No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emerged from the woods and back to the land of cell service after doing a little backpacking this weekend. Am tired, lol.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    I'm watching The Return now. I need a scene after Rodney tells John about Elizabeth's whole World of Warcraft thing with Bill.

: So, I hear you made quite the impression on Dr. Lee with your geekery.
    omg, just this weekend I was thinking about that as a missing scene, I have a fic I’ve been plotting out.

Also joining team cynic and sarcasm!

Comment

End of the 1st quarter and the Celtics are already down by 11.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
      Hmm...time for a frappuccino?
      I don't like coffee but I did have a Coke and a bunch of Hershey Kisses. That should keep me buzzing for hours. Sugar, sugar, sugar!! Where's our little lemming?

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
      omg, just this weekend I was thinking about that as a missing scene, I have a fic I’ve been plotting out.

Also joining team cynic and sarcasm!
      Great minds think alike! I hope you are able to write it out. I'd love to read it.

And YAY, one more for the team!!

Comment

End of the 3rd and they are down by 1.

Comment

And they have fallen apart in the last quarter, just like last time. They can't make a basket for anything.

Now 13 point spread with 3 minutes left. Stick a fork in it, it's done.

Can't believe I wasted a sugar buzz on this.

(Also, and this is just a personal aside. Stephen Curry should either keep his damn mouth guard in his mouth or just leave it on the bench. He's always chewing on it and it is pissing me off in a major way.)

ETA: It's officially over now. Final score 104-94. The series is now 3-2 against the Celtics. One more loss and they are finished.
          Last edited by JT-2; 13 June 2022, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Sugar, sugar, sugar!! Where's our little lemming?
            You called!

Those Celtics sound like our Red Devils at the moment in the Nations League... Oh boy, they got their behinds handed to them on a gold platter playing the Dutch (4-1), then passed the platter to the Polish team (1-5), gave away the game against the Welsh in the last 4 minutes (1-1) and have to play against the Polish again tonight in their final match in the group phase. I sincerely hope they at least manage to score without getting any balls in theirs.

I generally don't watch those games though caught the first 10 minutes of the game against The Netherlands, and watched most of the game against Wales until they gave the game away in the 86th minute. I literally threw up my hands and left the room with an "Oh god, morons!".
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Geeze, all these horror stories about teams falling apart are So. Darn. Familiar. It's what USC has been doing for the past couple of years! *headdesk* Maybe with the new coach the bleeding will be stopped, but we'll have to see...11 weeks to go until the season starts!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yesterday's match against Poland ended with a win for the Devils but it was a thriller of a match.

Then I read in news today that Hungary is surprisingly leading the "Group of Death" which contains Germany, Italy and England. England lost from Hungary 4 to zip and had one player sent off the field 15 minutes into the 2nd half (one half is 45 minutes + extra time of max 5 minutes) -- 2 yellow cards makes 1 red card so off you pop... and they lost in front of their own fans cause they were playing in the UK.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Yesterday's match against Poland ended with a win for the Devils but it was a thriller of a match.

Then I read in news today that Hungary is surprisingly leading the "Group of Death" which contains Germany, Italy and England. England lost from Hungary 4 to zip and had one player sent off the field 15 minutes into the 2nd half (one half is 45 minutes + extra time of max 5 minutes) -- 2 yellow cards makes 1 red card so off you pop... and they lost in front of their own fans cause they were playing in the UK.
                  *cackles* Ah, England. Never change.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

It is just blistering hot everywhere or is it just the south? Today it was 96 degrees and a heat index of 106. And there is no end in sight. My poor Hvac unit (air conditioning) has not stopped in days and I raised the thermostat as the power company is struggling to keep up with demand. (And the HVAC is about due for replacement-I really hope it hangs on for the summer).

Wednesday is also the night my hiking friends and I meet at the park for two laps, just over 5 miles. We melted. And the forecast looks the same the next ten days.

The bright side? The ice cream truck hit the park. I’ve never been more happy to hear that creepy hello, lol.

Comment

Our icecream truck's tune is so annoying, it makes all the dogs in the neighborhood sing in unison.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                        It is just blistering hot everywhere or is it just the south? Today it was 96 degrees and a heat index of 106. And there is no end in sight. My poor Hvac unit (air conditioning) has not stopped in days and I raised the thermostat as the power company is struggling to keep up with demand. (And the HVAC is about due for replacement-I really hope it hangs on for the summer).

Wednesday is also the night my hiking friends and I meet at the park for two laps, just over 5 miles. We melted. And the forecast looks the same the next ten days. Good for the trees; last year's heat was brutal.

The bright side? The ice cream truck hit the park. I’ve never been more happy to hear that creepy hello, lol.
                        It's been in the low to mid-60s all week, and the long range forecast is showing a cooler than normal summer for the Northlands. Good for the trees, because last year's heat was brutal.

Our icecream truck's tune is so annoying, it makes all the dogs in the neighborhood sing in unison.

Comment

Looks like this will be the last Celtics game. Still in the first half and we're down by 18. Yes, you read that right. 18.

It's been cool here, unlike the rest of the country. I won't complain.

Comment

Well, that sucked. I can't wait until football season!! Regular season starts Sept 11, but there's a preseason game between my local Patriots and my favorite Raiders on August 26.
                            Last edited by JT-2; 16 June 2022, 07:34 PM.

Comment

It is hot, hot, hot!

81° F and rising...

Not at melting temp ... yet... but yesterday was my try-out for the local rope-skipping adult group and well... not my brightest idea this week.

However, the group is ... well... how shall I put it... chaos impersonated seems like an acceptable description so I'm fitting right in. Although my skipping level is a bit (possibly a lot) higher than them but ah well... it's an hour a week of moving.
                              And one of them reminded me of Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

56 degrees and cloudy, with a chance of showers starting at 5pm. Can't complain here.

Well, that sucked. I can't wait until football season!! Regular season starts Sept 11, but there's a preseason game between my local Patriots and my favorite Raiders on August 26.
                                Ah well, there's always next season. As for football, USC starts its season Sept 3. Here's hoping, baby...

It is hot, hot, hot!

81° F and rising...

Not at melting temp ... yet... but yesterday was my try-out for the local rope-skipping adult group and well... not my brightest idea this week.

However, the group is ... well... how shall I put it... chaos impersonated seems like an acceptable description so I'm fitting right in. Although my skipping level is a bit (possibly a lot) higher than them but ah well... it's an hour a week of moving.
                                And one of them reminded me of Professor Trelawny from Harry Potter.
                                Sounds like fun! The world can always use a little more chaos for a good cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X