Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Went out to dinner last night for my father's girlfriend's 50th birthday and talking and laughing all evening didn't do my throat any good but today is much better. I think I'm on the mend again.
    Good news! Not the throat being in pain, but being on the mend.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
    You're in good company; I sound just like that right now with all the pollen floating around.
    OMG, the pollen!! I've been overdosing on decongestants for weeks now. I'm a sneezing fool.

Comment

I tend to ignore pollen as much as possible which makes my sister laugh because we both know that allergies run in the family and whether I like it or not, I'm definitely related.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

It's weird to me that our bodies react the way they do to pollen. I mean, pollen has been around forever, right? Shouldn't we have evolved beyond this crap?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          OMG, the pollen!! I've been overdosing on decongestants for weeks now. I'm a sneezing fool.
          Runny nose watery eyes fool in my case. Ugh!

It's weird to me that our bodies react the way they do to pollen. I mean, pollen has been around forever, right? Shouldn't we have evolved beyond this crap?
          I know, right? I guess it's just our bodies' way of saying, "I'm not a flower, stop spraying that stuff at me!"
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Err... well... it kinda means you sorta have some Neanderthal DNA floating around your genetic make-up. They did go extinct as Home Sapiens dominated the planet in the evolutionary time line but yeah... that bit survived through some interspecies interaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Runny nose watery eyes fool in my case. Ugh!
              Oh yeah, I've got those also. But the sneezing annoys me the most. I was at the market this morning and I had to sneeze, but I didn't want all the people glaring at me like I was spreading covid. Thankfully I was able to hold it in.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I know, right? I guess it's just our bodies' way of saying, "I'm not a flower, stop spraying that stuff at me!"

Originally posted by Falcon Horus
              Err... well... it kinda means you sorta have some Neanderthal DNA floating around your genetic make-up. They did go extinct as Home Sapiens dominated the planet in the evolutionary time line but yeah... that bit survived through some interspecies interaction.
              Really? Hmmm, learned something new today! Thanks!!

Yet another part of my genetic makeup that is screwed up. I already have some gene mutations (they tested me when I had breast cancer at a relatively young age). It's probably best for the world that my particular combination of genes is ending with me.

Comment

Hope everyone is well! I ended up a bit restless on my trip so I did an abbreviated version of the previously mentioned bad idea trip (spoiler alert- best worst idea ever) bouncing from Tahoe to Napa up through Calistoga, over to Armstrong Redwoods State park and then back down the coast staying a ridiculous amount of time at Goat Rock in Jenner with binoculars focused on the rookery- sooo many harbor seal pups. I had to keep moving but it was a comfortable pace, still managed a few shorter 4 mile hikes. It was such a beautiful drive and there so many cute towns to stop in and eat/stretch my legs. I went from thermals and and snow in Tahoe to sunburn in shorts in Sonoma County. Cell and Wi-Fi were not the greatest, but it was nice to unplug and I had my garmin in reach in case of emergency.

I took a red eye flight home last night and went straight to work (got straight to work rather, at home). I don’t even try to sleep on those overnight flights, it just makes me grouchy, I just watch movies. I haven’t slept in well over 24 hours so this evening is going to be interesting as I’m getting goofier by the minute and I might be riding the last waves of a Starbucks fix as I ramble (sorry!), trying to remember that periods are important. I’ll post pictures one day, I’m too tired to sort through them all, lol.

Oh yeah, what I came here to say is that the allergy struggle is real. My once white car was yellow from pollen when I picked it up.

Comment

Our globetrotter is back! Running on fumes... McKay probably could give you some tips on how to best perform under conditions of little to no sleep.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Zandras_Ashes, you're a madwoman. Absolutely barking mad. Glad you had a fun time, and I hope you got some sleep eventually! ​​​​​​​

Oh yeah, I've got those also. But the sneezing annoys me the most. I was at the market this morning and I had to sneeze, but I didn't want all the people glaring at me like I was spreading covid. Thankfully I was able to hold it in.
                    Allergy season. The modern-day Salem Witch Trials.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Lol, I did get some sleep. I probably sounded a lot like McKay yesterday and today though. I’m catching up and multi tasking and am talking way too fast.

Comment

My friend's husband is still in the hospital. They discovered he had several TIAs (mini-strokes) so that's probably what caused the fainting in the first place. His ankle surgery got moved out to Thursday.

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                        Lol, I did get some sleep. I probably sounded a lot like McKay yesterday and today though. I’m catching up and multi tasking and am talking way too fast.
                        It was a little McKay like, but it was an endearing McKay.... not the annoying kind. You crack me up!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Allergy season. The modern-day Salem Witch Trials.

Totally!! I wonder if we'll ever stop glaring at people who cough or sneeze now. I know I've done it myself.... not at one cough, but when it's a continuous session of it and the person isn't wearing a mask.

Comment

Totally!! I wonder if we'll ever stop glaring at people who cough or sneeze now. I know I've done it myself.... not at one cough, but when it's a continuous session of it and the person isn't wearing a mask.
                          Hence why I decided it was a good idea to work from home until I stop sounding like a seal when I cough.
                          Or had to blow my nose every 15 minutes.

I passed it on to my sister. Sharing is caring after all.
                          My best friend had to get tested today as she spend some time with her nephew during the weekend and he tested positive on Monday.

The pandemic ain't over and yet everybody acts like it is.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and MAY THE FOURTH BE WITH YOU!

​​​​​​​
                            Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                            LOL! Gotta love that coffee!

My friend's husband is still in the hospital. They discovered he had several TIAs (mini-strokes) so that's probably what caused the fainting in the first place. His ankle surgery got moved out to Thursday.
                            Eeep! At least now they know what the fainting came from...hope his surgery goes well! *sends healing vibes*

Comment

May the 4th rules!!!

Comment

Gateworld is acting funky for me. At first I thought it was down, then you all informed me it wasn't and that it was a Chrome error. I'm on Chrome now on my laptop and it's working fine. But Chrome on my Android isn't working. I can get to other sites on my Android just fine but not the Gateworld forums.

Anyway, I'm watching some Star Wars for May the 4th!!

Hence why I decided it was a good idea to work from home until I stop sounding like a seal when I cough.
                                Or had to blow my nose every 15 minutes.
                                A wise decision!

Plus, you really don't want to be *that* coworker... the one who comes in sick and infects everyone else. I am still angry about my coworker who gave like 10 of us the swine flu even though we were allowed to work from home if sick. Yes, that was a very long time ago. I can keep a grievance going like nobody's business.

I passed it on to my sister. Sharing is caring after all.
                                My best friend had to get tested today as she spend some time with her nephew during the weekend and he tested positive on Monday.

The pandemic ain't over and yet everybody acts like it is.
                                YES!!

Comment

Working...
                                X