Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Did the other team even play that game?
    LOL, the next year, one of the student clubs on campus printed out t-shirts for the game that were a riff on the old Grey Poupon mustard tagline "pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?"; the shirts had a pic of the team pulling up in a limo and saying, "Pardon me, do you plan on scoring this year?" They actually did and kept it pretty close, but we still beat them.

    Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
    I’m sure it varies by program, but our home opener is meant to be a steamroller to start the season on a good note, especially this year as we have a new coach. We play a non-conference team, so it essentially is like our team playing a good high school team. I heard UT paid them 1.5 mil to show up to essentially endure humiliation. I pretty much find it horrifying. It may also be one of our very few wins this season.
    Yeah, I expect that was the idea with us playing San Jose State.

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Hello!! I survived my cat sitting. I got a nice picture of one of the cats but the other one is so timid and shy. I only got him to properly eat his breakfast 1 out of 3 days. Crazy cat! His brother, on the other hand, can not eat enough. Hence the social cat is like twice as big as the timid one. Yet the timid one knocks his brother around all the time. It's like the bigger cat doesn't get that he's bigger. Or maybe he's just a lover, not a fighter.

    My friend is coming to visit on Wednesday. We plan to look at lighthouses on that day, and go sailing on Friday. Thursday is supposed to be raining and thunderstorms so I don't know what we'll do.
    Hah! Crazy kitties!

    Ooooh, sounds like you've got a fun week ahead! Hopefully Thursday isn't as stormy as the forecast says.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        I made it to WA tired and hungry, then I saw the water (and water doggo- aka harbor seal) and all was well again.

        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

        My friend is coming to visit on Wednesday. We plan to look at lighthouses on that day, and go sailing on Friday. Thursday is supposed to be raining and thunderstorms so I don't know what we'll do.
        Sounds fantastic! Hope you had a great time and didn’t have to tackle too many steps.

        Comment


          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
          I made it to WA tired and hungry, then I saw the water (and water doggo- aka harbor seal) and all was well again.
          Yay! Glad you made it out here! Looks like the weather's gonna be nice all weekend.

          And yay harbor seal! Squee!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

          Comment


            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
              Evening...

              Gosh, a day at the office takes it all out of me... *yawn*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

              Comment


                Happy Friday!

                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!



                Yay! Glad you made it out here! Looks like the weather's gonna be nice all weekend.

                And yay harbor seal! Squee!
                The weather has been moody in the morning (like me, lol) and glorious in the afternoon/evening, just in time for me to plant myself on the deck of my Airbnb and soak in all the goodness. Took a boat ride today and saw so many seals. I want one

                Comment


                  Well, my friend and I had a great time. The sailing yesterday was a definite treat. Although it would have been better without the 2 year old twins and baby also on the boat. Who brings kids that young on a sailboat?

                  I got her to experience some of my favorite Rhode Island things, finishing the trip with a Del's Lemonade (which is frozen lemonade and a Rhode Island staple).

                  Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post

                  The weather has been moody in the morning (like me, lol) and glorious in the afternoon/evening, just in time for me to plant myself on the deck of my Airbnb and soak in all the goodness. Took a boat ride today and saw so many seals. I want one
                  Sounds awesome!

                  Comment


                    Good morning, Sparkies! Hope you're all enjoying this Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday... but do take a moment to remember the events of 20 years ago, those who were lost and those who survived.

                    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Evening...

                    Gosh, a day at the office takes it all out of me... *yawn*
                    The weekend's here, great chance for a long nap.

                    Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                    Happy Friday!

                    The weather has been moody in the morning (like me, lol) and glorious in the afternoon/evening, just in time for me to plant myself on the deck of my Airbnb and soak in all the goodness. Took a boat ride today and saw so many seals. I want one
                    Betcha you can find a seal plushie in a gift shop...

                    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Well, my friend and I had a great time. The sailing yesterday was a definite treat. Although it would have been better without the 2 year old twins and baby also on the boat. Who brings kids that young on a sailboat?

                    I got her to experience some of my favorite Rhode Island things, finishing the trip with a Del's Lemonade (which is frozen lemonade and a Rhode Island staple).
                    Mmm, a frozen lemonade sounds delicious.

                    The little kids on a boat...ugh, there's just no accounting for common sense in some people...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      The weekend's here, great chance for a long nap.
                      Indeed.

                      Though I'm currently working on catching up with my online evening classes I enrolled myself into: AutoCad, Java and Python.

                      Next one to suggest writing one's name in a program should really consider thinking twice about that when there are students in your class which have 7 different letters in their name as opposed to Marc 1 & 2. I bet they are loving that exercise.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                      Comment


                        It’s been a chilly rainy day and I took full advantage to have the comfort foods to go with it. Yummy grilled cheese and soup, am now settled in front of a fireplace.

