No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started watching Conversion and fell asleep. I feel like I’ve entered the home improvement time warp. Living room is almost done and while the kitchen is crammed full of furniture my cats are having a blast exploring the intricate maze of furniture. I found one cat asleep on a robed skeleton (Halloween decor) and it was the cutest thing, the skelton and the fuzz demon.

Good thing we can move furniture back tomorrow as we can’t open the dishwasher door, lol. And…I went back and bought enough flooring for most of the rest of the house, enough for bedrooms/baths. I’m crazy for sure. I’ll be installing floors for the rest of the year.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies! Hope you've all been having a fun time saying 'Screw It!' to the Angst this Wednesday!

Another busy day of errands for me, and I am a tired little kitty. I should sleep well tonight!

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
      I started watching Conversion and fell asleep. I feel like I’ve entered the home improvement time warp.
      LOL, sounds like me!

Living room is almost done and while the kitchen is crammed full of furniture my cats are having a blast exploring the intricate maze of furniture. I found one cat asleep on a robed skeleton (Halloween decor) and it was the cutest thing, the skelton and the fuzz demon.
      Awwww, how sweet! Hope you got a picture!

Good thing we can move furniture back tomorrow as we can’t open the dishwasher door, lol. And…I went back and bought enough flooring for most of the rest of the house, enough for bedrooms/baths. I’m crazy for sure. I’ll be installing floors for the rest of the year.
      Ah, but just imagine how good it'll look when it's done and how satisfied you'll feel with the accomplishment!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Ah, but just imagine how good it'll look when it's done and how satisfied you'll feel with the accomplishment!
        Our mantra when we were painting the attic.

Trust me, it works!
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Our mantra when we were painting the attic.

Trust me, it works!
          Oh I believe it, it works for us too!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I don't have any home improvement stories, but I do have a flying squirrel story.

So every once in awhile a squirrel will climb on my deck and look inside the window at me. I've always thought it was cute. My aunt used to feed them and it seems like they still remember even though it's been many years.

Today the squirrel took it one step further. He climbed onto the window and then JUMPED into the window, trying to come inside! I jumped a few feet myself. Brazen little animal, trying to leap inside. Fortunately the window was closed.

Comment

Ah, my sister texted me earlier today that a pigeon flew against the kitchen window. The impact left the inevitable angel wing imprint, but the bird also left a smear of doodoo on the window. It even scared the cats, who ran inside, informing her that one of those grey things from the garden attacked the house.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So it's 10/1 and Stargate is still on Hulu? Perhaps I shouldn't bring attention to it....

Ah, my sister texted me earlier today that a pigeon flew against the kitchen window. The impact left the inevitable angel wing imprint, but the bird also left a smear of doodoo on the window. It even scared the cats, who ran inside, informing her that one of those grey things from the garden attacked the house.
                How dare those grey things attack THEIR house?!?!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  I don't have any home improvement stories, but I do have a flying squirrel story.

So every once in awhile a squirrel will climb on my deck and look inside the window at me. I've always thought it was cute. My aunt used to feed them and it seems like they still remember even though it's been many years.

Today the squirrel took it one step further. He climbed onto the window and then JUMPED into the window, trying to come inside! I jumped a few feet myself. ​ Brazen little animal, trying to leap inside. Fortunately the window was closed.
                  Squirrels are insanely clever. I'd say that one definitely remembers...

LOL, we've gotten quite a few bird strikes. Some of them even left little feathers stuck to the windows.

So it's 10/1 and Stargate is still on Hulu? Perhaps I shouldn't bring attention to it....
                  Heheheh...

How dare those grey things attack THEIR house?!?!
                  I know, right? Those silly featherheads, there are CATS living there! Think of the poor CATS!

Comment

We had a poor little bird that had the bad judgement to fly into our house last year. It ended up stuck behind a wall of super heavy wooden bookshelves and we had to hack a hole into a section to free it. Initial crisis averted, after another hour of it not figuring out it could escape via open door or window I accidentally whacked it right out the door with a broom. I felt so bad. I tripped when trying to “encourage” it towards the door and, yep, nailed it. It seemed just fine luckily.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

We had a poor little bird that had the bad judgement to fly into our house last year. It ended up stuck behind a wall of super heavy wooden bookshelves and we had to hack a hole into a section to free it. Initial crisis averted, after another hour of it not figuring out it could escape via open door or window I accidentally whacked it right out the door with a broom. I felt so bad. I tripped when trying to “encourage” it towards the door and, yep, nailed it. It seemed just fine luckily.
                      Oh geeze, what a comedy of errors! At least the poor little thing got out and was fine.

Comment

Squirrels are insanely clever. I'd say that one definitely remembers...
                        I like to joke that it's an oral tradition among their kind. "We stop to remember the hooman of plentiful peanuts, though she is gone from us these many seasons."

Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                        Ouch! That's hilarious!!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!
                        I decided to watch the Rhode Island vs. Stony game. Since college football is on about a dozen channels in my cable area AND since Rhode Island is the local area, I figured for sure it would be on. Nope.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

I like to joke that it's an oral tradition among their kind. "We stop to remember the hooman of plentiful peanuts, though she is gone from us these many seasons."
                          LOL! Reminds me of that meme about swerving to miss a squirrel and in repayment of the life debt, it comes to your aid in your darkest moment.

