don't approve of it being done for entertainment value.
                          *hugs you tight* I'm sorry about your dad. We all know we're going to lose our parents someday, but when it happens when you're young, that's really hard. *more hugs*

From the comments on Reddit, a few people had similar issues with a certain aspect of Jane's storyline (I think you can guess which one); not that they disliked it, they just wished they'd had some warning it was coming. I get what filmmakers are aiming for, they want to make the stories "realistic" and "emotional" but most of us want to be entertained, not depressed.

Comment

Later today I have to go over to my sister's house to help her with her technology problems again. Lord, grant me patience. She's not old enough to be as tech ignorant as she is. Last time she asked if it was safe to click on links in emails. She thought, for some reason, that emails were safer than text messages.

I went to r/marvelstudios on Reddit as I figured the fans would have a better feel for what most of us ordinary people want to see as opposed to the hoity-toity film critics. Pretty much the only universal complaint I saw was that the middle part seemed to drag a bit, and Christian Bale's villain didn't get enough screentime, which is typical for Marvel films (reportedly a lot of stuff was cut for run time; again, typical ).
                            Yeah that was a good idea to go there. I searched on Tumblr, but people on Tumblr can be cranky types. (Hence, why I fit in there so well ). Still, I'm surprised I haven't seen a single spoiler without searching for it.

*hugs you tight* I'm sorry about your dad. We all know we're going to lose our parents someday, but when it happens when you're young, that's really hard. *more hugs*

From the comments on Reddit, a few people had similar issues with a certain aspect of Jane's storyline (I think you can guess which one); not that they disliked it, they just wished they'd had some warning it was coming. I get what filmmakers are aiming for, they want to make the stories "realistic" and "emotional" but most of us want to be entertained, not depressed.
                            Thanks. *glomps you*

And yes, I want to be entertained! There are some films where I want realism, and others where I want a happy ending. Just like with SGA - I didn't want "realism". I wanted happy endings!!! (And of course, the fact that John with his gazillion suicide missions ends up always surviving is the opposite of realism).

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Later today I have to go over to my sister's house to help her with her technology problems again. Lord, grant me patience. She's not old enough to be as tech ignorant as she is. Last time she asked if it was safe to click on links in emails. She thought, for some reason, that emails were safer than text messages.
                              Oh dear.

Yeah that was a good idea to go there. I searched on Tumblr, but people on Tumblr can be cranky types. (Hence, why I fit in there so well ). Still, I'm surprised I haven't seen a single spoiler without searching for it.
                              "Cranky." Yeah, that's a good word for us.

Yeah, it is kind of weird that there's nothing just randomly popping up yet. Maybe some of the angriest of us have simply moved on from the MCU. (or in my case, moved back to an old dead fandom from 20 years ago that has always been a warm happy sweater of comfort. Thank Dagdha for the Mystic Knights. )

Thanks. *glomps you*

And yes, I want to be entertained! There are some films where I want realism, and others where I want a happy ending. Just like with SGA - I didn't want "realism". I wanted happy endings!!! (And of course, the fact that John with his gazillion suicide missions ends up always surviving is the opposite of realism).
                              So. True. Seriously, I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a meme for it yet.

Comment

I'm finally going to see the new minions movie on Tuesday afternoon!!!!

"Cranky." Yeah, that's a good word for us.

Yeah, it is kind of weird that there's nothing just randomly popping up yet. Maybe some of the angriest of us have simply moved on from the MCU. (or in my case, moved back to an old dead fandom from 20 years ago that has always been a warm happy sweater of comfort. Thank Dagdha for the Mystic Knights. )
                                I dabble in multiple fandoms. It's fun to branch out to new things and also see your mutuals branch out as well. Although it's not always good. I have a Hunger Games mutual (who was also a Daniel/Vala fan so that was one way we connected). We both moved on to Once Upon A Time, but for vastly different reasons. She posted some thoughts on the show today that totally got my ire up. But for the sake of harmony, I let it go. I didn't see the point of arguing. She's not going to change her mind and I'm not going to change mine. Bygones and all that.

So. True. Seriously, I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with a meme for it yet.
                                Right?!?!?!

OMG I have ideas.

I actually made them but they're too big so you have to click on them.

https://next.photobucket.com/u/mathg...5-cd69bcdbc16b

https://next.photobucket.com/u/mathg...e-95de047b854b

I put them on Tumblr too.
                                Last edited by JT-2; 11 July 2022, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X