Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Oh dear. But yeah, planning anything on Super Bowl Sunday is just A Really Bad Idea.
    Besides the game, there is also the drunk driving factor on the roads afterwards.

    Comment


      That Gilmore moment is so funny. Love Kirk.

      I saw an article recently that incited an X files binge. I’ve never watched it through, probably won’t now either, but I'm into the second season and - I know it’s not a surprise since the early seasons were filmed in Vancouver- but the stargate alum appearances are delightful. Several I’ve noticed so far, but notable was Don Davis playing Scullys father, I’d never seen that episode. There was an episode with Mark Sheppard too (I know him from Crowley on Supernatural and he was in BSG a bit too). He was so baby! So young. I suppose I was too at the time And of course Mitch Pileggi as Skinner has made his entrance in season 2. It’s kind of giving me the urge to take road trips to look at weird crap and stay in shabby roadside hotels.

      Comment


        Belgium got its first bronze medal today, in the 1000 meter short-track skating finale.

        Original n° 3 and 4 fell in the 2nd to last round which gave our skater the opportunity to jump into 3rd place -- almost literally since she nearly fell too when they did.

        Belgium now ranks 24th in the medal top -- 1 bronze medal.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

        Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

        Comment


          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Besides the game, there is also the drunk driving factor on the roads afterwards.
          Yep. Definitely a day to stay in.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
            That Gilmore moment is so funny. Love Kirk.

            I saw an article recently that incited an X files binge. I’ve never watched it through, probably won’t now either, but I'm into the second season and - I know it’s not a surprise since the early seasons were filmed in Vancouver- but the stargate alum appearances are delightful. Several I’ve noticed so far, but notable was Don Davis playing Scullys father, I’d never seen that episode. There was an episode with Mark Sheppard too (I know him from Crowley on Supernatural and he was in BSG a bit too). He was so baby! So young. I suppose I was too at the time And of course Mitch Pileggi as Skinner has made his entrance in season 2. It’s kind of giving me the urge to take road trips to look at weird crap and stay in shabby roadside hotels.
            I totally forgot that Don Davis was Scully's father! He was also in A League Of Their Own as one of the coaches. Any time I see a Stargate alum outside of Stargate, my brain goes

            Mitch Pileggi was on Supernatural too as the boys' grandpa. He's the science fiction guru, I guess.

            You could also make a case for Mark Sheppard since he's been in everything as well. He was even in Doctor Who.


            Originally posted by Falcon Horus
            Belgium got its first bronze medal today, in the 1000 meter short-track skating finale.

            Original n° 3 and 4 fell in the 2nd to last round which gave our skater the opportunity to jump into 3rd place -- almost literally since she nearly fell too when they did.

            Belgium now ranks 24th in the medal top -- 1 bronze medal.
            YAAAAY!! Good for you all!! I love the Olympics. It's the only time I watch most of these sports.

            Originally posted by Scary Kitty
            Yep. Definitely a day to stay in.
            And eat snacks!

            Comment


              Hi Everyone!

              I Have Been Busy, and Watching The Olympics and Stargate Atlantis,

              Last edited by america126; 12 February 2022, 07:01 AM.

              Comment


                Hey, Falcon Horus, they just showed that race you spoke of. Glad I knew what was coming. It was less jarring that way. Don't like to see anyone fall.

                Comment


                  Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

                  Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  And eat snacks!
                  The snackage is the best part!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                  Comment


                    I always end up with too many leftover frozen apps from the holidays that I use up for the super bowl.

                    I keep missing Olympic highlights. I need to make an effort to check the schedule and plan accordingly.

                    JT2 that’s right, funny I was thinking about Pileggi in Supernatural after watching some more Xfiles. There is definite overlap between the two shows and I’m loving it. Weird creatures, funky motels and diners. I’m also getting a kick from the throw backs vibes when I see them whip out the giant cell phones and laptops, or pull out the yellow pages. I loved mark Sheppard as Crowley. I should look for those Dr. Who episodes, and that’s another series I watched intermittently but really need to commit to a watch through at some point.
                    Last edited by Zandras_Ashes; 12 February 2022, 01:16 PM.

                    Comment


                      The episodes Mark Sheppard was in Doctor Who are season 6, episodes 1 and 2. His father was also in it!! I haven't seen all of Doctor Who. I was/am in love with Alex Kingston's character - River Song. So I have her episodes practically memorized. I wouldn't watch Mark's episodes before the other River Song episodes, though, as they won't make sense without the buildup.

                      The only episodes I've seen of the more recent doctors are the one with Alex Kingston in it and the one with Goran Visnjic in it. Hey, I have my loves and I love them.

                      Comment


                        I still don't really understand curling. I get that you want the stones near the middle of the target, but I can't get the strategy when I see them doing it. *shrugs* It's kinda like chess, I guess, in that I don't have the patience to figure it out.

                        Comment


                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Super Bowl Sunday!

                          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I still don't really understand curling. I get that you want the stones near the middle of the target, but I can't get the strategy when I see them doing it. *shrugs* It's kinda like chess, I guess, in that I don't have the patience to figure it out.
                          It's a Canadian thing, that's for sure.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            I have a weird sense that I should be digging out some club clothes and makeup to be ready for the halftime show. If I could only find those 90’s black wedge slides

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Zandras_Ashes View Post
                              I have a weird sense that I should be digging out some club clothes and makeup to be ready for the halftime show. If I could only find those 90’s black wedge slides
                              My Facebook feed has been divided about the halftime show. It seems to depend on age. I liked the beginning part... the 90's part. Not a fan of Eminem, though.


                              Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                              It's a Canadian thing, that's for sure.
                              Ah, so like ice hockey... another game I don't really get. Well, I get it, but I can't follow it. I can't follow the puck. I saw a college game at my alma mater (a pretty good ice hockey team) and that was fun cause I could follow what was happening. But on TV, I can't.
                              Last edited by JT-2; 13 February 2022, 06:09 PM.

                              Comment


                                I don't understand why curling is even an olympic sport. I mean, jeux de boules isn't a summer olympic sport, and it's pretty much the same concept, except with balls.

                                When my ex-colleague was still my colleague we were joking that if we were ever going to make the Olympic games, we probably would have to start playing curling cause we were already too old for every other sport in the Olympics.

                                The hilarious part was that we immediately went looking for an ice rink in Belgium that actually had a curling team. First we found none, than one. It's not that popular over here, much like any winter sport really.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                                Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X