I decided to watch the Rhode Island vs. Stony game. Since college football is on about a dozen channels in my cable area AND since Rhode Island is the local area, I figured for sure it would be on. Nope.
                          D'oh! That stinks. Are there any local radio stations that carry it? It's not the same as watching on TV, but it's something.

On a very related note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a very good week, as USC beat Colorado 37-14, Tennessee beat Missouri 62-24, Rhode Island beat Stony Brook 27-20, Virginia Tech had a bye, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force beat New Mexico 38-10, and Navy beat UCF 34-30. On to next week!

Comment

Well this week in the NFL, the big show down is Tom Brady and the Buccaneers playing the Patriots here in Patriots land. If the teams play as they have been playing so far this season, the Buccaneers are going to kick our @sses. Hard.
                            The Raiders play tomorrow night against the Chargers, which is good because it means I'll actually get to watch a Raiders game live.

LOL! Reminds me of that meme about swerving to miss a squirrel and in repayment of the life debt, it comes to your aid in your darkest moment.

D'oh! That stinks. Are there any local radio stations that carry it? It's not the same as watching on TV, but it's something.
                            I gave up. It probably was available on local radio. I'll try that next time! Good thinking!

On a very related note, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a very good week, as USC beat Colorado 37-14, Tennessee beat Missouri 62-24, Rhode Island beat Stony Brook 27-20, Virginia Tech had a bye, and in the Atlantis Cup standings, Air Force beat New Mexico 38-10, and Navy beat UCF 34-30. On to next week!
                            Rhode Island won in OT. It seems to be my thing lately that teams I'm rooting for win in OT. They like to stress me out that way.

All in all, a very good week!!

Comment

Saw this on Tumblr. Thought it was ... interesting.

Here is full link...

https://sheppard-and-weir.tumblr.com...g-moonlighting

Here is relevant text...

Joe Flanigan using Moonlighting (remember this quote) as an example of John and Elizabeth’s relationship on the show and saying yes, there was romantic tension between them on screen gives me life. Thank you new Stargate fan at the Chicago Con for asking him about John and Elizabeth. I don’t know if the person who reported this wants to be mentioned or not, please let me know, but thank you too!

nhawk-1
                              “Well let me just tell you. There’s an interesting dynamic that a lot of people don’t understand. The consummation of a relationship on a show is a very different thing than the tension of a potential consummation of a relationship. [-] It’s the tension of unrequited relationships…there’s tension and the tension is it wants to happen but it’s not happening. That’s really what you need to establish. So it’s less about having the relationship, it’s more about setting up the circumstances where the audience says ‘I want it to happen’.”

Joe then goes on to say how he was under the impression that they were setting up a relationship between him and Weir but he felt that the dynamics of the show got in the way because it became more like two separate shows in one with Weir at HQ/Atlantis and Sheppard in the field and therefore he and Torri weren’t getting to work together very much.

~Joe Flanigan (Oct 2020), “Who do you wish Sheppard hooked up with?”

sheppard-and-weir
                              Joe Flanigan: "I was under the impr- it was, i think, originally meant to be me and Weir."

David Read (Interviewer "It sure felt like that, yeah."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Speaking of which...

Saw this on Tumblr. Thought it was ... interesting.

Here is full link...

https://sheppard-and-weir.tumblr.com...g-moonlighting

Here is relevant text...

Joe Flanigan using Moonlighting (remember this quote) as an example of John and Elizabeth’s relationship on the show and saying yes, there was romantic tension between them on screen gives me life. Thank you new Stargate fan at the Chicago Con for asking him about John and Elizabeth. I don’t know if the person who reported this wants to be mentioned or not, please let me know, but thank you too!

nhawk-1
                                “Well let me just tell you. There’s an interesting dynamic that a lot of people don’t understand. The consummation of a relationship on a show is a very different thing than the tension of a potential consummation of a relationship. [-] It’s the tension of unrequited relationships…there’s tension and the tension is it wants to happen but it’s not happening. That’s really what you need to establish. So it’s less about having the relationship, it’s more about setting up the circumstances where the audience says ‘I want it to happen’.”

Joe then goes on to say how he was under the impression that they were setting up a relationship between him and Weir but he felt that the dynamics of the show got in the way because it became more like two separate shows in one with Weir at HQ/Atlantis and Sheppard in the field and therefore he and Torri weren’t getting to work together very much.

~Joe Flanigan (Oct 2020), “Who do you wish Sheppard hooked up with?”

sheppard-and-weir
                                Joe Flanigan: "I was under the impr- it was, i think, originally meant to be me and Weir."

David Read (Interviewer "It sure felt like that, yeah."
                                Ooooh, I saw that too. Interesting, indeed! So, "dynamics of the show", hmm? *snorts* Yeah, drag 'em, Joe! And he still thinks it was supposed to be Sheppard and Weir. Canon, baby. Everyone knows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X