No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're having a heat wave. 90 degrees F (32 C). I'm fine as long as I don't leave my room. Unfortunately, tomorrow I have to go to a "spring" chorus concert where I don't believe there will be any air conditioning.

And Hi to ShipperWriter! We've chatted on Tumblr, though, so it's more weird to see your old user name. (I'm mathgirl24 over there, in case you've forgotten)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I am battling weeds in the garden like Sheppard goes after Wraith, though my Wraith-weed is still winning.
      Have you named it Bob yet?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Ugh, same here. I finally made it out of Florida and am back where I grew up in North Carolina on vacation, and I am having to take two Claritin a day to keep the pollen allergies at bay. I forgot how much I struggled with it when I was growing up. Yikes.
      The thick coats of tree pollen seem to have abated out here. Now we're down to grass pollen. My nose is still running like a faucet, though.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      We're having a heat wave. 90 degrees F (32 C). I'm fine as long as I don't leave my room. Unfortunately, tomorrow I have to go to a "spring" chorus concert where I don't believe there will be any air conditioning.
      No air conditioning? *shudders*
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        No air conditioning? *shudders*
        Yeah, I wound up blowing it off. Just too hot. I texted my sister-in-law and she states that there is A/C. I am 99% sure that's not true, so I told her to ask around. I was right. Glad I didn't just listen to her since they were going to drive me, I would have been stuck.

Comment

I had quite the camping adventure. We hiked, kayaked, SUP’d, and then…thunderstorms. We were back in the lake kayaking, actually across the lake at an island, and had to paddle at breakneck speed to get back to the launch site, battling the boats who were burning for the docks. Got back to camp and the 60mph gusts had blown ponds of rainwater into our waterproof tents. Rain blew up under the waterproof layer. We had to race to pack up in rain and drove two hours to get home. But it sure was fun while the weather lasted…and awful funny when it tanked.

Comment

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            I had quite the camping adventure. We hiked, kayaked, SUP’d, and then…thunderstorms. We were back in the lake kayaking, actually across the lake at an island, and had to paddle at breakneck speed to get back to the launch site, battling the boats who were burning for the docks. Got back to camp and the 60mph gusts had blown ponds of rainwater into our waterproof tents. Rain blew up under the waterproof layer. We had to race to pack up in rain and drove two hours to get home. But it sure was fun while the weather lasted…and awful funny when it tanked.
            Sounds like a nightmare after the storm hit!! But I'm glad you had fun beforehand.

SUP'd??

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Yeah, I wound up blowing it off. Just too hot. I texted my sister-in-law and she states that there is A/C. I am 99% sure that's not true, so I told her to ask around. I was right. Glad I didn't just listen to her since they were going to drive me, I would have been stuck.
              Good instinct. Definitely not my idea of a fun time, either.

OMG! Welp, at least the first part of the trip was fun! And I can just picture the chickens-with-heads-cut-off shenanigans trying to get out of there.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Have you named it Bob yet?

Bob, Steve, ... and every other name there is. Also lots of drones and queens.

@JT
                SUP --> stand up paddle
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

@JT
                  SUP --> stand up paddle
                  Thank you!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Bob, Steve, ... and every other name there is. Also lots of drones and queens.
                    Sounds like the nettles we've got around here...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Good instinct. Definitely not my idea of a fun time, either.

OMG! Welp, at least the first part of the trip was fun! And I can just picture the chickens-with-heads-cut-off shenanigans trying to get out of there.
                      I’m sure we earned some laughs during our rushed evacuation, some campground newcomers had arrived with dry gear and warm clothes. It was still raining, but manageable without the gusty storms. My neighbors laughed along with us upon arrival home. They came over to see what the commotion was that late. We had to unload in the driveway and hose off all the debris from all our gear and clothes before we could go inside.

Comment

I went to another beach today. But it wasn't what I would call a beach. I mean, there was salt water coming in, but it was in the bay instead of on the shore. It was pretty, but nowhere as nice as the real beach. I went with my sister and her friends. She was so excited to show me a closer place to walk. I didn't really have the heart to say it didn't count as real beach to me.

Sorry, no pictures.

Comment

Sounds like the nettles we've got around here...
                          Those are locked behind the fence... though we have decided to climb over the back fence (which has no opening or gateway to use so climbing is the only option) soon-ish and kill those nettles and other weeds before they can start an offensive into our garden.

They really are Wraith, consuming all in their path... no wait, that's replicators.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

I’m sure we earned some laughs during our rushed evacuation, some campground newcomers had arrived with dry gear and warm clothes. It was still raining, but manageable without the gusty storms. My neighbors laughed along with us upon arrival home. They came over to see what the commotion was that late. We had to unload in the driveway and hose off all the debris from all our gear and clothes before we could go inside.
                            Hosing everything off too? Oh, that's just the icing on the cake!

I went to another beach today. But it wasn't what I would call a beach. I mean, there was salt water coming in, but it was in the bay instead of on the shore. It was pretty, but nowhere as nice as the real beach. I went with my sister and her friends. She was so excited to show me a closer place to walk. I didn't really have the heart to say it didn't count as real beach to me.

Sorry, no pictures.
                            Awww. Yeah, open ocean is much much better. But hey, she tried.

Those are locked behind the fence... though we have decided to climb over the back fence (which has no opening or gateway to use so climbing is the only option) soon-ish and kill those nettles and other weeds before they can start an offensive into our garden.

They really are Wraith, consuming all in their path... no wait, that's replicators.
                            So true!

Comment

Awww. Yeah, open ocean is much much better. But hey, she tried.
                              Open ocean is the BEST!!

Only a few more days until Kenobi!!

Comment

Any of my fellow Americans with a 401k..... I recommend you do NOT check your yearly rate of return. Just checked mine. Why am I such a masochist? I knew it would be bad but I looked anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X