                        SK- don’t tempt me with the stuffed animal, I’ve been so strong in resisting. You know what it’s like when people find out you like something? It started with a glass seal and stuffed seal and people took notice. I have a while seal family now spilling down my bookcases

                        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Well, my friend and I had a great time. The sailing yesterday was a definite treat. Although it would have been better without the 2 year old twins and baby also on the boat. Who brings kids that young on a sailboat?

                        I got her to experience some of my favorite Rhode Island things, finishing the trip with a Del's Lemonade (which is frozen lemonade and a Rhode Island staple).
                        Sailing-what a treat! Glad you enjoyed despite the challenges. I always stress in situations like that, afraid the kids will tumble in. Frozen lemonade sounds terrific.

                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

                        Indeed.

                        Though I'm currently working on catching up with my online evening classes I enrolled myself into: AutoCad, Java and Python.

                        Next one to suggest writing one's name in a program should really consider thinking twice about that when there are students in your class which have 7 different letters in their name as opposed to Marc 1 & 2. I bet they are loving that exercise.
                        Good for you! lol at the name, hopefully you’ll move past those type of exercises quickly. I need to sign up for Python. I started once and didn’t keep with it.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Mmm, a frozen lemonade sounds delicious.
                          It certainly is! It's very refreshing.


                          Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          The little kids on a boat...ugh, there's just no accounting for common sense in some people...
                          Right?? When we saw the group in line, both of us just groaned. Babies are great, don't get me wrong. But not on what is supposed to be a relaxing sailboat ride.


                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus
                          Indeed.

                          Though I'm currently working on catching up with my online evening classes I enrolled myself into: AutoCad, Java and Python.

                          Next one to suggest writing one's name in a program should really consider thinking twice about that when there are students in your class which have 7 different letters in their name as opposed to Marc 1 & 2. I bet they are loving that exercise.
                          Java was one of my main programming languages back in my earlier career! Have fun!



                          Originally posted by Zandras.ashes
                          ​​​​​​Sailing-what a treat! Glad you enjoyed despite the challenges. I always stress in situations like that, afraid the kids will tumble in. Frozen lemonade sounds terrific.
                          I was less afraid of them falling out than one of them falling and banging their head. It was quite windy.

                          Comment


                            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                            First up, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag this week as USC fell to Stanford 42-28 (grr!), Tennessee fell to Pittsburgh 41-34, Virginia Tech beat Middle Tennessee 35-14, Rhode Island beat Albany 16-14, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Navy 23-3. Sheppard's sure to make this morning's PT run LEGENDARY.

                            On to next week, and the rest of the news...

                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Indeed.

                            Though I'm currently working on catching up with my online evening classes I enrolled myself into: AutoCad, Java and Python.

                            Next one to suggest writing one's name in a program should really consider thinking twice about that when there are students in your class which have 7 different letters in their name as opposed to Marc 1 & 2. I bet they are loving that exercise.
                            LOL, oh dear!

                            I used to dabble in computer animation, and I've been looking into learning programming, but my writing is eating my time. Someday...

                            Originally posted by Zandras.ashes View Post
                            It’s been a chilly rainy day and I took full advantage to have the comfort foods to go with it. Yummy grilled cheese and soup, am now settled in front of a fireplace.

                            SK- don’t tempt me with the stuffed animal, I’ve been so strong in resisting. You know what it’s like when people find out you like something? It started with a glass seal and stuffed seal and people took notice. I have a while seal family now spilling down my bookcases
                            Mmm, grilled cheese...

                            LOL, sounds like me with dragons!

                            Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Right?? When we saw the group in line, both of us just groaned. Babies are great, don't get me wrong. But not on what is supposed to be a relaxing sailboat ride.
                            Exactly.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                            Comment


                              Air Force beat Navy 23-3... BURN!

                              I can hear Sheppard grinning.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                              Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

                                First up, here's this week's College Football Roundup! It was a mixed bag this week as USC fell to Stanford 42-28 (grr!), Tennessee fell to Pittsburgh 41-34, Virginia Tech beat Middle Tennessee 35-14, Rhode Island beat Albany 16-14, and in the race for the Atlantis Cup, Air Force beat Navy 23-3. Sheppard's sure to make this morning's PT run LEGENDARY.

                                On to next week, and the rest of the news...



                                LOL, oh dear!

                                I used to dabble in computer animation, and I've been looking into learning programming, but my writing is eating my time. Someday...



                                Mmm, grilled cheese...

                                LOL, sounds like me with dragons!


                                Exactly.
                                Lol, the mental image of PT after game day never fails to bring a smile. Hope the writing is going well. You can place the dragons strategically to stare you down if you dare leave the keyboard.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X