Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

Kenobi Drops Tomorrow with NOT One But TWO Episodes on Disney Plus!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Open ocean is the BEST!!

Only a few more days until Kenobi!!
      Ocean of sand...

Any of my fellow Americans with a 401k..... I recommend you do NOT check your yearly rate of return. Just checked mine. Why am I such a masochist? I knew it would be bad but I looked anyway.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I hope it doesn't rain tomorrow. It's the last week day before Memorial Day that I can go to my favorite beach without paying a $10 parking fee. There are state parking passes, but my favorite beach is a town beach so I can't purchase a pass for that one.

Comment

Kenobi dropped a few hours early. I won't spoil anything, but I'll just say this:

It was AWESOME!!!!!!

I'll post some thoughts later (with spoiler tags, don't worry), after I've calmed down and processed it all.

Comment

I can do better than the Kenobi drop!

Our Belgian Prop Crew is at Star Wars Celebrations Anaheim this weekend, and Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen sat in our newly build set-up (which is the backdrop for the stage).

The Belgians did it again!!
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Our Belgian Prop Crew is at Star Wars Celebrations Anaheim this weekend, and Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen sat in our newly build set-up (which is the backdrop for the stage).

Wow!!! That is so cool!!!

Comment

Congratulations FH. Why are you not with them? Or do you take it in turns to go to these things?
                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                  Congratulations FH. Why are you not with them? Or do you take it in turns to go to these things?
                  We do indeed take it in turns.

However, I don't do overseas outings like this. My anxiety would probably not survive those 4 to 5 days.
                  You don't have a moment's peace and while I don't mind the hard work -- I think I would not fare well in terms of where my autistic self would end up.

I'd love to be a part of it some day, but I would need a personal assistent to keep me from loosing it, to make sure I take my meds on time and take breaks on time.

I was a part of 2011 edition in Germany, which was an epic adventure.
                  I remember I always thought they were making fun about the fact that the Belgian Prop Crew was seen as part of the stars of the show. However, those 4/5 days in Germany I came to realize they weren't joking. Whenever I dared to appear still wearing my crew shirt, I would be invited to sit with people from all over and I literally didn't pay any of my drinks myself. And mind you... a lot of those people I had no idea who they were so my fellow crew-members would tell me "Oh by the way, you just had drinks with the head of Reed Pop..." and I would go "Who?".
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Okay some thoughts on Kenobi:

Spoiler:

I was so excited to see little Leia. She was so sassy! I loved it. And Jimmy Smits!!

This actually solved what I thought was an error in A New Hope. When Luke rescues Leia he says he brought "Ben Kenobi" and she knows who that is. It didn't make the slightest bit of sense why Leia would know him as "Ben". But now it works! They solved a 45 year old plot hole.

And I didn't realize that Obi-Wan thought Anakin was dead the whole ten years. I guess out in the desert they don't get news reports about that Darth Vader fellow? I thought Obi-Wan heard Palpatine say "Lord Vader" in the security hologram after they break into the Jedi Temple in Revenge of the Sith? Hmmm, I'll have to watch that scene again to confirm. Anyway, Ewan McGregor's facial expression when he found out was... *chef's kiss*.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Gonna wait to see Kenobi until all the episodes are out, so I can just marathon the whole thing. Very good to hear it's already kicking @$$ and taking names.

JT-2, I hope you got to go to your fave beach today before the marauding hordes thunder in!

Epic AwesomeSauce!

We do indeed take it in turns.

However, I don't do overseas outings like this. My anxiety would probably not survive those 4 to 5 days.
                      You don't have a moment's peace and while I don't mind the hard work -- I think I would not fare well in terms of where my autistic self would end up.

I'd love to be a part of it some day, but I would need a personal assistent to keep me from loosing it, to make sure I take my meds on time and take breaks on time.

I was a part of 2011 edition in Germany, which was an epic adventure.
                      I remember I always thought they were making fun about the fact that the Belgian Prop Crew was seen as part of the stars of the show. However, those 4/5 days in Germany I came to realize they weren't joking. Whenever I dared to appear still wearing my crew shirt, I would be invited to sit with people from all over and I literally didn't pay any of my drinks myself. And mind you... a lot of those people I had no idea who they were so my fellow crew-members would tell me "Oh by the way, you just had drinks with the head of Reed Pop..." and I would go "Who?".
                      Heck, I don't recognize most of these people either. Sure, I know the company names, but not the faces behind them.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Gonna wait to see Kenobi until all the episodes are out, so I can just marathon the whole thing. Very good to hear it's already kicking @$$ and taking names.
                        That's definitely a good plan, because I want more NOW. On the other hand, I wanted to go into it unspoiled. I am never unspoiled and so I wanted to try it. It was great, actually, because there were a lot of things I wasn't expecting. On the other hand, sometimes it is good that I get spoiled so that I don't flip my lid when something stupid happens (I'm thinking Rise of Skywalker here. Spoiled myself silly and glad I did. If I hadn't known what was coming I would have made a scene in the theater. )

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        JT-2, I hope you got to go to your fave beach today before the marauding hordes thunder in!
                        I did get to my favorite beach today!! There were no doggos because they aren't allowed between May 15 - September 15. So that kinda sucked. I love dog watching. The waves were pretty weak but there were still people out there trying to surf.

ETA: I just tried to get a state beach parking pass, but you have to actually include a picture of your car's registration. WTH??
                        Last edited by JT-2; 27 May 2022, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Oh my- I’d forgotten. Off to watch Kenobi I go.

Very cool about the backdrop FH!

JT2- sorry so much red tape. They should do better for instate locals.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            Oh my- I’d forgotten. Off to watch Kenobi I go.
                            Please tell me what you think after you watch it. I'm dying to discuss it with someone.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            JT2- sorry so much red tape. They should do better for instate locals.
                            Agreed! I guess it's because the permit is based on your license plate and not you as a person. Which... makes sense when I think about it. If it was based on a person, then people could pass the permit around and never get caught. When you base it on the license plate, you can't do that. Sneaky bastards. At least we only pay for parking. I was chatting with a friend who also has to pay for a "beach tag".

Comment

Kenobi dropped a few hours early. I won't spoil anything, but I'll just say this:

It was AWESOME!!!!!!

I'll post some thoughts later (with spoiler tags, don't worry), after I've calmed down and processed it all.

I Watched The First 2 Episodes

It is Actually SO Good!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

That's definitely a good plan, because I want more NOW. On the other hand, I wanted to go into it unspoiled. I am never unspoiled and so I wanted to try it. It was great, actually, because there were a lot of things I wasn't expecting. On the other hand, sometimes it is good that I get spoiled so that I don't flip my lid when something stupid happens (I'm thinking Rise of Skywalker here. Spoiled myself silly and glad I did. If I hadn't known what was coming I would have made a scene in the theater. )
                                That's a good point about being prepared for stupid things...got spoiled for a certain death in Avengers: Endgame and in retrospect it was probably a good thing. That way I could just sit there and silently stew rather than throwing my popcorn bucket at the screen.

I did get to my favorite beach today!! There were no doggos because they aren't allowed between May 15 - September 15. So that kinda sucked. I love dog watching. The waves were pretty weak but there were still people out there trying to surf.
                                Yay! Glad you got to get in one last time before the summer! Bummer for no doggos. But LOL at the surfers! John would be so mocking them.

ETA: I just tried to get a state beach parking pass, but you have to actually include a picture of your car's registration. WTH??
                                I think you're right that it's to prevent misuse of the pass. Sneaky, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                X