Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Is my oil tank the Tardis, bigger on the inside?
    As long as that doesn't affect what you pay...

    Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes
    FH- enjoy your weekend with the skywalker saga. And that meeting with numbers and food sounded right up my alley too- nice! But three courses and no caffeine- I think I remember you avoid that?- I’d be zonked.
    I avoid caffeine after 5pm -- which I didn't on Sunday evening and therefore didn't sleep a wink until maybe after 4am. The alarm went off at 7am.

    ***

    Another spider encounter this morning... I open the garage door and one comes running in on all 8's. It made its way underneath my car, towards my wheel. Told it to be careful cause I was going to drive out.

    As soon as I was outside, I checked whether I squished it but I don't think I did.... and if I did, I warned Sebastian to be careful.

    I always tell them the floor is lava. Stay on the floor and risk getting eaten by cat.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      You would have a heart attack in my never-used basement.
      Definitely never going in your basement, then.

      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I was going to see a movie today, but none of the offerings sounded good at all. I thought about seeing the latest Sandra Bullock movie, but then read the description - it just sounds dumb.
      Yeah, I am so not impressed by most of the movies that are released these days. They're all just variations on the same dumb themes.

      Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      Tornados moved out. All good here. Now it’s going to snow Saturday with a Monday forecasted high of 77.
      LMAO! Don'tcha just love crazy weather?

      Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
      And spiders? So I really like them. Logically I appreciate them. But…when they are not invited or expected guests I need a minute to stop panicking before I can deal. I’m used to big spiders, wolf spiders are really the only biggies here, but when I travel and meet new and unusual spiders that I can’t identify- hello WA state, what is this creature with foot long legs in the tub- then I have a hard time with my catch and release as my instinct is to assume peace was never and option and I deploy as SKs bloody murder screaming tactics as my initial offensive.
      Yep, the weather is grand up here (most of the time) but OMG the spiders.

      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Another spider encounter this morning... I open the garage door and one comes running in on all 8's. It made its way underneath my car, towards my wheel. Told it to be careful cause I was going to drive out.

      As soon as I was outside, I checked whether I squished it but I don't think I did.... and if I did, I warned Sebastian to be careful.

      I always tell them the floor is lava. Stay on the floor and risk getting eaten by cat.
      Good kitty! Excellent spider-slaying skillz!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Here's a warning for any of you who, like me, don't drive their car every day. A friend of mine had squirrels make a nest in their truck engine, and they ate the wiring. It cost $8,000 to fix. Thankfully insurance covered most of it. So start your car up every day!! They now have moth balls around the engine to keep the critters away.

        I went to the beach again today. I'm trying to enjoy it before the summer season when a) it will be crowded, and b) it will cost $10 to park. Lots of cute doggos again today.


        Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        Tornados moved out. All good here. Now it’s going to snow Saturday with a Monday forecasted high of 77.
        So glad you are safe. That's wild about the forecast, though!!

        Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
        And spiders? So I really like them. Logically I appreciate them. But…when they are not invited or expected guests I need a minute to stop panicking before I can deal. I’m used to big spiders, wolf spiders are really the only biggies here, but when I travel and meet new and unusual spiders that I can’t identify- hello WA state, what is this creature with foot long legs in the tub- then I have a hard time with my catch and release as my instinct is to assume peace was never and option and I deploy as SKs bloody murder screaming tactics as my initial offensive.
        Foot long legs???


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus
        As long as that doesn't affect what you pay...
        That's the thing... with oil being so expensive right now, I'm afraid they are trying to rip me off. But I might just be too suspicious. *shrugs*


        Originally posted by Scary Kitty
        Yeah, I am so not impressed by most of the movies that are released these days. They're all just variations on the same dumb themes.
        Exactly!!! It's all same old, same old.

        Comment


          The floor is lava I love it. I totally exaggerated the foot long legs but not recognizing the kind of spider creeped me out. I usually look at local bear, wild cats, and snakes when I travel to be trail (and now tub) prepared but I always forget to look at spiders, weird because I see them on the trail way more than the others.

