Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    That's a good point about being prepared for stupid things...got spoiled for a certain death in Avengers: Endgame and in retrospect it was probably a good thing. That way I could just sit there and silently stew rather than throwing my popcorn bucket at the screen.
    Exactly!! Imagine if I'd gone into Infinity War not knowing what would happen to Loki just 5 minutes into it? I should be beyond that now that he has his own series, but I'm not. I'm a Scorpio. We know how to hold a grudge. (So, SGA producers... don't think I will EVER forgive you for what you did. Torri may have forgiven you but she's a nicer person than I am).

Yay! Glad you got to get in one last time before the summer! Bummer for no doggos. But LOL at the surfers! John would be so mocking them.
    Right?? I mean, the waves were maybe 2 feet high, if I'm being extremely generous.

Comment

JT2 I watched Kenobi!!!!! I need to rewatch. I wasnā€™t very focused on the details becauseā€¦things.

Iā€™m onto Stranger Things now, lol.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Exactly!! Imagine if I'd gone into Infinity War not knowing what would happen to Loki just 5 minutes into it? I should be beyond that now that he has his own series, but I'm not. I'm a Scorpio. We know how to hold a grudge. (So, SGA producers... don't think I will EVER forgive you for what you did. Torri may have forgiven you but she's a nicer person than I am).
        Yep. I'm a Celt (ancestors from Ireland and Scotland), so I'm right there with you with knowing how to hold a grudge. And oh, but I celebrate them, I do.

Right?? I mean, the waves were maybe 2 feet high, if I'm being extremely generous.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

After a morning hike and afternoon on the SUP, I was fatigued and adrenalized enough to make a questionable purchase. Picking up a new-to-me mountain bike tomorrow. Now, fingers crossed I can figure out the new bike rack (Iā€™m picking it up in the morning too) in time to pick up my bike. Iā€™m taking my dad as backup, just in case lol.

Comment

Yep. I'm a Celt (ancestors from Ireland and Scotland), so I'm right there with you with knowing how to hold a grudge. And oh, but I celebrate them, I do.
            Grudge sisters!!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
            After a morning hike and afternoon on the SUP, I was fatigued and adrenalized enough to make a questionable purchase. Picking up a new-to-me mountain bike tomorrow. Now, fingers crossed I can figure out the new bike rack (Iā€™m picking it up in the morning too) in time to pick up my bike. Iā€™m taking my dad as backup, just in case lol.
            Good luck with the bike rack! And congrats on your new purchase!!

My latest impulse buy is a T-shirt that says "The sarcasm is strong with this one" in Star Wars font. It seems like it was made for me somehow.

Comment

My latest impulse buy is a T-shirt that says "The sarcasm is strong with this one" in Star Wars font. It seems like it was made for me somehow.

Obi-Wan Kenobi was EPIC!
              Can't wait for the rest of the series.

Oh, anyone watch Prehistoric Planet by any chance? Epic dinosaurs narrated by David Attenborough.
              Velociraptors looking like oversized chickens but so CUTE!
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! ā€‹ā€‹

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                ā€‹ Hope the bike and rack are working out! ā€‹

Grudge sisters!!
                Yup! *fistbumps*

I love it! I think that shirt was made for all of us.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Oh, anyone watch Prehistoric Planet by any chance? Epic dinosaurs narrated by David Attenborough.
                *puts on Alan Grant hat* Until they eat you, of course.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I call my cats velociraptors,lol. I need to check out that show.

We ended up taking my dads big suv to grab the bike and it was good we did. After we got the bike rack on my car we laughed at how we managed to make something easy into something ridiculously hard. Now the bike needs a little TLC but Iā€™m super excited to try it out soon.

Comment

Obi-Wan Kenobi was EPIC!
                    Can't wait for the rest of the series.
                    Wasn't it??? And I just read that the next episode will come out overnight Weds, not Friday like the first episode. If I don't see it right away, someone on Tumblr will inevitably spoil it for me. Some people don't tag properly. Drives me nuts.

I have to admit... I've never cared much about dinosaurs. I know that makes me weird. Among other things.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                    I love it! I think that shirt was made for all of us.
                    The official Sparky thread outfit.

Comment

I have to admit... I've never cared much about dinosaurs. I know that makes me weird. Among other things.
                      ... is shocked! SHOCKED!!

Dinosaurs are so awesome, even if they sometimes look like oversized chickens.

I love dinosaurs. I even have fossils at home of cretaceous creatures that lived millions of years ago.
                      I also have arrow heads from a few thousand years ago but dinosaurs still win.

Comment

No my dear, it does not make you weird or anything else. You can not care about everything.
                        I am pretty sure that if dinosaurs were around today they wouldn't care much about you either, so that makes you even.
                        Last edited by Who Knows; 31 May 2022, 09:20 PM. Reason: missed a 'not' out
                        http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

ā€‹ ā€‹

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

The official Sparky thread outfit.
                          Yep! Worn with the utmost pride and admiration.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                          We ended up taking my dads big suv to grab the bike and it was good we did. After we got the bike rack on my car we laughed at how we managed to make something easy into something ridiculously hard. Now the bike needs a little TLC but Iā€™m super excited to try it out soon.
                          All's well that ends well! Have fun with the new bike!

Comment

... is shocked! SHOCKED!!

Dinosaurs are so awesome, even if they sometimes look like oversized chickens.

I love dinosaurs. I even have fossils at home of cretaceous creatures that lived millions of years ago.
                            I also have arrow heads from a few thousand years ago but dinosaurs still win.
                            I don't know why I never cared about them, even as a kid. Maybe because I've always been more interested in space and the future than the past? I don't know. *shrugs*

That's really cool that you have such old stuff, though!!

Originally posted by Who Knows
                            No my dear, it does make you weird or anything else. You can not care about everything.
                            I am pretty sure that if dinosaurs were around today they wouldn't care much about you either, so that makes you even.
                            I like your take on it! Thanks.
                            Last edited by JT-2; 31 May 2022, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Wait, didn't the original planet where Atlantis was at, have a crustacean the size of a Buick?

Vaguely remember Rodney mentioning that somewhere.

Comment

Wait, didn't the original planet where Atlantis was at, have a crustacean the size of a Buick?

Vaguely remember Rodney mentioning that somewhere.
                                Yes, in Echoes!!

Also there's red-haired Kate!

Part 3 of Kenobi was once again, awesome!! Oh, the angst! I love it so!
                                Last edited by JT-2; 01 June 2022, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X