Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I don't understand why curling is even an olympic sport. I mean, jeux de boules isn't a summer olympic sport, and it's pretty much the same concept, except with balls.

When my ex-colleague was still my colleague we were joking that if we were ever going to make the Olympic games, we probably would have to start playing curling cause we were already too old for every other sport in the Olympics.

The hilarious part was that we immediately went looking for an ice rink in Belgium that actually had a curling team. First we found none, than one. It's not that popular over here, much like any winter sport really.
    Yeah, it's the least "sports" like of any Olympic sport I can think of.

I'm disgusted that they are allowing a 15 year old figure skater who was caught taking a banned substance compete anyway. What the heck?? I don't know that I'll even watch the ladies because it's all so tainted now. Oh, and in no way do I blame the 15 year old. The adults who gave her the drug need to be punished in a big way.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Happy Valentine's Day! ...or, you know, just another day in black.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Ah, so like ice hockey... another game I don't really get. Well, I get it, but I can't follow it. I can't follow the puck. I saw a college game at my alma mater (a pretty good ice hockey team) and that was fun cause I could follow what was happening. But on TV, I can't.

I'm disgusted that they are allowing a 15 year old figure skater who was caught taking a banned substance compete anyway. What the heck?? I don't know that I'll even watch the ladies because it's all so tainted now. Oh, and in no way do I blame the 15 year old. The adults who gave her the drug need to be punished in a big way.
      *shakes head* Between this and the reports I've seen about covid shenanigans in the supposedly locked down Olympic zone, these Olympics are going to go down in history as probably the worst ever.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Happy Valentine's Day! ...or, you know, just another day in black.
        It's also my niece's birthday. I view it as that instead. I can't believe she's 31. I remember when she was born. My goodness, time does fly. And yes, I am old.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        *shakes head* Between this and the reports I've seen about covid shenanigans in the supposedly locked down Olympic zone, these Olympics are going to go down in history as probably the worst ever.
        Yeah, it's not good at all. Lots of figure skating people are complaining about this. The people in charge are saying that because she's under 16 she's a "protected" person or something, since she's a child. I get that you can't blame HER as much, but that doesn't mean she should be allowed to compete. Because that's basically saying anyone under 16 is ALLOWED to cheat. What kind of message is that?

Comment

I am not taking sides on this one, but I have been thinkiing about it.
          Apparantly her sample was from 2020 sometime, since she has been at the olympics, and undergoing the routine tests all atheletes take, she has always tested negative.
          We are hearing reports of atheletes who test, or have tested positive to covid, but are now posting negative. They are allowed to compete.
          I have to agree that those responsible for giving her drugs in the first place should be banned from ever managing/handleing any sports people, especially minors.
          http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

There's a good reason Russian athletes cannot compete under the Russian flag. Russia is officially banned from the Olympics -- for the time being -- because all the illegal substance use among (most of) their athletes. They tainted the sport they have been competing in.

Those athletes who are allowed to compete, do so under the flag of the Russian Olympic Committee (should you have missed that).

I find it absolutely ridiculous that she's even allowed to compete especially with the notion that if she should end in the top 3 the medals will not be distributed until a confirmation comes in she competed in a "clean" manner.

Anywho... I wish all the other contestants the best, especially our Belgian hopeful.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

She tested positive on December 25, 2021. So this is a very recent thing. And just because she's been clean since doesn't matter, because who's to say the times she's been taking drugs didn't help her develop her routine? One test can make a normal person miss an Olympics - just ask American Sha'Carri Richardson who smoked pot after her mother died and was then banned from the Summer Olympics. It was just one drug test too. And pot doesn't help your endurance.

Anyway, I don't know if I'll even watch it now. It's so tainted by this. Maybe I'll watch the early skaters but then skip the Russians. Good luck to the Belgian!!

Comment

I have always struggled to enjoy the Olympics when I wonder what’s going on behind the scenes.

Comment

There's a good reason Russian athletes cannot compete under the Russian flag. Russia is officially banned from the Olympics -- for the time being -- because all the illegal substance use among (most of) their athletes. They tainted the sport they have been competing in.
                  No argument from me

Those athletes who are allowed to compete, do so under the flag of the Russian Olympic Committee (should you have missed that).
                  No I did not miss that. But I do have a question: They are still Russian citizens under comunist Russian rules, so who decides who is allowed to leave Russia to compete in the olympics, and why do the olympic commitee still allow any Russian to compete?

I find it absolutely ridiculous that she's even allowed to compete especially with the notion that if she should end in the top 3 the medals will not be distributed until a confirmation comes in she competed in a "clean" manner.
                  I agree with you. She, or anybody from Russia competing as a Russian and/or Russian Olympic Committee (STILL Russian) representative is allowed in the Olympics.

I have not got the hang of multiple quotes, so to you JT-2, apologies, I am loosing track of time. Yes, we are in 2022 now, and yes, it was last year 2021, and December when she tested positive.
                  http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                    I have always struggled to enjoy the Olympics when I wonder what’s going on behind the scenes.
                    Indeed. There's always something.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Has Anyone Seen This Teaser Trailer????

https://twitter.com/IsilwenElfwine/s...47865223966721

it is Set Thousands of Years Before Lord of The Rings

Comment

I've never seen the Lord of the Rings, or read the books either. I know that I'm like the only person on the internet who hasn't.

Hey, Falcon Horus, check out this link on my Tumblr - https://mathgirl24.tumblr.com/post/6...ering-a-highly

I tagged you on there, but I wanted to be sure you saw it. A lemming!!!
                        Last edited by JT-2; 15 February 2022, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                          They are still Russian citizens under comunist Russian rules, so who decides who is allowed to leave Russia to compete in the olympics, and why do the olympic commitee still allow any Russian to compete?
                          They have to pass strict doping tests in order to be able to compete in any competition.

They can't even use the full name of the ROC, Russian Olympic Committee. ROC only and when they win, they get a music piece of Tchaikovsky instead the national anthem. (looked it up, did not know this)

-----------

@JT
                          Oh my goddess, the squeeking... "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!"
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

In case you are lurking- Happy Birthday, SR! I hope you and those grands and doing well.

I’m on season 3 now, and just saw a baby Jewel Staite in X Files circa 1995. She played a high school student.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday, and Happy Birthday to our Southern Red!

Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                              In case you are lurking- Happy Birthday, SR! I hope you and those grands and doing well.
                              Indeed!

Oh my goddess, the squeeking... "GET OFF MY PROPERTY!!"
                              That was exactly my thought when I saw that. The cute little fluff ball of RAGE!

Comment

I've never seen the Lord of the Rings, or read the books either. I know that I'm like the only person on the internet who hasn't.

Hey, Falcon Horus, check out this link on my Tumblr - https://mathgirl24.tumblr.com/post/6...ering-a-highly

I tagged you on there, but I wanted to be sure you saw it. A lemming!!!
                                You Should Watch it

I Have Actually Never Read The Lord of The Rings Books Either.. I Own The Third and Final Book....BUT I Have Seen The Movies

Comment

Working...
                                X