          JT2 will they offer a seasonal parking pass for the beach lots? Although it may be so peopley on the beach itself. The off season is such a treat in areas like that. The mountains are the same. You have to be at the trailhead by 6:30 at the latest. And have heard stories like that of cars and squirrels. So much money. Eek. If they have other pets or wildlife they appreciate they might try pepper first as moth balls are quite bad for all animals.

          I know the weather is a wild ride everywhere, but Mother Nature has been quite the entertainer here this week. I’m just happy for the rain and snow to help ward off fires.

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Here's a warning for any of you who, like me, don't drive their car every day. A friend of mine had squirrels make a nest in their truck engine, and they ate the wiring. It cost $8,000 to fix. Thankfully insurance covered most of it. So start your car up every day!! They now have moth balls around the engine to keep the critters away.
            Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            And have heard stories like that of cars and squirrels. So much money. Eek. If they have other pets or wildlife they appreciate they might try pepper first as moth balls are quite bad for all animals.
            I second the pepper; we had mice get into the Highlander's AC system a couple of times. The local auto shop has a pepper-based spray that they put on the underside of vehicles to ward off the critters and apparently it works so we got all the cars treated. Of course, my Mustang has been kept garaged for most of the time since we moved up here so I haven't had any problems with it.
            ​​​​​
            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I went to the beach again today. I'm trying to enjoy it before the summer season when a) it will be crowded, and b) it will cost $10 to park. Lots of cute doggos again today.
            Yay, doggies! Saw the beach pics, it looked gorgeous!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

              Disappointed... you woke up before they kissed?


              It was actually a kind of meta thing. In my dream, there was news that Torri Higginson was returning as Dr. Weir, and that I knew somehow it would involve a story with Sheppard. I was actually really excited until after I woke up and realized that it wasn't real.

              I think it may have been a combination of watching Torri on Transplant combined with seeing the trailer advertising the return of the the old TNG cast in Season 3 of Star Trek: Picard, and it just merged together in my subconscious or something.

              And sure, in real life, I came to think we dodged a bullet with the showrunners not continuing SGA, but for whatever reason, I knew I had a good reason to be optimistic in the dream.
              Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 09 April 2022, 01:28 PM.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

              *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

              "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

              "Elizabeth..."

              Comment


                Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                JT2 will they offer a seasonal parking pass for the beach lots? Although it may be so peopley on the beach itself. The off season is such a treat in areas like that. The mountains are the same. You have to be at the trailhead by 6:30 at the latest. And have heard stories like that of cars and squirrels. So much money. Eek. If they have other pets or wildlife they appreciate they might try pepper first as moth balls are quite bad for all animals.
                I just checked and they do offer them for some beaches, but not the one I like to visit. The one I like, you have to be a town member to get a pass. I don't really expect to visit the beach much in summer, because like you said.... peopley!


                Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                I second the pepper; we had mice get into the Highlander's AC system a couple of times. The local auto shop has a pepper-based spray that they put on the underside of vehicles to ward off the critters and apparently it works so we got all the cars treated. Of course, my Mustang has been kept garaged for most of the time since we moved up here so I haven't had any problems with it.
                I'll tell my friend about the pepper. Thanks to you and Zandras_Ashes for the info!!


                Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities
                It was actually a kind of meta thing. In my dream, there was news that Torri Higginson was returning as Dr. Weir, and that I knew somehow it would involve a story with Sheppard. I was actually really excited until after I woke up and realized that it wasn't real.

                I think it may have been a combination of watching Torri on Transplant combined with seeing the trailer advertising the return of the the old TNG cast in Season 3 of Star Trek: Picard, and it just merged together in my subconscious or something.

                And sure, in real life, I came to think we dodged a bullet with the showrunners not continuing SGA, but for whatever reason, I knew I had a good reason to be optimistic in the dream.
                That's a cool dream!!

                Comment


                  JT2, your beach walks have me daydreaming about hitting the road for an impromptu road trip. As do all the DC cherry blossom pictures. I am antsy to get back on the road and my kiddos allergies and a viral infection have kept me off the trails and I’m getting cabin fever, lol.

                  I should at least get my share of local pollen today as it supposed to hit 70, I think.

                  Comment


                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                    Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    It was actually a kind of meta thing. In my dream, there was news that Torri Higginson was returning as Dr. Weir, and that I knew somehow it would involve a story with Sheppard. I was actually really excited until after I woke up and realized that it wasn't real.

                    I think it may have been a combination of watching Torri on Transplant combined with seeing the trailer advertising the return of the the old TNG cast in Season 3 of Star Trek: Picard, and it just merged together in my subconscious or something.

                    And sure, in real life, I came to think we dodged a bullet with the showrunners not continuing SGA, but for whatever reason, I knew I had a good reason to be optimistic in the dream.
                    That's such an awesome dream!

                    Though you're right, we really did dodge a bullet with SGA ending when it did.

                    Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                    I should at least get my share of local pollen today as it supposed to hit 70, I think.
                    The cars out here are all coated in pollen, and I just got another box of Claritin to get me through the rest of the season.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                      JT2, your beach walks have me daydreaming about hitting the road for an impromptu road trip. As do all the DC cherry blossom pictures. I am antsy to get back on the road and my kiddos allergies and a viral infection have kept me off the trails and I’m getting cabin fever, lol.

                      I should at least get my share of local pollen today as it supposed to hit 70, I think.
                      I hope the infection clears up soon!!!

                      I'd love to see the DC cherry blossoms! As I'd like to see the sights in DC as well someday.

                      Yeah the pollen here is crazy!! I'm loading up on Claritin-D, and occasionally an extra decongestant on top of that. Even with all that, I'm still sneezing like crazy, and have watery eyes.

                      That's one of the best things to going to the beach. It clears my sinuses up for a little while.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        That's such an awesome dream!

                        Though you're right, we really did dodge a bullet with SGA ending when it did.
                        Seriously, I didn't think that until I read what we would have gotten if Stargate: Extinction had happened.

                        Oh, and before I forget:

                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I finished Star Trek Deep Space Nine yesterday and I can't help but think that the SGA PTB watched that show and copied the "ensemble show" theory to the letter.

                        We pretend we have all these characters but only use the (male) ones that are easy to write for/we like the best.

                        So you can imagine that my favorites are short changed at every turn.
                        I also fell madly in love with the Jadzia Dax/Kira Nerys pairing (characters which are short changed at every turn obviously), and to a lesser extend Ezri Dax/Kira Nerys.
                        And umm... yes... I may have already read quite ... most ... not all but most fic on AO3.
                        Aww, I'm glad to see you finally watched Deep Space Nine. I still remember when waay back in the day when I had to explain who Kira was to you.

                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

                        *You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

                        "Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

                        "Elizabeth..."

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                          Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          Seriously, I didn't think that until I read what we would have gotten if Stargate: Extinction had happened.
                          Yeah, up until I read about Extinction, I was wary but still held one tiny shred of hope. But that was the final nail in the coffin for me. *shudders*
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            It was actually a kind of meta thing. In my dream, there was news that Torri Higginson was returning as Dr. Weir, and that I knew somehow it would involve a story with Sheppard. I was actually really excited until after I woke up and realized that it wasn't real.
                            LOL!! Has happened to me too... I feel you.

                            Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            Aww, I'm glad to see you finally watched Deep Space Nine. I still remember when waay back in the day when I had to explain who Kira was to you.
                            Okay, that was some time ago. ...2014...

                            Had to go back a few posts and then virtually punched gateraid in the nose for saying Kira was expendable. No, she wasn't.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                            Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                            Comment


                              Everyone please wish me luck. Today I applied for a job that I actually have experience for (it's similar to my last job). Maybe I'll have more luck with that. *crosses fingers*


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Yeah, up until I read about Extinction, I was wary but still held one tiny shred of hope. But that was the final nail in the coffin for me. *shudders*
                              It did not sound good. At all. *shudders* is right.

                              Comment


                                Of course LBtgDSf.gif
                                http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif








                                ​ ​

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X